Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

20 Countries Most In Debt To China - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Countries Most In Debt To China (66687 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China / USD TRANSFER WORLDWIDE, RMB to CHINA! Order on 1688, taobao, eBay & shipping / 30 Shoemakers From Abia To Travel To China For Training Programme. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by soccerlite: 7:50am On Apr 07
God1000:
This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

I'm sure we're owing IMF and world bank a lot of money too

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America

Which year was China poor that you refer as "yesterday"

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by iLegendd(m): 7:52am On Apr 07
christejames:
And Tinubu is warming up to request for more shocked
I asked him to. I need to use the money to start a new business.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by soccerlite: 7:52am On Apr 07
I thought China won't use US dollars 😬
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Afrojuju2017(m): 7:55am On Apr 07
Helpfromabove1:
China has another motive with some of these debt

Colonialism by debt because some of these countries can not pay back China just needs something from them either there natural resources or there loyalty against US or something else

A fight for world economic power house is the game

As many more countries join the list the easier for China to propose Yuan as the world currency against dollar

Nigeria's 4.1B is hardly an insurmountable amount. All that debt added together is less than the valuation of the 5th wealthiest man in the world.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 8:00am On Apr 07
How many of these countries did China Colonize ?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by HopeSpencer: 8:09am On Apr 07
God1000:
This is colonization by debt, it's hard to believe that poor China of yesterday has now become the world's economic and technological powerhouse, it's all about good governance and curbing corruption.

Meanwhile I don't see any European country on the list, it's all africa, Asia and south America

Belarus is there
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by kbir555: 8:16am On Apr 07
This is getting out of hand

You can get your FB account for sale and we also run Facebook ads chat us up / zero9032122319
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by bimbodotun(m): 8:20am On Apr 07
Y are the debt in dollars....why not in Chinese currency
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by HIPROFILE(m): 8:22am On Apr 07
China too smart in this world politics game.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Mandate1: 8:29am On Apr 07
Hezzyluv:
As far as I am concerned, China is the world's power.
do China give aid? Let them start giving aid first na, just like the US.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Elidrisy20: 8:45am On Apr 07
We suppose be no.1 for that list
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Jostoman: 8:48am On Apr 07
No wonder they always support evil of russia and china.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by jattopeter(m): 8:50am On Apr 07
Flesh and Blood hasn't revealed this to you. Directly or indirectly, they have stake in those countries. A borrower will always be a slave to the lender.
The amazing part is that , we are warming to borrow More.
We borrow and nothing to show forth for it ,that's the most pathetic thing.
Angelfrost:
More than half of those nations will never be able to repay those debts...!

Imagine the interests in servicing them every year... Omo! China is making some serious money o.

Not to mention that all the nations have enough assets for China to colonize.

For starters, Chinese citizens can run tax free businesses in a lot of those nations, as well as tapping and siphoning huge amounts of their natural resources.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by mediclife1987(m): 8:54am On Apr 07
God1000:

Was China ever poor?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Josephkabila12: 8:55am On Apr 07
God1000:

Belarus is where
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by lildush(m): 8:59am On Apr 07
God1000:

Will u borrow from ur rival/enemy or competitor? Wen u do dat. U have given them superiority over you.
They will rada borrow from IMF Dan to go to China... Rivalry is very real.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Dollywood(m): 9:27am On Apr 07
China isn’t even developed and rich compared to it’s other counterparts like Japan and South Korea, but I guess it is due to their enormous population earning the nation just $12,000 per capita.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by djseanjohn77: 9:28am On Apr 07
God1000:

Before una open mouth talk, make una dey try make small research and do tentative analysis, don't just depend on what you read or are told.

China herself is owing debt - make we rest...No Africa country owes up to what this bigger country owes, yet they complain each time we try to borrow. America's debt has been growing since 1950s and they have not been able to reduce it.

Here’s a glimpse of the external debt of some countries, along with their respective figures:

1. United States: The external debt stands at $24.5 trillion, accounting for 96.31% of its GDP

2. United Kingdom: With an external debt of $9.0 trillion, it represents 96.5% of its GDP

3. Japan: The external debt is approximately $4.34 trillion, constituting 98.44% of its GDP

4. Netherlands: Their external debt amounts to $3.79 trillion, which is a whopping 381.62% of their GDP

5. France: The external debt reaches $7.4 trillion, making up 112.06% of their GDP

6. Ireland: With an external debt of $303 billion, it corresponds to 86.82% of their GDP

7.Italy: Their external debt stands at $2.6 trillion, constituting 120.00% of their GDP

8. Germany: The external debt is approximately $6.1 trillion, accounting for 65.33% of their GDP

9. Canada: Their external debt amounts to $2.9 trillion, representing 126.94% of their GDP

10. China: Despite being a massive economy, China’s external debt is relatively low at $2.45 trillion, constituting only 13.55% of its GDP

Nigeria's Debt to GDP ratio is 39% Better than all these countries above. if the idea is not to under-develop Africa, why can't they at least give African countries 500 billion loans each to develop their countries massively and pay good salaries.

