Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus (35949 Views)

Uyo Yahoo School Proprietor Bags 10 Years Jail Term For Fraud / Court Sentences TikTok User To Three Years Jail For Defaming Nollywood Actress / Blogger Gbenga Dan-Asabe Arraigned In Court For Defaming Guru Maharaj Ji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Originalsly: 12:27am On Apr 05
Is the case about cyber stalking? ... or defamation? I don't agree with the judgement ... what message does that send? N200K to slander someone and N150K fine.... who is the winner?... who is the loser? ... how can this serve as a deterrent? I expected her to be fined and serve time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by johnog4sure: 12:30am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
Good!

Social media regulation is necessary. Only a confused person will applaud the court judgement but kick against social media regulation.

What the court did here is exactly what social media regulation is all about. Fake news is bad. Misleading captions for the sake of sensation is bad. Publishing unverified contents is bad.

Those silly social media users thrive on misleading contents because most of their followers lack common sense. People will view a content full of loopholes and accept the content without asking necessary questions.

Meanwhile, what did the TikTok user do against Eniola?
I need a lawyer to work with me, the once I hate most are YouTubers who will hire actors, then come up with a sensational headline like '70 yr old man sleeping with 15 year old girl in a hotel' if you aren't observant you'll think it actually happened, they don't understand that things like that desecrate the land and pervert our values.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Thoughty2(m): 12:38am On Apr 05
Dialpad:
Absolutely stupid for pleading guilty... in all you do, Never pleading guilty.

She can never get visas to most countries

grin it's like you've never been to Nigerian Court before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:06am On Apr 05
Owon:
grin

Lol
See intimidations everywhere cheesy
If you like no learn, you go chop watery beans tire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Jeje247: 1:21am On Apr 05
Goodnewsforlife:
I wish this could b done to all those obi rodents who thrives on propaganda n fake news

Imagine one of them saying tinubu called him on phone n begged him to stop exposing him n the most hilarious part of the whole thing is that his fellow fools believed him
suffering no dey tire you?
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Ilekokonit: 1:35am On Apr 05
I actually believe her accusations that Eniola Badmus is a p.imp to the high and mighty.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Ilekokonit: 1:37am On Apr 05
busomma:
How I wish na so these judges de quick convict & sentence these politicians that hv wrecked economic, political & social havoc in this country. Na poor people body una de get power. Nonsense.

No mind the senseless judges.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by justking(m): 1:38am On Apr 05
Are you kidding me.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by DeepSight(m): 2:26am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
Good!

Social media regulation is necessary. Only a confused person will applaud the court judgement but kick against social media regulation.

What the court did here is exactly what social media regulation is all about. Fake news is bad. Misleading captions for the sake of sensation is bad. Publishing unverified contents is bad.

Those silly social media users thrive on misleading contents because most of their followers lack common sense. People will view a content full of loopholes and accept the content without asking necessary questions.

Just look at that last line. It says so much about you. You have congratulated the court and endorsed its action. You then wind up admitting you have no idea what the case was about.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by FromZeroToHero(m): 2:33am On Apr 05
Dialpad:

Wait until it happens to you so that you will plead not guilty. A case that has a glaring evidence with several videos.

Please make a video tomorrow on Facebook or Tiktok and acuse Fashola of killing Funsho Williams and then plead not guilty in court.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by DenreleDave(m): 3:36am On Apr 05
Good one
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by broadman20: 3:56am On Apr 05
Goodnewsforlife:
I wish this could b done to all those obi rodents who thrives on propaganda n fake news

Imagine one of them saying tinubu called him on phone n begged him to stop exposing him n the most hilarious part of the whole thing is that his fellow fools believed him

Onye Pharisees and Sadducees!

What can be done to the man who stole Donald Duke's pictures and used it to deceive people on the internet as his childhood pictures?

Oya answer naa?
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by pacespot(m): 4:58am On Apr 05
Goodnewsforlife:

Only when you are done licking Tinubu's leaking ass. Useless slavish bastard undecided
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ThatFairGuy1: 5:02am On Apr 05
Then should would have bagged a longer jail term without Option of fine.

Dialpad:

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by OYEDIPE(m): 5:32am On Apr 05
Dialpad:

See people wey deceive her

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Tzar(m): 5:48am On Apr 05
You become an ex convict just because of 200k?!

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Oracle411: 5:57am On Apr 05
SERAP is stupi!d. They are scared of section 24 cos they know they dwell on falsehood and cyberbullying
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ObalendeCMS: 6:26am On Apr 05
Hell hath no fury than eniola badmus, sorry a woman that is scorned!
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 6:28am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
Good!

I believe this was just after Eniola Bhadmus declared her support for President Tinubu's candidacy before the elections.

The Tiktoker then made the false allegation against her about supplying girls to politicians.

It was standard behaviour for Obidients then, they are thankfully a bit better now, question their sainthood status for Peter Obi or declare your support for President Tinubu and collect abuses and insults shege pro max.

On Nairaland, there was no name under the sun Eniola Bhadmus wasn't called by Obidients, not to mention the body shaming.

