Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency (47751 Views)

China And Russia To Create A New Gold-backed Currency / Russian-Backed LPR Occupies Rubizhne, Takes Over Government Buildings / Hurricane Irma Live Updates: Florida Battered, Heading Towards Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:17am On Apr 06
Frayoworld:
No b only zig na WIG
grin grin grin
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by darediamond(m): 5:28am On Apr 06
bassdow:
Can see Logo of RT on microPhone, and RT na Russian based News outlet.
Shows that Russia get hand for this matter.
Of course, Russia is RIGTH and that is what she is promoting via BRICS that let every Nation of the world use there respective Currencies to Trade with one another instead using the one Backed by Lies, War MONGERING and Drug Pushing which is the awkward USA Currency called dollar. This one of the main Reason why I like Vladimir Putin and Russians generally. They believe they are Not The Only Super Powerful Nation and The Other Ones Must BE RESPECTED as well as other Nations that are upcoming.

Unlike those ferocious Animals in Western Europe who says Africa is there property and present "AID" instead of Partnership.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Lanretoye(m): 5:37am On Apr 06
chinchum:
I thought obasanjo advised we contact Zimbabwe on how to combat inflation.

Goody two shoes Baba.
in terms of economy,what do we have in common with Zimbabwe?
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by darediamond(m): 5:50am On Apr 06
bassdow:
Gaddafi of Libya tried this, we know how it ended. hopefully, this president, who means well, have equally secured himself and his country very well. WESTern powers no dey like make anyOne try deDollarize.

But wait Ooo, Russia gan sef no well. na dem cause all these deDollarization
See if world war 3 start today, Western Europe is a gonner because only few African Nations would allingn with them against the Global South. There can Never be a One World Order. Multipolar World Order Is the Deal where all Tribes and Tongues with there respective Currency Must BE RESPECTED. No Tribe is less Important and that is what BRICS+ is saying.

Russia is gradually dismantling Francophone and Anglophone non-beneficial parasitic grip of African Nations. This why the Napoleon Reincarnated boy- Macron- was calling on his NATO friends to send NATO soldiers to UKRAIN recently to FIgth there Great Great Grandpa, RUSSIYA. But which Italy scolded him over. Even NATO chief, Jens .S. and yes the mighty USA don't dare do such as PUTIN repeatedly warned them of Total equal HORROR TERROR if they DARE RUSSIA in UKRAIN.

They want to keep African Nations Under Developed while they life prosperously in USA and western Europe.

It is High time all African Nations Unite to Dismantle anything that represents International Monetary Fund in there respective country. Shut down there office totally like General Sani Abacha did during is Sensible Military Leadership Of Nigeria

Western European Nations especially France, Britain, Portugal and Spain must be made to pay for there Attrocities against Africa and other Continents they colonized with Reckless Abaddon. We are starting first by Dedollarization.

2012 is not 2024; we are more United now in Africa than back then when they Killed Ghadafi with there covert human RIGTH bullshit.

BRICS+ all the way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Timoleon(m): 6:43am On Apr 06
RenaissanceGuy:
Please, you people should stop this propaganda already. The man was a casualty of the Arab Spring that brought down a lot of Arab governments and the way he was trying to use the military to crush his own led to a civil war, the same way Syria's own has also led to a 12-year old war.

You are the one who is spreading propaganda.

USA NATO went into Iraq to save the people from sadam's oppression, the result was that USA created military bases in the oil regions. Shipping out oil steadily unquestioned

USA flies in to save syrians from a civil it orchestrated and sponsors. Today it occupies a third of Syria and yes that third is the oil and wheat producing area if Syria

NATO again flies into Libya to rescue the people from their leader, a few years later, British petroleum and she'll gets control of Libyan oil.

My sincere hope is that you are getting paid for spreading propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by viralinfo: 6:59am On Apr 06
Currency changing is not the best way to solve africa problem, to solve our problem in Africa is going cashless, encourage local manufactural of chemical for livestock agricultural( micro nutrient production and antibiotic), and drugs for human, provide constant light...if u notice most develop country are majorly into drugs production for livestock nd human like china and hollad
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Ezemann(m): 7:25am On Apr 06
Trial and error government
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by RenaissanceGuy: 7:59am On Apr 06
Timoleon:

USA NATO went into Iraq to save the people from sadam's oppression, the result was that USA created military bases in the oil regions. Shipping out oil steadily unquestioned
USA flies in to save syrians from a civil it orchestrated and sponsors. Today it occupies a third of Syria and yes that third is the oil and wheat producing area if Syria
NATO again flies into Libya to rescue the people from their leader, a few years later, British petroleum and she'll gets control of Libyan oil.
Did US allies in persons of the presidents of Yemen, Egypt, Tunisia not lose their offices due to the protests that engulfed the Arab nations in 2011? I'm not saying America did not have grudge against Gaddafi due to many reasons including the bombing of Panam flight and several others, but singling out his suggestion for the creation of a united States of Africa as the reason he died in a war, doesn't fit in.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by epainos: 8:03am On Apr 06
TUANKU:

