Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders (5195 Views)

Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / 10 Very Annoying Statements Made By Our "Leaders" Since 2011 / Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by backbelle: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2011
"If you don't believe in what i have said,you will believe in what i have done", FASHOLA
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Acidosis(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2011
I nor dey laugh again o - OBJ
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2011
"We should not throw away our differences rather we should understand our differences and work around it" - Ahmadu Bello
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
Ahmadu walks to Zaira and said

" My people would not lack behind, here is where we would establish the northern university" - Ahmadu Bello

thus today known as ABU Kaduna. That is a leader
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
“Nigeria is what it is because its leaders are not what they should be.” – Chinua Achebe
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
“Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression. There are no ‘Nigerians’ in the same sense as there are ‘English,’ ‘Welsh,’ or ‘French.’ The word ‘Nigerian’ is merely a distinctive appellation to distinguish those who live within the boundaries of Nigeria and those who do not.” [From Path to Nigerian Freedom by Obafemi Awolowo]
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
“People go to Africa and confirm what they already have in their heads and so they fail to see what is there in front of them. This is what people have come to expect. It’s not viewed as a serious continent. It’s a place of strange, bizarre and illogical things, where people don’t do what common sense demands.” – Chinua Achebe
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
“The only thing we have learnt from experience is that we learn nothing from experience.” – Chinua Achebe

words cool
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2011
"Violence never settles anything right: apart from injuring your own soul, it injures the best cause. It lingers on long after the object of hate has disappeared from the scene to plague the lives of those who have employed it against their foes" - Awolowo

Words cool and very correct sir. I wish people can learn from this man
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Jarus(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
"We can pardon Pa Adebanjo because he has written in the language of his generation, but I cannot pardon anybody of my generation that speaks in that language. Our grandfathers were northerners and Southerners, we should be Nigerians" Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

"It is not a crime to make loss but it is a crime to lie about it" SLS
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Jarus(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2011
"If you perform well you get a handshake, if you perform badly you get a handcuff" Gen Buhari to PTF contractors.
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2011
"I am more dangerous dead" - Ken Saro Wiwa
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
I accuse Shell and Chevron of practising racism against the Ogoni people because they do in Ogoni what they do not do in other parts of the world where they prospect for oil. I accuse the oil companies of encouraging genocide against the Ogoni people, The profits from oil come to Britain because it is their technology that is keeping Nigerian oil going. So they have a moral responsibility to intervene, My mission has been to inform the West of the truth of what is happening in Nigeria, which has been hidden from them. I believe if people knew they’d do something about it and stop this robbery and murder that is going on in broad daylight.

— Ken Saro-Wiwa
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2011
How I wish Awo were still alive! He would have understood. He knew the country well! - Ken Saro Wiwa
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2011
That this antagonism can be abolished only by the emancipation of the "talakawa" from the domination of these conduits, by the reform of the present autocratic political Institutions into Democratic Institutions and placing their democratic control in the hands of the "Talakawa" for whom alone they exist
- Aminu Kano

Question: What differentiates the emasculated Nigerian youth and the Talakawas referenced above in the year 2011? angry  Nothing.
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by asha80(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
eGuerrilla:

- Aminu Kano

Question: What differentiates the emasculated Nigerian youth and the Talakawas referenced above in the year 2011? angry  Nothing.

not too sure how aminu kano wanted to do that since that political structure in the north had been there hundreds of years before he was born?

alj_harem:

How I wish Awo were still alive! He would have understood. He knew the country well! - Ken Saro Wiwa

when did he say that?
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by unipol(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2011
"when the price togetherness becomes marginalisation, i chose seperation"  by emeka ojukwu.
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2011
asha 80:

when did he say that?

The letter he wrote just before he was taken from ogoniland present day rivers state

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/articles/Awo%20and%20the%20Creation%20of%20States.htm

called the blank of disaster 1991, in his home
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2011
asha 80:

not too sure how aminu kano wanted to do that since that political structure in the north had been there hundreds of years before he was born?

