Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May (27754 Views)

Petrol May Cost N340/litre After Subsidy Removal In 2022 — Kyari / Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today / Petrol May Cost More In South-east - IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by 7lives: 2:18pm On Apr 03
Biodun556:

It will crash because oil marketers and dangote himself don't need to buy dollars from CBN again for importation, dollars will now be in excess.

As simple as abc.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Bimpe29: 2:26pm On Apr 03
It's really getting better

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by 7lives: 2:30pm On Apr 03
ppogba:
I am yet to see the comment of the clown whose sister works at DANGOTE refinery and has confirmed that year 2026 is the take off date.

If you are the one, please reply and quote me.

She's with Rufai Werey Oseni, they are discussing the next line of action.
Their mind no go ever touch ground.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by NinjaMetahuman: 2:43pm On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

The whole essence of local production will be defeated - saving forex. sad
it won't.

If dangote competes favorably with international price, people will buy local.

If imported petrol costs 500 and dangote own costs 495, which one are people going to buy?

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Donaldoni: 2:53pm On Apr 03
NinjaMetahuman:
it won't.

If dangote competes favorably with international price, people will buy local.

If imported petrol costs 500 and dangote own costs 495, which one are people going to buy?

Why are we not importing cement? rice? etc etc

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Roboto11: 2:58pm On Apr 03
OvertheTop:

it should be N500/L

I think it should be N5/L.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by OvertheTop(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03
IkeOnyia:

I thought so too but reality is that most Nigerians are dubious and wicked, if it reduces that low, they will start smuggling the product to neighbouring countries where the prices are higher thereby creating artificial scarcity in Nigeria. And artificial scarcity will then knock the prices back up to what they wanted.

100% correct
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by mrblessed(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03
Here comes the saviour
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by azikiweironsi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03
Ofunaofu:

Because it involves Tinubu, nine months ago is now living in the past.

You are now comparing it with the year 1990.

Why don't you compare it with the pre-independence era?

Honestly, you are irredeemable.

We know people like you
Quick to result to insult.
Uncouth person who doesn't see beyond their nose. Rubbish
I'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by NinjaMetahuman: 4:23pm On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

Why are we not importing cement? rice? etc etc
because it was damned.. duhhh.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Blakjewelry(m): 4:48pm On Apr 03
dominique:
Didn't he say he was going to sell it below N1,000? And we still have to wait till may before he starts selling? I pity anybody that believes this dangote has the interest of Nigerians at heart.
What many are looking at is not the immediate price but the overall effect on the economy. He is a businessman and he is buying the crude at international price so he is going to sell at the standard price, but we won't need to export our dollar to another country to import the product so it will reduce pressure on the dollar. He is also going to export which means more dollar inflow. The refinery also have a petrochemical plant which means most of the chemicals we import for local use will be available here which means more dollar availability, plus more companies which will make use of the product from the refinery and prochemical plant will spring up. The benefits are many.

What Nigeria need now is steady power and solid steel industry then we are on our way to full glory.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Reflect7: 5:36pm On Apr 03
I PLEDGE TO NIGERIA MY COUNTRY
TO BE FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST
TO SERVE NIGERIA WITH ALL MY STRENGTH
TO DEFEND HER UNITY
AND UPHOLD HER HONOUR AND GLORY
SO HELP ME GOD

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Donaldoni: 6:00pm On Apr 03
NinjaMetahuman:
because it was damned.. duhhh.

because of the need to conserve forex... smiley

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by PHAYOL81: 6:09pm On Apr 03
This ain't the best we hoped for but we pray it gets better in time.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by NinjaMetahuman: 6:19pm On Apr 03
Donaldoni:

because of the need to conserve forex... smiley
lmao.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 6:31pm On Apr 03
Jlow2:
Still bought 1700 this morning in Jos, these pple re only interested in being at Forbes list, that’s how bua promised cement at 3500 , nobody bought at that price , only to take it to 11k in 2months, only Allen Onyema has been fair to Nigerians, air lifting stranded Nigerians in troubled countries free of charge, few days ago he crashed Lagos -London flight to 1.2m from 3m and 5m from virgin Atlantic and British Airways, dangote and bua must learn from these man
When did Dangote start selling that you want to feel the effect in Jos this morning?

It will take at least one month before is diesel will get to every part of Nigeria
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 6:34pm On Apr 03
crossbreedwears:
It's not a good news boss. I use diesel everyday for my hustle and the price is still high. We bought diesel at 600 naira before Tinubu took over. Let it go back to 500 naira
so you expect it to get to #500 overnight?

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 6:36pm On Apr 03
NinjaMetahuman:
Good but they should not stop importation because of dangote.

