Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,046 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus (36038 Views)

Court Sentences TikTok User To Three Years Jail For Defaming Nollywood Actress / Blogger Gbenga Dan-Asabe Arraigned In Court For Defaming Guru Maharaj Ji / Eniola Aluko Shot Dead In London (2) (3) (4)

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 8:18am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
What the TikTok user did is wrong, it doesn't matter her own political affiliation. The post does not say her action was politically motivated. Eniola is not the only celebrity that supports Tinubu. Why didn't the TikTok user do the same thing against those other celebrities who support Tinubu? Can you prove that the TikTok user would not have accused Eniola if Eniola did not join Tinubu's camp?

The fact is that the TikTok user committed an offense. Who Eniola supports makes no difference here. It is very illogical for you to politicize the case. Are you saying the girl was found guilty because she does not support Tinubu? Or, are you saying the girl was found found guilty because Eniola supports Tinubu? Or, are you saying the girl would not have been found guilty if Eniola supports Obi? I ask again, can you prove that the TikTok user would not have accused Eniola if Eniola did not join Tinubu's camp?

I thought kobojunkie was a nightmare to converse with because of her style of asking questions that barely had anything to do with the stated opinion of the person she is discussing with. She is clearly a learner when compared to you.

I will not answer your questions as I have learnt from interacting with kobojunkie that doing so with your likes is a waste of time.

I will repeat what I said about the time line:

1) Eniola Bhadmus declares for President Tinubu.
2) Obidients on Social media abused, insulted and rained curses on her and particularly body shamed her.
3) Anti Tiktoker released the false information about her. IIRC, she also abused Eniola Bhadmus too in her video aside from the allegations.
4) Eniola Bhadmus took the Obidient rat to court.
5) Eniola Bhadmus won her case.

If you have proof that none of the above existed or the timeline is incorrect, feel free to use some of the free time you appear to have to investigate it.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:19am On Apr 05
ppogba:

A lawyer will tell her never to plead guilty?
The way you people exhibit crass and gross ignorance on this platform is amazing.

Perhaps, you are not aware there is a prosecutor in any case?

Perrhaps, you are not aware that it is the evidence brought by the prosecutor against you in a case inspite of your plea that matters to the judge?

Perhaps, you are not aware that the please of being guilty is to enable your lawyer plead for a lighter sentences?

Perhaps, IBINABO FIBRESIMA who pleased guilty in her manslaughter case did not have a lawyer?

Perhaps, you have a list of offenders who did not plead guilty in spite of the litany of evidences against them but were ordered to go to TRANSCORP Hotel for a plate of pepper soup and cold beer right from the court.

Make una dey think before una argue for public.
I am telling you and I have been to court rooms with prosecutors and lawyers and you will be shocked to people that commit offences that you will see kororo like this and they would still plead not guilty your honour and you saying make uh na dey think b4 uh na dey argue for public shows how empty headed you are, you will be surprised how the judicial system works. Our polithiefians that embezzle billions even in murder cases that the person have numerous evidences against him/her they would still plead not guilty and the case would linger. One of the things that nailed her coffin is she pleading guilty and also she doesn't have enough resources like the plaintiff to make the case go on for years.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by DMerciful(m): 8:27am On Apr 05
Defamation is a criminal charge? People go to prison for defamation? Stop playing!
amaridigital:

You accused someone of running underaged prostitution ring for politicians without evidence which you now confessed was a lie and someone is telling me she won't be convicted n a sane country? If it were in developed countries, her unborn generations won't be able to pay for the defamation. That's a very serious crime accusation. Running a prostitution ring especially involving underaged. Kudos to eniola. If she didn't act promptly, her name would have been added in the watchlist of people promoting sex trafficking and most Embassies will deny her visas and she wouldn't know why. Let us be reasonable.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:31am On Apr 05
Thoughty2:

grin it's like you've never been to Nigerian Court before.
be sincere have you been to court before to be arraigned for a case or you been the plaintiff in a court case I have been both and I am telling you,don't end guilty. Her offense is bailable I hope you know, when the first case precides, they would mention all your offences then come bombard am with some wey you self no do but would now ask you are you guilty or not though looking at what transpired between both parties yes she could plead guilty and get a lighter sentence. Just like this erisco case now, if them ask that woman is she guilty or not as for me with all the evidence against her and the brand she is going against, she is definitely guilty so her lawyer would have to try to see if they could resolve it before the court reach their verdict else she would lose catastrophically.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:33am On Apr 05
DMerciful:
Defamation is a criminal charge? People go to prison for defamation? Stop playing!
yes they do oooooooo big time self. I was thinking the system doesn't really put eyes on such cases but with little info I gathered that if you wey dey defame person no get money and connections you will eventually regret making that mistake just like the woman and erisco case. I promise you the woman would have preferred getting her phone stolen that day than going thru all this ordeal
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 8:35am On Apr 05
aswani:

I thought kobojunkie was a nightmare to converse with because of her style of asking questions that barely had anything to do with the stated opinion of the person she is discussing with. She is clearly a learner when compared to you.