You are right.
Those words conveyed an aspiration and not a great deal more.

Aminu Kano did not introduce or even advocate a radical burn-the-bridges brand of politics.  But he did not have much use for follow-the-recipe style of politics either.  Aminu Kano’s singularity was driven by one thing and one thing only: his love for justice.  As he travelled from Bauchi to Maru and from Lagos to UN offices in New York, his quest was to find justice, fight injustice and confront those on whose back discrimination and wickedness rode.
 -- http://saharareporters.com/article/aminu-kano-once-upon-radical
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
Corruption, the greatest single bane of our society today.
Olusegun Obasanjo
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
A man who makes trouble for others is also making trouble for himself.
Chinua Achebe
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
The damage done in one year can sometimes take ten or twenty years to repair.
Chinua Achebe
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2011
They have not always elected the best leaders, particularly after a long period in which they have not used this facility of free election. You tend to lose the habit.
Chinua Achebe

When old people speak it is not because of the sweetness of words in our mouths; it is because we see something which you do not see.
Chinua Achebe
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2011
And gradually they're beginning to recognize the fact that there's nothing more secure than a democratic, accountable, and participatory form of government. But it's sunk in only theoretically, it has not yet sunk in completely in practical terms.
Wole Soyinka

And I believe that the best learning process of any kind of craft is just to look at the work of others.
Wole Soyinka

Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth.
Wole Soyinka
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by aljharem3: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism.
Wole Soyinka

Words,
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by lagcity(m): 4:15am On Nov 17, 2011
I have fallen down before; but I am not on the ground now. If I fall down again I will still get up.--M.K.O Abiola
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by dempeople(m): 5:33am On Nov 17, 2011
unipol:

"when the price of togetherness becomes marginalisation, i chose seperation"  by emeka ojukwu.

A foresighted man who as a young man, saw what many elders couldn't see in the heydays of the conflict.

alj_harem:

"I am more dangerous dead" - Ken Saro Wiwa

Sorry Ken, you were forgotten in '95.

alj_harem:

"We should not throw away our differences rather we should understand our differences and work around it" - Ahmadu Bello

The most rational and sensible quote he ever made.

Jarus:

"If you perform well you get a handshake, if you perform badly you get a handcuff" Gen Buhari to PTF contractors.

Discipline at its best.

alj_harem:

Corruption, the greatest single bane of our society today.
Olusegun Obasanjo

. . . . . . . . Of which he's a principle architect of.

alj_harem:

Chinua Achebe

Even a day's damage.

alj_harem:

And gradually they're beginning to recognize the fact that there's nothing more secure than a democratic, accountable, and participatory form of government. But it's sunk in only theoretically, it has not yet sunk in completely in practical terms.
Wole Soyinka

And I believe that the best learning process of any kind of craft is just to look at the work of others.
Wole Soyinka

Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth.
Wole Soyinka

Might never sink in. Maybe a new customized democratic model might do the trick instead of being excellent copy cats of western models.  undecided
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by PointB: 6:11am On Nov 17, 2011
"The process of building a Nigeria of which Prof. Achebe will be proud has begun and that process is irreversible.” - Nigerian Ambassador to the US, Prof. Ade Adefuye.
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by llbhuds: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2011
''may you be greater than me'' chief bola ige
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by freepeople: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Chinua Achebe

Sometimes take generations to repair. . .
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 17, 2011
Violence never settles anything right apart from injuring your own soul.it injures the best cause.it lingers on longer after the object of hate has disappeared from the scene to plague the lives of those who have employed it against their foes --- Obafemi Awolowo advicing the ibos to reconsider the use of violent in realising biafra.
Re: Most Encouraging Statements Made By Our Leaders by Ymodulus: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Chinua Achebe
even in an hour can take generations

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Set To Enforce Use Of Made-in-nigeria IT Products / Alhaji Ndagi Mahmud (Wazirin-Agaie) Is Dead (Ex-Minister Of Water Resources) / Merit And Demerit Of United Nations!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.