Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

20 Countries Most In Debt To China - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Countries Most In Debt To China (66795 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping / 30 Shoemakers From Abia To Travel To China For Training Programme. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by iSense247: 10:38pm On Apr 06
God1000:
This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

I'm sure we're owing IMF and world bank a lot of money too

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America

13. Belarus
Total External Debt to China (2022): $3.92 billion

Belarus ranks as the 13th country most in debt to China. It is a landlocked country situated in Eastern Europe. The total external debt of Belarus to China amounted to $3.92 billion in 2022.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:38pm On Apr 06
God1000:
This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America
Its not about corruption.

China is also very corrupt, very very corrupt.

The most corrupt amongst all is USA. Very very very corrupt.
But I don’t expect you to know all this

3 Likes

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by pansophist(m): 10:38pm On Apr 06
China is a net exporter, and they have racked up trillions of USD that they don't know what to do with it, and can't exchange it to yuan to avoid destroying the Chinese financial system.

That is why they are so benevolent in borrowing countries that need it. It's a form of soft power and a way to make the cash sanction-proof. The US can only sanction Chinese money, not the one it has lended.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Babscleaning(m): 10:40pm On Apr 06
Make china go collect country from Pakistan na hin remain

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Oracle411: 10:43pm On Apr 06
And China has a debt of Over $40 Trillion
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Benwallt(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06
Helpfromabove1:
China has another motive with some of these debt

Colonialism by debt because some of these countries can not pay back China just needs something from them either there natural resources or there [b]loyalty [/b]against US or something else

A fight for world economic power house is the game

As many more countries join the list the easier for China to propose Yuan as the world currency against dollar

Loyalty! Potopoto loyalty. No sane country in the will bank a penny on any African country except when they want to use such African country to test new bomb or biochemical weapons. African countries have nothing to offer. China can fry the whole of Africa in one day. Which loyalty? Is loyalty a resource

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Benwallt(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06
AlbertNewton:
Is China in debt to any country ?

Yes. They are owning Nigeria
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Drbarmes(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06
Brazil and Nigeria really fail off. China should be borrowing from them
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Jedinfo001: 10:46pm On Apr 06
Beware of Chinese loan
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Benwallt(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06
christejames:
And Tinubu is warming up to request for more shocked

Can you survive a day without mentioning Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Pennilessword1: 10:48pm On Apr 06
What about the USA.....they are owing a while lot to China too...even more than Nigeria
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by GUNITGuy: 10:49pm On Apr 06
Give up your resources we write off the debts .... Very soon they would mandate they get all their food imports from china or compulsory buying of Chinese products for the next 50yrs ...For debt cancellation
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by ebufa: 10:51pm On Apr 06
God1000:

Nigerians are lazy...especially mentally...we think amiss all the time! We feel our brain with tribalism and nepotism!

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Iolo(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06
Let me drop this here.

China is one of the United States's largest creditors, owning about $859.4 billion in U.S. debt.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080615/china-owns-us-debt-how-much.asp

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Lithiumite: 10:53pm On Apr 06
God1000:

Belarus!!

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Iolo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 06
God1000:

The report is actually misleading. Developed countries owe a lot more debt to China. And vice versa. This narrative of debt by colonialism is one I think the western world uses when they suspect they’re losing grip. Developing countries should be free to collect debt form whomever they please without being blackmailed for it.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by diamond68: 10:56pm On Apr 06
USA is number 1. USA owes China 2 trillion dollars

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Seunpapa65: 10:58pm On Apr 06
Sonnobax15:
grin
Nigeria settle down pin her tent for ground for China debt ..

Omoh,but why Ghana no dey na sad
At least they have something they are better than you 🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by yewit37486: 11:00pm On Apr 06
faceland:
Angola - SOLD

Meanwhile it's an oil producing country, just like Nigeria. Africa my Africa.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by AngelicBeing: 11:01pm On Apr 06
wittywriter:

Eyes on their mineral resources.

Wittyness
Hmmmmm, sad
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by omoadeleye(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06
And this Bangladesh is the country that Peter Obi always use as a benchmark for Nigeria o
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by casppyjay: 11:08pm On Apr 06
God1000:

beautiful observation now lemme indulge you further my learned friend.. could you please now look up interest and resources of these countries especially the ones with the kinda out world external debt to another country? Because on face value it might seem normal but it’s anything but normal.. I’d give you a clue although I hate to .. nonetheless start from the resources of the debtors I mean viable and potential natural endowments juxtapose with the Europeans that have nothing lol including no debt .. there’s the clue now discern and peruse further I await your findings..
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:08pm On Apr 06
Somewhat disappointed at Nigerians position. Had thought Nigeria would be in top 5.

However, let's not forget that a few west African countries are owing Nigeria over a 100b Naira too...
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Stephench: 11:12pm On Apr 06
God1000:

It's not colonization. It's a matter of good terms for loan. China gives you lots of freedom in their loans but IMF and the west will make you swear to use their money on non beneficiary stuff before giving you loan
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Yankee101: 11:15pm On Apr 06
A good percentage of the Nigerian loan is in individual pockets like Ameachi and co

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by CAPTIVATOR: 11:26pm On Apr 06
brain54:
Except China is benevolent...

enough to write off some of these country's debts they will never be able to pay it off.

Pakistan 26billion. Hian... Serial debtor.

Some of these countries aren't debt worthy and I wonder the motives for China allowing the loan pile up to that extent.

How countries like Sri Lanka and Mongolia want take pay back so. Sri Lanka has been defaulting on her debts!

grin grin where Pakistan wan see the money to pay back
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by TheOgaBoss: 11:29pm On Apr 06
God1000:

European countries have the eu which provides a platform for the poorer countries to rely on the richer ones.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by brain54(m): 11:29pm On Apr 06
This life Truely no balance...

To put things in perspective Elon musk splashed 44 billion on his new play thing Twitter.

Imagine what that amount can do for any country!
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by TheOgaBoss: 11:36pm On Apr 06
pansophist:
China is a net exporter, and they have racked up trillions of USD that they don't know what to do with it, and can't exchange it to yuan to avoid destroying the Chinese financial system.

That is why they are so benevolent in borrowing countries that need it. It's a form of soft power and a way to make the cash sanction-proof. The US can only sanction Chinese money, not the one it has lended.
oga it is all about the the "belt and road" which is the cornerstone of China's foreign policy, why will China's legitimately earned dollars be sanctioned? by the way the USA is heavily indebted to china also, but us debts are in the form of long term government bonds.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by TheOgaBoss: 11:37pm On Apr 06
Oracle411:
And China has a debt of Over $40 Trillion
to who?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by TheOgaBoss: 11:39pm On Apr 06
Jedinfo001:
Beware of Chinese loan
says who? stop parroting western propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of 47 Microfinance Banks Licences Revoked By CBN / When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo) / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.