Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today (44712 Views)

My Brother Brought Home 2 Monkeys This Morning (photos) / The Grasscutter And Bush Rat We Caught During Hunting / The Grasscutter My 404 Dogs Killed This Morning.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Atlantis585: 2:45am On Apr 17
You mean the big rat your brother brought home?
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Dynamicboss: 4:37am On Apr 17
pretydiva:
Not a fan of anything Bush meat

Because of the gamey taste right? It is more healthy though
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Nwtptx(m): 4:58am On Apr 17
This is the Giant African Rat (cricetomys gambianus).Was part of my project work back at the University
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Weknowbetter: 5:16am On Apr 17
RATS. You want to stuff your fat face and look down your wide nose at people but you eat RATS
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by YorubaKing: 5:32am On Apr 17
OKOATA:
Oga na grass cutter be this. So if e no be grass cutter wetin e con be?

Giant Jerry! grin
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Kurugu92(m): 5:43am On Apr 17
flyinnizam:
grasscutter 5-7k. which planet u dey abeg
ask am

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Kurugu92(m): 5:45am On Apr 17
OKOATA:
Lol. Bros you funny o. How dem won stop am. Do you even know how many hunters we have in Nigeria and do you know the amount of hunters hunting daily? See bro all these wild animals can't be exterminated unless God or nature wants it so. Most of this animals are so bountiful in the forest so they won't go extinct.
hunters even get association
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Oritna94(m): 5:58am On Apr 17
flyinnizam:
Leopard? what year ?

So you don't know that leopards were in Nigeria? Check your history books. Leopards roamed the savanna of middle and northern Nigeria. Now they are no more due to hunting and urbanisation.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by pretydiva(f): 6:15am On Apr 17
Dynamicboss:

Because of the gamey taste right? It is more healthy though
Not really. Probably the sight of it
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by greatseed: 6:18am On Apr 17
fidelmarshal199:
Your brother is on a mission to exterminate every wild animals. He needs to be stopped
Here we go again! So your teachers taught you that grass-cutter is a wild animal right ? It is not. Guess u being sarcastic though, but if not. Read Abt Carnivores, herbivore, omnivores etc.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Stayingalive: 7:20am On Apr 17
OKOATA:
That's because nature wants it so thats why it's threatened and no matter how it's threatened if nature says it won't go extinct it wont. Gold and Diamond would have gone extinct with the whole digging man has done around the world yet Gold and Diamond still in the ground.
It seem you havenโ€™t been doing research then,

Passenger pigeon - this animal went into extinction because of human

Western black rhinoceros - this animal was declared extinct due to poaching by humans

Yangtze River Dolphin - declared extinct due to human exploitation

The Quagga - This Zebra was hunted into extinction by humans. It was last seen in South Africa

Zanzibar Leopard - it has last been seen once or twice in the last five years. Scientist feared it is extinct due to aggressive hunting by humans

West African Black Rhino - officially declared extinct

Over 200 years now we have alot of substantial animal humans has successfully hunted to extinction
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by deleking(m): 7:45am On Apr 17
๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’ 25๐’Œ
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Dynamicboss: 7:55am On Apr 17
pretydiva:

Not really. Probably the sight of it

lol. If the sight is the issue, no problem. I will change your perspective. I will garnish it with egusi soup and pounded yam. Send me your location via cloud tongue
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by pretydiva(f): 8:16am On Apr 17
Dynamicboss:

lol. If the sight is the issue, no problem. I will change your perspective. I will garnish it with egusi soup and pounded yam. Send me your location via cloud tongue
Bush meat inside egusi soup? You don worsen am be that nau
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Dynamicboss: 8:22am On Apr 17
pretydiva:

Bush meat inside egusi soup? You don worsen am be that nau

Ah! Aunty, where I for put am Oo? Any suggestions? shocked
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by pretydiva(f): 8:24am On Apr 17
Dynamicboss:

Ah! Aunty, where I for put am Oo? Any suggestions? shocked
I no just Dey eat bush meat all. Maybe I havenโ€™t really tasted a well garnished and prepared bush meat tho
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Dynamicboss: 8:29am On Apr 17
pretydiva:

I no just Dey eat bush meat all. Maybe I havenโ€™t really tasted a well garnished and prepared bush meat tho

lol na me go change your mind. I will let you know when I am ready. Once you eat it, you will forget about turkey.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by OKOATA(m): 8:36am On Apr 17
Stayingalive:

It seem you havenโ€™t been doing research then,

Passenger pigeon - this animal went into extinction because of human

Western black rhinoceros - this animal was declared extinct due to poaching by humans

Yangtze River Dolphin - declared extinct due to human exploitation

The Quagga - This Zebra was hunted into extinction by humans. It was last seen in South Africa

Zanzibar Leopard - it has last been seen once or twice in the last five years. Scientist feared it is extinct due to aggressive hunting by humans

West African Black Rhino - officially declared extinct

Over 200 years now we have alot of substantial animal humans has successfully hunted to extinction
I checked google, for the pigeons they were in billions and humans hunted them into extinction? Do you know how hard it is to kill a bird? And why would billions of birds just wipe off like that? Can humans kill billions of birds into extinction for no reason? Need to say nature extinct them. Go read more on them and you will find out they went extinct naturally.

For the Dolphins humans can't hunt dolphins into extinction, do you even know that man has only been able to explore just 5% of the sea since it's inception of man exploration? So how can man that explored just 5% of the sea now hunt dolphins into extinction? Or have you forgotten that nature sometimes sends fishes down to the earth. I'm sure you have read about fallen fishes from the sky? Need to say if the dolphin you say gone extinct might still be in other parts of the unexplored sea or nature killed it by herself.

