Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff (20830 Views)

NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers / Peter Obi Dragged To Court For "Violation Of Chid Rights" / Wike Shuts Down Caverton Helicopters For Violation Of Movement Restrictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by FreeStuffsNG: 3:43pm On Apr 05
Kukutente23:

It's obvious you understand nothing of corporate law and law of contracts
Smh. Go and read our criminal law instead of trolling and criminally cyberbullying anyone who holds a view you struggle to comprehend.

Our constitution is clear on those who have immunity against criminal prosecution.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Kukutente23: 3:45pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:
Best news of the day. AEDC is the most notorious DISCO when it comes to shady dealings with customers.

Very shady!! And corrupt.
Both staff and organization

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by naptu2: 3:46pm On Apr 05
Kukutente23:

What is in this is at variance with what NERC accused them of. Try to read the OP before playing the devil's advocate

I have always known that this one cannot read and understand simple sentences. He always makes things up in his head to hide his lack of understanding.

WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY THAT IT WAS AT VARIANCE WITH THE OP??

I only provided additional information, but he is incapable of understanding that.

That's why I usually don't read his posts, because there's nothing sensible in it. There never is.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by LydayBobo(m): 3:46pm On Apr 05
naija4life247:

They allowed themselves to be used a scapegoat
Do you want a working Nigeria or not
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by yeshuasfootstep(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05
Always evil.

Another opportunity to kill.

As if they are still learning work.

Don't know difference between band A and B.

Same way they've been cutting people's neck since in exchange for darkness.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Kukutente23: 3:48pm On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. Go and read our criminal law instead of trolling and criminally cyberbullying anyone who holds a view you struggle to comprehend.

Our constitution is clear on those who have immunity against criminal prosecution.
Criminal law? grin grin
So who is going to jail now AEDC, the staff or the board?

FYI, the organisation will bear responsibility for the actions of the staff as far as regulatory laws are concerned

It is left to the organization to consider punitive measures on erring staff.

Asking NERC to "arrest" and "prosecute" staff of AEDC is as harebrained as saying Nigeria's debt should be deducted from the earning of all citizens of Nigeria cheesy cheesy

And you are nobody worth cyberbullying. Stop being jerky

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by TUANKU(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05
Kukutente23:

Very shady!! And corrupt.
Both staff and organization
Well said.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Kukutente23: 3:53pm On Apr 05
naptu2:

I have always known that this one cannot read and understand simple sentences. He always makes thinge up in his head to hide his lack of understanding.

WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY THAT IT WAS AT VARIANCE WITH THE OP??

I only provided additional information, but he is incapable of understanding that.

That's why I usually don't read his posts, because there's nothing sensible in it. There never is.
It is you who needs to read and understand cause you clearly are not doing that

I never implied that you said anything was at variance. I'm telling you that what you posted as apology is AT VARIANCE with what NERC is holding them responsible for.

Go back and read the press release by NERC and the AEDC one which you posted. I hope it becomes clearer to you what I'm pointing out by then.

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by broadman20: 3:55pm On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:
Great intervention. Though that fine is too much in my opinion. They can report the officials to EFCC and recommend them to be sacked or suspended from work for 6months without pay. It's when both the individuals and their company are punished that there can be sufficient deterrent.

Individuals committed that infraction so they should be held liable as well. They are not ghosts.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

What is too much?

Why are you always anti people?

Do you know how much those people had taken from customers this little period?
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by naptu2: 3:55pm On Apr 05
And the jester is still trying to get my attention.

Why would I read anything from someone that cannot understand simple sentences. Someone that, if you say, "It's morning", will reply, "Why did you say I killed the cat this morning?" Can there be any communication with such a fellow?

