Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh (10641 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by u4me(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2007
Friends, Is it really a show of shame? Are they really honourables? Are they trully representing us? Did we for sure gave them our madate? To me, our colective madate were robbed and so will they continue to rob our collective treasury.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by omena555(f): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Oh nigeria, oh nigeria!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by oyinyechi(f): 11:30am On Sep 21, 2007
If you are in that position, wont you do more than this ask yourselves?
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by desgiezd(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2007
@ u4me

True talk.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Sobola75(f): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2007
That is ridiculous, if that house happend to be her personal house, is she going to repair it with such amount. Lets try and put things straight in this country of ours, milking Nigeria to bone by few opportunist won't take us anywhere. I belief Ribadu is not sleeping.

Ette is a shameless, double-faced, greedy, felon, 419 human being that does not have love of this nation at heart. They have turned politics into legalized stealing in this country.

Many graduates are roaming the street, they never for one day think of what they could do about social security and make laws that with touch the lives of common Nigeria. GSM operator are treating as they like, they never thought of calling them to order on poor service they render most especially MTN.

I'm quite sure these crook, opportunists travels out, they see how things are being done out there, why can't they borrow a leave from those countries.

God should take control and touch their hearts.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by u4me(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2007
Friends. Is it really a show of shame? Are they truly honourables? Are they actually representing us? Did we surely give them our mandate? The robbed our collective mandate and so will they continue to rob our collective treasury.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by mekoyo(m): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2007
Imagine such amount of money spent on renovation? Just renovation.
What is wrong with these people for goodness sake, dont they have feelings? What kind of life is this.

And to the house of rep. Just look at them fighting and exchanging blows, shame on NIgeria, shame on democracy, every time an issue comes up like this they will always settle it by throwing punches at eachother. Now that the punches is in the air lets see if they'll settle this case once and for all.

Na wa for Naija sha. Ha angry angry

Well for Etteh, infact i have nothing to say. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by chidichris(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2007
she is a shame to obj not her constituency because she was selected by obj not elected by her people.
this goes a long way to reveal how obj is successful in his war against corruption in nigeria.
the same obj has been organising series of meetings to save her position as the speaker of the house.
where is mamajama and afam? i hope they are still asking foe evidence?
what is efcc waiting for? evidence i think?
can we now say how far efcc has gone in her fight against corruption?
nigerians will be able to identify where this woman belong now as we wait to the end of this drama.
i want to say something here, even if she leaves, efcc will not do anything to her because she is a loyalist.
how many months is office as a speaker and how much is involved then make her a governor for 8 years and multiply her scam by the allocation of a state.
it is time to know the face of efcc and her readiness to wipe nigeria of fraudulent leaders.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Afam(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2007
chidichris:

where is mamajama and afam? i hope they are still asking foe evidence?

Why don't you just go hang yourself this pig? You remain the greatest slowpoke on planet earth, get a life or drop dead please.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by bencobenz(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2007
Etteh  must go, she is a disgrace to the entire yoruba race. in fact her constituency should begin
the proccess of recalling her from the national assembly. An average civil servant will work for his/her
entire life and will not earn N6.28m but one idiot will use N628m to renovate a house, what
insolent angry She must go!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Seun(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2007
Why hasn't she resigned, anyway? The funniest thing is that she hasn't even been there for long.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by wisemikky(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2007
hey guys,

missed the show yesterday, does anyone in the house have an upload or a link to where i can watch it like youtube or
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Joey82(m): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
In all, one painful side of the story is d credibility of d people we elect 2 positions of authority. Where was Etteh born, how educated is she? what has been her contributions in the society that makes her worthy 2 b elected speaker.

Its a shame we dont even have d oppurtunity of electing people of repute into positions like this. They are rather handpicked and that means a mushroom could even b president someday, Somebody must rise 2 d ocasion 2 challenge this ugly trend.

