Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) (20482 Views)

There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video) / Side Chick Vs Second Wife, Which Hurts Women More? / My Wife Turns Down Sex Because Of Lockdown - Man Says (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Zooposki(f): 3:55pm On Apr 05
2braithe:

As if we don't have toddlers or have people that have toddlers smh.

Try living in Lagos Island and making an average of 1.5 million naira monthly yet spend less than 18% on yourself.

Ask people working in big 3 consulting firms or big 4 accounting firms if they have time time for themselves and on weekends.

Nobody dey beg una for marriage na. The man controls marriage, yet na una dey rush/fight to marry multiple women. Abeg carry your hypocrisy dey go, biko. You can as well remain a bachelor so as not carry that woman/family burden.
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by coronavirus19: 4:51pm On Apr 05
Unconsciously Subconsciously*
bonechamberlain:
angry

Reason why men value respect so much, and why men should not tolerate any arrogant, self-centred lady.

Some ladies suffer from princess complex, they want to be worshipped. What most ladies don't know is that with humility and respect any responsible man (not Marlians) would do everything to worship and adore her most times unconsciously.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by rapheal5(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05
bonechamberlain:
angry

Reason why men value respect so much, and why men should not tolerate any arrogant, self-centred lady.

Some ladies suffer from princess complex, they want to be worshipped. What most ladies don't know is that with humility and respect any responsible man (not Marlians) would do everything to worship and adore her most times unconsciously.
Even marlians and cultist do
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by bonechamberlain(m): 5:04pm On Apr 05
coronavirus19:
Unconsciously Subconsciously*
👍🏾
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by kellexnuel(m): 10:11pm On Apr 05
Marriage benefits women. It's God's grace that strengthens us to fulfill our role as husbands
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by flokii: 10:19pm On Apr 05
That's the bitter truth.. the life of a man no easy atal, struggle, struggle and more struggles.
This is why I shake head when I see silly females call young guys broke.. like wetin your own papa don achieve in life?
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by pansophist(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05
If a woman is not traditional, then yes, she benefits from marriage more. It's like buying a man's husband's duties and lifestyle with fake currency. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

If her traditionalism is based on subscription, when it only applies when you have money, are loyal to her emotions, and are a repentant street girl, then you should marry a man because at least both of you will pay during the date.

Otherwise, men and women benefit from marriage, if done rightly.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Boldideas: 11:05pm On Apr 05
officialwdhtv:
Marriage benefits women more than men — Lady says

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWmAcPGcyBY

Before we did not take cognizance of that, so we felt love was enough. But now we know, yeah am gonna love you, but you've got to have both class and morals. No more pity loving...
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Kelklein(m): 5:52am On Apr 06
Paramount01:

How, show me where u see ham

When you are looking for a partner, do you go seek her or she comes seek you?!
Do you pay her bride price or she pays your groom price?!
When you have a family, is it you or your wife that provide for the family?!
When you have séx, do you release inside of her or she release inside of you?!

It's nature, brother. It is designed to put you at the giving end, and she at the receiving end..
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Psoul(m): 9:45am On Apr 06
In ideal state, that's what it seems.
In reality, marriage benefits both in almost equal rate.

There are men making money and their money kept going to what they do not even know.
Once some of them got married to good women, their lives got a shape and everything started falling in the right places.
Some women will start giving you advice to buy land, build house, make this investment and the other. Stop following so so persons. Most of these pieces of advise do shape the man to be greater in life and even make him live better and longer.

Many good women are out there helping their husbands make and preserve wealth.
So, my dear sister, your analysis is incomplete.
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by naijapikin2(m): 11:46am On Apr 06
43Ronin:

U are on the verge of divorce and you are rushing to another marriage. Marriage nanyour life goal?
My brother person drown for water no mean say another person no go drink water again. I still believe in the beauty of marriage.
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Gerrard59(m): 12:41pm On Apr 06
Zooposki:

Keep screaming.

There’s a 4B movement going on in South Korea, Japan and most Asian countries due to all this male chauvinism. Their birth rate is so down, they are inviting foreigners into their country but I don’t think it will work. American women are adopting it as we speak right now. It will soon get to Africa.

