Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike (9529 Views)

70 CSOs Reject Lauretta Onochie’s Appointment As INEC Commissioner / DisCos Reject Electricity Worth N1.5 Billion / How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by Exceed15: 8:57am On Apr 04
This is beyond NLC. It's about Nigerians. The people must stand up against this hardship Tinubu government is imposing on Nigerians.
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by hodestruth: 9:26am On Apr 04
Politicians knew what they are doing and its working for them, they simply threw tribal sentiment among the people and while we're battling ourselves, they simply introduce a killing policy, without unity, we can't fight, APC governments are taking advantage of this, more especially this present administration, If NLC takes action, it is deemed tribal, no more Civil Societies and Human Rights talking except Oga Femi Falana(our Senior Advocate Of The Masses) because they are 80% based in the West, until the masses are in unity and fight these politicians we can't achieve anything, national assembly, judiciary even armed forces are in this administration's pocket, who will then bell the cat, do l hear you say God, please keep God out of this
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:44am On Apr 04
Available9:
But yet minimum wage is still as short as tunde ednut...

Looool, Chai your mouth eh
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by LordBillionz: 9:53am On Apr 04
DearDealz:
Manufacturing industries Will transfer the increased cost to we the final consumers

It happened with fuel ...

Nigerians...brace up!!!!
All these in one year
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by LordBillionz: 9:54am On Apr 04
meum:
BAT will tell you guys “… I wish there was a way; but there’s not!”

When they start comparing it with US & Uk please ask them if 20 hours is the same thing as 24 hours. Even their proposed 20 hours isn’t guaranteed because of a lot of factors like “National grid collapse”, heavy downpours & thunderstorms, need to ‘dry’ the wires in the sun after a heavy downpour etc.

So that 20 hours might just work a few weeks to justify the N225 but trust me if those on the so called band A manage to see 12 hours after the first few weeks, then they should share testimonies in their respective churches
They won't compare minimum wages.
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by Magnetic010: 10:11am On Apr 04
helinues:
Empty kicking

We are not ready for stable electricity in Nigeria
please check how much 1kwh cost in some states in USA that have steady electricity with minimum wage of $12 PER HOUR...then compare that to what the government is proposing for a maximum 20hour daily supply, constant grid collapse and minimum wage of less than $50 dollars monthly...Now sincerely tell me if that makes ant sense to you.
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by swagifted(m): 10:14am On Apr 04
Yankee101:
Even in Texas KWh is just 175 naira or 14cents for a state with welfare programs for the poor and 24hrs electricity
abeg check hawaii
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by Charly68: 10:38am On Apr 04
Govt is yet to increase wages of her staff yet could rush to approve energy cost increase...something is wrong with this Govt. Let's call them to order.

1 Like

Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by surgical: 10:43am On Apr 04
DearDealz:
Tinubu doesn't CARE

Yaradua will never approve sch policy , thats why ALL Nigerians LOVED him
Even clueless buhari will not act dumb like this,only God knows what has befallen Tinubu to make him this callous and insensitive, after all this pain by the people, he will still not achieve anything at the end of his tenure, he would just have wasted everybody's time
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by meum: 10:50am On Apr 04
erniok:

You are wrong. I know 9f someone who lives in Ogudu GRA that in under band A. They enjoy a minimum of 20 hours power supply and sometimes a week of 24 hours.

NERC knows those in band A should be able to afford it and mind you, some areas were even downgraded to band B to allow efficient service.
You are not completely right. I know of someone who lives in lekki phase 1 that is under band A. Their tariff got increased because of this same 20hours power supply. They enjoyed the 20 hours power supply for a few months. Sometimes more than 20 hours. The number of hours later reduced to about 10 hours daily. However, the amount they paid per kW remained the same. With the announcement yesterday power supply to them has started improving again. This increase thing na 419.
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by erniok(m): 10:56am On Apr 04
meum:

You are not completely right. I know of someone who lives in lekki phase 1 that is under band A. Their tariff got increased because of this same 20hours power supply. They enjoyed the 20 hours power supply for a few months. Sometimes more than 20 hours. The number of hours later reduced to about 10 hours daily. However, the amount they paid per kW remained the same. With the announcement yesterday power supply to them has started improving again. This increase thing na 419.

Some were downgraded to band B so that they DOSCO can really take care of those in band A. They need to find out their current status
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by meum: 11:33am On Apr 04
erniok:

Some were downgraded to band B so that they DOSCO can really take care of those in band A. They need to find out their current status
How come the power supply has suddenly improved to band A status (20 hours a day) with the announcement of tariff increase? Let me guess, they are back to band A with the new tariff in place.
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by erniok(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04
meum:

How come the power supply has suddenly improved to band A status (20 hours a day) with the announcement of tariff increase? Let me guess, they are back to band A with the new tariff in place.
I don't hold brief for NERC or EKO DISCO and so can't really say. My concern is that other bands do not witness hike in rates as someone complained on FP.
Re: NLC, CSOs Reject Electricity Tariff Hike by popcykaylah(m): 4:10pm On Apr 04
iamtoofan:

Thats simply means you don't have consuming appliances, maybe na tv and fan just dey ur studio apartment cheesy

I live in a 2bed and o have got appliances.. switch to British gas . Ask for direct debit and then your Balance after the direct debit won't be much.. thank Me later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Bomb Experts Arrive - FBI Agents swarm Abuja - OBAMA Says ' We will assist' / APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP / Senators Source Loans To Prosecute Election Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.