Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins (27249 Views)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Marketers Raise Alarm As Diesel Price Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / APC Pegs 2023 Presidential Nomination Form At ₦100m, Announce Primaries Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Emekayoung(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02
Jestin:
The price of diesel need to come down honestly because things re pretty expensive
Diesel has always been expensive all this while. Fuel is the major issue not even diesel.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Ayo8(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02
RickyJesus:
I need someone with a licence, let's gather and buy.
I'm watching this space
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by kentokay71: 5:25pm On Apr 02
see your mouth
Melagros:
COMRADES, I pray so, I for no believe the news if to say Dangote na yoruba man
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by BigIyanga: 5:33pm On Apr 02
Eleporobi:
One million liters is not bad
1m liters by 900 =900m Naira..
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by sparko1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 02
shoodboi2:
Most marketers buy 33000 liters at once. One million liters would be over one billion naira.

Who is this guy looking to sell to? Cos I don't think he's selling to Nigerian marketers. Unless maybe major marketers.

But those ones will only turn around to sell to independent marketers who buy 33000 liters at once.

Middle man things 😂

Ap, Mobil, do I need to list everything.

No marketer in the business will prefer buying 33,000 litres, volume is everything.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by commoditiesnig: 5:35pm On Apr 02

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Felixv: 5:41pm On Apr 02

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Bizibi(m): 5:44pm On Apr 02
Kelklein:
for more clarity

One million litres is like 20 - 30 Fuel Tankers per marketer (each Tanker is around 30,000 - 50,000 litres capacity depending on the size)..

Fair enough..
the main thing is the price.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by iyke648(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02
BarrElChapo:

Unfortunately for you my younger sister works at that refinery. Keep dreaming lmaooo

Btw which Tuesday exactly ? Today ? The next week, month, year ? Brain absent 🤣
Calm down bro. The refinery has started production. Diesel( AGO) and Aviation fuel( ATK) are the major product for now. Hopefully before July-August, PMS will hit the market
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ppogba: 5:48pm On Apr 02
leokid866:
I don't know where you people always put your head cause it's been stated Nigerians have the cheapest cement in West Africa.....

The moment they hold on to a fallacy, nothing can ever change their mind even if you provide evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by GerogeI(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02
This is a possibly an indication that MOMAN members have a major stake in the refinery. They are creating a market barrier based on capital power. Who will suffer? Consumers , so stop celebrating things that will hurt you. If fuel cargo is first put on ships, for even a short distance to a tank farm, you Consumers will still pay the shipping cost as if they are imports.

If small players cannot load directly from Dangote, MOMAN will maximise its margin, which you the consumer will pay whether you like it or not. MOMAN is the Major oil Marketers Association of Nigeria consisting of Mobil now 1 plc or something, AP(formely Otedola's), Oando now part of NNPCL, MRS( owned bay Dangote), Total Nigeria, Sahara, etc. They work together to colonise things like supply of aviation fuel and import licences.

The most basic functionality of the refinery is to produce diesel with atmospheric distillation. As long as the vaccum distillation and catalytic cracking are dysfunctional, for any liter of diesel produced, the refinery will produce about same liter of fuel oil, which they cannot sell at profit. That's what happened to Warri and PH refineries when our business men bribed workers to poison the catalyst around Obasanjos era. So stop tribalizing and politicising a serious technical issue, that is quite embarrassing.

As long as that refinery cannot produce gasoline, it's either operating at a loss or at cost, so do not expect any lowering of price for diesel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by michlins(m): 5:53pm On Apr 02
seborrhic:

I don't think you have an idea of what you just typed
there's this marketer called ***tight. Go and verify how many liters he lifts and it's not like he's a big player
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 5:54pm On Apr 02
Nonybb:
Dangote is one of the stubborn demon holding this country. I wonder why God bless such a wicked man. People don't know this man personally. I remember when Obasanjo favoured this evil genius and he got rich through monopolization; built his cement factory at Kogi. Yet after years of doing so, with FG refusing to allow others import cement, this Fulani evil has refused to crash the price of cement. Then came the Dangote refinery. Who told you people that this Fulani animal would make the product affordable and quench the price increase?
even if he reduces the prices of cement and disel/petrol, your brothers will still not reduce the price of things in the market. They are all the same set of wicked people

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by blaise26abj(m): 6:03pm On Apr 02
Oghene86:

Most marketers can't afford that. What that mean is that the same major marketers involved in importation will be the ones to buy.

This is where they should Collaborate . If 30 -35 ( or less) marketers come together and buy, they will be fine .
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Jestin: 6:03pm On Apr 02
Emekayoung:

Diesel has always been expensive all this while. Fuel is the major issue not even diesel.
Not just fuel Oga. Heavy duty vehicles used for transportation rely mostly on diesel

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by zomoears(m): 6:04pm On Apr 02
Nonybb:
Dangote is one of the stubborn demon holding this country. I wonder why God bless such a wicked man. People don't know this man personally. I remember when Obasanjo favoured this evil genius and he got rich through monopolization; built his cement factory at Kogi. Yet after years of doing so, with FG refusing to allow others import cement, this Fulani evil has refused to crash the price of cement. Then came the Dangote refinery. Who told you people that this Fulani animal would make the product affordable and quench the price increase?