As 4 etteh, i'm saying it once again, she's a disgrace 2 women politcs.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by killacam(m): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
That was an awesome display of OLD GRUMPY MEN! fighting.imagine if dat uppercut landed on dat man wearing agabda,PAUL BREARES FOR GET THERE OWN CONTRACT.
KILLA ,DIPSET ALLDAY,NO HOMO
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by liftedone(f): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2007
The fisticuffs among the so-called honourable members was just a distraction to buy time for madam speaker. She is only delaying the evil day.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by djcrucifix(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2007
i don't even know what to say, 628 mill just for renovation? she gast to get the hell out of there, and as for the whole exchange of blow issue? that was kinda funny seeing old men play street fighter grin
                                peace

Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by djcrucifix(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2007
i don't even know what to say, 628 mill just for renovation? she gast to get the hell out of there, and as for the whole exchange of blow issue? that was kinda funny seeing old men play street fighter grin
                                peace
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by killacam(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
FELA DON TALK AM! NA SO THEY GON DELAY THE HEARING TILL THEY SWEEP AM UNDER THE CARPET, ,NA ONLY NIGERIA DEY FIT DO THESE SORT OF DAYLIGHT, CHOP MONEY.
ETTEH MUST GO,
KILLA,DIPSET ALLDAY,NO HOMO
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by mellow(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
may Christ have mercy[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ozigbo(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
u4me:

Friends. Is it really a show of shame? Are they truly honourables? Are they actually representing us? Did we surely give them our mandate? The robbed our collective mandate and so will they continue to rob our collective treasury.

mandate u say, most of the pepole on set to day
did not get there by our mandate.
they don't need the mandate of me u to be there.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by ozigbo(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2007
no be small mercy,
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by graceade(f): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2007
i am very very sure etteh would go. it's just another game. she would be disgraced out of office no doubt about that
but my concern which i believe every nigerian should be concerned about is WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HER?!

so good Nairaland users, pray the house doesn't exchange a thief for a smarted thief!

i like yur contribution it the real fact if she go who will be the next person to take the sit
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Seun(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2007
Who is going to replace her? One of the boxers, of course. Boy, are we in serious trouble!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Kobojunkie: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
This is the sad thing about Nigeria and Nigerians. I bet majority of you do not know the details of what really happened but are already calling for her to be removed from seat. One would think we would be wiser considering all that we have been through but NOOOO, we are still being used by these same politicians whom we claim are corrupt. Does anyone in here know what she ACTUALLY did ?? Has anyone actually seen documents to prove all these?? How do you know this is not the corrupt people's way of getting good of one good person by claiming she is corrupt so they can put their own person in the seat instead?? Who benefits from her stepping down? What are his motives?? Is he/she behind the accusations?? When will we learn to deal more tactfully with these sort of situations??

KoboJunkie
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2007
Seun:

Who is going to replace her? One of the boxers, of course. Boy, are we in serious trouble!

Exactly LOL

cheesy
KoboJunkie
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by chidichris(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2007
no be the people elect them na obj select them.
his daughter is even among thieves bcs the family is now making nigeria their family business.
if time is not taken, it will surely affect obj's daughter because the rate at which he is gathering support for the hair-dresser not to be removed from the seat is suspicious.
our problem at the moment is not wether she did or did not but what is next?
from the unset, one will have good reasons to know that representing people who do not want u means robery. you are leading people without their consent that is taking the position by forceful claims.
anyone capable of doing that is capable of renovating a house at the tone of 1 billion.
meanwhile, yar adua shld make time for developmental projects within his first four years instead of talking politics from january to december as was the case in the past admin.
we have confirmed her a thief but if time is not taken a bigger thief from the pdp criminal kingdom will take over for higher renovation contracts.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by vigasimple(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2007
I HAVE NOT REALLY READ THE STORY NOR UNDRSTOOD IT PROPERLY.

1. CONTRACT WAS AWARDED TO RENOVATE THE OFFICIAL RESIDENCE OF THE SPEAKER.

2. IS THERE ANY PERSONAL BENEFITS THAT ACCRUES TO THE SPEAKER AND HER DEPUTY

3. ARE THER ANY EVIDENCE TO THAT EFFECT OR HAVE THE SPEAKER ADMITTED THAT SHE DERIVE PERSONAL BENEFITS.

4. THERE IS ONGOING PALIAMENTRY INVESTIGATION AND INQUEST, IS THAT BEING COMPLETED OR ONGOING

5. WHY THE CALLING OF NAMES AS OLE OLE. YOU ARE PRESUMED INNCOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY UNDER OUR LAWS. PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLING SOMEBODY THIEF ARE PROPABLY A BIGGER THIEF AS THEY ARE THE ONES WHO OBVIOUSLY CAN IDENTIFY A THIEF BEFORE HEARING WITH EVIDENCE IS COMPLETED.

