Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins (27345 Views)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Marketers Raise Alarm As Diesel Price Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / APC Pegs 2023 Presidential Nomination Form At ₦100m, Announce Primaries Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02
Simply means all marketers that cannot afford 1m litre will merge with each other to purchase of Dangote AGO.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ignis: 3:37pm On Apr 02
All tye best to Dangote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Dshocker(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02
That is approximately N1b for 1,000,000 litres

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by miqos02(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02
Oghene86:

A Free Zone is a geographically designated area deemed to be outside the customs territory within which national regulations to production and trade, the refinery is located in the free zone.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by SalamRushdie: 3:39pm On Apr 02
adigunmu:

Must you abuse to drive home your point.

I am sorry abeg ..I just lost my mind small seeing someone believing Dangote that is importing crude to refine can drop price of diesel
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Front0lane: 3:40pm On Apr 02
But your Igbo tribesmen were the one shouting Dangote refinery won't be ready till 2027 forgetting the Orient Refinery Peter Pandora Obi commissioned over 20 years ago is yet to produce a single litre of fuel till tomorrow.

Melagros:
COMRADES, I pray so, I for no believe the news if to say Dangote na yoruba man

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by OGUAF(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02
shoodboi2:
Most marketers buy 33000 liters at once. One million liters would be over one billion naira.

Who is this guy looking to sell to? Cos I don't think he's selling to Nigerian marketers. Unless maybe major marketers.

But those ones will only turn around to sell to independent marketers who buy 33000 liters at once.

Middle man things 😂
They are referring to marketers with tank farms.

1 million litres is about 1,000 tons which is very small.

A single tank in a tank farm can accommodate up to 5,000 tons(5 million litres). There are so many tank farms in onne, ph and apapa, lagos that have more than 10,000 tons tank farm capacity.

Also as a "credit worthy" marketer, you don't even need to have 1 billion naira in your bank to pay for the 1 million litres. They would go to let's say zenith bank. Zenith bank would give them a credit line of 1 billion naira to pay dangote, they would load the product and within 1-3 months sell all the stock.

They would return the money(1 billion naira) back to Zenith bank. Usually the bank may charge like 10 naira per litre sold or so.

For just this single transaction, zenith bank would cash out 10 million naira(using our bank deposits of 1 billion naira).

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by YesDaddyTill203: 3:41pm On Apr 02
Nonybb:
Dangote is one of the stubborn demon holding this country. I wonder why God bless such a wicked man. People don't know this man personally. I remember when Obasanjo favoured this evil genius and he got rich through monopolization; built his cement factory at Kogi. Yet after years of doing so, with FG refusing to allow others import cement, this Fulani evil has refused to crash the price of cement. Then came the Dangote refinery. Who told you people that this Fulani animal would make the product affordable and quench the price increase?
Brainwashed tribal bigot is spotted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Babangidapikin: 3:41pm On Apr 02
I wish them well, I hope they flood the market ..crash price small even though crude oil price no gree come down... Thank you Alhaji...
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Front0lane: 3:42pm On Apr 02
He will crash the price when Innoson crash the price of Cars as bigotry n foolishness wan end your life.

Nonybb:
Dangote is one of the stubborn demon holding this country. I wonder why God bless such a wicked man. People don't know this man personally. I remember when Obasanjo favoured this evil genius and he got rich through monopolization; built his cement factory at Kogi. Yet after years of doing so, with FG refusing to allow others import cement, this Fulani evil has refused to crash the price of cement. Then came the Dangote refinery. Who told you people that this Fulani animal would make the product affordable and quench the price increase?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ninetiethcrown7(m): 3:42pm On Apr 02
Oghene86:

A Free Zone is a geographically designated area deemed to be outside the customs territory within which national regulations to production and trade, the refinery is located in the free zone.

You have it mixed up, it’s because the refinery is located in a free zone that’s why there wouldn’t be any duties on the goods.

Free trade zones are tax and duty free (usually).

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by enemyofprogress: 3:43pm On Apr 02
Mrajipatula:
Finally diesel can drop to 500 chai e sweet me
I no like am at all. It's not suppose to be more than two hundred naira
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by tommylee(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02
Its not meant for private (kobo kobo)
marketers 😂😂😂😂 in the 1st place baba
Oghene86:

Most marketers can't afford that. What that mean is that the same major marketers involved in importation will be the ones to buy.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Franzinni: 3:44pm On Apr 02
Melagros:
COMRADES, I pray so, I for no believe the news if to say Dangote na yoruba man
but the king of your country is a .. Yoruba man.... The man fixing the problems that was created for years is a ... Yoruba man quite frankly the last president to fix the mess of this country was also a .... You guessed it ... You are not too dull after all !!! A Yoruba man !!! Clap for your self... You get a star ⭐

Also the man who will set the caged NK free and release him from the shackles of the Zoo.. is a .... 😂 😂 You can't help it , it is ordained that is why you hate us so much ... But we keep the lead like a senior brother should ehn!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Almaiga: 3:44pm On Apr 02
Epistasis:

The like hearing bad news about my dear country Nigeria, why won't they be pained!!!

