Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" (15987 Views)

Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Incredible128: 11:41am On Apr 04
Abeg, how many band A customers enjoy 20 hours of power supply as they claimed?
SmartPolician:

Those bands exist. Some parts of town enjoy power supply more than others. Places with a high concentration of industries in a state are more likely to enjoy power more than middle-class residential areas. Highbrow residential areas are more likely to enjoy power more than slums.

However, the problem of our discos is that they will implement this new policy the Nigerian way, meaning that everyone is automatically in Band A grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Incredible128: 11:43am On Apr 04
The thing is, the customers don't get value for their money; as the O.P sated, they don't get up to the 20hrs of power supply that classifies them as band A as stated by AEDC but they still pay the full price for being on band A; if this is not pure daylight robbery, I don't know what is
Elvis2kay:
Nigerians think to generate eletric power na joke.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Tetraozonaitera: 11:44am On Apr 04
Wait and see how people will start using power free. Sebi dem dey pay before na.
Now it is bypassing and Nobody can do Jack.

For the North who dey pay for light.
Even at every Hausa settlements in the West. SAABO as they call it. Hausas no dey pay shishi. Cut their light and be for you reach the main road it is connected again. NEPA guys dey fear to make trouble with dem because of Dagger and human slaughtering.

Make government dey play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by mbos: 11:45am On Apr 04
na today u realize am

they are out to enslave you...and suck up all you may be able to save.......

that is called satanic governance . like of pharaoh and Herod
akezn:
This government is after our lives.

I know that this Band A stuff is just to calm people down. At the end of the day, the tariff increase will touch everybody.

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by spartachico(m): 11:49am On Apr 04
Omo the part two go madt gang
cjudy:

The movie Dey interesting die
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by cjudy(m): 11:59am On Apr 04
spartachico:
Omo the part two go madt gang

Hahahaaha
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by donproject2(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04
Angelfrost:

Yep... You don't seem to know these criminals in power.

Instead of them to announce general electricity tariff increments, they are using the backdoor to do it while on paper claiming otherwise.

Shebi I kuku know their tactics...

I love Nigeria though, but you have to cater for everything you need to be comfortable...
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by stagger: 12:03pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:
I'm very sad this morning. I bought 10k worth of electricity units, and got only 41 units. I bought 5k worth last week Friday, and got 68units!!! I told a friend, and she decided to do 1k. Well... She got 4.1😭😭😭. We didn't even know we are on the BAND A! We barely get 12-15 hours of power daily. Some days, we don't even get 10 Hours! Ahhhh!!! AEDC, I don't want to be in Band A anymore 😭😭😭, take me to Band F! BAND Y seems like a good idea right now.

5k worth finishes with in a week or so in my house. I'm just an average random fellow on the street, trying to make ends meet.

I have to admit, being a good citizen doesn't pay anymore ooo... Ahhh... AEDC... 41 units for 10k? Are you trying to send me back to the village? Do you know how many jobs I have to do to raise that 10k? Is there something we should do that we are not doing? Tell us ooo, AEDC tell us what to do; because I'm not ready to start paying an upward of 70k for power in a month. I'm sorry, but you know what I'm planning right? No vex

The new review allows you to report to NERC on the customer self-reporting portal asking for reclassification if you are not getting up to 20 hours a day of power.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by slowice(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04
That's the problem, everyone will be criminally grouped as band A without knowing it
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 12:08pm On Apr 04
stagger:

The new review allows you to report to NERC on the customer self-reporting portal asking for reclassification if you are not getting up to 20 hours a day of power.

Wow... And what will they do? Downgrade me to band B? Or give reasons why I have to be on Band A?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by kokoA(m): 12:09pm On Apr 04
Me I know say na band Z I dey so e no concern me, no be when I see light meter ho read? undecided
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by ogbe88(m): 12:11pm On Apr 04
Mrniceguy007:
Awon, Ghana and other African country things is cheaper than Nigeria, afar na? I stayed in Ghana for close to 6years and the most we spent on light was 450cedis, no cap!!!
Places like Ga West municipal, Ghana, with estimated bill and 24 hours light pays 200-250cedis for light!
Before Tinubu administration go end, Nigeria will be the most expensive country to live in in the whole of Africa just watch!
Ghana minimum is 1400cedis, that close to 120k in naira!!!
Liar, tilupoo supporter.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by 8ightball: 12:13pm On Apr 04
I used to get 3 hours of light every 7 days, until I went full offgrid.

