Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates (3186 Views)

What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates / South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes / FFK Replies El-Rufai: Northerners Have Looted Nigeria More Than Other Regions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by sunboy(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
The SW people are afraid of breakup. They've always been!

The SW has never been afraid of breakup, infact we have always prepared for it. An example are the investment companies that has remained funded since their establishment simply for regional development.

The SW not screaming about it cos we know the time isnโ€™t right. Also, we will always support the Nigerian project until itโ€™s time. Thereโ€™s no point screaming about it.
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by sunboy(m): 3:47pm On Apr 07
Goodvibes007:

Heck, Awolowo.pushed for secession twice to be added into the constitution - the right way to do it without violence. Azikwe Mr One Nigeria said No.
If Nigeria breaks up today, I will relocate to Nigeria within one year.

Please educate these kids sir ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by SS777(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07
bolaayenimo:
I have this strong belief that the unity of Nigeria is holding down the South West. If the three regions of North, East and West is allowed to become independent countries, the West will leave other regions behind in many areas.

Though i agree the East may do well in business (economy) while the North will do well in agriculture..

The West will survive in all indices

Because of Lagos, primitive mindset.
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by predictor1: 3:52pm On Apr 07
Neckpresser101:

Again , Necessity is the mother of invention.

Go and read about Philadelphia in the 1800s and early 1900s and what its like Today compared to then.
America is completely a developed country. Unlike West Africa which is largely backward. How many cities are as developed as Lagos in West Africa? Let them break up Nigeria, is it Anambra or Kano that will compete with Lagos? grin
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by DMerciful(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07
You know the truth.
sunboy:

The SW has never been afraid of breakup, infact we have always prepared for it. An example are the investment companies that has remained funded since their establishment simply for regional development.

The SW not screaming about it cos we know the time isnโ€™t right. Also, we will always support the Nigerian project until itโ€™s time. Thereโ€™s no point screaming about it.

1 Like

Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by nairavsdollars(f): 5:37pm On Apr 07
Just allow the South-East leave and see real development and economic growth. Igbos are the ones driving Lagos economy
SS777:

Because of Lagos, primitive mindset.
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by predictor1: 6:06pm On Apr 07
nairavsdollars:
Just allow the South-East leave and see real development and economic growth. Igbos are the ones driving Lagos economy
Indeed. grin With those boys selling gala on 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by AmuDimpka: 7:16pm On Apr 07
mrvitalis:

South West would be the worst hit in the first 10 to 25 years

Long term you might be correct but short term? The recession you would experience would be unprecedented in Nigeria

Is housing market collapse due to law demand and rapid sell off?

Drop in ports activity

Drop in aviation activities?

Relocation of companies owned by Nigerians
from other region?

Massive capital outflow would be bloody

The oil industry relocation alone would do harm

Banks asset would be reduced by 70% minimum

Oh please
and capital flight

Don't mind Yoruba and bragging
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by Sapasenator: 7:25pm On Apr 07
I am Igbo and I agree with the op.

Geographically, the SW has a big advantage with Lagos being the capital of the new SW.
Also, SW are loyal to each other. See the way everyone supported Tinubu , SW people can line up behind one leader but if you come to the east, everyone is a big man.
Igbo e'nwe eze. Even the eastern states never cooperate or work together on anything. There is too much ego in my SE with lots of emotions.
Also, east is landlocked excluding the Niger Delta.

If Nigeria separates, SW will be way better than the rest.
Why do you think everyone is rushing to the SW?
Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by OfficialAPCNig: 2:11pm On Apr 08
Cosbyrich:

So you will believe fake stats than original stats and reality? grin
Is it the Yorubas that are fleeing SW to the SE in millions because of poverty?

If people are fleeing SE, how come SE has bigger regional GDP than the 5 Yoruba states (Ogun, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti, and Osun)?

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates by OfficialAPCNig: 2:12pm On Apr 08
Sapasenator:
I am Igbo and I agree with the op.

Geographically, the SW has a big advantage with Lagos being the capital of the new SW.
Also, SW are loyal to each other. See the way everyone supported Tinubu , SW people can line up behind one leader but if you come to the east, everyone is a big man.
Igbo e'nwe eze. Even the eastern states never cooperate or work together on anything. There is too much ego in my SE with lots of emotions.
Also, east is landlocked excluding the Niger Delta.

If Nigeria separates, SW will be way better than the rest.
Why do you think everyone is rushing to the SW?
Yoruba man, we don hear ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Week / US Backs Jonathan As Ex-lawmaker Sues Nass / Lagos Private Schools Protest Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.