Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus (4055 Views)

Proud Igbo From Port Hacourt Igbo Land; Duncan Mighty / IPOB Members Protest Live At Portharcourt And Not Even The Military Stop Them / PDP Governors React To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate And Proud Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 12:23pm On Apr 08
paramakina202:

Few years back he actually said he wasn't Igbo but seems he have realized there is much more to gain accepting his Igbo heritage than to be a sunday Olise.

I also think exposure has a way making people learn more about their intra ethnic groups....also Igbo is a huge brand.

Whenever I'm in Gabon 🇬🇦 Cameroon 🇨🇲 or Benin Republic Igbo community are always my zone..

4 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:28pm On Apr 08
franchasofficia:
His Igbo identity made him excel in his comedy career.

All the Rivers Igbo gospel music artists who once claimed they were Ikwerre and not Igbo later accepted they were Igbo when they later realized that it was their Igbo identity and Igbo names that helped them excel in their music careers.

Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos only deny their Igbo identity during politics because they know that Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas hate Igbos and will be glad to accept and support them politically once they deny being Igbo; it's all about survival, don't blame them, if Biafra had survived the civil war, many Igbos outside Southeast like those in Benue, Rivers, and Delta will be fighting to join their ancestral root in the Southeast.

Failure have no friend, while success have many friends. As Igbos failed to win the civil war, many Igbos outside Southeast started denying their Igbo identity in order to survive the post-war political battle between the 3 major tribes in Nigeria.

As Northern Nigeria started failing in all facets of life, can't you see how Middlebelt people started to deny being tagged as "one North" with Hausa-Fulanis of recent? But back then when the North was reigning, holding on to political and military power, everybody outside Southern Nigeria happily identified themselves as Northerners. So it's all about success and survival, so don't blame Igbos outside southeast denying being Igbo, they are doing it for survival, especially political survival in the murdy waters of Nigerian politics where Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas enjoy ganging up against anything Igbo

Illuminating post!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 12:37pm On Apr 08
franchasofficia:
His Igbo identity made him excel in his comedy career.

All the Rivers Igbo gospel music artists who once claimed they were Ikwerre and not Igbo later accepted they were Igbo when they later realized that it was their Igbo identity and Igbo names that helped them excel in their music careers.

Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos only deny their Igbo identity during politics because they know that Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas hate Igbos and will be glad to accept and support them politically once they deny being Igbo; it's all about survival, don't blame them, if Biafra had survived the civil war, many Igbos outside Southeast like those in Benue, Rivers, and Delta will be fighting to join their ancestral root in the Southeast.

Failure have no friend, while success have many friends. As Igbos failed to win the civil war, many Igbos outside Southeast started denying their Igbo identity in order to survive the post-war political battle between the 3 major tribes in Nigeria.

As Northern Nigeria started failing in all facets of life, can't you see how Middlebelt people started to deny being tagged as "one North" with Hausa-Fulanis of recent? But back then when the North was reigning, holding on to political and military power, everybody outside Southern Nigeria happily identified themselves as Northerners. So it's all about success and survival, so don't blame Igbos outside southeast denying being Igbo, they are doing it for survival, especially political survival in the murdy waters of Nigerian politics where Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas enjoy ganging up against anything Igbo

Wow.

Very useful analysis. I like the middlebelt analysis.

My father, though from cross river usually identify with Igbo communities in any African countries he found himself

He told me before the Biafra war, most of our people proudly spoke igbo but after 1970s things changed.

He's amazed how igbos bounced back from the war

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by paramakina202: 2:00pm On Apr 08
Daveconsult007:

I also think exposure has a way making people learn more about their intra ethnic groups....also Igbo is a huge brand.

Whenever I'm in Gabon 🇬🇦 Cameroon 🇨🇲 or Benin Republic Igbo community are always my zone..

That is how it is supposed to be to align with the larger family. Btw which state are you from?
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by engrchykae(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08
We are not hiring
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by DonXavi(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08
j
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Freebills12: 5:56pm On Apr 08
[color=#000099][/color]u
paramakina202:

Few years back he actually said he wasn't Igbo but seems he have realized there is much more to gain accepting his Igbo heritage than to be a sunday Olise.

Watched Oliseh's interview during Afcon by Arise TV he admitted that he is from Ikah known as Delta Igbo.
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by paramakina202: 7:25pm On Apr 08
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]u

Watched Oliseh's interview during Afcon by Arise TV he admitted that he is from Ikah known as Delta Igbo.

