Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? (2709 Views)

Photos From Labour Party Support Base Hall Meeting In Port Harcourt / 2023: Osinbajo’s Support Base Swells Despite Silence / Senate Presidency: Lawan’s Support Base Suffers Heavy Blow As Saraki Power Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Judgementa1: 12:06pm On Apr 07
Ofunaofu:

I laughed out loud whenever I came across these kinds of comments on Nairaland. 

I always ask, How did Obi rig the election in the south-east?

This is someone without a single councilor from his party, LP.

Are you saying that the governors of the APC, PDP, and APGA, whose parties were front-runners in the presidential election, abandoned their party candidates to rig for Peter Obi?

S.E is traditionally PDP territory.

Prior to the elections some governor not in tune with Atiku getting the ticket broke away and constitute G5 with the sole aim of achieving a president of southern extraction.

While some supported Tinubu e.g makinde
and wike others governors of the S.E backed Obi.

Some of your governors u always blame of rigging their own election did the magic for Obi.

Or how can u explain a situation where Tinubu and Atiku scored zero in a polling booth.

Are u insinuating their party agent also voted Obi.

If Obi is so much loved how then do u explain why all the candidates even in S.E. he has backed after the presidential election has lost their election.

3 Likes

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 4:44pm On Apr 07
TouchNfollow:

We will hang out anytime am in the country...you are very brilliant.
Oh! Would be my pleasure.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 5:35pm On Apr 07
garfield1:

I do not understand you.in terms of VP,oshio will always be considered first.oshio has always been loyal to tinubu long before umahi was deputy gov.so you expect tinubu to choose umahi over him? Umahi has a chance in the sense that he was originally in anpp before joining pdp and supported tinubu butr oshiomhole is ahead....

Aligning with apc is not just individuals coming to APC,your region must start voting them well
Oh! So your party has no plans of addressing the marginalization cry of the southeast abi?

What matters is who is loyal to Tinubu. We are waiting.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 5:41pm On Apr 07
aswani:

I am happy to discuss GRV but I didn't want to conflate it with Jimmy Agbaje.

I really don't understand how Ndi Yoruba can be considered tribalists when President Tinubu lost Osun and Lagos states. In other states Tinubu won, I am certain he didn't poll more than 65%, I actually remember he won a higher percentage in some Northern states than in his own region, he also had more Northern votes in total than Ndi Yoruba ones.

Are you confusing Ndi Yoruba with Ndigbo by any chance because those were voting their own son over 85%?

I honestly don't think Pa Awo will ever consider that President Tinubu is one of his disciples but that's my personal opinion sha.

Awolowo bloc or not, the fact still stands that Ndi Yoruba are no longer on the outside looking in when it comes to National politics and that would not have happened if they are tribalistic.

Per that WhatsApp group, I thank God no one has been foolish enough to invite me becos dem go hear wen if dem try am.
I say Awo group because Obasanjo was in power as close as 1999-2007 but (some) Yoruba people still claim Yoruba has not been in power. But we know that it’s Awo group that has been sponsoring that rhetorics.

Now they are finally in power and Nigerians have seen that they are just running the country with that Awolowo template of “Yoruba first” while propagating lies and propaganda through the press.

Awolowo used his Tribune Newspaper then to sell lies against every other Nigerian tribe but his own. Tinubu has picked up from where he stopped by buying up the traditional media to dish out lies.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by aswani(m): 5:50pm On Apr 07
Penguin2:

Awolowo used his Tribune Newspaper then to sell lies against every other Nigerian tribe but his own.

Have you got examples of this? Let's start with lies against

1) Ndi Hausa
2) Ndigbo
3) Ndi Benin
4) Ndi Calabar
5) Ndi Anioma

1 lie each is enough, remember you are so confident to besmirch Awo and Tribune in the manner you have so if you fear God, you should be able to produce these quite easily and quickly too.

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by garfield1: 6:09pm On Apr 07
Penguin2:

Oh! So your party has no plans of addressing the marginalization cry of the southeast abi?

What matters is who is loyal to Tinubu. We are waiting.

Loyalty is the most important thing in politics.if you must be considered,you must give APC more votes like SS or let Lp address your cries.you will keep waiting forever as APC is not going anytime soon.besides,you have deputy speaker,minister of works,deputy whip

2 Likes

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 6:11pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
This is an Obidient space currently on that I'm in

You people don’t even know your place in the order of hierarchy.

How will El-Rufai deputize Obi? How can a majority tribe deputize a minority tribe in the context of 2027?

Ask yourself, what is El-Rufai and the North benefit if they deputize an Ibo man when they can just wait 4 more years and hold back the mantle?