6. IT MAY BE IT IS ALL POLITICS BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT  SHE MAY NOT BE COMPETENT TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE AS SHE HAS BE 'CHOOSEN' BY OBJ AND IT MAY EVEN BE A GENDER THING

7 PLEASE CAN GOOD NAIRALANDER SHED LIGHT TO THE BACKGROUND TO THE WHOLE STORY ESPECIALLY IN RESPECT OF PERSONAL BENEFITS TO HER(AS SHE RECEIVING PART OF THE CONTRACT MONIES). WITHOUT A DOUBT N628 SOUND A LOT OF MONEY BUY DEPENDING WHAT IS BEING RENOVATED.

I ASK SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS THE FULL DETAILS TO EDUCATE US AND SHOW HER PERSONAL BENEFITS.

BECAUSE UNLESS THERE ARE PERSONAL BENEFITS TO HER, I AM AFRAID WE MAY HAVE GOT IT WRONG, IT IS  GOVT BUILDING AND WHATEVER RENOVATION SHE WILL LEAVE IT BEHIND WHEN SHE GOES.

PLEASE EDUCATE.

@ Kbojunkie   - Thank you for your insight

@ chidichris-  OBJ daughter is not in the House of REP but in the Senate, The way Nigeria polticts is set up now, even you will put all your family there. Look at Anambra, the UBA's are everywhere. Kwara  - The SARAKI's , EDO- Igbinedo, OYO- Adedibu's , Katsina -YAr adua's and Bhuari's etc  If you don't know politics in Naija and some other  parts of the world is family business
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by chidichris(m): 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2007
viga,
she is not leaving anything behind while leaving because the previous admin did not leave anything.
the panel of investigation was choosen by her but the details are no longer hiden among the house members. as you can see ole is a yoruba name for thief.
again, most people in nigerian gov use their close persons for contract so that they will tell you how much to put while applying and no matter how much it is, the contract will surely go to their persons of which that is how they benefit from contracts.
in nigeria, most applicants with lower charges will end up loosing the contracts to much higher fees because of IM.
the clark of the house is already testifying and adedibu had already called on yar adua to solve the problem like his predecessor who will just stop the matter without wasting time.
for those who like the woman, nothing to fear about because she is on the right party with the right clique but for u all that love nigeria your fears shld be on who is next, a better person of a bigger thief and then the position of efcc on the matter.
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by kolette(f): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ Chiori
I totally agree with your phrase "show me a legislative body without brawls and i will show you an inert assembly. All over the world, physical combat has become the norm in legislative processes".

And for those of you condeming Patty, you would've done nothing less if you were in her place.
So leave her a-l-o-n-e!
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by enattoe(m): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
That woman does not have the face of a representative at all. She has the face of a thie, , 41, name it. Infact her constitution should recall her. if it were oversees she would have been asked to resign but but because of our curupt culture she still has the Gods seat on that seat. We have a long way to go in this country
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2007
She should be flogged 628 times, Thats the only solution grin
Re: Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh by buttyelele: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
let us not be too harsh in crucifying etteh, abusing or insulting her on nairaland where she cant defend herself particularly when she is innocent until proven guilty doesnt make u richer.

let  the law take its course, is it wrong for her to renovate her house or the amount involved is too much or due process was not followed? once we are able to answer this questions we will know where we stand den we take it from there. when stella went for tummy tuck and died in the process people crucified her even in her death, but tummy tuck is just a small operation, most bankers dat earn good money can afford it, how much more the wife of the president, my point is people must always talk when it involves money, but the truth is they are talking out of poverty, we are not in the public sector so there is little we can say until we hear the full story, i bet u the arguement will end up not being about the amount involved but about due process.

And one thing i know people in nairaland will do much worse if in the situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Persons Trek To Kaduna In Sympathy With Gov. Yero Over His Defeat / Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer / FG: Twitter Has Given Us Access To Manage Online ‘Prohibited’ Contents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.