Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix (34580 Views)

The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) / Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) / Adigun Ibadan Sacked By Seyi Makinde For Posting False Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by sonnie10: 7:59pm On Apr 02
Nice one. That means the Abia state one is 10 times bigger.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:59pm On Apr 02
press9jatv:

Feedbackoysg
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by tubolancer(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02
kenny714433:
IPP or solar farm?

But why can't Nigeria manufacture things like solar panels? Nigerian education is a total mess. All talk, nothing to show for it.

Honestly, no! During my curious age, I wanted producing solar panels. After using Fx series of casio calculator, I removed the solar panel to check the secret. I made real research.....

That was when I learnt of stuff like photosensitive materials, electron jump, silicon cell etc.

At such a tender age, I only knew how to improvise to set up all those components. I was haunted by my dad who never wanted to see me "play" but study, my limited knowledge of where to get those materials, my symbian phone which will always reference everything to US and UK.

After years of unsuccessful attempts, I landed in the university and the haunting continued, even worst.

It was an abandoned dream and abandoned hope.
Nevertheless, I was able to produce speakers from scratch. Achieved just by wounding coils around magnetic field and using silver film to reflect the sound.

I failed in:
Solar panels
Generating electricity with motors without battery
Electronic bell
Transistor radio.

In summary, Nigerian education is trash, it buries your aspirations. I later picked Civil Engineering in the University and it's still trash. I can only attribute 95% of the real world knowledge I have now to my Catholic secondary school.
There is nothing in Nigerian University, just like you I learn everything in secondary school.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Integrafamoo: 8:02pm On Apr 02
londonerr:
Hmmmmmm good. But Afe Babalola University has something like this without noise.
Block your ear ways if the positive news is a noise to you

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by fuckJones(f): 8:02pm On Apr 02
tinubu started independence power project in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by NahuiCyka: 8:04pm On Apr 02
IPP on shipping containers.... Eleyi Seyi keep playing

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by slimfit1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02
londonerr:
Hmmmmmm good. But Afe Babalola University has something like this without noise.

They know that this what small minded people want to see.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Slayar: 8:07pm On Apr 02
Not trying to shit on his achievement o,but 11 megawatt small

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by foodlum: 8:07pm On Apr 02
I MW can power 750-1,000 homes.

That means 11 MW can power up to 10,000 homes. [/quote]

You wrong sir. I MW can only power up to 100 homes consuming 10 KWH each per day.
11 MW can only power 1100 homes consuming 10 KWH per day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by drerocker: 8:08pm On Apr 02
press9jatv:

Feedbackoysg
Delta s ta the oya follow suit oooo
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:08pm On Apr 02
kenny714433:
IPP or solar farm?

But why can't Nigeria manufacture things like solar panels? Nigerian education is a total mess. All talk, nothing to show for it.

Honestly, no! During my curious age, I wanted producing solar panels. After using Fx series of casio calculator, I removed the solar panel to check the secret. I made real research.....

That was when I learnt of stuff like photosensitive materials, electron jump, silicon cell etc.

At such a tender age, I only knew how to improvise to set up all those components. I was haunted by my dad who never wanted to see me "play" but study, my limited knowledge of where to get those materials, my symbian phone which will always reference everything to US and UK.

After years of unsuccessful attempts, I landed in the university and the haunting continued, even worst.

Nevertheless, I was able to produce speakers from scratch. Achieved just by wounding coils around magnetic field and using silver film to reflect the sound.

I failed in:
Solar panels
Electronic bell
Transistor radio.

In summary, Nigerian education is trash, it buries your aspirations. I later picked Civil Engineering in the University and it's still trash. I can only attribute 95% of the real world knowledge I have now to my Catholic secondary school.

Solar is the way.
We are gifted with the sun most countries seek, yet we barely use it.
That money used to build power plant, can be used to gift every home in Oyo state a solar system that can carry appliances at home, imported from China at a very cheap price.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by femicyrus(m): 8:08pm On Apr 02
Just solar power on a medium scale.
I can't even spend N50m on this.
I am eager to hear the billions expended on this by our governor

How I wish we don't have the type of politicians we have in this country
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by ForValour: 8:10pm On Apr 02
11 MW is not enough to power one town in Oyo state

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by mechanics(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02
It's long overdue, Oyo lacks adequate power supply.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by thedio(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02
Seyi Makinde is clueless and always try too hard to play to gallery.
The senseless governor that wasted Oyo state money to buy diesel powered generator at this age just to power street light.
He just woke up after has has siphoned enough money with failed light up Oyo project in the name of fuelling street generators
Follow follow governor with container built solar farm

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by am0s(m): 8:11pm On Apr 02
Asejire dam would have been better to generate more power
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Dam5reey1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 02
foodlum:

I MW can power 750-1,000 homes.

That means 11 MW can power up to 10,000 homes.