Presidency is so powerful in Nigeria, it is not for kids.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 7:00pm On Apr 07
garfield1:

Loyalty is the most important thing in politics.if you must be considered,you must give APC more votes like SS or let Lp address your cries.you will keep waiting forever as APC is not going anytime soon.besides,you have deputy speaker,minister of works,deputy whip
Igbos will rather drown in the Atlantic than vote for APC especially with all the trash that Tinubu supporters always talk against Igbos.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 7:18pm On Apr 07
LegendHero:

How will El-Rufai deputize Obi? How can a majority tribe deputize a minority tribe in the context of 2027?

Ask yourself, what is El-Rufai and the North benefit if they deputize an Ibo man when they can just wait 4 more years and hold back the mantle?

Lol! You people will say any illogical thing to defend whatsoever makes you feel good abi?

Namadi Sambo from Northwest Goodluck Jonathan, an Ijaw, from Southsouth. Ijaw is not even the top 3 tribe in Nigeria. But here you are claiming Elrufai from same state as Namadi Sambo is too big to deputize Obi, an Igbo man from a majority tribe?

How low can your reasoning go?

And ask yourself, why wouldn’t Elrufai jump on an opportunity to deputize Obi?

If Tinubu spends 8 years in power, when power returns to the north, Tinubu will take it to Northeast where Shettima and Ribadu are positioning to take over. That would automatically shut Elrufai out forever. Because after 8 years of Northeast presidency, power will return to south again.

Now, are you still arguing that Elrufai will not take the opportunity to become Vice President and have a shut at the presidency from a position of power in 4 or 8 years?
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07
Penguin2:

Lol! You people will say any illogical thing to defend whatsoever makes you feel good abi?

Namadi Sambo from Northwest Goodluck Jonathan, an Ijaw, from Southsouth. Ijaw is not even the top 3 tribe in Nigeria. But here you are claiming Elrufai from same state as Namadi Sambo is too big to deputize Obi, an Igbo man from a majority tribe?
Jonathan case is an anomaly. Yar’adua died and he took over. He contested that 2011 election as an incumbent so normally he will choose a Northerner as a vice.

When the North have claim to power in any election cycle, they will never play second fiddle to anyone for that ballot. Elrufai don’t need to be Vice first before he can win presidency. He is from the North!!!

The North will either contest as a front runner in 2027 but it will be ridiculous to believe North will play second fiddle to an Ibo man. For what benefit?

How low can your reasoning go?

And ask yourself, why wouldn’t Elrufai jump on an opportunity to deputize Obi?

If Tinubu spends 8 years in power, when power returns to the north, Tinubu will take it to Northeast where Shettima and Ribadu are positioning to take over. That would automatically shut Elrufai out forever. Because after 8 years of Northeast presidency, power will return to south again.

Now, are you still arguing that Elrufai will not take the opportunity to become Vice President and have a shut at the presidency from a position of power in 4 or 8 years?
So what will El-Rufai Vice to Obi achieve? Will he suddenly overthrow Obi if their ticket win or will he wait for 8 more years after Obi when age would not be on his side anymore?

If El-Rufai want to be Vice President, he would have been Tinubu vice if he so wish and if the NW caucus push that.

Obi presidency is a still dream, it can never come to fruition.

He is from a minority tribe. To challenge the status quo, he needs to have the political machinery. Aside his Ibo people and his Christian agenda, what is his true political network to infiltrate the North? Digging boreholes and eating with almajiris?

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by DMerciful(m): 8:17pm On Apr 07
Nigerians are interested in good governance and the Igbos that brought Nigeria to prominence at independence and made Nigeria the largest economy around 2013 can do it again.

The only majority nationality in Nigeria is the Igbos and thats why without gangup btw the Yorubas and Hausas, Igbos dominate!
LegendHero:

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
Nigerians are interested in good governance and the Igbos that brought Nigeria to prominence at independence and made Nigeria the largest economy around 2013 can do it again.

The only majority nationality in Nigeria is the Igbos and thats why without gangup btw the Yorubas and Hausas, Igbos dominate!

Take two doses of chloroquine to cure your delusion.

If I am from a minority tribe too, I will be deluded like you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by garfield1: 8:35pm On Apr 07
Penguin2:

Igbos will rather drown in the Atlantic than vote for APC especially with all the trash that Tinubu supporters always talk against Igbos.

That's why they will perpetually remain in the fringes

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by DMerciful(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07
You know the truth and that why the accused the Igbos of domination in those days. The rest of Nigeria had to gangup to be able to withstand Igbos.

Since 2015 that Yorubas started managing the economy, how far?
LegendHero:

Take two doses of chloroquine to cure your delusion.

