Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike (5636 Views)

This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa / NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Ray07(m): 11:00am On Apr 05
justmi1:
what if the tariff hike leads to improved power supply. The minister of power claims we are owing gas company hence the epileptic power supply.
Why are Nigerians easy to fool . . . Not surprised, reason why we keep getting the leaders we have today. grin

Improved power indeed. grin
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by ambale(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05
socialmediaman:
Many customers in urban cities (poor or middle class) are classified under band A whether they get up to 20 hours of electricity or not.

Band A is not just for rich people as some Tinubu supporters are insinuating.

Those ones are agenda pushers now, after the removal of the subsidy, we all saw that what we refer to as rich men in Nigeria are all bunch of middle class men

And they are here shouting Rich men are only the ones affected

Majority of the rich men are even off grid as solar is more beneficial to them
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by ambale(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05
Adeolajude:
I don't mind when the government choke the people real hard...so that they can sing louder when election time comes and they are asked to pick a clothe and attend useless campaign rally.

The painful part is that most times this people buy this asoebi to the campaign ground ooo

Asin you dey pay who wan kill you🤔
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by ambale(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05
ThinkSmarter:
As We crave to have a functional infrastructures like good roads, hospitals, schools, power.
We should also realise that it requires money to deliver what we crave for.
Social economy is not sustainable for over 200million population with low GDP
The population of Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar put together are not up to Nigeria's
The increase in revenue of the govt will lead to subsequent increase in infrastructures, wages and services.
I stand with Bola Ahmed Tinubu on his Economic reforms.

And when you choke the people out, who and who will use the infrastructures?

As we speak majority of government infrastructures are being occupied by miscreants who don't have where to sleep

Make una dey play, you think hunger doesn't need equal attention or even more attention than infrastructures

When you no fit Waka for that your street for fear of kidnapping, your face go clear
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by melodyogonna(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05
CrossRhodes:

You need to stop thinking or assuming that Band A is for "rich people" only.....

Why?
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by worksmart(m): 2:23pm On Apr 05
I miss Buhari, I miss Buhari ooh! I miss Buhari oooh!!!
Buhari was like a father to us !!
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by AcrylicProperty(f): 12:30am On Apr 06
Your best is yet to come guys... .

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here 👇to leverage the current promo and contact the number
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by Allisgud: 10:37am On Apr 06
Fg should stop paying electrical bills for their political appointees if they are doing so,they should sought it their selves from their salaries
Re: FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike by ruffhandu: 11:57am On Apr 06
oliverwrites:
Sadly I agree with you and when I wrote what I wrote, I wrote it selfishing considering my own situation. I am totally against the hike and for the reasons you highlighted.

People claim Nigerians don't pay tax but every Nigerian at least pays VAT, does the vat they collect in addition to the vast natural resources we have correlates with development in the land? Sadly no.

I waiting to see if Nigeria will ever have good leaders, I used to be a believer of "Nigeria will be great someday", but sadly, I am beginning to fear if this will happen in our lifetime.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Ibb Wasted $12bn Oil Windfall – Okigbo Report / An Imam Who Converted To Christianity / PDP Ridicules Oshiomhole With This Photo, Checkout Reactions Of Edo Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.