On the other hand I wonder what the Asian women will do if they jam African men who are even more misogynistic than their Asian counterparts. Lol

Only happening in Korea, and very little of such in Japan or other Asian countries. Although all East Asian societies are suffering from low birth and marriage rates, their causes vary. Korea's issue is multifaceted and terrible as it imbibes Confucian and Western cultures and practices both to the extreme.

Well, the future of the country will be seen in the coming decades as the population reduces, the pension system begins to crack, immigrants with varying cultures are invited, and a roaring North Korea is abut them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Gerrard59(m): 12:44pm On Apr 06
Zooposki:

Nobody dey beg una for marriage na. The man controls marriage, yet na una dey rush/fight to marry multiple women. Abeg carry your hypocrisy dey go, biko. You can as well remain a bachelor so as not carry that woman/family burden.

That is the problem I have with Nigerian men - they are the ones who complain that marriage largely benefits women, which I agree with. But they are same persons who are itching or rushing to get married EVEN more than women. See the ones who japa'd recently, all are whining of kini kon kini kon how women there are not interested in them.

Apparently, it looks like Nigerian men desire marriage more than their women, but shame no gree them accept.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Gerrard59(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06
Well, the OP is largely correct as modern-day women are still hypergamous even though they now earn good money and have greater freedoms. The benefits most men would get have been reduced, with nothing to replace those lost benefits. You compete with women in the same school admissions and labour market, etc. There are some industries and roles men cannot even break into simply because women have occupied everywhere. So, women have reaped these benefits WHILE maintaining hypergamy - where as the man, you still have to be at the top of your game financially and societal status.

One would then ask himself, what is the benefit of being a man? Only wealthy men benefit from being men; other men don't share whatever so-called patriarchal benefits feminazis claim male folks enjoy.

In conclusion, the only benefit men derive from marriage is having children within a two-parent household, as wedlock does more harm to both genders and the greater society. Also, having children from different women whom you as the man are not married to is absolutely nonsensical and financially draining. No one should mention sex, as many married men don't even get sex from their wives, and when they do, it is timetable-based. Who makes this timetable? The woman. The reason married men patronise sex workers more than even single men, and I am willing to bet that sexually active married men get less sex while being married than single men who are equally sexually active.

So, where is the benefit?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Free2Fly: 1:59pm On Apr 06
Zooposki:

Keep screaming.

There’s a 4B movement going on in South Korea, Japan and most Asian countries due to all this male chauvinism. Their birth rate is so down, they are inviting foreigners into their country but I don’t think it will work. American women are adopting it as we speak right now. It will soon get to Africa.

On the other hand I wonder what the Asian women will do if they jam African men who are even more misogynistic than their Asian counterparts. Lol

This is far from the truth. African men treat women far better than Asian men do to their own females
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by anonimi: 2:06pm On Apr 06
Gerrard59:

In conclusion, the only benefit men derive from marriage is having children within a two-parent household, as wedlock does more harm to both genders and the greater society. Also, having children from different women whom you as the man are not married to is absolutely nonsensical and financially draining. No one should mention sex, as many married men don't even get sex from their wives, and when they do, it is timetable-based. Who makes this timetable? The woman. The reason married men patronise sex workers more than even single men, and I am willing to bet that sexually active married men get less sex while being married than single men who are equally sexually active.

So, where is the benefit?

Quite interesting that wedlock can be broken down into two words- wed AND lock.
Quite interesting!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Apr 06
Mayflowa:

Next marriage in another life or this life? That means you must be gaining from marriage

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:02pm On Apr 06
anungangampu:
I have come to understand that, there is no solution that can work 100% when it comes to how man should be treated and how a woman should be treated.
I always assume we all have something strong controlling us that hardly share same attributes. A man has a strong demi-influence over him which command respect whether he wants it or not.
A woman has her own which command love, care, empathy, beauty and comparison, no matter how poor or rich she is.

But just like everything God made in excess in our body such as the desire to eat, continue hair growth and continue urge to do things we are familiar with; I think same lies with this influence that comes from our subconscious; we have to tamper it and control it excess in order to live and survive with one another.

But as it stand it seems everyone is promoting their excess and why it all looks exploitive going into relationships nowaday.

I think and ideal relationships entails a man cutting down his ego or allowing so matters be from deep understanding, which also means a woman need to understand such a man and not see him as weak and something to treat faintly..

Then at the other side, A woman should know what is good for her and stop taking her list of demands from other girls and other women and stay true with what is affordable for her to look decent to her husband.

