Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh (10642 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by larriederm(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2007
omena555! i quite agree with you o jare, but as far as am concern , who is going to replace her?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by tundewoods(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2007
Honestly what i saw today on TV,regarding the so called honourable reps brawl was amazing.It reminded me of street fights when i was much younger.to think that the fighters are all Old men. Beats my imagination.

Well can anyone be generous enough to post the scene of the brawl on Youtube.com.It would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by aceman(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2007
I think the woman should just GO, completely, out of the House of Reps. However, that appears not a "Nigerian" thing to do. Its a shame sha.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by tonia2000(f): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2007
What a disgrace on Pat Etteh and even the house of rep itself,Leaders embarrassed themselves on the Media beat themselves in public.haba we have elected thugs as reps o cry cry cry cry
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by shawn123: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2007
LIKE THEY SAY WHAT A MAN CAN DO A WOMAN CAN DO BETTER. CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE AMONGST HER CLAIMS IS A 96 MILLION NAIRA MASSAGING MACHINE, SOON SHE WLD REQUIRE 2 MILLION NAIRA FOR LIP STICK.    OLE, OLE, OLE, SHE IS A DISGRACE TO HER FAMILY, HER TOWN, HER GENERATION AND THE WHOLE YORUBA TRIBE, SHE NEED TO BE SHOT
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by hayo(m): 9:04am On Sep 21, 2007
Some people on this thread mentioned that people from her constituency should be ashamed of themselves. I beg to disagree - who told you that she was loved by her community? This is a woman that has been in the house since 1999 and cannot boast of a single contribution to the community. I am from the same town as her and cannot even see anything she has done. She is one of the many undoings of OBJ. She was even going to lose the seat to AC but high level intimidation and rigging paved way for her because of OBJ's grand plot to install her as speaker. The other day, an ignorant under-employed human being from my town was claiming we should support her - I said no and that if people like Etteh had done their job well - people like him will have good jobs or at least a hope of a better job.
I am ashamed of the average Nigerian politician without shame and sense of judgment. Does she have to wait till she is booted out? Can't the hairdresser save face and bring some reprieves to the Nigerian political climate? I tire o!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by uchetobi(f): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2007
free for all is Nothing new in the house.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ayasco(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2007
what do u expect of a lawyer turned Beauty Therapist b4.she sabi good things and thinks it her fathers money that she is using to beautify her no flying area stadium.i was even thinking a woman leader will be good for Nigeria before but now i see that what a naija man can do a naija woman go do am better.
bunch of useless politicians
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by hajifaty: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2007
Configur, omo you kolo ooo. Why u dey course are pussy,se na her pussy chop money? I think Etteh should be handover to Chinese government becos have case worth death penalty. It shall not be well with all of them politician wey dey misuse our resources and money. She must be executed along with baba OBJ
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by obizzling: 9:29am On Sep 21, 2007
is it not a shame instead of our law makers to do what nigerians voted them in for our dear speaker is busy renovating her house to accomodate all her family members and entourage, it really hurts,personally i dont think it should be swept under the rug like the others we nigerians want a public trial if she is not guilty let her continue as speaker but if she is let her and her accomplice face the full wrath of the law, that is if their is any.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Mu(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2007
A case of continuous poor judgment.

This story appears under her wikipedia profile
http://www.tribune.com.ng/15082007/news/news2.html
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by tonia2000(f): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2007
Etteh is guilty and she should be swept out of the house of reps.simple
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by salinco(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2007
It truly dance of shame and a big embarrassment to this nation call Nigeria. But as some mentioned, what man can do woman can do it better. In less than then 100 days, the woman make so much money. Or what do you all think?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by omena555(f): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2007
larriederm:

omena555! i quite agree with you o jare, but as far as am concern , who is going to replace her?

@ larriederm, did i hear u ask who will replace her??!! why do u think majority of her colleagues are shouting that she should go? ( i mean why do u think pot is calling kettle black?) Dont be tempted to think its becos they detest corruption. They are all the same! And as soon as she leaves, one of those "pots" will take her place. Its a continuous circle. Its a pity though.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2007
Why can't this woman just go and stop embarassing womanhood?
This crazy mentality of not resigning even in the face of outrght disgrace is just disheartening.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by salinco(m): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2007
Swept is an understatement, she must be prosecuted and put to jail> and she must not be allow to hold any public office.
God shall save us from this useless and unreasonable politician who enrich their pocket at the expense of the ordinary Nigerian.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Aussie(m): 10:09am On Sep 21, 2007
I THINK SHE SHULD HAVE RECEIVED ONE OF THE NUMEROUS BLOWS THROWN THERE YESTERDAY.

