Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project (23133 Views)

SERAP Takes Buhari To ECOWAS Court Over Secrecy In Loan Spending, Debt Crisis / Edo 2020: Atiku Knocks Buhari Over Police Siege On Wike / Atiku Knocks The Economist, Says Endorsement Of Buhari Scandalous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by kolaaderin: 1:03am On Apr 08
professorPABX:

Obasanjo on Atiku in his book "My Watch"

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach.
What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down .
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background.

Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake.
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."

Obasanjo nailed Atiku permanently to the cross here and he will never smell Aso rock again.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by James91: 1:10am On Apr 08
Why not start from Calabar, this is valid points

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by 99persait(m): 1:12am On Apr 08
Eleporobi:
Atiku is making some valid points
atiku has no moral justification to criticize Tinubu on this one. The project was initiated by by Jonathan administration but corruption did not not allow it to be executed.
Even buhari administration tried but same thing.
But the present administration has commenced the execution of the project without delay but haters are coming up with pessimism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by new2012: 1:23am On Apr 08
kolaaderin:
read between the lines and stop this no sense talk. The estimated calculation was done and arrive to be $12.56b for the whole length of 700km calculated from per km cost of the first phase of the road.

If that's the case, I guess Atiku's bone of contention will be change to a different contractor and model From build and operate to Govt sponsored.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Forkthiefnubu: 1:54am On Apr 08
He is using the federal resources to develop just his tribe , this project will never go beyond Lagos state
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Ilekokonit: 3:12am On Apr 08
“Tinubu has once again put his personal business interest ahead of that of the Nigerian people in violation of his oath of office where he swore that “I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions”.

These are grounds for impeaching the criminal called Tinubu in a sane society but when the National Assembly members are singing on your mandate we shall stand in the Assembly chambers, they are already in Tinubu's pockets lock, stock and barrel.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by udomonday: 3:12am On Apr 08
Boldideas:

If Good luck administration awarded it at $11.9b USD in 2014, and Tinubu's administration is doing it at $12.56 billion,.. Are prices of materials the same from 2014 till date. Lets even start with price of cement. Atiku Mekano should be objective in his criticism! This is not objective and intelligent of him at all..
why didnt good luck Jonathan complete the project then,if not because of corruption why would award a project when you are leaving office,what happened the whole period when you were in office?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Ilekokonit: 3:13am On Apr 08
paramakina202:
Nigerians knows Tifnubu as a greedy thief adicted to primitive wealth acquisition yet they allowed him to become president.

Nigerians are addicted to punishment.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by seunlayi(m): 3:32am On Apr 08
TheBillyonaire:
Atiku is making valid points. Public funds requires transparent expense analysis.

If it is PPP, why budget government funds and why award to your business partners firms without bidding process from Bureau of Public Enterprise?

Why not award the contracts to multiples of companies to implement simulteneously?
Our agbadorians won't see the points. It's actually a serious offence against the fed govt if we have a working house
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by gabbytabby: 4:03am On Apr 08
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Rumundele(m): 5:27am On Apr 08
Both of you are thieves
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Charly68: 5:37am On Apr 08
Your own privatization program never gets tail since .. leave Jagaban alone and focus on your PDP wahala
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by FireUpNow(m): 6:13am On Apr 08
Obrigardo:
Knocks what?

It's only Africans I see writing idiotic headlines like this. Can't you get better words for your title?
Why do African and mostly Nigerian editors use archaic words in their headlines?

Knocks. woos. and other rubbish sounding words.

So it doesn't happen I. The USA that your from? Hmmm
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by samomoli: 6:16am On Apr 08
It's people like you that will be shouting prices of items are dropping but here you are supporting inflated contract that prices are higher. Continue who caused the price increase in the first place and minimum wage is stagnant
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by BigIyanga: 6:36am On Apr 08
Another opportunity for BAT and his cronies to usurp people’s investments and properties along lagos-lekki-vi costal line. Their number 1 target is Landmark Beach Center…that’s why they gave 7days to legal landlord to vacate his property. This is an opportunity for thm extort businesses
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by professorPABX: 7:01am On Apr 08
James91:
Why not start from Calabar, this is valid points

Economic exigencies and necessities. Why did the Colonial masters relocated to Lagos?

Why is there Dakar - Lagos Highway Project by the African Union? Why didn't Jonathan start the South South road to Lagos from Sagamu end during his tenure? Why was money not released to Berger / RCC consortium handling Lagos Ibadan expressway since 2013 he awarded the contract until he left office. Berger and RCC consortium only mobilized to site without funding last quarter of 2014 because of election and suspended work end of 2014 to monitor outcome of Presidential election. At this point 1% of the jobs had not been done. This is the only major project of Yaradua Jonathan government in South West. They killed OLOKOLA LNG project started by OBJ and expected votes from South West by instructing Berger and RCC to mobilize to site end of 2014. Despite inheriting very bad situation, Dave Umahi has been everywhere on projects and money released to States.

