Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus (4078 Views)

Proud Igbo From Port Hacourt Igbo Land; Duncan Mighty / IPOB Members Protest Live At Portharcourt And Not Even The Military Stop Them / PDP Governors React To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate And Proud Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Ibime(m): 11:53pm On Apr 07
Ballzproblem2:
ibime

He is an Ikwerre man, of course he's from PH

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Ballzproblem2: 12:04am On Apr 08
Ibime:

He is an Ikwerre man, of course he's from PH
and he claims to be Igbo, I don't see how his case is different from mine

2 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by shortgun(m): 12:04am On Apr 08
We welcome anyone who wishes to identify as Igbo. We have our indigenous Igbos relatives in Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Cuba, Cape Verde and many other places outside Africa. We are completely complete, we will not miss anyone

6 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by DeeNet1: 12:21am On Apr 08
Okay
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Ttipsy(f): 12:45am On Apr 08
Confirmedzombie:
When did ikwerre people become igbo. Why are igbos so desperate about ikwerres

I repeat, we ikwerres are not igbo. Savings never said he is igbo

The video was edited. No ikwerre man will ever say he is igbo.

Believe this story at your own peril. If igbos don't desist from tagging ikwerres as igbos, we will soon begin to send igbos in Pirt Harcourt back to their state.

Enough is Enough
but how is Amadi, Okoro, oparah, Eze, etc in Abia, IMO, different from the one in your Ikwere community?

Do they have a different or special meaning?

??

8 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by SS777(m): 1:35am On Apr 08
Noneroone:
Ejekwu Chukwuemeka popularly called sabinus affirmed during a show in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_Z8TopjxM?si=Z4fwVUCzJqTRY5kS

Ways of inferiority complex the way of the poster.
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by 9japride(m): 1:44am On Apr 08
Some people don't have a single sense. If the boundary commission had included part of Rivers state to Imo state, I believe by now those communities in Rivers will boldly claim to be Igbo.
How can an imaginary line make people deny their tribe? Blacks are just a funny set of beings.

8 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Forkthiefnubu: 1:58am On Apr 08
Armaggedon:
it's not rare. Julius Agwu does not. Duncan mighty does not etc
I don’t know about Duncan mighty but Julius have never denied his true heritage as a bonafide Igbo man

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Tranquill: 4:41am On Apr 08
paramakina202:

Few years back he actually said he wasn't Igbo but seems he have realized there is much more to gain accepting his Igbo heritage than to be a sunday Olise.

He didn’t realise anything.

The guy is pushing for more attendance at his show moreover, his mother is Igbo from Imo State just like Duncan mighty who says that his mother being Igbo gives him the right to claim Igbo.

They should tell you if they filled Igbo as their ethnicity in their JAMB and WAEC forms or come openly to say “Ikwerre is Igbo and or my Ikwerre father is Igbo”.

Mek ona rest it’s time to move on.
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Ibime(m): 5:44am On Apr 08
Ballzproblem2:
and he claims to be Igbo, I don't see how his case is different from mine

Being igbo is not invitation to be a Rivers man, anymore than Hausa from Chad or Niger are invited to be Nigerians. We don't invite Ijaws from Delta to claim Rivers nor Igbos from Anambra to claim Rivers
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Ballzproblem2: 6:16am On Apr 08
Ibime:

Being igbo is not invitation to be a Rivers man, anymore than Hausa from Chad or Niger are invited to be Nigerians. We don't invite Ijaws from Delta to claim Rivers nor Igbos from Anambra to claim Rivers
😁
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by franchasofficia: 6:18am On Apr 08
His Igbo identity made him excel in his comedy career.

All the Rivers Igbo gospel music artists who once claimed they were Ikwerre and not Igbo later accepted they were Igbo when they later realized that it was their Igbo identity and Igbo names that helped them excel in their music careers.

Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos only deny their Igbo identity during politics because they know that Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas hate Igbos and will be glad to accept and support them politically once they deny being Igbo; it's all about survival, don't blame them, if Biafra had survived the civil war, many Igbos outside Southeast like those in Benue, Rivers, and Delta will be fighting to join their ancestral root in the Southeast.

Failure have no friend, while success have many friends. As Igbos failed to win the civil war, many Igbos outside Southeast started denying their Igbo identity in order to survive the post-war political battle between the 3 major tribes in Nigeria.

As Northern Nigeria started failing in all facets of life, can't you see how Middlebelt people started to deny being tagged as "one North" with Hausa-Fulanis of recent? But back then when the North was reigning, holding on to political and military power, everybody outside Southern Nigeria happily identified themselves as Northerners. So it's all about success and survival, so don't blame Igbos outside southeast denying being Igbo, they are doing it for survival, especially political survival in the murdy waters of Nigerian politics where Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas enjoy ganging up against anything Igbo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by paramakina202: 7:09am On Apr 08
Zurich808:

Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh have corrected himself in recent interview he said he his an Igbo man
I guess he denied been Igbo then because of Super Eagle's Job

Which interview did he say that because his old video is still trending online.

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by paramakina202: 7:12am On Apr 08
Tranquill:

He didn’t realise anything.

The guy is pushing for more attendance at his show moreover, his mother is Igbo from Imo State just like Duncan mighty who says that his mother being Igbo gives him the right to claim Igbo.

They should tell you if they filled Igbo as their ethnicity in their JAMB and WAEC forms or come openly to say “Ikwerre is Igbo and or my Ikwerre father is Igbo”.

