Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May (27726 Views)

Petrol May Hit N800/litre On Subsidy Removal – Marketers / Petrol May Cost N340/litre After Subsidy Removal In 2022 — Kyari / Petrol May Cost More In South-east - IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by NinjaMetahuman: 8:13am On Apr 03
ivandragon:
The real enemies of Nigeria are taunting those who raised their voices to ensure the right things are done.

Apc would destroy something, then fix a tiny aspect back and start hailing themselves and calling others haters.
so what did they break to make the biggest refinery that will put an end to importation of petroleum that has been happening since thr 90s?

3 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by tollyboy5(m): 8:14am On Apr 03
Splashme:

Oga, Dangote started his refinery project in 2013 with the support of GEJ, Okonjo-Iweala and Fashola.

The commissioning was done by Buhari last year but you now sound as if the project belongs to that thief in Aso Rock.

Oga, your thief has done nothing so far

During the commissioning, dangote was hyping and praising tinubu not fashola or buhari.
These are Lagos men, otedola from Lagos east might also be instrumental to this achievement, but it's not until they spell everything out. These are Lagos men, they know the deal that went on.
Goodluck also tried God bless him, he supported with forex etc.
Lagos state did well by proving to people she has more land mass for more business and planning for a third seaport.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Makunahatata: 8:14am On Apr 03
dominique:
Didn't he say he was going to sell it below N1,000? And we still have to wait till may before he starts selling? I pity anybody that believes this dangote has the interest of Nigerians at heart.
why do u ppl love making up stuffs in your head, Show us when he said those things?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:15am On Apr 03
Propaganda NZOGBU NZOGBU APC government

Should we celebrate #1220/litre Oil producing nation with a now working refinery?

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Geovanni412(m): 8:15am On Apr 03
raskymonojendor:
Did that David Hundeyin not say to his Obidients minions aka headless mob that the refinery would never work, and they all believed him - wasted education. LMAO.

God bless caseless and femisplash wherever they are.
To the enemies of Nigeria and haters of good news, keep on hating. It is good for your health.

This is the first time I've heard anything drop in price in Nigeria

If this eventually leads to price of foodstuff reducing in the next 6 months, you have to give Tinubu his chops.

I'd rather have a 'crook' in power who makes life better for me than a 'self-righteous' man, who can do no wrong in the eyes of his followers.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by lexy2014: 8:15am On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

@bolded A category of people like making this senseless comment. Why?
Before Tinubu, the dollar was heavily subsidized and the import duty rate was way lower than the exchange rate. Today, they are the same. angry

how does your comment negate what he said?

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by hslbroker2(m): 8:17am On Apr 03
lexy2014:

are you using diesel?
I have a truck that use diesel we are buying one liter for N1, 600, so if I can now buy for N1, 200 per liter is it not a good news to me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by 10cedes: 8:23am On Apr 03
Slow and steady wins the race.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ajepako(f): 8:26am On Apr 03
Kudos to Dangote for this

At least, the appreciable reduction would do a bit for diesel -run manufacturing companies

Next is Petrol please nitori Olorun

E jooh sir

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Hammylawali: 8:27am On Apr 03
topelenege:
After all the wait? N1300.

Sponsored article.

That’s initial gra-gra, a.k.a as e dey hot…. But with time it will still drop. Dangote has to make some early profit before prices continues to stabilize properly…

3 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by JuanDeDios: 8:29am On Apr 03
hslbroker2:
This is a good news.
It's a good start. Can't wait for aviation fuel and PMS to follow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Donaldoni: 8:34am On Apr 03
lexy2014:

how does your comment negate what he said?

He was trying to make it look like the scenario pre and post Tinubu are the same.

Whereas we all know Tinubu has gone about removing destructive subsidies that have bedevilled the nation for too long since he resumed office.

So expecting prices to drop the pre-Tinubu era is either being mischievous or foolish. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by lexy2014: 8:36am On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

He was trying to make it look like the scenario pre and post Tinubu are the same.

Whereas we all know Tinubu has gone about removing destructive subsidies that have bedevilled the nation for too long since he resumed office.

So expecting prices to drop the pre-Tinubu era is either being mischievous or foolish. angry

how does that negate what he said?

did the price of diesel not increase not become higher under Tinubu?
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by dequir: 8:39am On Apr 03
Bad news for Nigeria and Tinubu haters.

May the bad news continue for them for the next 7 years, while we all rejoice in the progress of this beautiful nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Donaldoni: 8:39am On Apr 03
lexy2014:

But did it just go up for no reason

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by dequir: 8:41am On Apr 03
hslbroker2:
I have a truck that use diesel we are buying one liter for N1, 600, so if I can now buy for N1, 200 per liter is it not a good news to me.

