Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation (34071 Views)

Pete Edochie, Others In Trouble As Islamic Group Petitions IGP Over Movie Portra / Churchill Sues Tonto Dikeh For N500million For Defamation Against Father, Others / Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey And His Wife All Smiles In Adorable Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by jayce232: 8:36pm On Apr 03
dealslip:

Until you are framed as an armed robber or ritualist, you will know that not everything should be laughed over.
I think u people are getting this wrong
When has resemblance become same as framing someone? People are only saying there is resemblance, I haven't seen anyone expressly saying he Fathered the baby? They are two different things. Someone can say my brother's baby look like me, it is different from I fathered the baby. You people are mixing this up. False accusation is different from this case
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Bbgbs23: 8:37pm On Apr 03
Zonefree:
Clear conscience fears no accusation.

People like shouldn't have access to the internet. MUs
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Proserpina: 8:38pm On Apr 03

2 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by tabaralph: 8:38pm On Apr 03
blamingthedevil:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/03/gospel-singer-nathaniel-bassey-petitions-igp-over-defamation/
I watched the guys on video and they placed the picture of Bassey and chinwe baby side by side Omo E shock me o, the semblance is too much with both the face and shape of the head, am just saying what I saw oo…
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Angelfrost(m): 8:39pm On Apr 03
blowjohn:

Yes they Must.

But was he threatened?
If he is married ( I don't know actually), has it caused his family pains?
Is his wife, ( if married) feeling some how?

Me I don't see how I will go to Court if some one says, for example that I have a Child outside o.

If I know say I no Get, wetin concern me with lawyer and Court.

Thing is, this is going to even spark more rumours.

Cast Ur Mind Back at People who have been accused of related issues and who go to Court.

They always end up bring more blogger into the Traffic.

Thereby raising more Suspicions

You spent so much time still saying nothing much...!

When you get to Nathaniel Bassey's level in life (if you are fortunate to), then you will understand the true meaning and far-reaching impact of the following:

1. Cyberbullying
2. Libel
3. Character Defamation/Assassination

Then, you might also become enlightened by a legal professional that these things are serious crimes all over the world, and are punishable with jail time and heavy compensation to the victims.

What those people did, as trivial as it seems to many of you, can irreparably damage that man's marriage, career, ministry, and good standing in society.

Nothing personal, but it's time to start arresting and prosecuting online talkatives, trolls, and bullies... People need to learn that having a cellphone and internet doesn't make anyone above the law, or shouldn't make anyone bereft of common sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by ubee(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03
You are dull.
forerunner022:
If I were Nathaniel Bassey and I know from the depth of my heart my hands are clean over the matter, I will laugh over the matter and advice the fellow to go for a DNA test.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Daeaad: 8:43pm On Apr 03
blamingthedevil:

Stale, next comment
it not stale
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Osanoghodua1: 8:44pm On Apr 03
Teach them a bitter lesson. Let these generation of vipers be taught a lesson.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Crowntop94: 8:44pm On Apr 03
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Angelfrost(m): 8:48pm On Apr 03
jayce232:

Exactly
I have seen a lot of persons saying wizkid first son look like rema, should wizkid now start writing petition because of such baseless comments? All the videos circulating online only says resemblance, I haven't come across any saying he fathered the baby. I think the petition thing is uncalled for

Please, don't be dull!

Many people said the baby looks like Bassey, and that is laughably true.

If he wanted to take offense and go after those saying that, the police would need to arrest and prosecute thousands of social media users.

These particular imbeciles being petitioned went beyond that... They actually said that Bassey is the father of the child! They ACCUSED (emphasis) Mercy Chinwo and Nathaniel Bassey of having a sexual affair that produced that innocent child.

Do you understand how much trauma and damage that statement can cause??!

All of you online trolls will eventually talk wetin go put una for wahala...!

Shebi Erisco Tin Tomato Paste still hook that bimbo for throat?!! Her eyes will eventually see her ears.

Shiorrr!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Honestfrend: 8:48pm On Apr 03
Zonefree:

Thats what most people say until dey tarnish their image..
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by UKEMY(m): 8:48pm On Apr 03
ZombieTAMER:

No mind him

money and brand conscious gospel artist
What if they say that you are a Gay ,will you take it likely?
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:50pm On Apr 03
thorpido:
They need to be taught lessons.
serious lesson, some people rush go tiktok go dey misyarn na so they go misyarn themselves go kirikiri 😪

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Kemadealadire(f): 8:51pm On Apr 03
Good one, very typical of most Nigerians. When people were accusing him wrongly, nobody cautioned them when he took action, they are unnecessarily advising him to overlook.