Note: The whole of Africa's 54 countries owes 726.55 billion U.S. dollars only.

see the below links for more understanding.
https://worlddebtclocks.com/

HIGHEST AFRICA"S DEBT TO GDP RATIO
Eritrea: The national debt in this Horn of Africa country stands at 175.1% of the GDP.
Cabo Verde: This island nation has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 160.7%.
Mozambique: Mozambique has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 133.6%.
Angola: This Southern African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 103.7%.
Mauritius: This island country's gross debt stands at 101% of its GDP.
Zambia: Zambia's gross national debt also stands at 101% of its GDP.
Republic of Congo: This country in Central Africa has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 85.4%.
Ghana: Ghana's debt to GDP ratio currently stands at 83.5%.
The Gambia: In this country, the debt-to-GDP ratio is at 82.3%.
Seychelles: This island country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 81.9%.
Guinea-Bissau: This country's debt-to-GDP ratio currently stands at 79.1%.
Rwanda: Rwanda's debt-to-GDP is at 74.8%.
Burundi: The Eastern African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 72.4%.
Gabon: In Gabon, the debt-to-GDP ratio is 72.1%.
Senegal: This Francophone West African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 71.9%.
Sierra-Leone: The Anglophone West African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 71.1%.
Namibia: This country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 69.9%.
Kenya: Kenya's debt-to-GDP ratio is 69.7%.
South Africa: This country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 68.8%.
South Sudan: South Sudan has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 64.4%.

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by KvngJaja: 9:36am On Apr 07
https:///addexdrop_bot?start=4fde97b87f4bee14d56726ea4d52b2a8
Get +70 point from this link and +3 points daily and convert it to dollars using your solana wallet. Don't sleep on this airdrop, it pays wink
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Charlico2(m): 9:44am On Apr 07
God1000:

Belarus in europe
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Bozzy001(m): 9:45am On Apr 07
God1000:

Oga, Belarus is an European country. Take note
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Bluffly: 9:52am On Apr 07
God1000:

Is Belarus no longer in Europe?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Hamachi(f): 9:57am On Apr 07
Angelfrost:
More than half of those nations will never be able to repay those debts...!

Imagine the interests in servicing them every year... Omo! China is making some serious money o.

Not to mention that all the nations have enough assets for China to colonize.

For starters, Chinese citizens can run tax free businesses in a lot of those nations, as well as tapping and siphoning huge amounts of their natural resources.
shocked Are you for real?
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Angelfrost(m): 9:59am On Apr 07
Hamachi:
shocked Are you for real?

Yes o.

Most of the gold, diamonds, and other resources in Nigeria and other African nations, where do you think they go to?!

Do you know how much Chinese businessmen make from Africa every year?!!

Reality!!!

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by greenmouse(m): 10:00am On Apr 07
some of this debts are cost of project china executed on loan
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by tomdon(m): 10:10am On Apr 07
Asides from having ulterior motives. The question is how did China achieve such feat, and they don't practice democracy. This proves that the will of leaders is what matters not the type of governance system.
Unlike Russia that practice oligarchy, China has a well developed system of governance. Even in democracies, a lot of injustice and oppression is going on
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Jacks14: 10:33am On Apr 07
Belarus is European Country
God1000:

Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Streetdreamx(m): 10:52am On Apr 07
No Ghana on the list.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by erniok(m): 10:55am On Apr 07
lildush:

Will u borrow from ur rival/enemy or competitor? Wen u do dat. U have given them superiority over you.
They will rada borrow from IMF Dan to go to China... Rivalry is very real.
It's not really about rivalry but who would be benevolent enough to forgive your debts.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Olatara(f): 11:23am On Apr 07
Sirianese:

China targets resource-rich countries and they later leverage on the fact you cannot meet the terms of repayment to acquire access to your resources under very cheap and at times completely free rates.

They plunder your bio-diversity and ship everything back to their country, and your debt still remains unpaid. 21st-century colonialism.

Meanwhile wild gorillas are demonstrably more humane than the majority of Black men
Propaganda!
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by Dittodat: 11:23am On Apr 07
success1smyn:

Ogbeni na china dey owe us, dey read to comprehend and understand next time.

Olodo, go back to school. China doesn't owe the US. China own US debt , meaning that they own treasury bills in the US that the US govt have to pay whenever they are matured.
I know that is sounds confusing if you are not familiar with the terms but seriously, US is indebted to China not the other way around.
Re: 20 Countries Most In Debt To China by jaytime(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07
How did China get to become so rich enough to lend to nations? Chai hard + smart work pays o. Nigeria wake up, crude oil is not enough, develop your human capital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have 80k, What business Can I Venture In? / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions / Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.