Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff (20846 Views)

NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers / Peter Obi Dragged To Court For "Violation Of Chid Rights" / Wike Shuts Down Caverton Helicopters For Violation Of Movement Restrictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by descarado: 5:51pm On Apr 05
BadMaster:

Is your Area under AEDC?
Yep.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by yesloaded: 6:04pm On Apr 05
okoroemeka:
come on you must be joking ,2% for a big town like IB

grin
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Rolings: 6:25pm On Apr 05
clarocuzioo:
This tariff hike for BAND A customers is not a well thought out initiative. It is draconian and exploitative.

How do you particularly differentiate the respective Bands? Do we have comprehensive details of Band A consumers?

On top matter you clearly have little knowledge of.....
Nigerians sha, see how you were going on as if you know wetin you dey talk when you don't.
You have condemned the tariffs hike when you don't even know if we have comprehensive details of band A customers.

Before making an opinion try dey make sure you really understand wetin them dey talk
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by BadMaster: 6:27pm On Apr 05
descarado:

Yep.
I just noticed that my estate has been downgraded to band B today. It was still on band A as at yesterday. Even some areas that are enjoying power virtually 24hrs have been downgraded to band B, maybe erroneously. They're probably doing some sorting.

You may check yours here https://infocheck.abujaelectricity.com/my-tariff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05
stagger:

The consumption of units is dependent on your appliances. So if a Band A person that travels a lot for business uses less electricity, does it mean he bypassed his meter?

You dey mind am? Seems he was talking about postpaid metre though
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Lastanza: 6:59pm On Apr 05
descarado:

I have been on band A. My area has been on band A. It gets on average of 22hours electricity everyday.

That's the thing. I'm also on band A. Used to get average of between 18 - 20 hours daily but since yesterday that the tariff increase took effect, I noticed today that there is light during the hour that they normally take it. Band A people will get the light and will equally pay premium for it

Those in other bands that were not affected will only manage what they get
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by Bluntemperor: 7:42pm On Apr 05
naptu2:
AEDC had previously apologised for wrongly putting people in Band A and charging them a higher tariff.

It's all Corruption we have been talking about and the shifts is totally against Nigeria!
ALL the DISCOS are doing illegalities, from those carrying ladders to the Supervisors in their Offices - they are very Corrupt,as nothing to show for this acquisition,these particular days , you don't even have 5- hours in Ikorodu but Lights are diverted elsewhere!
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by hemarnuael: 7:45pm On Apr 05
Rubbish fine that will be paid by consumers. IKEDC were fined about 2 months ago and they transferred the fine to the consumers and NERC did nothing about it. I think IKEDC even made profit from the fine cos we were charged x3 the normal amount they usually send as bill
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by maasoap(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05
descarado:

Prepaid metres do not stop you from paying very high tariff. It means as others can use 5k for example in a month, you will spend more than 10k. Add it to the fact that you have constant electricity, you will end up spending up to 15k in a month.
I have a house in a band A residential area and as at that time, depending on your house( cos they bill you according to your kind of house), I spend quite a lot on units.
And anytime the officials come to check your meter and it does not resonate with your type of house eg, you are spending less, they will know automatically you are by-passing and will send their expert to trace your connections.
It is quite common.
My house is classified as band A.
But my point is that there is no need for some areas to be paying N66 per unit while some areas are now paying N225 per unit just because they are reportedly having power supply 20 hours a day when both areas are R2. Both should be on the same tariff, that's common sense and ethical. The more band A uses electricity, the more they recharge and that should be enough for DISCOS. If they like, they distribute the power supply equally to their customers, nobody asked them for preferentially treatment
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by NothingDoMe: 8:49pm On Apr 05
DeLaRue:

Another thing is, if you're in a part of town where supply is 19hrs 30mins, you pay the existing rate.

Those in another part of the same town who get 30mins more light than you will pay 3 times more for the light! Very unfair.

That 20hr thing is a poor metric for determining which group of people pay the new rate.
Well said.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by grandstar(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05
Why are they being fined? All customers deserve to be in that band. All customers deserve a minimum of 20hours a day of power.

This segregated billing is absolute nonsense. How will they actually separate the billing?

Do not say the poor can't pay the new rates
. They suffer the most from segregated billing, only deserving of 3hours of power a day. Their businesses are then left to the mercy on the most expensive power of all, the generator for light, especially for their business.

It is cheaper to power your home for a week with the new rate than with a generator for a day, and thats when the use of the subsidized petrol at 600/litre.

I met a man today and he was thankful on how I was able to explain economic issue easily to him.

The government needs to be able to explain economic issues to people in simple terms.

If people knew why electricity tariffs need to be increased or better still, deregulated, most will willingly accept it.

My village has had no electricity for over 10 years over the lousy excuse of a lousy bill the village owes the utility. My hometown Ondo barely receives 6 hours of power daily and this has been the way for about a decade now.

If paying 225 per kilowatt hour would eventually translate to 20 hours of power a day, they would grab it with both hands.

Power theft should not be treated with kid gloves. Everyone suffers. Bills may be high to cover the loss of stolen power. Start charging repeat offenders to court. If mighty edifices of so called untouchables were razed down in Abuja, Lagos and Ibadan, I don't see the big deal about these relative small timers.

1 Like

Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by marvrick: 9:04am On Apr 06
[quote author=abc115 post=129282071][/quote]

This is a fat lie. Government fines government. Money is still with the government.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by 18wheeler: 3:38pm On Apr 06
This should be extended to JEDC too. Unfortunately for me, I bought units on the day the review was announced and I was billed on the new rate. 41.86 units for N10000. When I called to complain/seek clarification next day I got an apology that my area was mistakenly categorized as band A but that we have been returned to our proper category after 24hours. About a refund of the excess, the guy just told me sorry and that was it.
Re: NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff by slowice(m): 6:40pm On Apr 06
I use to pay between 20-25k month in my business place. A band D customer but today phcn gave me a bill of 80k. The painful part is that power didn't even improve. I get less Tham 3hrs of electricity daily and worse on some days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Gombe/jos/bauchi Division Commander An Igbo / Aisha Alhassan Formally Decamps To PDP, Gives Reasons / Court Awards Cristiano Ronaldo $300k As Compensation Over False Rape Case (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.