Who asked him again?
Last time nobody asked his ethnicity before he opened his wide mouth to talk trash.
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 10:13pm On Apr 08
paramakina202:

That is how it is supposed to be to align with the larger family. Btw which state are you from?

Cross River/Cameroonian (maternal)

2 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by paramakina202: 10:37pm On Apr 08
Daveconsult007:

Wow that is great
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by ebufa: 11:18pm On Apr 08
Armaggedon:
I stand to be corrected. I think he merely said he was Ikwerre instead just like mercy chinwo once did. They are gradually learning what is already known- that embracing ones identity is a necessity to a successful career in the arts.

You hit the nail on the head gbaam!! They are not double tongued politicians.........in the arts and entertainment industry, the Igbo market is pretty large....you do not want to mess with a huge part of your market!
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by LifeofDream: 11:32pm On Apr 08
Daveconsult007:

I sincerely hope you'll stop ascribing Lagos economic success to Igbo, it's becoming irritating from you...
You always talk as if Lagos is holding Akwa ibom or any Niger Delta port from reaching it full potential, it's better to keep quiet if you don't know something..
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 8:11am On Apr 09
LifeofDream:

I sincerely hope you'll stop ascribing Lagos economic success to Igbo, it's becoming irritating from you...
You always talk as if Lagos is holding Akwa ibom or any Niger Delta port from reaching it full potential, it's better to keep quiet if you don't know something..

I'm saying the obvious....

Nigeria port system is centralized.
As we speak , the new customs CG and Nafdac DG under this new administration has forced all pharmaceutical and chemical products to be cleared at Apapa port....animal products used to be cleared from Onne but not anymore.

We know how Tinapa Freetrade and Calabar port was sabotaged in mid 2000s

2 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 8:14am On Apr 09
LifeofDream:

You can't talk about Lagos economy without the Igbos..not just Lagos same goes many western abs central African economic hubs.
Visit Gabon, Cameroon,Equatorial Guinea, ivory coast, Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Benin and

3 Likes

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 8:15am On Apr 09
paramakina202:

Wow that is great

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by LifeofDream: 7:49am On Apr 10
Daveconsult007:

I'm saying the obvious....

Nigeria port system is centralized.
As we speak , the new customs CG and Nafdac DG under this new administration has forced all pharmaceutical and chemical products to be cleared at Apapa port....animal products used to be cleared from Onne but not anymore.

We know how Tinapa Freetrade and Calabar port was sabotaged in mid 2000s
You're not saying the obvious but nonsense.

Nigeria port system is not centralised, no one is stopping anybody from using onne port, stop saying nonsense you don't know. Always crying victim, what's wrong with you guys sef?..
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by LifeofDream: 7:51am On Apr 10
Daveconsult007:

You can't talk about Lagos economy without the Igbos..not just Lagos same goes many western abs central African economic hubs.
Visit Gabon, Cameroon,Equatorial Guinea, ivory coast, Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Benin and
While I agree Igbo contribute to the Lagos economy, stop making it look as if control the economy of Lagos.

Every sector of Lagos is controlled by Yoruba. Economy, entertainment, just mention it.. Know what you're saying before coming here to spew nonsense because it suit your ego..
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 2:04am On Apr 11
LifeofDream:

You're not saying the obvious but nonsense.

Nigeria port system is not centralised, no one is stopping anybody from using onne port, stop saying nonsense you don't know. Always crying victim, what's wrong with you guys sef?..

Lol.
You can only tell that to someone who's not in the maritime logistics.
I just gave you a reference with Nafdac and customs
Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by Daveconsult007: 2:06am On Apr 11
LifeofDream:

While I agree Igbo contribute to the Lagos economy, stop making it look as if control the economy of Lagos.

Every sector of Lagos is controlled by Yoruba. Economy, entertainment, just mention it.. Know what you're saying before coming here to spew nonsense because it suit your ego..

If that makes you sleep well at night....

Just remember there are tons of Yoruba folks crying out loud that Igbos are taking over

1 Like

Re: I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus by LifeofDream: 8:33am On Apr 11
Daveconsult007:

If that makes you sleep well at night....

Just remember there are tons of Yoruba folks crying out loud that Igbos are taking over
This is one of the problem I've with you.. Give me evidence instead of all those bullshit you wrote up there?...
I dey tell you as things be for my land, my state, yet you're telling me another thing.. Come clean instead of hiding under words to vet your personal vendetta against Yoruba..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University / FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others / Team GMB Vs Team GEJ - RubbinMinds Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.