Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir (35176 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by hansomb: 8:30pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

He didn’t explain anything.

He just went on long vituperation instead of addressing the issue.

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

He probably has corn 🌽 in Agbada😏
read , you no gree read
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by naija4life247: 8:37pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

Not everyone wakes their parents with kicks and punches as you do in your land of drugs trafficking, fake drugs and drinks manufacturing, and baby factory merchandising
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by geoworldedu: 8:45pm On Apr 02
id4sho:
Stupid man undecided, damage control. You squat to great a elderly person. If he gives you a hand shake, you then reciprocate.

Am a full breed northerner
Full breed northerner and all you know is fighting and abusing people. This man here has achieved far more than you can ever achieve in your lifetime, but you're sitting in your mud house calling him unwarranted name. Don't do that next time okwiya!
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Lovit(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02
ppogba:

Somebody gave his tradition as the reason for his action and you are saying he should " forget tradition"?
Perhaps maybe his upbringing is totally different from yours. Perhaps, to get your applause, he should have borrowed your own tradition.

Read to understand first before you comment, I said in a social setting

If Musa's coach extends a handshake to him will he ignore it? He can bow when he is at home or visiting his emir in his palace

When meeting with a state Governor, things are different because it is a social setting not a religious or village meeting
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by gtown: 10:03pm On Apr 02
Richtaiwo:

Ipob and logic are lightyears apart. You understand his mind more than him. You also understand his culture more than him. Meanwhile, even the governors action indicates acknowledgement of the cultural respect. This is how they see white but insist it is black. Example is telling us obi is competent when everyone knows he was the worst governor ever exist in Nigeria.
You quite understand these hate-filled people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by id4sho(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02
geoworldedu:

Full breed northerner and all you know is fighting and abusing people. This man here has achieved far more than you can ever achieve in your lifetime, but you're sitting in your mud house calling him unwarranted name. Don't do that next time okwiya!
Dolo irin ká, tell us how to do it better. Aturu hausa
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by aspabay(m): 10:43pm On Apr 02
Even national media outlets like ARISE TV have jumped on the bandwagon, diverting focus from issues that truly matter- highly disappointing I must say.

Shot fired
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by engrfaruq(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02
DeGods007:

But slaughtering their elders and kids like ram is what again? 🤣🤣🤣

Yeye people plenty for this country I swear

Slaughtering people like the way those military couple were slaughtered, or the way Delta soldiers were slaughtered amd decapitated? Yen yen yen grin
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Ikemba007: 11:38pm On Apr 02
Full breed northerner indeed. Weh don!

id4sho:
Stupid man undecided, damage control. You squat to great a elderly person. If he gives you a hand shake, you then reciprocate.

Am a full breed northerner
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Coolgent(m): 1:10am On Apr 03
Regulating new media in 9ja will surely enhance productivity
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by BoldBrainz(m): 7:13am On Apr 03
OChimex:

There is no end of story.

So you know the culture more than the governor who extended his hand for a shake?

Refusing a handshake when someone has extended his hand, is disrespect. If the governor didn't extend his hand for a shake then, what you and Musa argurement applies, but for the fact that governor had extended his hand for a shake, then the other respectful way which is kneel and shake his hand, applies.

The major problem with most Nigerians is, common sense, when to apply what to which.
Situation calls for appropriate actions

At this rate, you'll most likely develop serious blood pressure concerns if all you do is quip and worry over other people's issues.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by eddychukwu(m): 7:30am On Apr 03
Respect other people's cultures.
Check my signature.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Lacash: 12:16pm On Apr 03
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Ahmed Musa (MON) (OON) @Ahmedmusa718

Previous thread: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video)
https://www.nairaland.com/8048257/ahmed-musa-rejects-hand-shake
In my own culture as a Yoruba man, u don’t extend a hand of shaking to an elderly person unless they do, and refusing to shake them when they do is a gross disrespect to them 💯💯
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by risingprophet(m): 1:32pm On Apr 03
It is culture when a child never throws the first handshake. But it is in uncultured when a child refuses the handshake of a grown man. MUSA no try.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by OChimex: 2:36pm On Apr 03
BoldBrainz:

At this rate, you'll most likely develop serious blood pressure concerns if all you do is quip and worry over other people's issues.

😆🤣. Okay. I din hear sir
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by YourGFsnatcher: 5:31pm On Apr 03
santaclaws:

Bro, you already implied and mentioned twice you were from the north and I still put it to you that you're not aware of the culture...

Kwara state is North, Benue is North, Kogi & Abuja are north, those aren't core northern states, so anyone from those middle belt states can claim to be from the north. You could still be from the core north and be culturally illiterate!

El Rufai as a former governor, has chosen to kneel or bow instead of shaking hands in the presence of people like Bisi Akande and Buhari several times, tell me he isn't from the north. There are several examples like that.

You speak like a true dumb ass. Naaaaa I can't debate with you. It's not everyone that deserves knowledge. Suit yourself abeg. I have never seen anyone priding in ignorance. I can't fit. You win . Make we give u trophy
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by santaclaws: 5:41pm On Apr 03
YourGFsnatcher:

You speak like a true dumb ass. Naaaaa I can't debate with you. It's not everyone that deserves knowledge. Suit yourself abeg. I have never seen anyone priding in ignorance. I can't fit. You win . Make we give u trophy

Deal with your issues and stop spilling your emotions all over the place... I won't engage in silly exchange of derogatory words with you. Everything you wrote is for yourself alone. Adieu!
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Friend22(m): 4:52am On Apr 04
Penguin2:

You deserve a hot slap for this
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by ObidenceNeckpre: 7:24am On Apr 04
egbos are cursed people. simple they descendants of Satan. with Money worshiping and satanic criminalities reasoning
SmartPolician:

The problem with lower humans like you is that you use an individual's view to describe an entire group of several millions. You need to return to school because what you have is half-baked education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garba Lawal: Victor Osimhen’s €60m Price Tag Outrageous / My First Time Sky Diving / ​Red Star Belgrade Ride Army Tank To Celebrate Champions League Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.