He's just wasting his time because I am not going to read his crap.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Kukutente23: 3:56pm On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:
It's a big fat lie. The UK energy companies are even returning their own licenses to ofgen after committing infractions. Energy business is a delicate mix of business and diplomacy. We need energy and the operators. Fine them, I agree but N200 million fine takes the away the responsibility to punish certain individuals away and now punish the company. I don't accept that. Individuals are culpable too. Reduce the fine but slam the individuals!
So can you give us a list of the individuals to be slammed Mr Sherlock
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by naptu2: 3:58pm On Apr 05
🤣 But he is free to waste his time and keep desperately trying to get my attention.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Charly68: 3:58pm On Apr 05
freemanq:
Just looking for simple opportunity to make Nigerians suffer
The company is wicked and a cheat . Imagine corporate organization abusing regulations .. so pathetic

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by magicfarad90: 3:59pm On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:
Great intervention. Though that fine is too much in my opinion. They can report the officials to EFCC and recommend them to be sacked or suspended from work for 6months without pay. It's when both the individuals and their company are punished that there can be sufficient deterrent.

Individuals committed that infraction so they should be held liable as well. They are not ghosts.

NERC will not be responsible to be tracking and arresting the culprits. What they do is sanction the Company in the manner they have done, while the company do their own cleansing, expose , sack and prosecute, and have them refund. While AEDC takes the share of paying the 200m fine for their negligence and 419 tendency. (Obtaining money by false pretence.)
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by AcrylicProperty(f): 4:00pm On Apr 05
You can reach out to us today.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Kukutente23: 4:01pm On Apr 05
That's your business if you are not reading. Though you read the first one albeit upside down which makes a caricature of your claim of "not reading".

The point I'm emphasizing is clear for those who live in AEDC jurisdiction and are familiar with how they operate.

They are claiming they downgraded some customers to Band B but a system glitch kept them in Band A tariff.

NERC on the other hand is claiming AEDC moved ALL their customers to Band A tariff. I hope you know there are four bands and even sub-bands under each bands.

Anyone who has been following reactions since yesterday will be aware that AEDC customers have been raising alarm that AEDC will move everyone to Band A tariff irrespective of previous band and it seems they have been proven right by NERC.

Note that even NERC is serviced by AEDC

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Lastanza: 4:08pm On Apr 05
DeLaRue:

Another thing is, if you're in a part of town where supply is 19hrs 30mins, you pay the existing rate.

Those in another part of the same town who get 30mins more light than you will pay 3 times more for the light! Very unfair.

That 20hr thing is a poor metric for determining which group of people pay the new rate.

Baba no body on band B downwards will get a 19hours 30 minutes of light in this country again going by your analysis. You think those people don't know what they are doing?

All the power supply will be channeled to the band A areas. Those in band B that usually get a let's say 15 hours of light daily will be getting like 8 or 10 hours or even less now because they pay the same thing as those in band E and cannot even complain because they are not paying the premium

The people in band A will get the light and also pay premium for it which better
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by descarado: 4:49pm On Apr 05
maasoap:

If band A have prepaid meters, why charging them using higher tariff? The more a customer use power, the more he recharges
Prepaid metres do not stop you from paying very high tariff. It means as others can use 5k for example in a month, you will spend more than 10k. Add it to the fact that you have constant electricity, you will end up spending up to 15k in a month.
I have a house in a band A residential area and as at that time, depending on your house( cos they bill you according to your kind of house), I spend quite a lot on units.
And anytime the officials come to check your meter and it does not resonate with your type of house eg, you are spending less, they will know automatically you are by-passing and will send their expert to trace your connections.
It is quite common.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by descarado: 4:51pm On Apr 05
Lastanza:

Baba no body on band B downwards will get a 19hours 30 minutes of light in this country again going by your analysis. You think those people don't know what they are doing?

All the power supply will be channeled to the band A areas. Those in band B that usually get a let's say 15 hours of light daily will be getting like 8 or 10 hours or even less now because they pay the same thing as those in band E and cannot even complain because they are not paying the premium

The people in band A will get the light and also pay premium for it which better
I have been on band A. My area has been on band A. It gets on average of 22hours electricity everyday.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by ultim: 4:51pm On Apr 05
Which areas are in Band A ?
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:58pm On Apr 05
dawno2008:
Not just AEDC,even IBDC too sad

confusion don confuse confusionity

Nigeria is a charade
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Niyi4321: 5:12pm On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:
Great intervention. Since they are now mandated to repay their customers back in units, in my opinion, the fine is too much.

