Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises (37653 Views)

Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS / TB Joshua: Youtube Deletes Emmanuel TV Channel / Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by wediehere1: 9:41am On Apr 03
Abelino:
You re a fool. Bloody Hypocrites.
e pain you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Agboogashi: 9:42am On Apr 03
NFBI:
I don't see anything wrong there
You wouldn't see anything wrong because it's Christians religion that's the issue.
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by GABRIEL6036: 9:42am On Apr 03
If dey don't know how to make Easter wishes, can't they shutdafuckup angry
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Wuless82(m): 9:43am On Apr 03
wediehere1:
Christianity is a joke itself because how can your God has mother and still gotten killed for thievery on across

THIS UR USELESS COMMENT. REVERSE WILL BE THE CASE IF IT WAS A CHRISTIAN THAT MAKE SUCH RUBISH N COMMENT AGAINST UR FAITH. PLEASE LETS BE GUIDED
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Britishcoins(m): 9:43am On Apr 03
Who remembered last year with one agege bread Easter message,... Someone remind me
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by hooklover: 9:44am On Apr 03
Christains 2 gentke if na islam by now one firs office go don dey on fire for plasphemy loot any money dey c dere.

They dey come witgbapology and go and increase looted figures for big boys to chop from loot and circke continues
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Makunahatata: 9:45am On Apr 03
forexprophet:
Just like your prostitute mother couldn't abort you but gave birth to a mistake like you. If I lie show Us your father. You bastard... take your anger somewhere.... We are not the reason for you not knowing your father..... Lol. I know you very well and your history

Jesus no send u this o
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by joshkke(m): 9:46am On Apr 03
So, my take is that CAN has caused the Gospel free publicity at government expense. Firstly, the message was in no way blasphemous. It correctly acknowledged the redeeming sacrifice of The LORD JESUS, and that it simultaneously advances the FIRS's tax drive in no way detracts from or denigrates the former.
CAN's job is not to protect the LORD JESUS. HE doesn't need us or anyone else for that. Actually the GOD we serve asks us to stand still while HE fights for us. Exodus 14:13-14. CAN's and our duty as Christians is to correct erroneous statements put into the public domain. CAN has here manifested as a political organization first. I understand part of the organization's mandate includes overseeing and ensuring the well being of Christians and Christianity in Nigeria. In this case however, irrespective of whatever the original intent was, (and the govt agency has convincingly stated those are innocent) the integrity and safety of Christians, Christianity, and our CHRIST , in my humble opinion, were not threatened by this. Happy Easter to all.
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by wediehere1: 9:47am On Apr 03
Abelino:
You re a fool. Bloody Hypocrites.
e pain am
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by mariahAngel(f): 9:49am On Apr 03
wediehere1:
Christianity is a joke itself because how can your God has mother and still gotten killed for thievery on across

Your life without Jesus Christ is what is a joke!
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 9:50am On Apr 03
BoldBrainz:
Least they saw the need for a succinct apology. Shows a measure of institutional decency and accountability.

FIRS has a history of deleting and apologizing almost every Easter.

A very clownish parastatal. 🤡
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by olowolekan(m): 9:52am On Apr 03
Christianity is peace. Whatever you like write ,no one will fight for Jesus because He's a loving saviour.

He is interested in saving you from eternal damnation. . Take it to the bank !!
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by wediehere1: 9:52am On Apr 03
forexprophet:
Just like your prostitute mother couldn't abort you but gave birth to a mistake like you. If I lie show Us your father. You bastard... take your anger somewhere.... We are not the reason for you not knowing your father..... Lol. I know you very well and your history

is your god not killed like common criminals ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Stephaniegold(f): 9:55am On Apr 03
wediehere1:
My prayer for you today is that God will forgive you and take away all ur sins....cos I can see you don't know what you are doing
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by isax(m): 9:55am On Apr 03
NFBI:
I don't see anything wrong there

you sure you can really see?
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by DirtyAfonjas: 10:02am On Apr 03
The FIRS head should be stoned for blasphemy
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Antoeni(m): 10:03am On Apr 03
What Do Expect From TAX Collectors, JESUS Christ & TAX Collectors Can Never Align, FIRS is a Very Corrupt Government Agency
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by RightChannel: 10:05am On Apr 03
wediehere1:

Are you one the atheists the foolish set of people? Because Islam believed in Mary
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Emma09(m): 10:06am On Apr 03
Christianity Still remains a religion of peace and tolerance so no biggie. After all, Jesus christ himself was killed and rejected by his own he came to save and still even prayed for them on the cross of calvary. But my stern warning is that make una dey careful about the other religion o make una no go misyarn when dem dey do their own nect week Wednesday and Thursday, else dem go burn down una office for Abuja and kill some of una staff dey see on sight.
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by OlujobaSamuel: 10:06am On Apr 03
It could actually meant Jesus paid his own tax too as an individual, but paid the debt of all on the cross
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by cyprex: 10:07am On Apr 03
I hail FIRS for taking down the post and apologizing.
However, I still wonder what CAN saw in the post that makes it wrong.
I am a Christian; I love and honour Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour yet I don't see anything wrong with the message.
I however see everything wrong with the general sense of entitlement and unnecessary grandstanding by not only CAN but every other religious organization in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by kunleiky(m): 10:08am On Apr 03
wediehere1:
Like this your parent won't know you're dragging their well-protected name in the dust. I feel for them. They don't deserve to parent a liability like you. SMH

1 Like

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by OvertheTop(m): 10:10am On Apr 03
CharleyBright:
I really can't understand why FIRS has now constituted itself as a Rascal Agency that always make insidious posts that hurt people's sensibilities, then they will apologize and delete. Then the next day, they will look for any insensitive post to throw at yet another person or group of person.
Someone should tell them that churning out insensitive posts are not ways to shore up revenues. They should be more proactive in their strategies.

I remember the Sterling bank insidious Easter advert that generated controversy.
I also remember Peak Milk insensitive advert also.
All always happen during Easter, as if it is deliberate.
CAN should give stern warning that going forward it will take legal actions against any organization that make insensitive posts against Christianity.
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by geoworldedu: 10:10am On Apr 03
wediehere1:
grin childish indeed
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Emman08: 10:10am On Apr 03
wediehere1:

Shut the f**k up. Your so called prophet taught you people to shag animals. You should not be talking

1 Share

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by MamaletASO: 10:14am On Apr 03
This is crazzzy...

How can FIRS descend this low.??

Apology is not enough..they should be charged and $3bn for damages..

Arrant nonsense..

Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by toujurs: 10:15am On Apr 03
Obviously it's Muslims handling the account. Bunch of cowards.

All these aboki dullards, has left cattle rearing to loot govt funds
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by barrydee(m): 10:15am On Apr 03
wediehere1:

You lack sense
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by enemyofprogress: 10:15am On Apr 03
It's what they do almost every year to Christians and Christianity. Something they can try with Muslims. Dem for don hear am.

I'm sure Latakia solded that stupid idea to them
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by Lordsonn: 10:15am On Apr 03
Where's CAN? This kind of post should be challenged in court.
Apology is not accepted.
Re: FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises by emperor4love(m): 10:17am On Apr 03
Christians has suffer more in this regime nd past ,from burning Deborah to mocking Jesus, to make it worst werey way get fame call there self g.o and daddy's, the will say nothing na to collect tithe money buy jet nd cars, na there members to speak up against this humiliation ,well I don't blame them I believe there is more non Christians in all this parasatals that do wat de lik nd laugh over it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don't Let Anyone Lick Your Private, It's Demonic - Rev. Bernard Achiuior / Police Seize Pastor Fatoyinbo’s Passport, Conduct Search On His House, Office / Delta Pastor Heals Lady Whose Period Stopped At Age Of 18, Sister Runs Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.