Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency (47753 Views)

China And Russia To Create A New Gold-backed Currency / Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings / Hurricane Irma Live Updates: Florida Battered, Heading Towards Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by correctguy101(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05
tojahh:
May we not go the Zinc way tho grin

Nigeria's already on the path... cheesy tongue

Where's the Kobo? Only on papergrin

1 to 20naira are already dead. 50naira is on life sustenance and will surely kick jerrycan and expire like the others.

100naira has little or no value as you can't even get 100seeds of groundnuts for 100naira...

So tell me, which road you think say Nigeria dey?

Smh

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Image123(m): 7:33pm On Apr 05
Hmm, experiments.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Xpol: 7:34pm On Apr 05
Godjone:
grin

When i was in LAGOS those days, there is this stench in ikeja very close to the police college. It was a smelly, toxic and muddy stench. Back then, it was popularly referred to as Zimbabwe.. .

So Zimbabwe is still the Zimbabwe of yesteryears NA wao

In police college ikeja we called all the dumping ground (refuse) Zimbabwe, so it's not just a particular one.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Jaxx123: 7:34pm On Apr 05
Experience the magic of a revolutionary centralized market, offering $1,350 free to every user, plus jaw-dropping weekly salaries every five days!

(Complete Review Neptune)

Towards the end of last year, a new centralized market emerged, just like Binance and other markets. They are giving out an airdrop to people worth $1,350 immediately after registering on their app.

Many never took it so seriously because that is the same way SuperEX did the previous year, while many labored heavily but saw no returns.

I did not take theirs seriously just because of my experience with SuperEX.

Early this year, they released their app officially.

The name of this company is called Neptune.

Many people who participate in my area began to call my attention to what was going on in the market and wallet.

I quickly checked my account. (In fact, I had forgotten my password, lol)

I asked my friend to please tell me how to catch up with this project as many of them are smiling.

He asked me to sit down, and he explained everything to me step by step.

Neptune is a new centralized market digital asset platform.

All you need is to trade something on your wallet called DeFi immediately after signing up.

You sign up, deposit your choice into the system, and you get massive profit every 5 days.

"What about the free $1350 given to you?" I asked.

"Each time you make a withdrawal every five days, you get a part of the money released for you." "Ha, really?" I was surprised.

"What happens to my capital?" I asked.

"The funny thing about the project is your capital remains with you. That is, when you make a profit, your capital stands out while you make a profit."

"The magic I always tell every user is to use their calculator called Compounding to get higher money every five days!"

"But wait, how are they making their own profit?" I asked.

"The native token of the exchange is called NT. The name was derived from their brand name Neptune. This token is trading just like we have BNB, etc. The token is now trading at $0.28, which is a great opportunity for you to buy more. The funny part is you can only store this token now only as a user. They make their money selling their token."

I was so amazed after listening to all these facts.

I signed up immediately.

I downloaded the app and activated it.

$1350 was given to me immediately.

I was happy but still thinking 🤔 how.

I deposited $200 into my wallet; after the countdown of 5 days to cash out was displayed on the app.

I have been busy with my daily activities.

Seriously, I have forgotten that I did something in the past.

My friend called me, "Hey, Alex, have you compounded your investment on Neptune?"

Ha! OMG! It's already 15 days oooooo instead of 5 days.

The amazement I found was the money has grown beyond my expectations and, in fact, it's still growing until you click stop (menu on the app).

Ha! I have never seen a wonderful exchange like this.

The journey so far with Neptune has brought really testimony and transformation unto me.

Are you really looking for real and confirmed investment opportunities? Check Neptune out.

It's just too simple.

✓ Sign up
✓ Download the app
✓ Activate your account
✓ Deposit
✓ Trade DeFi
✓ Withdraw after 5 days.

Talk to me for more help and guidance.

http://www.clementmotivates.com.ng/2024/03/experience-magic-of-revolutionary.html

olurantiprofile@gmail.com

234-8060180077

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Kurugu92(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05
chinchum:
I thought obasanjo advised we contact Zimbabwe on how to combat inflation.

