Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike (5635 Views)

This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa / NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Streetdoctor: 6:26am On Apr 05
helinues:
Toh
U don't want to vomit d nonsense again?

2 Likes

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Streetdoctor: 6:27am On Apr 05
oliverwrites:
I have supported most moves by this government but on this I do not agree. I personally don't mind paying as much as 200k per month for electricity ( I currently pay about 13k monthly and about 450k on generator ) however, you can't ask people to pay 225 when they don't get even up to 8 hours of electricity per day. It is madness and absolutely unacceptable.

Nigerians should not be made to suffer for the problem the corruption of the middle class brought upon us.

I hope people stand up against this nonsense.
Na only u and ur household go stand up on d rotten Manhood of useless Tinubu. Dis is a welcome development and if u don't like it go to court

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by sprints1: 6:30am On Apr 05
Faiththatworks:
I don't support Asiwaju at all in this removal of subsidy on Electricity.
I agree with Mr Femi Falana SAN assertion that Asiwaju and his western trained lackeys are carrying out a supremist,hardship and suffocating agenda of the IMF and the World Bank.
The suffocation of the masses by the removal of subsidy in every phase of life will soon be met by a massive protest that will cripple this nation.
I'm very very sure they are holding Asiwaju to ransom,these suffocating agenda is definitely because Asiwaju wants to borrow money from these Financial Bandits.
I'm sure we will soon start hearing of loans being approved to Nigeria now that their agenda has been fully implemented.
These western bandits are only interested in the disruption of the country,and I liken them to the advisers a King consulted in the Bible. The name of the King was Rehoboam,the son of King Solomon, the people went to meet him to ask his plans for them after the death of his Father.
According to the story in the bible,the king consulted the elders who told him to soften the hardship in the land,but after consulting with his youthful advisers,they encouraged him to add more to the pain of the masses.
The Youth in the bible story are these Western Terriorist disguised as Financial Institution.
We know how the story ended in the Bible,the masses revolted and that's how Israel got split into 2.
There's a limit to how long the masses can endure these suffocation. Asiwaju shouldn't add more to the burden the masses are already enduring, otherwise we will revolt.
God bless the masses
God bless Nigeria.
thank you sir...
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by oliverwrites: 6:32am On Apr 05
Streetdoctor:

Na only u and ur household go stand up on d rotten Manhood of useless Tinubu. Dis is a welcome development and if u don't like it go to court
Nairaland should have a very strong and strict age check in place and possibly mental health checks in place due to miscreants like you.
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by DMerciful(m): 6:34am On Apr 05
Is the govt saying 52% are on 20hrs/day light?

Why this govt like propaganda?

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Streetdoctor: 6:55am On Apr 05
Minsk24:

U people are really funny, is it increase in minimum wage in public sector? Or private sector, ? Government that is struggling with finances, u want them to increase minimum wage, if u increase minimum wage in private sector, how many employers go afford am
But they hv money to purchase car worth of 1.5billion naira for remi Tinubu?
They can padd 3 trillion naira in d budget?
Indeed zombie is real

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Streetdoctor: 6:59am On Apr 05
oliverwrites:
Nairaland should have a very strong and strict age check in place and possibly mental health checks in place due to miscreants like you.

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by justmi1: 7:01am On Apr 05
oliverwrites:
I have supported most moves by this government but on this I do not agree. I personally don't mind paying as much as 200k per month for electricity ( I currently pay about 13k monthly and about 450k on generator ) however, you can't ask people to pay 225 when they don't get even up to 8 hours of electricity per day. It is madness and absolutely unacceptable.

Nigerians should not be made to suffer for the problem the corruption of the middle class brought upon us.

what if the tariff hike leads to improved power supply. The minister of power claims we are owing gas company hence the epileptic power supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by barry75: 7:03am On Apr 05
The only way to improve the country's economy is for asiwaju to stop being the stooge of western policies which can only be applied successfully in a standard society which Nigeria is completely opposite of. Asiwaju go the way of Gaddafi, ignore the pressure and temptation of the imf and world bank . The solution lies inward.
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by oliverwrites: 7:04am On Apr 05
justmi1:
what if the tariff hike leads to improved power supply. The minister of power claims we are owing gas company hence the epileptic power supply.
Take loans to pay whatever is owed. We should not be forced to pay for the corruption of a select few.