If the price of dollars comes down more, dangote may not reduce the price of diesel and he will be one controlling how much we buy petroleum products like cement.

If you have the money, you can keep on importing diesel.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 6:42pm On Apr 03
Minjim:
I knew all these recent hikes was to make sure Dangote also sell locally at the same price he sells to foreign markets.

This increase isn't significant enough to positively affect the economy
The most important thing is that we won't have to import diesel again

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 6:48pm On Apr 03
ivandragon:

Apc would destroy something, then fix a tiny aspect back and start hailing themselves and calling others haters.
So APC destroy the refineries in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 6:50pm On Apr 03
Acidosis:
Supply diesel by May to dealers at N1,225/litre? 😭😭

He hasn't even supplied the crazily expensive diesel and people are already jubilating? Ahhhh!

Calm down and go through the article again oga
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by nedekid: 6:56pm On Apr 03
Igbek76:
Some group of haters of Tinubu/APC will know they are really stupid day by day.

They will hear more good news by force.

Oga, leave petty talk, focus on the reality on ground, which affect me and you.
Do you buy diesel? Anyway I do. I buy and average of 1000-1200 liters per week.
Now diesel has been sold for the last 3 weeks at ₦1480 at Nnpc gas stations, private 1450 to ₦1650.
Now if dangote has decided to sell at 1225-1300 per liter, how much do you then think it will be sold at the pumps? Assuming there is a ₦200 margin for transport and petrol station gains, is that not ₦1500 per liter +/- 50?
Fine it is great and commendable that dangote is providing diesel, but at what cost? 1 year ago how much was diesel, ₦120, ₦200 per liter, which one is the praise while it is still over 1300,1500 per liter?
Abi what is wrong with Nigerians for goodness sake?
$1 per liter? $4 per gallon? In Nigeria? The same price with America? We with our gdp per capita at eg $3k will buy diesel same price with America with $70k per capita? Is this not sorcery or as locally said, no be juju be dat?
Anyway, let's be positive, the prices will come down gradually.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ivandragon: 7:21pm On Apr 03
Ikaeniyan0:
So APC destroy the refineries in Nigeria?

If you don't get it, please move along.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ivandragon: 7:25pm On Apr 03
nedekid:

Oga, leave petty talk, focus on the reality on ground, which affect me and you.
Do you buy diesel? Anyway I do. I buy and average of 1000-1200 liters per week.
Now diesel has been sold for the last 3 weeks at ₦1480 at Nnpc gas stations, private 1450 to ₦1650.
Now if dangote has decided to sell at 1225-1300 per liter, how much do you then think it will be sold at the pumps? Assuming there is a ₦200 margin for transport and petrol station gains, is that not ₦1500 per liter +/- 50?
Fine it is great and commendable that dangote is providing diesel, but at what cost? 1 year ago how much was diesel, ₦120, ₦200 per liter, which one is the praise while it is still over 1300,1500 per liter?
Abi what is wrong with Nigerians for goodness sake?
$1 per liter? $4 per gallon? In Nigeria? The same price with America? We with our gdp per capita at eg $3k will buy diesel same price with America with $70k per capita? Is this not sorcery or as locally said, no be juju be dat?
Anyway, let's be positive, the prices will come down gradually.

You are dealing with people programmed to be irrational.

The new cry is that it would save FX. What is the essence of saving FX if the masses can't afford the basic necessities of life.

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Max24: 7:54pm On Apr 03
This must be propaganda. I hope obidients are still buying at old rate since they told us Dangote is all propaganda. Mumu people !
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by ValarDoharis: 8:04pm On Apr 03
How much were you buying diesel durinv Jonathan govt? About N200. How's this good news?
hslbroker2:
This is a good news.

Meanwhile check my signature for your hardwood and roofing sheets

Thanks
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:19pm On Apr 03
Dangote... selling 1250..... wait ooooo

No be from Nigeria him get the crude and he is selling above 1000... not even 200 300 for Nigerians per liter....

This country is gone!!
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by crossbreedwears(m): 11:06pm On Apr 03
Very possible. It's not dollar oga
Ikaeniyan0:
so you expect it to get to #500 overnight?
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 11:56pm On Apr 03
crossbreedwears:
Very possible. It's not dollar oga
Lol

The way some of una dey always talk eh grin
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Minjim: 9:47am On Apr 04
Ikaeniyan0:
The most important thing is that we won't have to import diesel again

The only important thing to the economy and average Nigerians is if that makes it cheaper

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May by Ikaeniyan0: 11:38am On Apr 04
Minjim:

The only important thing to the economy and average Nigerians is if that makes it cheaper
Price will fall if the naira keeps on strengthening against the dollar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project / Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva / Matthew B. Seiyefa Appointed As DSS Acting DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.