If I am from a minority tribe too, I will be deluded like you.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
You know the truth and that why the accused the Igbos of domination in those days. The rest of Nigeria had to gangup to be able to withstand Igbos.

Since 2015 that Yorubas started managing the economy, how far?

What did Ibo dominate in the 1950s? Presidency or what?

Is it not the usual crumbs that Azikiwe was licking in the Northern coalition party where he played second fiddle to?

There is no time Ibo handled our economy. Being a government appointed minister is not like being the presidency.

Obasanjo handled Nigeria economy, without Yoruba people in Nigeria, this country would have been nothing.

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by DMerciful(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07
You can choose to gaslight yourself but you know the truth.

BTW, Tinubu aka Amoda Sangodele, the criminal drug baron, certificate forger, mandate thief and narcotics trafficker has been a monumental disaster!
LegendHero:

What did Ibo dominate in the 1950s? Presidency or what?

Is it not the usual crumbs that Azikiwe was licking in the Northern coalition party where he played second fiddle to?

There is no time Ibo handled our economy. Being a government appointed minister is not like being the presidency.

Obasanjo handled Nigeria economy, without Yoruba people in Nigeria, this country would have been nothing.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 8:48pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
You can choose to gaslight yourself but you know the truth.

BTW, Tinubu aka Amoda Sangodele, the criminal drug baron, certificate forger, mandate thief and narcotics trafficker has been a monumental disaster!

You can call him any name, it’s none of my business.

But he has achieved what no Ibo politician dead or alive have achieved. He was elected president through the first ballot.

And he did that by proudly saying “Yoruba Lokan”. That is a man with balls not sissies like Obi who is even afraid to identify with his tribe even tho we know that’s the game he played.

5 Likes

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by DMerciful(m): 8:59pm On Apr 07
Obi beat him hands down but he rigged in collaboration with Mahmmud and Bubu.

He is currently a disaster and Awolowo your lord would be ashamed that a thief represented the you guys
LegendHero:

You can call him any name, it’s none of my business.

But he has achieved what no Ibo politician dead or alive have achieved. He was elected president through the first ballot.

And he did that by proudly saying “Yoruba Lokan”. That is a man with balls not sissies like Obi who is even afraid to identify with his tribe even tho we know that’s the game he played.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 9:01pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
Obi beat him hands down but he rigged in collaboration with Mahmmud and Bubu.

He is currently a disaster and Awolowo your lord would be ashamed that a thief represented the you guys

Leave Awolowo alone, let baba rest in peace.

Yes Obi beat him in delusion, that’s why Obi is in Aso rock as president.

I’m sure Ojukwu will be proud of you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by DMerciful(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07
So you nor want Ojukwu to rest lije Awolowo?

Imagine you shouting that Tinubu will fix Nigeria as a master strategy.

Breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open. Master strategy with no strategy.
LegendHero:

Leave Awolowo alone, let baba rest in peace.

Yes Obi beat him in delusion, that’s why Obi is in Aso rock as president.

I’m sure Ojukwu will be proud of you.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by pocohantas(f): 10:31pm On Apr 07
DMerciful:
Hi Poco,

Nice to hear from you, hope you're good.
Can you believe a mod ban me for 3months for a very minor insult o.

Second wife? I don't even have a sidechick. My wife is performing above expectations so I need to appreciate her

I am doing well. Haha. E say na very minor insult. The mods don't give you guys breathing space in that section. Good to have you back and congrats on not taking a second wife. grin

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 11:50pm On Apr 07
garfield1:

That's why they will perpetually remain in the fringes
The dice 🎲 is rolling my gee.

Don’t be too confident
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 11:54pm On Apr 07
LegendHero:

Jonathan case is an anomaly. Yar’adua died and he took over. He contested that 2011 election as an incumbent so normally he will choose a Northerner as a vice.

When the North have claim to power in any election cycle, they will never play second fiddle to anyone for that ballot. Elrufai don’t need to be Vice first before he can win presidency. He is from the North!!!

The North will either contest as a front runner in 2027 but it will be ridiculous to believe North will play second fiddle to an Ibo man. For what benefit?

So what will El-Rufai Vice to Obi achieve? Will he suddenly overthrow Obi if their ticket win or will he wait for 8 more years after Obi when age would not be on his side anymore?

If El-Rufai want to be Vice President, he would have been Tinubu vice if he so wish and if the NW caucus push that.

Obi presidency is a still dream, it can never come to fruition.