SHE I S SIMPLY SAME OF SAME.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by debobo: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2007
its so shameful how we can disgrace ourselves openly.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ibrahiem(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2007
she is a disgrace to da woman folks.she should vacate da office with immediate alacrity angry
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ebos(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2007
The man on pink on fit blow at all, but as de man take climb table dey pose, dey charge and dey rake all man like Undertaker – na him fear even catch me say Undertaker don enter ring, but as dem dey mamaram blow, na him the man dey bend bend dey go down. I no fit understand whether he dey fight his agbada or na his opponent. Ultimate warrior dem full there, no be small. A disgrace!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by salinco(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2007
I have no douth that Nigerian is going to be better. May God take control.[color=#006600][/color]

Please say Amen!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Damsel001: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2007
Just when we all thot a women will come and make sense of the nonsense
like Dora Akunyili is doing,
she make a niusance of herself.
What a disgrace!

God help us.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by finicky(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2007
Actually, the blows were not over etteh but in their personal theiving interest, etteh might go so another theif would be sworn in, our lawmakers only turn jawbreakers when money is misappropriated, the initial task most of them stole the peoples mandate for was to enrich enjoy and squander tax payers money. Abeg no one should refer to them as honourable ever again. They show they are far from being so called.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Afam(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2007
Whatever happens to her now I believe that she is finished politically in Nigeria.

No amount of damage control can help in this embarrassing situation.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Joey82(m): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2007
Afam:

Whatever happens to her now I believe that she is finished politically in Nigeria.

No amount of damage control can help in this embarrassing situation.
U neva cant tell, this is Naija, u may be suprised she might come out of this scandal with a clean sheet even as the evidences are glaring.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by uche1(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2007
'Ole, Ole, Ole',
Naija Self
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by desgiezd(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2007
I am no supporter of Etteh at all. The fact that she's closely attached to OBJ can not make me support her, coupled with the fact that I read somewhere that her spoken english is bad. I also read that she is arrogant and incompetent, coupled with this house-renovation scandal, I believe she's not fit for that office. Newspapers reports have it that when she was called by the Panel Chairman to give her own side of the story, some of her supporters started hailing her - "madam speaker, madam speaker" while her accusers were shouting "ole, ole".  

This has clearly shown the calibre of people we have as our representatives. People who are no better than touts. How on earth would people be hailing somebody facing such a serious scandal like this? To them, has she done the right thing? Cant they do better than shameless psychophants and debased boot-lickers suffering from dementia? On the other hand, those lawmakers calling the woman "ole, ole" have no right to do so whatsoever. These are lawmakers for crying out loud and our constitution says an accused is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. What manner of laws would this set of people make for this Country? Your guess is as good as mine.

On a lighter note, I think every person aspiring to go to the National Assembly should first go for a few months serious training in boxing, wresting, yoga, karate and ijakadi. It will be handy someday. What do you think?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by salinco(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2007
You must agree with me that, she has to complete the job Baba Legba gave her. Or you don’t see the achievement of Mr. Gorilla himself. Etteh was a good representative in is community like Baba. They all doing well for eating fire in their stomach. Oju O`le da, Ole
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by henchmark: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2007
hello ladies and gentlemen,
no time for abusive words here, may i know: who approved the contract for the renovation that gulped over N600,000,000.00?
About the attitude of our lawmakers: SHOULDN'T THERE BE A LAW ON INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR? If these fathers and mothers feel no shame for themselves and for the nation, i begin to see why one must be ready to spill blood to be in politics in Nigeria.
THIS IS NO DEMOCRACY MAN, IT IS GANGSTERISM
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by salinco(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2007
angry sad shocked
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by doncnn(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2007
now i know i want to confirm to all nigerians and the world at large that the CORRUPTION AND GREEDINESS of a thing, is not  associated with any TRIBE, STATE or COMMUNITY, associated with a particular set of individuals who have no shame and do not have that african morality,

Now if i may ask, if d former senate president, WABARA, could resign for him to be tried as result of accusation of about 60 million naira, why then can Etteh who has been accused of 628 million naira not resign?? is it because she enjoys the favour of PDP?? MAY GOD BLESS NAIJA
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by yemmight(m): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2007
The most annoying is the involvement of OBJ. He called 3 Govs and Etteh to Ota farm for a meeting. The stupid old man gave an instruction that all the PDP serving officers in the house must support Etteh or loose the Chairmanship or top positions they are occupying. That is own way of life. Very stupid human being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Al-Qaeda Base Established In Nigeria (Sokoto Axis) / FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials / Hours After El Rufai Grievous Sickness & Him Flown Abroad Was Reported – See His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.