Mek ona rest it’s time to move on.

Na you go dey write long epistle like this to explain the unexplainable how Chukwuemeka is not an Igbo man. Wetin concern me?

4 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Dalohad: 7:21am On Apr 08
Nigeria has one of the funniest ethnopolitical elements. grin grin

The only country in the world where one can easily switch from being a member of one tribe to another depending on the political situation.. Switching tribes in Nigeria is as easy as moving from one local football club to another grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Dpharisee: 7:21am On Apr 08
Zurich808:

Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh have corrected himself in recent interview he said he his an Igbo man
I guess he denied been Igbo then because of Super Eagle's Job
You are right.
Denying being Igbo helps you to get government favours like Wike and Oliseh initially but has now done a U-turn after he failed to get a role in Super Eagles while accepting being Igbo gives you favours in private business like Late Wigwe, Ned Nwoko, Sabinus, Austin Okocha etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by proeast(m): 7:23am On Apr 08
NorthernAgender:
Who is sabinu.

It’s not anybody’s fault that you live inside a cave in Kafanchan😂

He is currently one of the most popular comedians in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Armaggedon: 7:33am On Apr 08
Forkthiefnubu:

I don’t know about Duncan mighty but Julius have never denied his true heritage as a bonafide Igbo man
I said both don't deny.

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by junketer(m): 7:34am On Apr 08
It is only an id1ot who thinks someone with the name chukwuemeka is not igbo. It's like saying someone with the name olumide is not Yoruba because he's from Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by gidgiddy: 7:49am On Apr 08
Confirmedzombie:
When did ikwerre people become igbo. Why are igbos so desperate about ikwerres

I repeat, we ikwerres are not igbo. Savings never said he is igbo

The video was edited. No ikwerre man will ever say he is igbo.

Believe this story at your own peril. If igbos don't desist from tagging ikwerres as igbos, we will soon begin to send igbos in Pirt Harcourt back to their state.

Enough is Enough

Mr man, not all Ikwerres deny being Igbo. The present Deputy President General of Ohanaeze is Ihunwo Obi Wall, an Ikwerre man from Rumu-Igbo. The immediate past secretary General of Ohanaeze was Uche Okwukwu, an Ikwerre man from Elele

Ikwerre entertainers such as Duncan Okechukwu Wene(Duncan Mighty) and Tonto Dike, have come out to say they are proud Igbos

Governor Chibuike Amaechi has warned that nobody should ever deny him his Igboness

So not all Ikwerre deny being Igbo, some don't joke with their Igboness

5 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by RisenObinna: 8:11am On Apr 08
Tranquillity360:
Igbo are not looking for members,if you say you are not Igbo, you're not Igbo.

We're complete.
Thank you. I careless of what Sabinus think 9f themselves. It's your business. We aren't begging anyone to claim he's Igbo. It's all your business and yeah, we're complete.

2 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Thisis2raw(m): 9:00am On Apr 08
Localemperor:
Watch how they will come and tell him that he is not Igbo and Rivers has no Igbos. When the time comes sha
wetin go happen wen de time come? Person say him no be igbo, you u dey say wen Dat tym reach, as if you go kill dem
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by NorthernAgender: 9:17am On Apr 08
You said comedian that to tell you he is a uncharismatic and unknown fellow.
proeast:

It’s not anybody’s fault that you live inside a cave in Kafanchan😂

He is currently one of the most popular comedians in Nigeria.
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by CrossRhodes: 9:50am On Apr 08
Dafresh:
He is not a politician so he will say the truth had it been he wants to please them he will behave like Wike
Gbam!!
Although amaechi no send them, he has affirmed it since.

2 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by gidgiddy: 10:04am On Apr 08
Confirmedzombie:

Out of millions of ikwerres you mentioned 5 persons thereby generalising ikwerres as igbos.

We are not igbo and will never be igbo. Focus on your region leave us alone.

How many ikwerres are in South East.

Nonsense attached by force

Mtcheeeeeew

I gave you examples of well known Ikwerre people who don't deny being Igbo, there many not well known who embrace their Igboness. So don't generalise and say it is all Ikwerres why deny being Igbo

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Dafresh: 10:46am On Apr 08
CrossRhodes:

Gbam!!
Although amaechi no send them, he has affirmed it since.
Na those way need political favors de deny being Igbo

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by raumdeuter: 11:22am On Apr 08
junketer:
It is only an id1ot who thinks someone with the name chukwuemeka is not igbo. It's like saying someone with the name olumide is not Yoruba because he's from Anambra state.
Olumide Akpata the labor party candidate in Edo state is not Yoruba. He is Edo
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by kettykin: 11:31am On Apr 08
Both his real name and stage name are igbo local and igbo foreign
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by paramakina202: 11:35am On Apr 08
raumdeuter:

Olumide Akpata the labor party candidate in Edo state is not Yoruba. He is Edo

Yes he is EDO man with Yoruba First name it is different from people whose location and names of their villages all have Igbo names and names of their forefathers are Igbo.

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 12:19pm On Apr 08
Felabrity:
very rare

Not rare but a silent majority situation and a loud minority.

I spent my childhood in my state of cross river and akwa ibom, most ikwerre people there lean towards their igbo kins.
Same happens in Lagos and Abuja...even outside the country

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bola Ige Murder --Police Admit No Justice -- Wikileaks Revelations! / Lagos State Governorship: 2015 Christian Agenda / How Pdp Lost The Presidential Election Since Last Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.