Goody two shoes Baba.
you are deliberating on a man that has dementia advice?
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by DeepSight(m): 7:41pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:

Commodity correlated currencies. There are plenty of examples of countries where their wealth and currencies are able to be tracked and correlated to a specific commodity or multiple commodities.
The value of the Australian dollar despite not being backed by their commodity asset (Iron) officially, it still has a significant effect on their currency. Many countries have a currency that is closely linked to oil with currency and economic fluctuations coinciding with oil price changes and availability. These include large economies such as Canada, Russia, Columbia and Norway. These are all large exporters of oil, a commodity with a high value in today’s world that relies upon it as a resource.
There are no currencies that are backed directly by gold. However, this doesn’t mean that gold or other commodities are irrelevant to their economy or currency. The Zimbabwe ZiG is backed by both gold and foreign currencies.

Grammar. You said there are many countries with gold backed currency and now you admit that is false. Period. No long thing.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by MrPaul2: 7:42pm On Apr 05
bassdow:
Gaddafi of Libya tried this, we know how it ended. hopefully, this president, who means well, have equally secured himself and his country very well. WESTern powers no dey like make anyOne try deDollarize.

But wait Ooo, Russia gan sef no well. na dem cause all these Depolarization
The bolded is the solution to Africa Economy, if we must grow Economically.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Lawag3: 7:45pm On Apr 05
Skooltynz:
The whole Africa should adopt a single currency like Europe I believe it will help our respective economies.

Yabatech partime form is now out, will close fifteenth of next month the earlier you apply the higher you chances of admission.if interest ed call
zero eight one two four zero six four three five three .

I think say na Yaba left before.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by TUANKU(m): 7:46pm On Apr 05
DeepSight:

Grammar. You said there are many countries with gold backed currency and now you admit that is false. Period. No long thing.
What is false you dork?
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:51pm On Apr 05
RemoveKebab:
They are about to get the American freedom grin
If you know you know.
that's there definition of freedom right? 😂😂. But America funny Sha, they were throwing food for Palestinians and giving bombs 💣 to Isreal. 😆
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by VanuatuWycombe: 7:52pm On Apr 05
Hope their economy won’t be zigzagging.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by RaptorX: 8:00pm On Apr 05
Asonaijaaso:
Finally. I was wondering how long before they knew what to do.
Africa should back all its currency to the natural resources they produce
And watch money flow into Africa
This is what Gaddafi proposed that got him un-alived.
The Libyan people looking stupid now allowing themselves to be used in destroying a once prosperous country. The democracy they were promised is now a mirage and even the Egyptians are back under another lifetime dictator in AL sisi, so much for the Arab spring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by BRATISLAVA: 8:01pm On Apr 05
Theatrics.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Ibeme: 8:03pm On Apr 05
CCIA:
grin
Dangote fit bail that country out anytime anyday. grin

how can a whole country be backed by only $100 million cash and $185 million gold reserve making a total of $285 million grin grin

Comedian country
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Segzy19: 8:05pm On Apr 05
Way to go but the imperialists would do everything to thwart this.... I hope Zimbabwe is well prepared
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Asonaijaaso: 8:09pm On Apr 05
RenaissanceGuy:
Please, you people should stop this propaganda already. The man was a casualty of the Arab Spring that brought down a lot of Arab governments and the way he was trying to use the military to crush his own led to a civil war, the same way Syria's own has also led to a 12-year old war.

You my friend are naive to the ways of the world.
Live happily as a virgin of knowledge in your bliss.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by LordIsaac(m): 8:12pm On Apr 05
Ours will be “Nig0” short for “Nigerian Oil.”

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Ibeme: 8:12pm On Apr 05
Conspiracy theories have finished Africans minds

Otherwise how will someone launch currency with $285m of gold and call it "backed by gold"

Zimbabwe are crazy.

Any random country has billions in gold reserves and don't claim their currency to be "backed by gold"
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by mariahAngel(f): 8:13pm On Apr 05
Ibeme:
Conspiracy theories have finished Africans minds

Otherwise how will someone launch currency with $285m if gold and call it "backed by gold"

Zimbabwe are crazy.

Any random country has billions in gold reserves and don't claim their currency to be "backed by gold"

Are you from Ibeme?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Ibeme: 8:15pm On Apr 05
mariahAngel:

Are you from Ibeme?

No
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by mariahAngel(f): 8:20pm On Apr 05
Ibeme:

No

Oh! Okay.

If you don't mind me asking; how did you come about your moniker?
What inspired it?
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by DeepSight(m): 8:21pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:

What is false you dork?

Its up to you to reconcile these statements -

Statement 1 -

TUANKU:

Many currencies are backed by gold...