The price hike can only be justified if it amounts to an immediate improvement in supply. I personally don't mind paying 200k a month to enjoy constant power supply and I am pretty sure most of the people in the so called band A areas don't mind but thing is, you are charging more whilst still giving less. Check out the so called band A areas in your state and you will find out that they don't enjoy half of 20 hours per day all year round.
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by DenreleDave(m): 7:05am On Apr 05
Streetdoctor:
are those people you posted your parents?
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Mrpojj(m): 7:09am On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/04/fgs-monthly-electricity-subsidy-spending-to-crash-by-52-on-new-tariff-hike/

Hahahaha
Nigerians let's wake up oh.
So they did and increments from 68 naira per kwh to 225naira kwh, and they are saying it's just 52% reduction in their purported subsidy
Meaning they are still helping u pay the remaining 48%...l laugh....
They are just saying this so that in the next 3years they will come for more increments

2 Likes

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Streetdoctor: 7:11am On Apr 05
[quote author=DenreleDave post=129275825][/quote]
Na dem bi that

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Bfly: 7:17am On Apr 05
Virtually everything has increased under Tinubu except salary. How is this a renewed hope?

The president power is just too much.
How are thes people of service to the masses?
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Elinosweet143(f): 7:17am On Apr 05
When ever I see any thread regarding Nigeria electricity bah i go just dey vex, oga light no dey dey, some areas in lagos no dey see light and you go dey hear increase in electricity tariffs, me i don't bother reading the content because of vex aswear. The situation is heartbreaking, no power no water see serious heat, no be die them want make person die
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Minsk24: 7:19am On Apr 05
Streetdoctor:

But they hv money to purchase car worth of 1.5billion naira for remi Tinubu?
They can padd 3 trillion naira in d budget?
Indeed zombie is real
Yes u have made good points, corruption is endemic in the Nigerian government, the main issue is that the economy is in a mess...
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Streetdoctor: 7:24am On Apr 05
Minsk24:

Yes u have made good points, corruption is endemic in the Nigerian government, the main issue is that the economy is in a mess...
Who bastardized d economy?
Who supported d person that bastardized d economy?

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by EverblazingTee: 7:31am On Apr 05
Who are those on band A? I think this is just an avenue to rip the masses
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:52am On Apr 05
Mrpojj:

Hahahaha
Nigerians let's wake up oh.
So they did and increments from 68 naira per kwh to 225naira kwh, and they are saying it's just 52% reduction in their purported subsidy
Meaning they are still helping u pay the remaining 48%...l laugh....
They are just saying this so that in the next 3years they will come for more increments

Exactly o... Meaning they'll soon come for those in other bands, since removal of subsidy is the new normal

I just dey laugh those saying it's only Band A that it'll reach... E be like breakfast, e go reach everybody soon

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by lexy2014: 7:59am On Apr 05
stories that touch.

which subsidy have they been removing all this while?

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by lexy2014: 8:01am On Apr 05
EverblazingTee:
Who are those on band A? I think this is just an avenue to rip the masses

check this out

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Jasonekah98: 8:02am On Apr 05
Time to use solar panel to design my roof from top to bottom grin grin...
Probably use it as my window and door.
Their papa grin grin
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by melodyogonna(m): 8:21am On Apr 05
So this Band A stuff basically means the government will stop subsidizing for rich people?
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Ejebleje: 9:11am On Apr 05
ThinkSmarter:
As We crave to have a functional infrastructures like good roads, hospitals, schools, power.
We should also realise that it requires money to deliver what we crave for.
Social economy is not sustainable for over 200million population with low GDP
The population of Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar put together are not up to Nigeria's
The increase in revenue of the govt will lead to subsequent increase in infrastructures, wages and services.
I stand with Bola Ahmed Tinubu on his Economic reforms.

