Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning (45769 Views)

Picture Of Giant Rat I Killed In My Farm / Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04
I hope you are not thinking of eating this

1 Like

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by achorladey: 4:56pm On Apr 04
mariahAngel:

So, what should we do about thirsty rodents?

Be kind enough to provide them water. They have their own part they play in our ecosystem. Human body temperature is @ 37Β°C some of these rodents find life miserable once temperature goes above 30Β°C.

I remember different ones of this size approaching a borehole to have a drink just around the hours of 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm not afraid of the presence of people sitting close to the borehole and it took a long time leave the borehole probably cooling off as well. I still remember one always drinking from the leftover water in buckets used for bathing kept outside while working in one of these remote areas.

we all know rodents can be troublesome around the house or our various homes nothing stops us from making water available to these rodents as long as we remember their importance in the, ecosystem, food chain, food web.
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by seunjungle1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04
Nairaland is immature forum
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by mariahAngel(f): 5:21pm On Apr 04
omooba969:

You're a very funny person. grin You knew you were losing the argument and had to deflect, what's his village got to do with the discourse. grin

Yeye dey smell. πŸ₯΄

Losing what yeye argument? Dude was like he'd never seen a rat before in his life.
If not in the city as he claimed, what about his village?

Na your yeye smell pass!
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by mariahAngel(f): 5:22pm On Apr 04
achorladey:

Be kind enough to provide them water. They have their own part they play in our ecosystem. Human body temperature is @ 37Β°C some of these rodents find life miserable once temperature goes above 30Β°C.

I remember different ones of this size approaching a borehole to have a drink just around the hours of 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm not afraid of the presence of people sitting close to the borehole and it took a long time leave the borehole probably cooling off as well. I still remember one always drinking from the leftover water in buckets used for bathing kept outside while working in one of these remote areas.

we all know rodents can be troublesome around the house or our various homes nothing stops us from making water available to these rodents as long as we remember their importance in the, ecosystem, food chain, food web.

Are you saying we should allow them multiply? 😟

1 Like

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by omooba969(m): 5:32pm On Apr 04
mariahAngel:

Losing what yeye argument? Dude was like he'd never seen a rat before in his life.
If not in the city as he claimed, what about his village?

Na your yeye smell pass!

@bolded - That's not true, he didn't say that. This is his comment below πŸ‘‡ to jog your memory. πŸ™‚

You are seeing a rat the size of a kangaroo and you are talking nonsense?
What sort of environment does one see rats like this. I haven't seen a rat like this in over 10 years in this very Nigeria!
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by prophetfire: 5:35pm On Apr 04
muyico:
Original bush rat! Must not waste broda?
Lassa fever infested rodents are what you are calling bush meat? House rats aren't meant for consumption. It's not healthy.
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by muyico(m): 5:38pm On Apr 04
prophetfire:
Lassa fever infested rodents are what you are calling bush meat? House rate aren't meant for consumption. It's not healthy.
murasi? Cont.?
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by mariahAngel(f): 5:41pm On Apr 04
omooba969:

@bolded - That's not true, he didn't say that. This is his comment below πŸ‘‡ to jog your memory. πŸ™‚

Exactly!

What sort of environment does one see rats like this. I haven't seen a rat like this in over 10 years in this very Nigeria

Did you read thatπŸ‘†πŸΌ @bolded in his comment?
A natural environment (where people live), that's where!

Now, stay off! πŸ™‚
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by omooba969(m): 5:42pm On Apr 04
mariahAngel:

Exactly!

Did you read thatπŸ‘†πŸΌ @bolded in his comment?
A natural environment (where people live), that's where!

Now, stay off! πŸ™‚

Blabbing...lol 😁

Mariah abeg rest, you argument has no merits. grin
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by mariahAngel(f): 5:53pm On Apr 04
omooba969:

Blabbing ...lol 😁

Mariah abeg rest, you argument has no merits. grin

You didn't know what else to type, right? Coward!
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by omooba969(m): 6:01pm On Apr 04
mariahAngel:

You didn't know what else to type, right? Coward!

Rest abeg. cool
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by bluefilm: 6:04pm On Apr 04
Na eyi be dat ooo
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Emman08: 6:15pm On Apr 04
Make una no go chop Yersinia pestis one day
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Chukwuka319(m): 6:27pm On Apr 04
That's a giant pouched rat which is widely distributed throughout Africa.
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by molas02: 6:34pm On Apr 04
That is okete... Not giant, it's got drowned and sip a lot of water makes its looks giant
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by NothingDoMe: 6:46pm On Apr 04
Bluntguy:
And the best place to post am na for food section? Are you kidding me? You no see crime section post am?
πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Dennisochampa: 6:49pm On Apr 04
Hope he's not planning to eat it??