This stuff are not easy. One must go through a stage of defining one needs and wants very far from what the world want.
But the question is, how many people is ready to damn the world and live according to their divine needs ?

I still argue getting an older girl or older man is better as both has come to a point where they have defined their needs, but the problem is that most are just waiting till marriage before they roll out their demand.

@Bold:

So it is 'catch 22' suitation? cheesy
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by anungangampu: 5:22pm On Apr 06
bukatyne:

@Bold:

So it is 'catch 22' suitation? cheesy
It's a hard sitiaution. Some girls are so matured in that age, some are still waiting to hit it big in their hoe stage. But then I prefer older ladies, the problem is they are always marriage focused
Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by Kelechi009: 5:22pm On Apr 06
oliverwrites:
Unpaid labour? Westernisation is affecting Nigeria women. Does he pay rent? School fees? Feeding you, the kids and himself? Isn't that enough payment?

Plus when the children grow who between you and him is going to benefit from them more?

If you are referring to irresponsible idiotas I agree but for those of us who are trying as much as possible to be responsible, marriage is against us but for our women.

I personally spell this out to my wife whenever that we have equal right nonsense comes up. Some of us know marriage is against us, but we also do know that it is a mandate from GOD and not doing it is not an option.

I will take care of my wife and kids till I die, how they behave is none of my business. My mandate is my mandate. Can be tough and painful especially when women are being women, but it is what it is.

I was waiting for a good response for this, so I scrolled through all the pages but none from @zooposki

I recently engaged in an argument with a woman who vehemently opposed my viewpoint. Following the disagreement, she harbored resentment towards me because I presented clear and compelling reasons to support my stance.

Before marriage

- Man pays bride price
- Man pays for the wedding (Traditional & Church)

After marriage:

- Man pays rent?
- Man pays School fees?
- Man pays for Feeding you, the kids and himself?
- Man still buys her luxuries for her on her Birthday, Valentines day, Mother's Day, Christmas Day & other occasions across the year.
- Man buys her a car

All of this is done is Nigerian families (home & abroad), then @zooposki calls it unpaid labour.

So I asked further:

Would you consider switching roles, taking on the responsibility of paying all the bills while your husband relaxes and offers occasional support? Typically, the response to this proposition is negative.

In conclusion:

Women often become displeased upon realizing that their husbands are cognizant of this reality. Some may even develop animosity towards their spouses, akin to what @zooposki expressed, or you may begin to encounter microaggressions within the household. I sincerely hope this isn't your situation, Mr. @oliverwrites.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by pansophist(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06
PHIPEX:
Sadly true, the part of taking care of the girl's family seems to be the worst of it.

Simply by marrying, a man takea care of his own nuclear family, extended family and now the wife's family. If he fails in any of these he's still seen as a failure.

He has a choice to refuse, reject, eject, dismiss, and abandon such responsibility. No man should take up such responsibility, and if the fam will dislike him because he refused to be a donkey, so be it.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) by oliverwrites: 12:25pm On Apr 07
Kelechi009:

I was waiting for a good response for this, so I scrolled through all the pages but none from @zooposki

I recently engaged in an argument with a woman who vehemently opposed my viewpoint. Following the disagreement, she harbored resentment towards me because I presented clear and compelling reasons to support my stance.

Before marriage

- Man pays bride price
- Man pays for the wedding (Traditional & Church)

After marriage:

- Man pays rent?
- Man pays School fees?
- Man pays for Feeding you, the kids and himself?
- Man still buys her luxuries for her on her Birthday, Valentines day, Mother's Day, Christmas Day & other occasions across the year.
- Man buys her a car

All of this is done is Nigerian families (home & abroad), then @zooposki calls it unpaid labour.

So I asked further:

Would you consider switching roles, taking on the responsibility of paying all the bills while your husband relaxes and offers occasional support? Typically, the response to this proposition is negative.

In conclusion:

Women often become displeased upon realizing that their husbands are cognizant of this reality. Some may even develop animosity towards their spouses, akin to what @zooposki expressed, or you may begin to encounter microaggressions within the household. I sincerely hope this isn't your situation, Mr. @oliverwrites.
I doubt she will ever reply. They prefer to believe their narrative.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Triplets A Year After Losing Her Child (Photo) / Married But Fond Of Another Man / FG Debunks Reports That Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Are False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.