I don't believe Nigerian's problem is her population,Its obviously reckless government spending and corruption. Not to sound cliched , but even the most capitalist of societies support their citizens one way or another .

The question is , what will happen to the monies saved from electricity subsidy removal?

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by ruffhandu: 9:12am On Apr 05
oliverwrites:

So you also think others think so? Paying 200k a month on how much salary? Besides, I hope you all know that electricity is not more essential than food and education, so a man has to feed, clothe and educate his family before giving thought to some of these other bills. It simply means that these people do not wish a good life for the citizenry. They are not even thinking of 24hrs electricity. I would have wished they provide the electricity first, then start negotiating the fee.

If I may ask. What does the government now subsidize? They have removed subsidy on petroleum, education, and now electricity. These people are wicked. Shouldn't they have increased wages first? Now they will feast on the money they removed from subsidy, just like they are already doing through budget padding. Nigerians I pity.
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by oliverwrites: 10:10am On Apr 05
ruffhandu:

So you also think others think so? Paying 200k a month on how much salary? Besides, I hope you all know that electricity is not more essential than food and education, so a man has to feed, clothe and educate his family before giving thought to some of these other bills. It simply means that these people do not wish a good life for the citizenry. They are not even thinking of 24hrs electricity. I would have wished they provide the electricity first, then start negotiating the fee.

If I may ask. What does the government now subsidize? They have removed subsidy on petroleum, education, and now electricity. These people are wicked. Shouldn't they have increased wages first? Now they will feast on the money they removed from subsidy, just like they are already doing through budget padding. Nigerians I pity.
Sadly I agree with you and when I wrote what I wrote, I wrote it selfishing considering my own situation. I am totally against the hike and for the reasons you highlighted.

People claim Nigerians don't pay tax but every Nigerian at least pays VAT, does the vat they collect in addition to the vast natural resources we have correlates with development in the land? Sadly no.

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by ivandragon: 10:16am On Apr 05
Lol.

Nigerians don't still understand the one chance they have entered.

Like I have always said, the strategy of those at the helm of affairs would squeeze the life out of you, then give you a litre of oxygen and say they have achieved the unachievable by giving a litre of oxygen.
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by CrossRhodes: 10:21am On Apr 05
tollyboy5:

Most of the A band listed area in Lagos are just middle class area with alot of poor people.
Now we're confuse of your definition of rich.

Why not increase minimum wages instead of suffocating Nigerians with excess tax?
We now pay the same as USA that has minimum wage over ₦1m, but pay ₦30k as minimum wage?!
To increase Tax you copy USA , to increase salary you forget USA . Wickedness in high places.
Leave those tinubu clowns with their two mouthed talks.
Confused lots..

UK has been increasing minimum wages every year but they won't talk about that

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by dododawa1: 10:22am On Apr 05
Isheri Osun ijegun lkotun ijedodo and ABARANJE

Den of DARKNESS
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by CrossRhodes: 10:23am On Apr 05
ivandragon:
Lol.

Nigerians don't still understand the one chance they have entered.

Like I have always said, the strategy of those at the helm of affairs would squeeze the life out of you, then give you a litre of oxygen and say they have achieved the unachievable by giving a litre of oxygen.
Reasonable people understand cos we shouted before elections....
It's the bigots and APC support club that dont understand, eventually their eyes go peel

1 Like

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by CrossRhodes: 10:31am On Apr 05
melodyogonna:
So this Band A stuff basically means the government will stop subsidizing for rich people?
You need to stop thinking or assuming that Band A is for "rich people" only.....
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Barryspear: 10:48am On Apr 05
This is a good call to abandon hydro electricity supply and focus on renewable energy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warning; Jos Is Burning / Advantages Of National Award!? / I Am Dying Of Landlord Problem, God Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.