Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists (15684 Views)

Many Feared Dead As Violence Erupts In Anambra Communities / Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG / Edo Election: Violence Erupts As Obaseki Arrives His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by Houseontherock1: 8:24pm On Apr 06
Jeezuzpick:

You've obviously never worked with expatriates.

Those guys, ehn, their own settlement no be here o. Police for collect ₦500, FRSC up to ₦3,000, Immigration collect tens of thousands. I have had to part with ₦30,000 to ensure one coworker of mine didn't get picked up because his work permit expired and he didn't commence processing for a new one on time.....and that was around 2014.

And don't get me started on the airport goons.

I wonder what they will be collecting now.
I understand their corrupt practices...from passport renewal to airport clearance...to the way they beg for money when they want to stamp your passport. What I don't understand is when they started harassing, assaulting and arresting people like army and police... it's a new low for them undecided
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by BondRiv: 8:30pm On Apr 06
Jeezuzpick:

You've obviously never worked with expatriates.

Those guys, ehn, their own settlement no be here o. Police for collect ₦500, FRSC up to ₦3,000, Immigration collect tens of thousands. I have had to part with ₦30,000 to ensure one coworker of mine didn't get picked up because his work permit expired and he didn't commence processing for a new one on time.....and that was around 2014.

And don't get me started on the airport goons.

I wonder what they will be collecting now.

So you assisted someone to circumvent the law and you are proud of it? You help expatriates to break our laws and then act like a victim? Honestly, you should be locked up, alongside others in that corrupt scheme. When you go to their countries, you dare not try it.

3 Likes

Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by Caleb15(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06
Ibadan peeps no too like OYTMA
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by CodeTemplar: 8:34pm On Apr 06
Mobology - the art of mob by mobs for mobs.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by Kingzmate(m): 9:06pm On Apr 06
THEY SHOULD BE FUXXKED BY VULTURES shocked

I MEAN THOSE THUGS IN UNIFORMS cool

1 Like

Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by CrossRhodes: 9:08pm On Apr 06
Nnamdi kanu call the country zoo, Una dey vex......
Is this supposed to be normal human behaviour?

1 Like

Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by yongg: 10:30pm On Apr 06
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by Mccullum: 7:25am On Apr 07
spiSeyi:
The truth is Nigeria under APC is being ruled by dictators undecided DSS weren't as ruthless to journalists under GEJ and Yaradua even OBJ. And the reason is not far fetched some journalists have sold themselves cheaply to politicians and would rather be sentimental because of bread. Any government that allows the press to be attacked is a dictator undecided

It seems you're not well informed on DSS activities in regimes of those ex-presidents you mentioned. If I release unfair DSS operations under OBJ, Yar Adua and GEJ. You'll swallow your write up or regretting your failures of not making finding before you posted it.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by lhurd: 8:22am On Apr 07
KillIgbohoN0W:

Source: Daily Post

Immigration too don dey show power... Na wa o
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by Johntimo1(m): 10:22am On Apr 07
Karemarealty288:
How did violence erupt?....I thought its free for all blows, machetes and broken bottles flying around.

Actually thought that too...lol.
Re: Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists by Dwightventures(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07
Black man is still an a*e. All pretense to modernity is only skin deep. From no school to PhD, African society is still centuries away from 2024

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone / Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Blame Kachikwu For Your Party’s Woes, Okorie Tells Tinubu / Vice President Osinbajo Submits Assets Declaration Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.