Those people wanted to wreck me.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Mummyfour(f): 12:13pm On Apr 04
donproject2:
Please o, we that only have like 6 hours of electricity per 2 weeks, what band are we??
BAND W

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by deanoffaculty: 12:17pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:
I'm very sad this morning. I bought 10k worth of electricity units, and got only 41 units. I bought 5k worth last week Friday, and got 68units!!! I told a friend, and she decided to do 1k. Well... She got 4.1😭😭😭. We didn't even know we are on the BAND A! We barely get 12-15 hours of power daily. Some days, we don't even get 10 Hours! Ahhhh!!! AEDC, I don't want to be in Band A anymore 😭😭😭, take me to Band F! BAND Y seems like a good idea right now.

5k worth finishes with in a week or so in my house. I'm just an average random fellow on the street, trying to make ends meet.

I have to admit, being a good citizen doesn't pay anymore ooo... Ahhh... AEDC... 41 units for 10k? Are you trying to send me back to the village? Do you know how many jobs I have to do to raise that 10k? Is there something we should do that we are not doing? Tell us ooo, AEDC tell us what to do; because I'm not ready to start paying an upward of 70k for power in a month. I'm sorry, but you know what I'm planning right? No vex
Nigeria na PlayStation.
Those "big guns" making tough and wicked decisions on Nigerians and milking their hustles.........THUNDER ⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑!!!!
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by treatise: 12:17pm On Apr 04
SalamRushdie:
That people really believe there is Band A and B is amazing ...when will y'all ever open your eyes
The bands thing was just a soothing balm. 😭

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by SalamRushdie: 12:18pm On Apr 04
treatise:

The bands thing was just a soothing balm. 😭

Exactly
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Immatex(m): 12:19pm On Apr 04
Nigerians want 24 hours power but aren't ready to pay for it.

For them, 24 hours power supply should be free.

Reason why they hate a working system
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Kingzmate(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04
PARKING TO VILLAGE LOADING grin

STEADY LIGHT NO BE POOR MAN MATE FOR NIAJA wink

BUT U CAN PARK TO MY SIDE, WE ARE USING MAMI WATER ENERGY cool
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by flokii: 12:23pm On Apr 04
It's due to increase in gas price.. cost of generating power has gone up, so the consumers have to bear the burnt.

This won't be funny for micro, small and medium enterprises in the country, PBAT should consider interventions in the power sector so that the economy won't collapse. Instead of subsidizing Hajj pilgrimage and whatnot, let them channel the money to power.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Dogalmighty17: 12:25pm On Apr 04
donproject2:
Please o, we that only have like 6 hours of electricity per 2 weeks, what band are we??

I think we are in the Z band. That's if at all our own reach band. Maybe na prayer band we dey.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by elasticlala: 12:25pm On Apr 04
Exceed15:
Tinubu is the worst president in the history of Nigeria.

What I didn’t understand is how he jumps from one problem to the other. All his thoughts for making money is milking the already struggling citizens. He doesn’t think outside raising tariffs and vat et al

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by unite4real: 12:26pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:

which area is this?
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Exceed15: 12:27pm On Apr 04
elasticlala:

What I didn’t understand is how he jumps from one problem to the other. All his thoughts for making money is milking the already struggling citizens. He doesn’t think outside raising tariffs and vat et al

Tinubu used all his life and resources planning for 1day election not governance. He got it and became the worst.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by unite4real: 12:30pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:

What do you mean? 10k units was supposed to be 136 at least! I got only 41. That's over 300% increment

if i load 10K i will get 180 units
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Father4all: 12:39pm On Apr 04
This is what they were planning when they brought that useless code claiming it was for upgrade
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Willie2015: 12:42pm On Apr 04
[quote author=iHart post=129261967]Na wa oh, I am seriously considering solar[/quote

If you get money..
Just move to solar....

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 12:52pm On Apr 04
unite4real:

if i load 10K i will get 180 units

You'll get less than 60 with this new tariff. Recharge and show me.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by unite4real: 1:00pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:

i did 1k this morning an got 18 units just to test

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Blaze14k: 1:00pm On Apr 04
akezn:
This government is after our lives.

I know that this Band A stuff is just to calm people down. At the end of the day, the tariff increase will touch everybody.

Of course it's for everyone.. what pain me the most is how people allow tribalism to blind them. They will still vote based on religious and ethnic sentiment
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by unite4real: 1:02pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:

this tariff is not for every customer. It's 15% of the 12M customers that are affected. i am not affected for now, maybe in future.

I also agree with you that this band thing is a scam

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by NoToPile: 1:04pm On Apr 04
Christlike01:

Lol! Everybody is now on Band A,don't you get it ?!

I just crosschecked loaded 1k for testing still got 15.02units. Still 65naira. Eko electric.

But then there are places that enjoy at least 20hours in this Lagos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Must Restructure Before 2019 – Falae / 59 Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Benue For mass Burial on Thursday / PDP Senate Caucus To APC: Leave Saraki Out Of Your Jostle For Senate Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.