He shouldn't, let them learn the hard way, don't say things you have no proof of, not everyone will overlook, you don't tell people who were busy minding the business that pays them how to react after aggressing them.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Laurene: 8:52pm On Apr 03
maxiuc:
A case that he will loose woefully

I said haaaaa this boy really looked like you so what's crime in that
He's using intimidation tactics... That's what the rich do in 3rd world countries.

He's alerting the police to go after them as a means to get them to retract their statement instead following the civil-legal means which is suing for defamation.

He knows in a defamation trial, the case would be blown open and garner attention which may lead to the judge ordering a DNA test.

Notice the pattern... None of them sue the poor/lower class they scare them.
That's what we see in authoritarianism.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Felaincarnated: 8:52pm On Apr 03
Nigerians are mad. Requesting for a DNA for anoda person pikin while dey aren't sure of their fathers
Ozommadu:

Some nigerians are not mentally okay

Of all the things(tinupoo and his looting ministers) bedeviling this country, they're interested in another person's baby

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Arielle: 8:53pm On Apr 03
Okwyjesus:

Beautiful move. Enough of taking Christians for granted. That's why l like PAPA DAVID IBIYOME.
Please take several seats! What do you mean "taking christians for granted"? Isn't it other christians that are bringing the matter all over social media and disturbing people's peace? Or who else would know who Mercy Chinwo and Nathaniel Bassey are? Let alone know what he looks like for comparison? I certainly don't. So stop making yourselves feel important. No one else cares except you so-called "christians".

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Laurene: 8:54pm On Apr 03
folake4u:

And who told you he will lose in court?

How will you feel if you birth a child and someone jokingly says the child looks like your best friend.

Put yourself in his shoes and answer truthfully.
He'll lose if he can't prove they're lying.
Stop using scare tactics.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by shortgun(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03
Maysdevices:
When a nobody talks
When a numkskull replies
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Laurene: 8:56pm On Apr 03
Angelfrost:
Good move... Lessons must be taught.

This report gladdens my heart.

You online riff-raffs need to be disciplined by the law... You imbeciles have abused this "freedom of speech" thing for too long.
He's technically threatening them through the law enforcement to get them to withdraw the statement.
Why is he not suing for defamation instead?
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Felaincarnated: 8:57pm On Apr 03
An average Nigerian is a mad person. Next is to request for a DNA.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by ZombieTAMER: 8:58pm On Apr 03
UKEMY:

What if they say that you are a Gay ,will you take it likely?
why not..

I'm not gay.. i know that

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Mercury12(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03
One day the son will follow his true father 😂
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by bishop47: 8:59pm On Apr 03
Ok
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Angelfrost(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03
Laurene:
He's technically threatening them through the law enforcement to get them to withdraw the statement.
Why is he not suing for defamation instead?

He is probably pitying them... He has a soft heart.

What they did are actually constitutional crimes.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by chieni(f): 9:02pm On Apr 03
forerunner022:
If I were Nathaniel Bassey and I know from the depth of my heart my hands are clean over the matter, I will laugh over the matter and advice the fellow to go for a DNA test.
Easier said than done. You will do worst.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by shortgun(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03
Angelfrost:

Please, when it happens to you, laugh it off as small play.

That's if you will ever be opportune to attain such heights in life.

It's such talk that has turned the internet and social media into places for breeding monsters.

Go and research the number of people who committed suicide over such.
Attain what height?
Money?
Nathaniel is a gospel singer, he's expected to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ which has it's foundation in forgiveness and prayers to one's adversaries.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by folake4u(f): 9:08pm On Apr 03
Laurene:
He'll lose if he can't prove they're lying.
Stop using scare tactics.

Lol. I'm not using scare tactics.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Emman08: 9:08pm On Apr 03
Making stupid jokes at people's expense
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by Dee60: 9:12pm On Apr 03
Zonefree:

If he keeps quiet on this very grave and grievous allegation, many people will think the allegation is true. This gospel minister is popular all over the world and some miscreants just want to fabricate evil allegations against him to tarnish his image. Not fair at all.
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by zedegit: 9:13pm On Apr 03
shortgun:
Just small play Nathaniel don rush go courtgrin grin
Nathaniel is a gospel singer, he's expected to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ which has it's foundation in forgiveness and prayers to one's adversaries

Small play kpai you. I wish dem go arrest those dimwits
Re: Gospel Singer Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Defamation by delpee(f): 9:20pm On Apr 03
I think more people should take legal action against all those fake news producers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Heavily Drunk’ Tonto Dikeh Pulled Gun On Ex-Husband's Guard - Ghanaian Police / Ibinabo Fiberesima Shows Appreciation To God After Bail From Jail(pic) / Yul Edochie, His Wife, Daughter And Son In Cute Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.