Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

20 Countries Most In Debt To China - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Countries Most In Debt To China (66705 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping / 30 Shoemakers From Abia To Travel To China For Training Programme. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Omoapena(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06
God1000:
This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

I'm sure we're owing IMF and world bank a lot of money too

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America

China biggest resources is it's people, they invested in their in people and that's why they are doing better in technology...

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by seunayantokun(m): 11:49pm On Apr 06
Can the op kindly give us a list of their collaterals used to secure the Chinese loan facilities?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by chatinent: 11:54pm On Apr 06
They borrow then share the money within themselves..
Chinese wey dey borrow no get needs?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by ufotunang: 11:54pm On Apr 06
So china really have money like this
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by SuccessfulRichi: 11:57pm On Apr 06
I think black race and moslems should be out in one group. These two have so much on common. Mental laziness!!
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by frog12: 12:23am On Apr 07
but if they no borrow, you go still complain

Helpfromabove1:
China has another motive with some of these debt

Colonialism by debt because some of these countries can not pay back China just needs something from them either there natural resources or there loyalty against US or something else

A fight for world economic power house is the game

As many more countries join the list the easier for China to propose Yuan as the world currency against dollar
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Sirianese: 12:23am On Apr 07
God1000:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/20-countries-most-debt-china-202359520.html

China targets resource-rich countries and they later leverage on the fact you cannot meet the terms of repayment to acquire access to your resources under very cheap and at times completely free rates.

They plunder your bio-diversity and ship everything back to their country, and your debt still remains unpaid. 21st-century colonialism.

Meanwhile wild gorillas are demonstrably more humane than the majority of Black men

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Damian911: 12:26am On Apr 07
God1000:
This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America
Belarus na African country abi undecided
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Stayingalive: 12:35am On Apr 07
BondRiv:
We need to tread carefully with China. I don't know why a country as blessed as Nigeria cannot look inwards and harness its resources.
You Dey see corruption everywhere still dey talk say you nor know
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Chikel20000(m): 12:41am On Apr 07
Sensiblerealist:
Nigeria would soon overtake the top 5 by the time they factor in the debt collected by Buhari and his cohorts especially Amaechi wey build old school train tracks dey form like say e don do what no one has ever done.
Kano-Maradi own na inn go finish this country
I don laugh tire oooooo
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Ilekokonit: 12:46am On Apr 07
Proverbs 22:7 - The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is a servant to the lender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by swaqq(m): 12:48am On Apr 07
Have you seen how much USA owe china

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Abuloma80(f): 12:50am On Apr 07
We thank God we are not the highest Debtor. Number 10 out of 20 is about the average. Considering our population as against other Countries! Though $4.29 billions (N6 - N8) Trillions is a huge some! Oyah each Nigerian to contribute N35k to pay off the Debt. Am l making any point!!! grin grin grin
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by STYCNig(m): 1:02am On Apr 07
LET ME TIP A CLUE:
It is known as Political Economics. This is what makes Nations grows to the peak.

*Without understanding the potency of Political Economics, then any expert will be wasting his or her time narrating Fiscal and Monetry junks as the problem.

CHINA is playing the Political Economics on countries US and British had longed played, abandoned or never had interest in them.

America and British played Political Economics on Nigeria Economy from 60s, exited in late 90s when it was no longer beneficial and profitable for them.

CHINA learnt Political Economics (The secret yardstick for Global Economic growth) from America & British, and decided to enter those countries America and British have no interest in!

...Had Nigeria understands this secret, this is exactly what we should have been doing in West Africa and beyond.

No country is self sufficient economically without Political Economics. All the narratives we hear by Naija Economist and analyst are crabby junk.

Developed Nations are at that peak bcoz of Political Economics. 90% growth of a nation is through political economics, 10% is spread for other indices like monetry, fiscal and policy bla bla bla etc.

Political Economics is the Master Checker of the Game!