This one fit cause more than werin hunger dey do o....
Abeg dispose it off properly....
Bury it in a deep hole to avoid air pollution as much as possible....
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Sctests: 6:53pm On Apr 04
Dirty Nigerians, always eating rubbish..
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by osazsky(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04
We4all:
House rat is not fit for consumption. You guys should stop playing with your health.
just shut up..how does that look like a rat..some of u don't know d diff btw bush meat and rat

1 Like

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by osazsky(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04
Dennisochampa:
Hope he's not planning to eat it??

This one fit cause more than werin hunger dey do o....
Abeg dispose it off properly....
Bury it in a deep hole to avoid air pollution as much as possible....
make them smoke the lvl first and thirst it ur mind go dey
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by We4all: 7:02pm On Apr 04
osazsky:
just shut up..how does that look like a rat..some of u don't know d diff btw bush meat and rat

It doesn't look like a house rat but looks like you. My bad.
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Dennisochampa: 7:43pm On Apr 04
osazsky:
make them smoke the lvl first and thirst it ur mind go dey
God forbid bad thing....
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Banbanna(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04
FYI, this wasn't some diseased rodent. It fell into the drum during the night. And besides I didn't eat it but my neighbour had already done justice to it by heating & smoking it.
Trustyourself:

Beware of Lassa Fever disease.

It's real...
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by armadeo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 04
I no fit talk.

Rat as food. Jesus save us.
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by achorladey: 11:01pm On Apr 04
mariahAngel:

Are you saying we should allow them multiply? 😟

Yes, and play your part in keeping the balance of the ecosystem.

Have you lived a territory dominated by owls. You will know that these rodents are real battlers in terms of being able to survive through the years despite having numerous predators.

See carcass every morning on the ground yet, they are still not going into extinction. grin grin grin
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by taiwotimitt: 11:13pm On Apr 04
muyico:
human being flesh

Why
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Taiwo20(m): 3:59am On Apr 05
Dispose your refuse properly. Don't attract snakes and rodents to your house. Its also bad to dispose refuse on other people's property because the property is undeveloped

Banbanna:
Such a poor creature! Maybe it was just trying to get some food, miss its steps and got drowned inside the drum at the side of the house.
Since I wasn't interested in preparing its meat for consumption, I had to call my eldest sister, whom I'm residing with as a guest, whether to throw it away or give it to one of her neighbours. She contacted the neighbour and he came for it.

Here's something, just maybe that creature's life wouldn't have ended this way if the land close by was not cleared out for farming by this very neighbour we gave this drowned giant rat to. Reason being these so-called " Rabbits" used to feed on the food, meat, fish left overs that will occasionally throw into that bushy land. And the habitat loss has also affected their primary & other food sources.
So we had to stop throwing over degradable food wastes when they started cultivating the piece of land.

Well, I'm sure it will be fit for consumption and hopes our neighbour's wife who happens to smoke fish for a living gives this Rattus a proper barbeque. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜

1 Like

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by Banbanna(m): 10:38am On Apr 05
Mister Penthouse resident thank you o for shoving it down our throats, na you sabi! FYI, my in-laws residential area is nothing like a slum. It's one of the fast developing area of the city with modern building architecture. Hence, why there's still some bushy plots of land that these rodents inhabit.
CountinBlessins:

What sort of environment does one see rats like this. I haven't seen a rat like this in over 10 years in this very Nigeria!

Infact in my estate we don't have rats only the occasional cockroach due to regular fumigation of the whole environment.

You think everyone lives in a slum /.gutter ?
Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by CountinBlessins(m): 10:40am On Apr 05
Banbanna:
MisterPenthouse resident thank you o for shoving it down our throats, na you sabi! FYI, my in-laws residential area is nothing like a slum. It's a fast developing area with modern building architecture. Hence, why there's still some bushy plots of land that these rodents habituate.

Ok

1 Like

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by achorladey: 12:07pm On Apr 06
Gone too soon as a result of drowning over the early hours of today

cc: Mariahangel

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Re: Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning by achorladey: 12:07pm On Apr 06
Gone too soon as a result of drowning over the early hours of today

cc: mariahAngel

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Shares How Much Food Her Baby Consumes / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.