Statement 2 -

TUANKU:

There are no currencies that are backed directly by gold.

Statement 3 -

TUANKU:

Sorry Einstein i have no idea about commodity correlated currencies. That the gold standard is gone does not mean commodities like gold and iron are not used to back currencies.
It happens in Australia, Norway, Colombia, Canada...you can go check it out Einstein cheesy
What a dork you are.

But what is the fact of the matter? -

Which Countries are on the Gold Standard in 2024?
As of 2022, none of the world's countries use the gold standard. However, several countries used it in the past

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/what-countries-are-on-the-gold-standard-today

Pride is a stupid and terrible thing.

You were wrong. You even admitted that you were wrong. But on account of pride, you first try grammar, then you resort to insults.
Enjoy.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:

Many currencies are backed by gold...and it did not lead to civil war.
NL Einsteins...The gold standard was dropped, there are no currencies that are backed directly by gold. However, this doesn’t mean that gold or other commodities are irrelevant to their economy or currency. There are plenty of examples of countries where their wealth and currencies are able to be tracked and correlated to a specific commodity or multiple commodities. For example, The Australian Dollar is sensitive to changes in iron prices as they are the largest exporter of iron worldwide. Many countries have a currency that is closely linked to oil with currency and economic fluctuations coinciding with oil price changes and availability. These include large economies such as Canada, Russia, Columbia and Norway.
There is correlation between commodity and currency...they have an effect on a currency that can be seen and tracked they are not directly backed by these commodities.
The Zimbabwe ZiG is backed by both gold and foreign currencies.
Prof. Economics, biko warris our naira tied to?
no insult, na lecture I want!
cool
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by DeepSight(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05
RaptorX:
The Libyan people looking stupid now allowing themselves to be used in destroying a once prosperous country. The democracy they were promised is now a mirage and even the Egyptians are back under another lifetime dictaor in AL sisi, so much for the Arab spring.

In real life, after the French Revolution, the French ended up with Napoleon, an Emperor.

In the book, "Animal Farm" after the Animal Revolution, they still ended up with another Napoleon.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05
VanuatuWycombe:
Hope their economy won’t be zigzagging.
or zigginwagging!
grin
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by TUANKU(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05
DeepSight:
Its up to you to reconcile these statements -

Statement 1 -

Statement 2 -

Statement 3 -

But what is the fact of the matter? -

Which Countries are on the Gold Standard in 2024?
As of 2022, none of the world's countries use the gold standard. However, several countries used it in the past

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/what-countries-are-on-the-gold-standard-today

Pride is a stupid and terrible thing.

You were wrong. You even admitted that you were wrong. But on account of pride, you first try grammar, then you resort to insults.
Enjoy.

I just mentioned few currencies backed by commodities, yes the gold standard is gone but currencies are still backed by commodities like gold and others. Take away the gold at fort know and see if the value of the US dollar remains the same.
Again you are really a dork.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by DeepSight(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05
MichaelSokoto:

cool

Please dont collect lecture from someone who doesnt know that the gold standard was phased out more than fifty years ago when Richard Nixon adopted fiat currency.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by DeepSight(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:

I just mentioned few currencies backed by commodities, yes the gold standard is gone but currencies are still backed by commodities like gold and others. Take away the gold at fort know and see if the value of the US dollar remains the same.
Again you are really a dork.

The value of the dollar has jack shit to do with the gold at Fort Knox. The dollar is fiat money.
Its laughable watching you embarrass yourself more and more.

I have told, you, pride is a stupid and terrible thing.
"Oh I didnt know," will not kill you. No one knows every thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by TUANKU(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05
MichaelSokoto:

cool
Clifford Orji...Ask your CBN Governor that question.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:31pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:

Clifford Orji...Ask your CBN Governor that question.
issorite!
cool
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by martineverest(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05
Skooltynz:
The whole Africa should adopt a single currency like Europe I believe it will help our respective economies.

Yabatech partime form is now out, will close fifteenth of next month the earlier you apply the higher you chances of admission.if interest ed call
zero eight one two four zero six four three five three .

ECOWAS tried doing it,but French govt was against it....they clearly want CFA to temain6in francophone counties

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tailor Beheaded For Sharing Politician's Blasphemy Post Online In India (photos) / 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For / Al-Shabab Attacks Joint US-Kenyan Military Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.