Na good news my brother.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by stacyadams: 8:41am On Apr 03
crossbreedwears:
It's not a good news boss. I use diesel everyday for my hustle and the price is still high. We bought diesel at 600 naira before Tinubu took over. Let it go back to 500 naira
Dont mind that useless urrcchins... person wey never buy diseal before or even run tooth pick business to understand what business people are facing
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Donaldoni: 8:43am On Apr 03
NinjaMetahuman:
lol yinmu.

Are there no other local cement manufacturers apart from dangote? How many of them have given dangote a run for his money?

They are all alike and profit-oriented unlike government establishments.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Dirkcoyt: 8:49am On Apr 03
lexy2014:

are you using diesel?
im surprised anyone can call that good news !!!!

He’s obviously lying !!

Diesel that sold for 650 in July 2023! Sold for 1100 in November when there was no refinery is what anyone was calling good news at 1225-1300 when there is refinery wtf is wrong with people in this country ?

I use diesel and I was expecting Atleast 900-1000 for there to be a significant crash !

5 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by lexy2014: 8:51am On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

But did it just go up for no reason

that is not what I asked you.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Donaldoni: 8:54am On Apr 03
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

Proverbs 26:4
4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by EPIJOE: 8:58am On Apr 03
THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! THIS WHAT MONOPOLY LF BUSINESS CAN CAUSE. ANYTHING ABOVE 800/LITERS FOR DIESEL FROM DANGOTE IS NOT A CELEBRATION NEWS.

HE GETS CRUDE FROM NNPC, THOUGH MINIMAL AND ITS A SWAP DEAL TO REFINE FOR US.

WHY SELL AT THE RATE OF $1 PER LITERS FOLLOWING SAME CBN. PAYMENT TO BDC.

Until the porthacourt refinery works. I have not much to say. It's still not a good news. Diesel should be sold not less than #800/liters.

Dangote wants to quickly pay up his loans...
The same load Emefiele gave him at about less than #300/$ then.
What a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ppogba: 9:02am On Apr 03
I am yet to see the comment of the clown whose sister works at DANGOTE refinery and has confirmed that year 2026 is the take off date.

If you are the one, please reply and quote me.

4 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ubox: 9:06am On Apr 03
Dirkcoyt:
im surprised anyone can call that good news !!!!

He’s obviously lying !!

Diesel that sold for 650 in July 2023! Sold for 1100 in November when there was no refinery is what anyone was calling good news at 1225-1300 when there is refinery wtf is wrong with people in this country ?

I use diesel and I was expecting Atleast 900-1000 for there to be a significant crash !
Your currency is the problem

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ivandragon: 9:09am On Apr 03
NinjaMetahuman:
so what did they break to make the biggest refinery that will put an end to importation of petroleum that has been happening since thr 90s?

1. You act like Dangote is government owned. It is not.

2. It was PDP that actually laid the policy framework for private refineries to be possible.

3. Those in power today condemned PMS at 145 and diesel at 400, but today are celebtating PMS at almost 700 and diesel at 1,300.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by AngelicBeing: 9:11am On Apr 03
dominique:
Didn't he say he was going to sell it below N1,000? And we still have to wait till may before he starts selling? I pity anybody that believes this dangote has the interest of Nigerians at heart.
tongue
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Honestey: 9:12am On Apr 03
It's all coming together! We that suffered like church rats shall enjoy this country eventually. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by KennethOkonkwo: 9:14am On Apr 03
raskymonojendor:
Did that David Hundeyin not say to his Obidients minions aka headless mob that the refinery would never work, and they all believed him - wasted education. LMAO.

To the enemies of Nigeria and haters of good news, keep on hating. It is good for your health.
Those one na werey.

Once you dish out negative news they will not check the credibility.

NEDMEDIA,Aisha Yusufu,Symphoni and co YouTube channel is boomy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Obaranje: 9:17am On Apr 03
Kuginzi:

Dealers get one million litres each at N1,225/litre, price drops in Oyo, Lagos, Ogun

https://punchng.com/diesel-price-drops-as-dangote-sells-n1225-litre-supplies-petrol-may/?amp
make we still hear one good news for once.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by cjudy(m): 9:18am On Apr 03
raskymonojendor:

If you’re not an Olodo you supposed to know he said that November when the said Refinery they promised to kick up June 2023
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by NinjaMetahuman: 9:27am On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

They are all alike and profit-oriented unlike government establishments.
that's why government cannot ban importation of petroleum under any circumstances like they did for cement.

Dangote should compete with imported product for a fair price.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo Meet With Members Of House Of Reps(photos) / CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.