I will not answer your questions as I have learnt from interacting with kobojunkie that doing so with your likes is a waste of time.

I will repeat what I said about the time line:

1) Eniola Bhadmus declares for President Tinubu.
2) Obidients on Social media abused, insulted and rained curses on her and particularly body shamed her.
3) Anti Tiktoker released the false information about her. IIRC, she also abused Eniola Bhadmus too in her video aside from the allegations.
4) Eniola Bhadmus took the Obidient rat to court.
5) Eniola Bhadmus won her case.

If you have proof that none of the above existed or the timeline is incorrect, feel free to use some of the free time you appear to have to investigate it.
You are dodging my questions because answering them will expose your illogicality and wound your ego. But I will continue to repeat the questions for you as you continue to quote me.

The fact is that the TikTok user committed an offense. Who Eniola supports makes no difference here. It is very illogical for you to politicize the case.

Are you saying the girl was found guilty because she does not support Tinubu?

re you saying the girl was found found guilty because Eniola supports Tinubu?

re you saying the girl would not have been found guilty if Eniola supports Obi?

Can you prove that the TikTok user would not have accused Eniola if Eniola did not join Tinubu's camp?
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by DeepSight(m): 8:36am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
The post says she pleaded guilty. Whether I know what she did or not, she herself pleaded guilty. So, what exactly do you have against my comment?

What you wrote spoke to the use of social media in a way that could only suggest that you were well acquainted with what she did, whereas you knew jack shit.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ppogba: 8:37am On Apr 05
oladipuposadeeq:
I am telling you and I have been to court rooms with prosecutors and lawyers and you will be shocked to people that commit offences that you will see kororo like this and they would still plead not guilty your honour and you saying make uh na dey think b4 uh na dey argue for public shows how empty headed you are, you will be surprised how the judicial system works. Our polithiefians that embezzle billions even in murder cases that the person have numerous evidences against him/her they would still plead not guilty and the case would linger. One of the things that nailed her coffin is she pleading guilty and also she doesn't have enough resources like the plaintiff to make the case go on for years.

Going to the courts on a daily basis with SANs or sleeping in the court room does not automatically translates to being a lawyer.

Remember, your argument is, lawyers will NEVER tell you to plead guilty.

Go and learn how to use the word " NEVER" in addition to arguing logically.

Good Morning.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Kusu12: 8:40am On Apr 05
DeGods007:

Tinubu is a drug lord ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Oya bark ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Your tribe is known for drug trafficking worldwide!
85% of your brothers and sisters are languishing in prisons all over the world for drug trafficking and criminal activities.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:47am On Apr 05
ppogba:

Going to the courts on a daily basis with SANs or sleeping in the court room does not automatically translates to being a lawyer.

Remember, your argument is, lawyers will NEVER tell you to plead guilty.

Go and learn how to use the word " NEVER" in addition to arguing logically.

Good Morning.
ooooooh k i get you now, the mistake I made is never which I made ignorantly but sincerely I don't know if I am biased 3 years without an option of fine is far fetched patapata they suppose say make she pay 5m or even 2m for damaging the plaintiff's name or brand.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by DeGods007(m): 8:59am On Apr 05
Kusu12:

Your tribe is known for drug trafficking worldwide!
85% of your brothers and sisters are languishing in prisons all over the world for drug trafficking and criminal activities.

Are you serious??

Who are the ones now building mansions and buying up your father's grave in Lagos? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

What is remaining in your brain is now Agbado... grin grin

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 9:02am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
You are dodging my questions because answering them will expose your illogicality and wound your ego. But I will continue to repeat the questions for you as you continue to quote me.

The fact is that the TikTok user committed an offense. Who Eniola supports makes no difference here. It is very illogical for you to politicize the case.

Can you prove that the TikTok user would not have accused Eniola if Eniola did not join Tinubu's camp?

I am not dodging nada, I don tok my own, I also don tell you say I no go answer ya kweshion as dem no relate to wetin I tok.

I will address your claims about my ego though, anyone here that doesn't support Peter Obi cannot have one because Obidients would have abused the hell out of them (to quote President Tinubu). .

Finally, I have backtracked and apologised on more than one occasion when I have unwittingly posted something that has been proven untrue. Prove me wrong and I will do the same. Chikena
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 9:18am On Apr 05
aswani:

I am not dodging nada, I don tok my own, I also don tell you say I no go answer ya kweshion as dem no relate to wetin I tok.

I will address your claims about my ego though, anyone here that doesn't support Peter Obi cannot have one because Obidients would have abused the hell out of them (to quote President Tinubu). .

Finally, I have backtracked and apologised on more than one occasion when I have unwittingly posted something that has been proven untrue. Prove me wrong and I will do the same. Chikena
Neither the post itself nor my comment suggests political discrimination or bias. You illogicality and sentimentally politicize the case.