Many currencies are backed by gold...and it did not lead to civil war.
NL Einsteins...The gold standard was dropped, there are no currencies that are backed OFFICIALLY by gold anymore since Switzerland in year 2000. However, this doesn’t mean that gold or other commodities are irrelevant to their economy or currency. There are plenty of examples of countries where their wealth and currencies are able to be tracked and correlated to a specific commodity or multiple commodities. For example, The Australian Dollar is sensitive to changes in iron prices as they are the largest exporter of iron worldwide. Many countries have a currency that is closely linked to oil with currency and economic fluctuations coinciding with oil price changes and availability. These include large economies such as Canada, Russia, Columbia and Norway.
There is correlation between commodity and currency...they have an effect on a currency that can be seen and tracked even when they are not directly backed by these commodities.
The Zimbabwe ZiG is backed by both gold and foreign currencies.
Nice analysis.

Please, look at the bolded part. Kindly give me sources I can use to investigate what backs world currencies. As in to know the one for each country. And also charts.

Also, what is gold's price directly or inversely correlated to?
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by TUANKU(m): 8:07am On Apr 06
epainos:

Nice analysis.

Please, look at the bolded part. Kindly give me sources I can use to investigate what backs world currencies. As in to know the one for each country. And also charts.

Also, what is gold's price directly or inversely correlated to?
Okay. Just give me some time i will surely get back to you. Thanks.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by michigang: 8:30am On Apr 06
mariahAngel:

Go first learn how to begin your sentence with a capital letter.

Olodo rabata!
this is why I like you. You are very intelligent. Not just a cook
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by ellizy(m): 8:40am On Apr 06
Skooltynz:
The whole Africa should adopt a single currency like Europe I believe it will help our respective economies.

Yabatech partime form is now out, will close fifteenth of next month the earlier you apply the higher you chances of admission.if interest ed call
zero eight one two four zero six four three five three .

The great!
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by richeeyo(m): 10:13am On Apr 06
TUANKU:

Sorry Einstein i have no idea about commodity correlated currencies. That the gold standard is gone does not mean commodities like gold and iron are not used to back currencies.
It happens in Australia, Norway, Colombia, Canada...you can go check it out Einstein cheesy
What a dork you are.
For you you to come here attacking me based on simple economics it's fine
Now go do some digging about poor countries who wanted to go same direction
Go read Gold and Paper
And stop proving jss2 economic
Gaddafis problems started
When he wanted to go gold regionally on common currency for sub Sahara afric

You still have a lot to learn about global conflict
Sadam had enough gold yet he went to Rob Kuwait
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Darealrick(m): 11:15am On Apr 06
Money looking so much like paper.
I don't think much thought was put into designing it
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Looter100: 2:30pm On Apr 06
Tohmey:

I tire ooo
Not even upto $1bn
Africans have more way to go
you dey mad, we're the originals where do you think this white idiots are from Ogun kill you,USA them don steal most of the gold incase dollar crash ajeh you dey mad,na illuminati dey control tinubu why you think Dem forget hin drugs case I swear una never see suffer for this country
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Looter100: 2:34pm On Apr 06
Darealrick:
you're very stupid so you think paper made from wood should shine like gold ajeh you dey mad
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Looter100: 2:35pm On Apr 06
Darealrick:
money is a word and paper is from wood are you this mad
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Looter100: 2:35pm On Apr 06
richeeyo:

For you you to come here attacking me based on simple economics it's fine
Now go do some digging about poor countries who wanted to go same direction
Go read Gold and Paper
And stop proving jss2 economic
Gaddafis problems started
When he wanted to go gold regionally on common currency for sub Sahara afric

You still have a lot to learn about global conflict
Sadam had enough gold yet he went to Rob Kuwait
you dey craze the idiot when really create economics don later make you mad
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Looter100: 2:37pm On Apr 06
Ezemann:
Trial and error government
create your own very stupid black man
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Looter100: 2:39pm On Apr 06
Timoleon:

you dey mad broda and you think US no need saving from this transitioning humans to demons were
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Timoleon(m): 5:32pm On Apr 06
Looter100:
you dey mad broda and you think US no need saving from this transitioning humans to demons were

I'm not sure your who you intended to send your reply. It has no correlation to my post, neither does it have a correlation to the thread.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by richeeyo(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06
Looter100:
you dey craze the idiot when really create economics don later make you mad
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by RenaissanceGuy: 7:35pm On Apr 06
Looter100:
you dey ajeh na only us dey find allies up and down and you know really know the reason behind it very person
God will heal you, in Jesus' name.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Evolutionism: 9:50pm On Apr 06
michigang:
you never change. When are you getting married

Nobody will marry that one. She is always sad.
Re: Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency by Tohmey(m): 1:02am On Apr 07
Looter100:
you dey mad, we're the originals where do you think this white idiots are from Ogun kill you,USA them don steal most of the gold incase dollar crash ajeh you dey mad,na illuminati dey control tinubu why you think Dem forget hin drugs case I swear una never see suffer for this country
shocked kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iran Executes Man Convicted Of Spying On General Qassem Soleimani Killed By US / Tailor Beheaded For Sharing Politician's Blasphemy Post Online In India (photos) / 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.