Strong words sha.

1,000,000l means 30-31 trucks per order.

Its not a playground for small players.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by onatisi(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02
shoodboi2:
Most marketers buy 33000 liters at once. One million liters would be over one billion naira.

Who is this guy looking to sell to? Cos I don't think he's selling to Nigerian marketers. Unless maybe major marketers.

But those ones will only turn around to sell to independent marketers who buy 33000 liters at once.

Middle man things 😂
That means it will be consolidated orders . Many small marketers will have to buy from the major ones who have the capital to buy. That reduces Dangote headache of dealing with many marketers .

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by OYEDIPE(m): 6:15pm On Apr 02
shoodboi2:

Middle man things 😂
Oga... This shows you have a little knowledge of what you are talking about.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by blacknp(m): 6:19pm On Apr 02
Melagros:
COMRADES, I pray so, I for no believe the news if to say Dangote na yoruba man
Always Igbo? Why.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by segunAde1: 6:20pm On Apr 02
Yourprick:
Ok so how much is he now selling?

You too dey go far! Let's start from when is it starting 😜
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by gold360(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02
Its simple . Marketers can come together and pull together money that can afford this quantity
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02
Nonybb:
Go and build your own and give out products for free.
You want us to bring down Dangote while you are singing praises of your own village
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Omalicious1: 6:46pm On Apr 02
Nemere2020:

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-dangote-pegs-minimum-of-1ml-marketer-as-diesel-sale-begins/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1. What currency would be used in purchase of the product?

2. Will this bring about a reduction in the cost of selling diesel tò the end user?

3. How far for Petrol na?
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by bekpo(m): 6:47pm On Apr 02
Oghene86:

Yes they would, because technically the refinery is outside Nigeria, the any product to leave the refinery they would pay import duties to customs.

So I don't think it will be that cheap, but the price would reduce because transportation is out of it.

Import duty from where? Landing cost from where? This is d question Nigerians will want to ask.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by khattab02: 6:48pm On Apr 02
Hmmm... Àbeg start producing and selling.

See how we have become relying on one Man's refinery to enjoy our natural resources.

Why can't we own and fix our own refinery?? undecided
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Omoapena(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02
1m/marketer in a day, week or a month?
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Omoapena(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02
Oghene86:

Most marketers can't afford that. What that mean is that the same major marketers involved in importation will be the ones to buy.

1m litres, sounds like something that won't be enough for Lagos state alone...

Heard, this trucks uses 1k litre to move from Lagos to north and imagine 100trucks at a go to the north, that's 100,000 litre being consumed by trucks going to north alone.
Now talk about other users, 1m sounds small to me tho.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Sunmolar(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02
If he fixes the price monopolistically.... Marketers should look somewhere else
It's about Nigeria not about an individual or groups..... There's room for stringent measures by the government to curtail any bad action from him and the likes.

Let Nigerian stage a boycott at the worse.... enough of stupidity.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Oghene86: 7:44pm On Apr 02
Omoapena:

1m litres, sounds like something that won't be enough for Lagos state alone...

Heard, this trucks uses 1k litre to move from Lagos to north and imagine 100trucks at a go to the north, that's 100,000 litre being consumed by trucks going to north alone.
Now talk about other users, 1m sounds small to me tho.

You don't understand, what they're saying is that the minimum they would sell to marketers would be a million liters, not to states, most small markets can only afford 33,000 liters or double
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by tnerro1(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02
chnnmfl:
If you stored USD better offload am now

Better keep your dollars, when election comes, those that love to bribe delegates with dollars will make it to go up again. You no go lose at all.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Omoapena(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02
Oghene86:

You don't understand, what they're saying is that the minimum they would sell to marketers would be a million liters, not to states, most small markets can only afford 33,000 liters or double

Ooh, I misunderstood it.
Thanks
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by aieromon(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02
azpekuliar:

That is the most important information after the fact that he has started selling diesel. Who needs useless information like the minimum quantity of diesel that can be purchased by each marketer.

Local oil marketers agreed a price of 1,225 naira ($0.96) per litre of diesel following a bulk purchase agreement, before putting their mark-up, said Abubakar Maigandi, head of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria.
The association's members control about 150,000 retail stations across Nigeria, Maigandi said.
The smaller Depots and Petroleum Products Marketers Association of Nigeria said its members were seeking letters of credit to buy petroleum products from Dangote.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/nigerias-oil-marketers-load-products-dangote-refinery-2024-04-02/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrorism Charges Against Emefiele By DSS (Full Details) / Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC / Atiku Under Pressure To Dump APC As Jonathan Woos Him - Daily Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.