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 9:21am On Apr 05
DeepSight:
What you wrote spoke to the use of social media in a way that could only suggest that you were well acquainted with what she did, whereas you knew jack shit.
I wrote against misleading contents on social media. You are going offpoint. I don't know exactly what she did. But the post says she pleaded guilty of whatever charge pressed against her. You are taking my comment out of context.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 11:00am On Apr 05
immortalcrown:
Neither the post itself nor my comment suggests political discrimination or bias. You illogicality and sentimentally politicize the case.

You are right, she didn't commit an offence, that is why she is about to see jail time if she doesn't pony up the fine.

I can't be the one that politicised a case when Eniola Bhadmus started collecting wotowoto from Obidients, including the Toktoker, the moment she declared for President Tinubu.

I was on Nairaland reading the threads but you will have to find them yourself because I am going to put my own free time to better use.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ComeToJesus: 11:02am On Apr 05
Dialpad:
Absolutely stupid for pleading guilty... in all you do, Never pleading guilty.

She can never get visas to most countries
Don't comment on matters that are way beyond your league. Stick to the ones you are conversant with. Just a friendly advise.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Dialpad: 11:30am On Apr 05
You must be absolutely stu-pid to make this silly comment, look at a kid that can't feed himself talking to someone that can comfortably hire your parents.

So you slowpoke, cannot understand what the job of an attorney is.

Don't respond to this as I have time for you today.

ComeToJesus:

Don't comment on matters that are way beyond your league. Stick to the ones you are conversant with. Just a friendly advise.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 11:32am On Apr 05
aswani:

You are right, she didn't commit an offence, that is why she is about to see jail time if she doesn't pony up the fine.

I can't be the one that politicised a case when Eniola Bhadmus started collecting wotowoto from Obidients, including the Toktoker, the moment she declared for President Tinubu.

I was on Nairaland reading the threads but you will have to find them yourself because I am going to put my own free time to better use.

The fact is that the TikTok user committed an offense. That's why she pleaded guilty. Who Eniola supports makes no difference here. It is very illogical for you to politicize the case.

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 12:05pm On Apr 05
immortalcrown:

The fact is that the TikTok user committed an offense. That's why she pleaded guilty. Who Eniola supports makes no difference here. It is very illogical for you to politicize the case.

She only commited the offence because of Eniola Bhadmus's declared political allegiance. She would not have peddled the falsehood she did if Eniola did an Iyabแป Ojo and declared for Peter Obi.

It is important to note that prior to Eniola's declaration, she didn't appear on the Tiktok idiot's radar.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by immortalcrown(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05
aswani:

She only commited the offence because of Eniola Bhadmus's declared political allegiance. She would not have peddled the falsehood she did if Eniola did an Iyabแป Ojo and declared for Peter Obi.

It is important to note that prior to Eniola's declaration, she didn't appear on the Tiktok idiot's radar.

Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by aswani(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05
immortalcrown:

Eniola's character was libelled as a direct result of her political afflictions, this was standard fayre for Obidients who sought to bully anyone that didn't declare for Peter Obi.

Thankfully one or two of them are being held to account for their inability to allow Nigerians choose who they want to be aligned with politically.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Fearcom(m): 2:45pm On Apr 05
Dialpad:

May you never find yourself in a situation of facing jail time in a maximum security prison

If you're guilty of an offense that you KNOW you committed and can be proved beyond all reasonable doubt in court, then you risk heaping additional charges, leading to additional time behind bars for wasting the court's precious time, energy and resources.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ComeToJesus: 3:55pm On Apr 05
Dialpad:
You must be absolutely stu-pid to make this silly comment, look at a kid that can't feed himself talking to someone that can comfortably hire your parents.

So you slowpoke, cannot understand what the job of an attorney is.

Don't respond to this as I have time for you today.

Friendly advice I said.. comment on matters within your wavelength..

You can ๐Ÿ˜ญ again as I am enjoying it ๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by Dialpad: 4:31pm On Apr 05
How can be be so dumb to plead guilty, who does that

ComeToJesus:

Friendly advice I said.. comment on matters within your wavelength..

You can ๐Ÿ˜ญ again as I am enjoying it ๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05
Dialpad:

Do you know that by not pleading guilty to charges with numberous evidence can do?

The ruling judge will pronounce more than the supposed jail time. A case that ought to be like 10yrs in prison could switch to 35yrs
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by ultim: 10:43pm On Apr 05
adamusuleiman1:
Nwakaego Okoye was convicted on Wednesday, April 3, after she pleaded guilty to the charge brought against her.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/04/nigerian-court-sentences-tiktok-user-three-years-jail-defaming-nollywood-actress

That's should be a civil wrong.
The said section is a ruse.
Re: Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:43am On Apr 07
NeoWanZaeed:
Media needs to be censored. Not taking away freedom of speech but you must have concrete facts for everything you say
fact checking is not same as censorship

Corpse Of Lady Carried By Flood In Imo Discovered. Photos / Paul Gabriel Amos, Lamborghini Driver Charged With Money Laundering - Pics / 4 Osun Students Imprisoned For Beating A Hooker Who Refused Unprotected Sex

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76