NERC can report the officials to EFCC and recommend them to be sacked or suspended from work for 6months without pay. It's when both the individuals and their company are punished that there can be sufficient deterrent.

Too bad you fall for it!
They're taking styles to tell customers in the other bands to get prepared for tariff hikes
Because of citizens you really believe they would fine them that much?
Nigeria would have been better if that's how much her citizens were loved
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Elidrisy20: 5:19pm On Apr 05
All this na story ooo, as you provide yourself water, through bohole, well, that is the same way you will provide yourself with electricity, because these ppl are no different from bandits and kidnappers
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by BadMaster: 5:19pm On Apr 05
My estate is supposedly on Band A, but we experience nothing close to 12 hours of light per day, yet we are on same tariff with places like Maitama, Asokoro, Wuse 2, Games village that experience virtually 24hrs of power.

The 200 naira million fine is too small. AEDC has been using this scam to defraud customers for a long time.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by BadMaster: 5:20pm On Apr 05
descarado:

I have been on band A. My area has been on band A. It gets on average of 22hours electricity everyday.
Is your Area under AEDC?
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by stagger: 5:20pm On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:
Great intervention. Since they are now mandated to repay their customers back in units, in my opinion, the fine is too much.

NERC can report the officials to EFCC and recommend them to be sacked or suspended from work for 6months without pay. It's when both the individuals and their company are punished that there can be sufficient deterrent.

The fine is absolutely in order. This rape of Nigerians from DISCOs must end!
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by stagger: 5:24pm On Apr 05
descarado:

Prepaid metres do not stop you from paying very high tariff. It means as others can use 5k for example in a month, you will spend more than 10k. Add it to the fact that you have constant electricity, you will end up spending up to 15k in a month.
I have a house in a band A residential area and as at that time, depending on your house( cos they bill you according to your kind of house), I spend quite a lot on units.
And anytime the officials come to check your meter and it does not resonate with your type of house eg, you are spending less, they will know automatically you are by-passing and will send their expert to trace your connections.
It is quite common.

The consumption of units is dependent on your appliances. So if a Band A person that travels a lot for business uses less electricity, does it mean he bypassed his meter?

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by BadMaster: 5:25pm On Apr 05
oluwaseyi0:
The new tariff is for customer enjoying over 20hours of electricity
That is where the fraud is. Not all customers placed on band A are getting up to 12 hours of power per day. It simply means you are charged at a premium rate, but not giving same value.

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by mfm04622: 5:31pm On Apr 05
Sunnycliff:
The worst is that, there's no comprehensive list that's open to all, on this band categorization

Check your receipt.

It is always there
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by descarado: 5:49pm On Apr 05
stagger:

The consumption of units is dependent on your appliances. So if a Band A person that travels a lot for business uses less electricity, does it mean he bypassed his meter?
You will still be charged high for a unit irrespective of how many units you consume. How many people travels a lot like uou insinuated.

When AEDC officials come to check your unit consumption per month, they will know if you are by-passing or not. They have a special unit that handles that.
The problem with people with prepaid especially the big men is bypassing. And it's their officials that do that for people.
Just forget it. Nigeria is irredeemable
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by okoroemeka(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05
yesloaded:
IBEDC needs to be fined too for epileptic power supply

Only 2% of entire Ibadan enjoy stable power supply
come on you must be joking ,2% for a big town like IB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Adoke Misled GEJ Into Withdrawing Assent To Amended Constitution– Ekweremadu / Ohanaeze Blasts Father Mbaka Over New Year prophecy About Buhari / We Must Ask God For Forgiveness - Amaechi To Rivers State People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.