This is my last submission on Atiku on this topic. The money Atiku made from INTEL Logistics deals during Obasanjo and Yaradua Jonathan government is enough to complete this road.

Atiku and his co travellers have problems with the project because it gives them depression. IBB/Abacha created mess, OBJ came and cleared it. Tinubu is around to clear the mess created since OBJ left they are complaining.
Atiku or his IBO spokesman mentioned Gilbert the owner of HITECH. There are so many things giving them hypertension - the Atlantic City and the Lekki Deep Seaport and the survival of Victoria Island/Lekki/Ajah which they expected would be submerged by Atlantic Ocean but which by Mercy of God and Courage of Tinubu survived.

In those days whenever I visit Onne Ports Complex I always weep bitterly for Nigeria so, it is the same Atiku that is still talking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by prigoz(m): 7:35am On Apr 08
CoronaVirusPro:
Atiku should go and rest please!

Someone who had 8 years to make a name for himself, but was busy looting at all corners!

If Atiku had made a name for himself, he won’t even need the attention he is craving. Now he has the loots but has lost reputation, credibility and trust.

Atiku should channel his energy into cat fish farming.

He should learn from Osinbajo. Man made a name for himself and would be welcomed anytime.
Why are you attacking messenger instead of attacking the massage, how much stipend are you receiving every month to defend incompetent. One day you will die defending evil. Tufiakwa.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Menclothing1: 7:36am On Apr 08
When you in power all Nigeria resources you use it to build personal asset no development felt in your state or north
I support Lagos Calabar road project it should be toll
For
Maintenance
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Kukutenla: 7:53am On Apr 08
Boldideas:

If Good luck administration awarded it at $11.9b USD in 2014, and Tinubu's administration is doing it at $12.56 billion,.. Are prices of materials the same from 2014 till date. Lets even start with price of cement. Atiku Mekano should be objective in his criticism! This is not objective and intelligent of him at all..
You jumped Buhari reducing it by $800m in 2019 to $11.1bn

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by tj2018: 8:01am On Apr 08
Looks as if Atiku and I discussed this issue. *Why is the road starting from Lagos and not Calabar. What then is East west Road.
CoronaVirusPro:
Atiku should go and rest please!

Someone who had 8 years to make a name for himself, but was busy looting at all corners!

If Atiku had made a name for himself, he won’t even need the attention he is craving. Now he has the loots but has lost reputation, credibility and trust.

Atiku should channel his energy into cat fish farming.

He should learn from Osinbajo. Man made a name for himself and would be welcomed anytime.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by 3Ceagle(m): 8:04am On Apr 08
Focusmind:
These are some serious points and allegations. Sadly, Nigerians don't ask questions and can defend the indefensible because of ethnic and tribal affiliations. People are up there attacking Atiku instead of looking at the allegations he made. Atiku is not a Saint neither but did he made valid points? yes! That project would never get to Calabar. That was my first thought when Umahi muted that idea of Lagos to calabar coastal road, probably to confuse the citizens from asking pertinent questions. Pictures of the commencement of the project flooded the social media and people went into frenzy. But are our leaders sincere with the project and appropriation of public funds relating to it? Only time would tell.

A thief is calling out an Ogbologbo thief, supporters are poised for online fight.
The Atiku camp raised very serious and critical questions and some palliative miscreant instead of looking critically at those points they are busy pointing fingers. One even said Buhari, a widely acclaimed failure built infrastructure to Niger, therefor whatever Tinubu does is justified. Na wa for our people.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 8:14am On Apr 08
kolaaderin:
stupid talks,is the said location not part of Nigeria? Where do you want the project to start, Lagos border? And another stupid talk will also arrive in ogun state so as every states the road will cross. Hatred is making people never to be objective and seriously lacks critical thinking.

You are the one that is not objective here because you cannot even see the game being played here. First phase is not even connecting Ogun state, but it starts and ends in Lagos and the next thing you know the project will stall because of funding but by then the main objective which is the road that should have been a state project would have been cunningly completed.
Try and get small sense, not everyone comments from a hatred standpoint like you people.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 8:17am On Apr 08
Emir01:

You're are loss already in Atiku propaganda, who's constructing Lekki Epe? Do you even know d progress of the road before Atiku fallacious claim, trying to link Alphabet and number together to justify nonsense. Minister didn't dodge anything, the question asked by Seun was different question, why did Atiku not write jargons about Third Milan Bridge, the contract was initially awarded to Julius berger before it was reviewed and bidding was done and awarded to CCEC. He's crying because Hitec is handling the road, let Atiku bring money and construct it, we have alot of roads to be constructed let him bring money to d table wether government will not give him, this is the same man milking government for years with his company at the port. Saying Lagos don't publish their budget means you are not following Government programs. Go to Lagos government website wether u will not find their budget there. Where do you think Funsho Doherty find what he criticised Sanwo-Olu about? Even Incompetent GRV accusing government of funding APC tribunal case in their budget.