No mind them. It's not like their Region is even doing well. Their Region and politicians are even the worst in the Country
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by swagifted(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02
shoodboi2:

That's one angle. But I can't really think of any company that will want that much diesel at once. That's like 31 trucks or so.

I was thinking banks and factories but it'll be too much for them unless they pay at once and carry it in bits. Only a business or organization with large storage capacity will carry this much diesel at once.

That again goes back to the major marketers.
if its 31 trucks that means its not even a big deal....if you dispense one full truck a day as diesel retailer , that's just one month stock of diesel, i know an apartment in abuja, central area to be precise, they have enough diesel in storage to run both towers for 6 months if there is zero grid for 6 months (each one is 23 storeys tall) , so as a dealer, you should target to have more than 6 months storage.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by mfm04622: 3:49pm On Apr 02
shoodboi2:
Most marketers buy 33000 liters at once. One million liters would be over one billion naira.

Who is this guy looking to sell to? Cos I don't think he's selling to Nigerian marketers. Unless maybe major marketers.

But those ones will only turn around to sell to independent marketers who buy 33000 liters at once.

Middle man things 😂

How many liters do you think Nigerians that import diesel import at a go?

Also, the dealer to a refinery is not the same as dealer to distributors.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by MasterTeeUSA: 3:50pm On Apr 02
He wants to minimize the number of qualified marketers which would be easier to manage. Instead of dealing with maybe 1000 marketers, he would be dealing with 100, and that would streamline the matter. Of course it would create middle men, but his prices would be listed so middle men cant inflate anyhow. I am sure he would also revise if need be. For a business just starting off, you don't want the process to be cumbersome including receipt of payments and all...this is a good plan.

shoodboi2:

Middle man things 😂

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Rufai1314(m): 3:51pm On Apr 02
So, how much per liter now
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by keemsleek(m): 3:55pm On Apr 02
[quote author=Kelklein post=129233197] for more clarity

One million litres is like 20 - 30 Fuel Tankers per marketer (each Tanker is around 30,000 - 50,000 litres capacity depending on the size).

Fair enough..
[/quo

Majorly 33,000 litres truck. Anything from 33k litres of trucks is rare. Yes, fear enough. Depot owners will buy in metric tons directly from the refinery while liters will be from his depot.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ppogba: 3:55pm On Apr 02
BarrElChapo:
Story story

E shock you say refinery wey una talk say hin go start work for 2026 wan begin sell on Tuesday?

Accept my SINpathies.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Didijiji: 3:55pm On Apr 02
Good news

Please state the price
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by azpekuliar: 3:56pm On Apr 02
EnglishUsa:
How much is he going to sell?

That is the information everyone is waiting for.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by TheDemola: 3:57pm On Apr 02
Mrajipatula:

Dey play
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by BarrElChapo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02
ppogba:

E shock you say refinery wey una talk say hin go start work for 2026 wan begin sell on Tuesday?

Accept my SINpathies.

Unfortunately for you my younger sister works at that refinery. Keep dreaming lmaooo

Btw which Tuesday exactly ? Today ? The next week, month, year ? Brain absent 🤣
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by victorVIC1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 02
edogu:
This is good news. I hope this will help to drive down the price of diesel.

With the minimum order quantity, I don't see much difference
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by Offpoint1: 4:02pm On Apr 02
Mrajipatula:
We all want that, but I thought it will. Dangote na business group, not Nigerian government.
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ppogba: 4:02pm On Apr 02
Front0lane:
But your Igbo tribesmen were the one shouting Dangote refinery won't be ready till 2027 forgetting the Orient Refinery Peter Pandora Obi commissioned over 20 years ago is yet to produce a single litre of fuel till tomorrow.

With the audacity with which some of them talked about the 2026 take off date, some even claiming they work there, one would think DANGOTE has not laid the foundation.

I am not always comfortable when people label them " hate filled" but then, that adjective may not be too wrong after all.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by alizma: 4:05pm On Apr 02
This is how it works, he set a high standard for people he know cannot meet up, then he create a middle channel from no where who will say I can meet up, then the middle channel now sell at a margin, to the actual people who were originally supposed to buy from him directly. By so doing he is cashing out from both side
Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ppogba: 4:06pm On Apr 02
BarrElChapo:

Unfortunately for you my younger sister works at that refinery. Keep dreaming lmaooo

Btw which Tuesday exactly ? Today ? The next week, month, year ? Brain absent 🤣

This is not the first time we are reading, my brother works there. My father works there.
Even if it is your wishful 2026, it shall soon be here.

But frankly, what do you people gain by being hateful of anything good about Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins by ppogba: 4:10pm On Apr 02
alizma:
This is how it works, he set a high standard for people he know cannot meet up, then he create a middle channel from no where who will say I can meet up, then the middle channel now sell at a margin, to the actual people who were originally supposed to buy from him directly. By so doing he is cashing out from both side

The usual presumptuous wrong analysis.
Do you expect the refinery to be selling to all trucks of 33,000 liters?
Do you think Nigerian Breweries sell to every beer parlour at their plant?

There is something they call logistics in distribution. Go and read about it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) / Ope Banwo: Man Who Developed Peter Obi App Accuse Supporters Of Blackmail / Clement Ikolo: Army Releases Monarch Declared Wanted Over Okuama Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.