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Babalola0920: 1:03am On Apr 07
China debts is far better than European 🇪🇺 debts you see those ones they're enemy of africa secretly and openly
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by donem: 1:12am On Apr 07
brain54:
Except China is benevolent...

enough to write off some of these country's debts they will never be able to pay it off.

Pakistan 26billion. Hian... Serial debtor.

Some of these countries aren't debt worthy and I wonder the motives for China allowing the loan pile up to that extent.

How countries like Sri Lanka and Mongolia want take pay back so. Sri Lanka has been defaulting on her debts!
Nah that Mongolia were touch me pass, country where the barely exist the owe big money like that cheesy
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by TheTravelingOne(f): 1:14am On Apr 07
The motive is, you cant pay your debt, they start seizing assets, airports, etc.

brain54:

enough to write off some of these country's debts they will never be able to pay it off.

Some of these countries aren't debt worthy and I wonder the motives for China allowing the loan pile up to that extent.

How countries like Sri Lanka and Mongolia want take pay back so. Sri Lanka has been defaulting on her debts!
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Timoleon(m): 1:14am On Apr 07
elasticlala:

China's debt to the United States as at January 2023 was about $859,400,000,000.
China's debt is denominated in US dollars, euros, and Japanese yen.
In 2023, China's gross external debt was $2.38 trillion, and its debt-to-GDP ratio reached a record 288%.

That's us debt to china. Not Chinese debt to USA.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by donem: 1:15am On Apr 07
Sonnobax15:
grin
Nigeria settle down pin her tent for ground for China debt ..

Omoh,but why Ghana no dey na sad
Nice observation o .. how come Ghana no the? shocked
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Timoleon(m): 1:17am On Apr 07
Oracle411:
And China has a debt of Over $40 Trillion
Where you read your own? Even isa never reach there and them owe pass.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Timoleon(m): 1:23am On Apr 07
Sirianese:

China targets resource-rich countries and they later leverage on the fact you cannot meet the terms of repayment to acquire access to your resources under very cheap and at times completely free rates.

They plunder your bio-diversity and ship everything back to their country, and your debt still remains unpaid. 21st-century colonialism.

Meanwhile wild gorillas are demonstrably more humane than the majority of Black men

How much does USA owe China? Why is it not on the list?

How much does UK owe china? Why is it not on the list?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by donem: 1:24am On Apr 07
SeriouslySense:
cheesy, five times nigeria debt
Africa have the highest number of Polithiefcians hence African countries feature as most countries on the list.

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by CoronaVirusPro: 1:39am On Apr 07
Sirianese:

Fact!

The recolonize nations with debt.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Konquest: 2:32am On Apr 07
God1000:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/20-countries-most-debt-china-202359520.html
Those are really HUGE figures there.

The U.S. also owes China some money from loans collected in the recent past.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Barrysleek(m): 2:55am On Apr 07
[Didn't you see Belarus there ]This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America [/quote]
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:03am On Apr 07
God1000:

. There's Belarus.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Helpfromabove1(m): 3:21am On Apr 07
frog12:
but if they no borrow, you go still complain

Can I u for the difference between comment and complain

And can you give examples of complaints from my comment

I guess you just which to say something
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by bluefilm: 4:11am On Apr 07
brain54:

China's motive is clear

There is something called I.O.U

China covertly owns all the countries that it has IOU agreement with
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by abbey621(m): 4:21am On Apr 07
U.S is the largest debtor to China with almost $900 billion. All these countries combined still won't reach half of what USA owes to China.....So relax Africa, plenty space to borrow more grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by snipernigga(m): 4:29am On Apr 07
BELARUS is a European country, though not a member of EU or NATO but a strong ally of Russia

God1000:

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by morgstreme: 4:30am On Apr 07
AlbertNewton:
Is China in debt to any country ?

Yes ofcourse...

China owes America 100s of billions of dollars.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by RosyIsBlessed: 4:37am On Apr 07
I know say Nigeria go dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have 80k, What business Can I Venture In? / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions / Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.