Look it is not because of HITECH, it is the obvious fraud in the project that is the issue here. You guys just are attacking Atiku without seeing the obvious fraud.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by sokera: 8:29am On Apr 08
Atiku won’t make any comment when TInubu make any serious policy but you will only hear him talk when it comes to money,contracts and money issues…
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Kusu12: 9:14am On Apr 08
Dubia landlord is back on self imposed sabbatical. Dubia landlord is a serial election loser and Obingo a serial party defector. Two failures forming Mr know it all.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Kukutenla: 10:10am On Apr 08
It is unfortunate that this thread is filled with insults to Atiku by a particular group of charlatans

The man is opening a can of worms of heist, cronyism and corruption at the highest level and the best some retards can do is to call him names

These same doofus were the ones shouting change in 2015

I always find it funny that people who purportedly "fought" the Abacha govt for "democracy" became friends to his closest friends after his demise. Today, we have a Tinubu being friends with Chagoury. His Minister responsible for budgeting and planning for the govt is a confirmed former bagman of Abacha.

But it is Obasanjo that hated MKO and never recognized his sacrifices according to their zombies.

Chagoury is using govt money to build a road from his property to another end of town for easy access to a port and some idiots only have a problem with the name of the whistleblower. Five years down the line, such fools will pay toll through their nose for a road built with govt funds. By then, they will have forgotten that the road was supposed to reach Calabar.

Zombies are cursed to suffer while others enjoy!
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Kukutenla: 10:21am On Apr 08
professorPABX:

Economic exigencies and necessities. Why did the Colonial masters relocated to Lagos?

Why is there Dakar - Lagos Highway Project by the African Union? Why didn't Jonathan start the South South road to Lagos from Sagamu end during his tenure? Why was money not released to Berger / RCC consortium handling Lagos Ibadan expressway since 2013 he awarded the contract until he left office. Berger and RCC consortium only mobilized to site without funding last quarter of 2014 because of election and suspended work end of 2014 to monitor outcome of Presidential election. At this point 1% of the jobs had not been done. This is the only major project of Yaradua Jonathan government in South West. They killed OLOKOLA LNG project started by OBJ and expected votes from South West by instructing Berger and RCC to mobilize to site end of 2014. Despite inheriting very bad situation, Dave Umahi has been everywhere on projects and money released to States.

This is my last submission on Atiku on this topic. The money Atiku made from INTEL Logistics deals during Obasanjo and Yaradua Jonathan government is enough to complete this road.

Atiku and his co travellers have problems with the project because it gives them depression. IBB/Abacha created mess, OBJ came and cleared it. Tinubu is around to clear the mess created since OBJ left they are complaining.
Atiku or his IBO spokesman mentioned Gilbert the owner of HITECH. There are so many things giving them hypertension - the Atlantic City and the Lekki Deep Sea and the survival of Victoria Island/Lekki/Ajah which they expected would be submerged by Atlantic Ocean but which by Mercy of God and Courage of Tinubu survived.

In those days whenever I visit Onne Ports Complex I always weep bitterly for Nigeria so, it is the same Atiku that is still talking.
Rubbish talk. Intels is a private company. Your claim is like saying the money made from The Nation and TVC is enough to complete Blue rail in Lagos. That's a foolish talk regardless of the fact that both firms were established with Lagos money and property.

The chagoury who is building the road is a friend to IBB/Abacha that you claimed created the mess. So Chagoury is cleaning his friend's mess?

1.06trn is being handed over to Hitech to build less than 50km of road. The contract signed said Hitech will fund the project with the govt not paying a dime so why are they being paid 1.06trn without the contract being revoked or reviewed?

Only up to Shagamu is billed to be funded by FG. If Chagoury cannot fund less than 100km of a 700km road, how is he expected to fund the remaining 600km? Turn on your brain and read between the lines
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Dc14(m): 11:14am On Apr 08
professorPABX:

Atiku or his IBO spokesman mentioned Gilbert the owner of HITECH. There are so many things giving them hypertension - the Atlantic City and the Lekki Deep Sea and the survival of Victoria Island/Lekki/Ajah which they expected would be submerged by Atlantic Ocean but which by Mercy of God and Courage of Tinubu survived.

much respect bro
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Taigaban: 11:32am On Apr 08
This is the super highway that may never come to fruition. They will start the Lagos section of the Road. If it's gets to Ondo the project will die there. That's what I am seeing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Budget Padding Crisis Beyond APC Now – Chief Whip / Buhari Appoints Osinbajo As NEMA Chairman / Lithium Is The New Oil, Gov’t Must Control Its Exploitation – Malami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.