For the leopard and Rhino well all I know is that there are still other leopards that still exist but for the Rhino I might have to support you because I know pochers hunt them for their tusk but that doesn't mean some people don't rear Rhino at the zoos or for personal pet keeping so need to say anything that will go extinct will have a hand of nature in it.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by pretydiva(f): 8:39am On Apr 17
Dynamicboss:

lol na me go change your mind. I will let you know when I am ready. Once you eat it, you will forget about turkey.
Lol๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Stayingalive: 8:46am On Apr 17
OKOATA:
I checked google, for the pigeons they were in billions and humans hunted them into extinction? Do you know how hard it is to kill a bird? And why would billions of birds just wipe off like that? Can humans kill billions of birds into extinction for no reason? Need to say nature extinct them. Go read more on them and you will find out they went extinct naturally.

For the Dolphins humans can't hunt dolphins into extinction, do you even know that man has only been able to explore just 5% of the sea since it's inception of man exploration? So how can man that explored just 5% of the sea now hunt dolphins into extinction? Or have you forgotten that nature sometimes sends fishes down to the earth. I'm sure you have read about fallen fishes from the sky? Need to say if the dolphin you say gone extinct might still be in other parts of the unexplored sea or nature killed it by herself.

For the leopard and Rhino well all I know is that there are still other leopards that still exist but for the Rhino I might have to support you because I know pochers hunt them for their tusk but that doesn't mean some people don't rear Rhino at the zoos or for personal pet keeping so need to say anything that will go extinct will have a hand of nature in it.

Which one is fish falling from sky? Are we been serious here youโ€™re sitting untop rumors?

The passenger pigeon I never stated we hunted it, they lost most of their habitat to humans and declined drastically before finally going into extinction. Many animal today are alive because sanctuary grounds we later created for them where heavy security started guarding them.

Human haunting and natural habitat depletion will keep pushing more animals to brink of extinction. Africa we almost have no data of this animal. I know by now some of this wild animal have gone into extinction is some part of Africa and we donโ€™t even know.

About last year more than 5000 elephants were killed in the wild and tusks were missing. Whales today are threatened as their numbers decline every year, thanks to sanctuary ground for helping else by now we fit no get pass five whales . Now penguin are also threatened due to lack of fish for feeding in some areas with heavy fishing. Some species Lynx needed science intervention else it would have gone to extinction. Lions in Africa, if not for zoo would go into extinction in no time.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by OKOATA(m): 9:18am On Apr 17
Stayingalive:

Which one is fish falling from sky? Are we been serious here youโ€™re sitting untop rumors?

The passenger pigeon I never stated we hunted it, they lost most of their habitat to humans and declined drastically before finally going into extinction. Many animal today are alive because sanctuary grounds we later created for them where heavy security started guarding them.

Human haunting and natural habitat depletion will keep pushing more animals to brink of extinction. Africa we almost have no data of this animal. I know by now some of this wild animal have gone into extinction is some part of Africa and we donโ€™t even know.

About last year more than 5000 elephants were killed in the wild and tusks were missing. Whales today are threatened as their numbers decline every year, thanks to sanctuary ground for helping else by now we fit no get pass five whales . Now penguin are also threatened due to lack of fish for feeding in some areas with heavy fishing. Some species Lynx needed science intervention else it would have gone to extinction. Lions in Africa, if not for zoo would go into extinction in no time.
You too like argument, so you didn't see fish falling from the sky but you want me to believe that whales will go extinct. The world is 70% water, man hasn't explored even 5% yet the whales are being threatened and for your info fishes falling from the sky ain't rumors..
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Stayingalive: 11:13am On Apr 17
OKOATA:
You too like argument, so you didn't see fish falling from the sky but you want me to believe that whales will go extinct. The world is 70% water, man hasn't explored even 5% yet the whales are being threatened and for your info fishes falling from the sky ain't rumors..
Stop consoling yourself with 70% water. Other land animals going into extinction nkor?
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by flyinnizam(m): 11:53am On Apr 17
Oritna94:

So you don't know that leopards were in Nigeria? Check your history books. Leopards roamed the savanna of middle and northern Nigeria. Now they are no more due to hunting and urbanisation.
Leopard are wild animals. they are free to leave Nigeria
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by flyinnizam(m): 11:54am On Apr 17
Forumites:
Grasscutter is a healthy non fat bushmeat. Go price smoked one for market. 25-30k. The meat expensive.
spot on. ur guess is good
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by flyinnizam(m): 11:55am On Apr 17
JuanDeDios:

I live in the South. I won't buy dead meat wherever I am though.
Jehovah witness and muslims
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by JuanDeDios: 12:50pm On Apr 17
flyinnizam:
Jehovah witness and muslims
For me, it's more of the way I was raised. It also shows the animal was probably killed humanely and not beaten to death by some barbarian from the Stone Age.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Ravenna: 1:43pm On Apr 17
pretydiva:
Turkey tongue
Ohun rere wun ole, Sugbon ole ko nise lapa.
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by flyinnizam(m): 2:10pm On Apr 17
JuanDeDios:

For me, it's more of the way I was raised. It also shows the animal was probably killed humanely and not beaten to death by some barbarian from the Stone Age.
yeah i understand but this grasscutter was shot with pump action

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Moscomoy1881: 2:56pm On Apr 17
Eyes dey pain you
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by pretydiva(f): 5:27pm On Apr 17
Ravenna:

Ohun rere wun ole,
Sugbon ole ko nise lapa.
Wish you same
Re: Photos Of The Grasscutter My Brother Brought Home Today by Ravenna: 9:59pm On Apr 17
pretydiva:
Wish you same
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adazi-nnukwu Distributes Palliatives To Poor Homes (photos ) / Man Dies After Drinking 4 Crates Of Beer In Lagos / Poison Alert: Plz Do Not Take This Juice, It Has Killed Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.