Hopefully hand go touch more Obidients on dis platform, wey no gree oda pipo support who dem want, one day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Kbanka: 6:29am On Apr 05
So she collected 200k but is fined 150k. That’s 25% profit right there quand in this economy, I think she won!!
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 6:31am On Apr 05
aswani:

I believe this was just after Eniola Bhadmus declared her support for President Tinubu's candidacy before the elections.

The Tiktoker then made the false allegation against her about supplying girls to politicians.

It was standard behaviour for Obidients then, they are thankfully a bit better now, question their sainthood status for Peter Obi or declare your support for President Tinubu and collect abuses and insults shege pro max.

On Nairaland, there was no name under the sun Eniola Bhadmus wasn't called by Obidients, not to mention the body shaming.

Hopefully hand go touch more Obidients on dis platform, wey no gree oda pipo support who dem want, one day.
Must you politicize everything?
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ObalendeCMS: 6:31am On Apr 05
Ilekokonit:
I actually believe her accusations that Eniola Badmus is a p.imp to the high and mighty.

Ugly & fat women usually end up being pee-eye-em-pee. I believe that fugly buffon is one!

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 6:32am On Apr 05
DeepSight:
Just look at that last line. It says so much about you. You have congratulated the court and endorsed its action. You then wind up admitting you have no idea what the case was about.
The post says she pleaded guilty. Whether I know what she did or not, she herself pleaded guilty. So, what exactly do you have against my comment?
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Johnjustice: 6:32am On Apr 05
3ice9ce:

There is a difference between free speech and crime. Some of you will learn the difference in jail.

It's a fine line, police and government officials can exploit it to oppress and silent activists.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by HisaacPlus: 6:42am On Apr 05
Dialpad:

It's apparent that you don't know the intricacies of judicial operations. Someone used the only lifeline to escape a bigger hammer and you're here discussing 'gutter is dirty'

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 6:43am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
Must you politicize everything?

It was a Politically motivated thing in the first place. Feel free to disprove my version of events and I will delete my post and apologise to whoever necessary.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by DeGods007(m): 6:48am On Apr 05
Goodnewsforlife:
an igbo person calling someone a drug lord?

Wonders shall never end, I can bet u have at least a family in India jail

No I have one in Palestine jail grin grin grin

Ekuke 🤣🤣

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 7:02am On Apr 05
aswani:
It was a Politically motivated thing in the first place. Feel free to disprove my version of events and I will delete my post and apologise to whoever necessary.
What the TikTok user did is wrong, it doesn't matter her own political affiliation. The post does not say her action was politically motivated. Eniola is not the only celebrity that supports Tinubu. Why didn't the TikTok user do the same thing against those other celebrities who support Tinubu? Can you prove that the TikTok user would not have accused Eniola if Eniola did not join Tinubu's camp?

The fact is that the TikTok user committed an offense. Who Eniola supports makes no difference here. It is very illogical for you to politicize the case. Are you saying the girl was found guilty because she does not support Tinubu? Or, are you saying the girl was found found guilty because Eniola supports Tinubu? Or, are you saying the girl would not have been found guilty if Eniola supports Obi? I ask again, can you prove that the TikTok user would not have accused Eniola if Eniola did not join Tinubu's camp?
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by amaridigital(m): 7:02am On Apr 05
DMerciful:
In a sane country, she wouldn't be convicted!

You accused someone of running underaged prostitution ring for politicians without evidence which you now confessed was a lie and someone is telling me she won't be convicted n a sane country? If it were in developed countries, her unborn generations won't be able to pay for the defamation. That's a very serious crime accusation. Running a prostitution ring especially involving underaged. Kudos to eniola. If she didn't act promptly, her name would have been added in the watchlist of people promoting sex trafficking and most Embassies will deny her visas and she wouldn't know why. Let us be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by naija4life247: 7:03am On Apr 05
Goodnewsforlife:

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large numbers
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ppogba: 7:40am On Apr 05
oladipuposadeeq:
most people don't understand this, I doubt she had a lawyer but if she did, the lawyer would never tell her to plead guilty except he/she is walking for the plaintiff 😪

A lawyer will tell her never to plead guilty?
The way you people exhibit crass and gross ignorance on this platform is amazing.

Perhaps, you are not aware there is a prosecutor in any case?

Perrhaps, you are not aware that it is the evidence brought by the prosecutor against you in a case inspite of your plea that matters to the judge?

Perhaps, you are not aware that the please of being guilty is to enable your lawyer plead for a lighter sentences?

Perhaps, IBINABO FIBRESIMA who pleased guilty in her manslaughter case did not have a lawyer?

Perhaps, you have a list of offenders who did not plead guilty in spite of the litany of evidences against them but were ordered to go to TRANSCORP Hotel for a plate of pepper soup and cold beer right from the court.

Make una dey think before una argue for public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by LOVEGINO(m): 7:49am On Apr 05
adamusuleiman1:
Nwakaego Okoye was convicted on Wednesday, April 3, after she pleaded guilty to the charge brought against her.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/04/nigerian-court-sentences-tiktok-user-three-years-jail-defaming-nollywood-actress
I now see why government dey give us problem. Idleness dey make us misbehave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N64 Million Range Rover Intercepted By Customs In Ogun. Photos / Lockdown: South Africans Clash With Police Over Food / Eunice Omaye Odoba Stabbed To Death In Otukpo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.