He is from a minority tribe. To challenge the status quo, he needs to have the political machinery. Aside his Ibo people and his Christian agenda, what is his true political network to infiltrate the North? Digging boreholes and eating with almajiris?
The audacity of you to call Igbo a minority tribe, and you expect me to still waste my intellectual energy on you? Nahhhh

Pain of Tinubu’s impending loss in 2027 has made you more emotional than logical.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by garfield1: 12:20am On Apr 08
Penguin2:

The dice 🎲 is rolling my gee.

Don’t be too confident

Obi failed woefully in Muslim areas more than tinubu failed in SE.tinubu is likely to have more votes in Se than obi in Muslim north.kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by garfield1: 12:22am On Apr 08
Penguin2:

The audacity of you to call Igbo a minority tribe, and you expect me to still waste my intellectual energy on you? Nahhhh

Pain of Tinubu’s impending loss in 2027 has made you more emotional than logical.

Are you this shameless? You lost from 2025-2023,is it not obvious that analysis is not your calling? Don't you have a proper job? This is more or less a nuisance,an irritation.

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by aswani(m): 12:32am On Apr 08
Penguin2:

Una don start again wit una failed predictions. Di wan una do last time, shame no catch una as none of dem happen.

Enter house abeg, there's nothing in the horizon to suggest a President Tinubu loss.

Check out all the bye elections since he won his own and despite tighter times, APC are still holding their own all over the country, meanwhile LP are losing vote share left, right and centre.

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 12:37am On Apr 08
Penguin2:

Yes, you guys are minority. It is the Nigerian reality.

Tinubu impending loss 😂. If you can’t stop a man that boldly claim “Emi Lokan” from winning at the ballot, who will stop him when he is already wielding the power?

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 7:27am On Apr 08
LegendHero:

Yes, you guys are minority. It is the Nigerian reality.

Tinubu impending loss 😂. If you can’t stop a man that boldly claim “Emi Lokan” from winning at the ballot, who will stop him when he is already wielding the power?
It’s so funny that I used to think you were reasonable but I was wrong.

The only reason Tinubu went away with what he did in 2023 was because people trusted INEC to organize a free and fair election.

And when INEC went rogue, people believed the judiciary will address the grievances raised therefrom.

But now we have seen how useless the two institutions are, nobody is going to believe in INEC nor the judiciary anymore.

So, wait and play in 2027. Una go see movie
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by Penguin2: 7:31am On Apr 08
garfield1:

Obi failed woefully in Muslim areas more than tinubu failed in SE.tinubu is likely to have more votes in Se than obi in Muslim north.kiss the truth
Obi got more than 300k votes in Kaduna alone.

Was Tinubu’s combined votes in the entire Southeast up to half of that?

You keep telling lies to support your project.
Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by garfield1: 10:51am On Apr 08
Penguin2:

Obi got more than 300k votes in Kaduna alone.

Was Tinubu’s combined votes in the entire Southeast up to half of that?

You keep telling lies to support your project.

This is why you always talk carelessly and blindly. 98% of obi votes in kaduna were from the Christian dominated lgas.in the Muslim dominated lgas like Zaria,kad north,igabi,makarfi,kudan,sabon gari,birnin gwari,he failed massively.same thing in gombe,taraba ,adamawa where christians voted him but Muslims buried the fraud

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by LegendHero(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08
Penguin2:

It’s so funny that I used to think you were reasonable but I was wrong.

The only reason Tinubu went away with what he did in 2023 was because people trusted INEC to organize a free and fair election.

And when INEC went rogue, people believed the judiciary will address the grievances raised therefrom.

But now we have seen how useless the two institutions are, nobody is going to believe in INEC nor the judiciary anymore.

So, wait and play in 2027. Una go see movie

Cry of a loser.

Nobody rigged, your candidate just lost woefully.

—Check all the areas Peter Obi won, they are either Igbo region or Christian dominated areas.

—Obi strategists miscalculated, Christians don’t have the numbers to put him in Aso rock because you need to remove Yoruba Christians from the equation. Tribe is more potent than religion in the West.

—So on Election Day, Obi couldn’t get past the third position because the Northern christian area and minority Ibos don’t have the numbers.

—Now Obi realize the strategy mistake and now running around mosque and extending fellowship to the true Muslim North. You know what? People can see through his deceit and they will collect all his money and still not vote him.

—2027, you will start another thread crying about how you were rigged again. God give us long life to 2027 and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Southwest, Where Else Is Tinubu’s Support Base? by aswani(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08
LegendHero:

Cry of a loser.

Nobody rigged, your candidate just lost woefully.

I still don't understand why Obidients still talk about rigging when we all saw what Cynthia Okeke did for LP.

They of all people should not be bringing up rigging at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ecobank International Acquires Oceanic Bank Finally / Forbes Powerful Women:okonjo-iweala Selected, Patience Jonathan Overlooked. / Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.