You wrong sir. I MW can only power up to 100 homes consuming 10 KWH each per day.
11 MW can only power 1100 homes consuming 10 KWH per day.

Power is different from Energy.. don't confuse 10KW and 10kWH..

1KW for 24Hours is 24KWH..

1MW can power 1000 homes without issues.. and total energy will be 24MWH over a 24hour period.

Without ACs.. average load in many homes is less than 1KW... 1000KW makes 1MW..

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by faceland: 8:13pm On Apr 02
kenny714433:
IPP or solar farm?

I failed in:
Solar panels
Electronic bell
Transistor radio.

Anything that woukd benefit us, they woukd hide from us. Back in the 90's calculators had a small spot for solar. So all the engineering graduates we have, none can replicate a technology that has been abundantly mass produced for over 30 years.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by faceland: 8:16pm On Apr 02
Kudos to the governor.
Keep working.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:17pm On Apr 02
press9jatv:
Kudos to Engineer Seyi Makinde
but no be container I dey see so?
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Lifestone(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:
That won't be enough for a mini estate.
Ignorance. Check what 11MW will power.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by na2016: 8:21pm On Apr 02
kenny714433:
IPP or solar farm?

I failed in:
Solar panels
Electronic bell
Transistor radio.

If civil engineering is trash to you then you ain't good at all
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Tayorshd87: 8:23pm On Apr 02
Depriest2020:
The 11 mega watts is it for government house alone?

Am out to ask too because I don't know how many appliance these can carry in that residence or location mtheeww

Na wá óò 11 megawatt
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by ToyinDipo(m): 8:23pm On Apr 02
Depriest2020:
The 11 mega watts is it for government house alone?
And some moröns here are praising him.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Londerry: 8:26pm On Apr 02
Nigeria government, federal and state inclusive always reactive, never proactive. If there is no problem with the grid system nobody will execute power plant project to completion just on paper for personal gains and to score cheap points for election. But at least we thank the governors especially Abia and Oyo state working on it. Lagos will only continue leading in propaganda. As usual
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Tayorshd87: 8:26pm On Apr 02
faceland:

Anything that woukd benefit us, they woukd hide from us. Back in the 90's calculators had a small spot for solar. So all the engineering graduates we have, none can replicate a technology that has been abundantly mass produced for over 30 years.

My brother na only tough tough math and engineering math physics chemistry then dey solve up and down

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Lifestone(m): 8:27pm On Apr 02
femicyrus:
Just solar power on a medium scale.
I can't even spend N50m on this.
I am eager to hear the billions expended on this by our governor

How I wish we don't have the type of politicians we have in this country
Google is your friend. It cost an average of $1million dollar to generate 1 megawatt of power
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by GerogeI(m): 8:28pm On Apr 02
kenny714433:
IPP or solar farm?

I failed in:
Solar panels
Electronic bell
Transistor radio.

Common,
If you really researched solar panels, at least by now you should have made a silicon wafer. Do not critique too much when you are also guilty.

Solar Panel
First Technical hurdle: Grow a silicon crystal. Chinese can't do this, so they just buy already made from Germany

Second technical hurdle: slice the wafer into micro thick wafers. You need the right machine, its basically a capital investment. Or by already sliced wafers

Third Technical hurdle, map the wafer into microscopic zoned and dope with Boron gas for P type, and Phosphorus gas for P type. Its basically having two templates, one that covers n-type zones and exposes P- type zones to Boron gas, and the second is the revers. This way you get P-N junctions that produce elections when hit by light photons.

Fourt Technical Hurdle:
Deposit metal or conducting matetial on the back at the N type zone to collect electrons as the positive terminal, do same to the p-typ as positive terminal. You have a solar cell.

Aggregate then on parallel and series on quartz glass which does not block any Ray, seal it with EVO sheets, ads a frame and you have a solar panel.

However, you need power for all this so your first hurdle is cost effective power supply. How ironic. Nigeria the Dream killer!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by Greenback: 8:29pm On Apr 02
Nice one from Seyi...this is only just the first step as little drops make a mighty ocean.

I am surprised a certain stola ain't here to lament or at least,say something.
We ain't mocking Seyi for starting with just 11MW but we remember how this stola made mockery of Otti day and night over his 188 MW! How he and others like yarimo made jest!!!!
No wahala,as you keep making mockery of people's efforts,the people will continue to prosper and forge on and grow.. people really need electricity.
God bless Otti,God bless Seyi.
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by ppogba: 8:31pm On Apr 02
londonerr:

But ABIA state assaulted us for weeks for something like this. Especially their online bingos.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by 43Ronin: 8:33pm On Apr 02
Notice that most of the states doing well are the ones not controlled by APC
Re: Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix by 43Ronin: 8:35pm On Apr 02
ppogba:

But ABIA state assaulted us for weeks for something like this. Especially their online bingos.
That's because its 181MW not 11Mw undecided almost 20 of this

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It's Your Turn To Retire, Obi Replies Tinubu / No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.