Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project (23164 Views)

SERAP Takes Buhari To ECOWAS Court Over Secrecy In Loan Spending, Debt Crisis / Edo 2020: Atiku Knocks Buhari Over Police Siege On Wike / Atiku Knocks The Economist, Says Endorsement Of Buhari Scandalous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 9:34pm On Apr 07
Tareq1105:
Atiku would forever remain in pain bcoz he still found it difficult to swallow the fact that he had contested for president 6 times without success and Tinubu just came and got it at first attempt.

This is a project that received applaud from all the 10 states that are connected.

It's Atiku s right to criticize while Tinubu carry on with the project.

Is this what your childish mind could muster?
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 9:36pm On Apr 07
AareGaa:

Leave GEJ out of this.

Jonathan himself betrayed Alamieyeseigha to become Bayelsa Governor.

No permanent friend or enemy in politics.

How did Jonathan betray Alamieyeseigha? Was he not arrested in UK with cash and he ran away and was impeached. How did GEJ betray him? Una go just dey write rubbish.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Ever8090: 9:36pm On Apr 07
CoronaVirusPro:
Atiku should go and rest please!

Someone who had 8 years to make a name for himself, but was busy looting at all corners!

If Atiku had made a name for himself, he won’t even need the attention he is craving. Now he has the loots but has lost reputation, credibility and trust.

Atiku should channel his energy into cat fish farming.

He should learn from Osinbajo. Man made a name for himself and would be welcomed anytime.
but are the quoted figures accurate?..the nature of the contract analysis by Atiku should be the area you should contest and be defending and not his personality for now sir ...
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 9:37pm On Apr 07
Kay25:

Fine accepted but do u know how much atiku stole under privatisation?
I know Atiku is a thief and he will account for it someday, but you see this revelation on the Lagos Calabar Road it is clearly the truth.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Jostoman: 9:37pm On Apr 07
CoronaVirusPro:

Someone who had 8 years to make a name for himself, but was busy looting at all corners!

If Atiku had made a name for himself, he won’t even need the attention he is craving. Now he has the loots but has lost reputation, credibility and trust.

He should learn from Osinbajo. Man made a name for himself and would be welcomed anytime.
Atiku is well love by people because he is not a tribalistic man and he has made a name for himself because nigeria have the best economy in Africa during his time as vice president.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 9:38pm On Apr 07
CoronaVirusPro:

Yes!

Because corruption exist in every Democracy and “NO” nation has curbed it, and I still stressed it in my statement that, His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is working on it!

Bros stop saying rubbish we know that there is corruption, but right leadership should ensure that corruption is curbed. Where a leader is stylishly using the government to advance his business interests that one is a no.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Jostoman: 9:40pm On Apr 07
Na money for campaign for 2027 election this government of this calamity APC people just dey gather.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 9:40pm On Apr 07
Ever8090:
but are the quoted figures accurate?..the nature of the contract analysis by Atiku should be the area you should contest and be defending and not his personality for now sir ...

He is not in position to talk, which is only for political gains!

Same Atiku now trying and working hard to sound brilliant, as of me and you don’t know the corrupt failure he happens to be.

Imagine a Netanyahu condemning the war crimes in Congo? Verified demons should be making suggestions or recommendations. They had the chance and all they did was loot the treasury!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 9:41pm On Apr 07
Dittodat:

Thank you very much Mr. Smartis. So because Fashola had envisioned a similar project from VI to Epe back then, that automatically means that a new project with similar intent but longer should not start in Lagos? Your sense is not making any common sense.
And what's wrong with starting it in Lagos? Lagos is the commercial center of the country and needs the road more than Calabar. The immediate economic impact of the road will be felt in Lagos more than in any other part of Lagos.
Again, Atiku is simply seeking cheap attention. Nigerians will not care where it's starting from as long as they finish the project and deliver with good quality.

Oga shut up again. In the first place why lie to people that it is Lagos - Calabar Road when the first phase starts and ends in Lagos? Also the project of they were sincere should start from Calabar since Lagos in your words is the commercial nerve center any serious construction of this magnitude can crippen businesses. Rhe same Hitech couldn't finish Lagos - Epe, is it Lagos Calabar they will finish.
Bro stop collecting that propaganda salary and look for a decent job.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 9:41pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

Bros stop saying rubbish we know that there is corruption, but right leadership should ensure that corruption is curbed. Where a leader is stylishly using the government to advance his business interests that one is a no.

Be patient!

Asiwaju is working on it! It’s too early to judge the man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by temielects(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by stevups(m): 9:44pm On Apr 07
Werey, did Buhari pass through NEC before Niger Railroad, Omo ale

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Blaze14k: 9:46pm On Apr 07
CoronaVirusPro:

And is corruption peculiar to the democracy in Nigeria?

Asiwaju is working on it.

Is it peculiar in this government? Yes buh when we speak up u attack obi. If you want a better country fight for it

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by paramakina202: 9:46pm On Apr 07
Sleekfingers:

Nigerians voted for him. Like him or not . He is your president. And I believe, he will do the necessary.
You don't expect the rot in Nigeria to just go away in 4 years. But if he fails , he will be booted out in 2027.

Unfortunately he seems to be failing.
Tinubu is corruption personified.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 9:49pm On Apr 07
Blaze14k:

Is it peculiar in this government? Yes buh when we speak up u attack obi. If you want a better country fight for it

My humble and highly respectable self is doing everything possible to achieve that. His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) happens to have listening ears irrespective of political, tribal or religious divide, and that, I have been exploiting.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 9:53pm On Apr 07
CoronaVirusPro:

Be patient!

Asiwaju is working on it! It’s too early to judge the man.

This guy is not doing anything trust me he is fleecing you.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by nedekid: 9:57pm On Apr 07
dynicks:
Just need 5million from that money and I will be fine....
Hope you mean 5m in dollars.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by CoronaVirusPro: 9:57pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

My instincts are close to perfection. Asiwaju would deliver!

Your criticisms are healthy and constructive, but you also have to give enough time before you arrive at a final conclusion.

We all know decades old decays in the system before he assumed office, and should. It expect it to be eradicated in 1 year. Change is a gradual process.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by professorPABX: 10:01pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

Obasanjo on Atiku in his book "My Watch"

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach.
What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down .
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background.

Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake.
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by onuman: 10:01pm On Apr 07
Morbeta11:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/atiku-knocks-tinubu-over-secrecy-in-lagos-calabar-highway-project/

Roads and railway lines are built to join as many major cities as reachable, not to join an oil producing area to another part of the country - join PH to Lagos through the coast.
Worse, a costal road nd railway lines on a marshy topography in a 3rd World country like Nigeria should be an honest investor's nightmare. How many people will pay the tolls? When the investor recovers his money and leaves, Nigeria can't maintain the road. It's a bogey project being rushed for parochial interests.
One third of what will be put on this coastal road can build an easily attainable superhighway and railway lines from Lagos-Ijebuode-Ore-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Nnewi-Orlu-Owerri-Aba-Portharcourt, with spurs to Calabar, to Warri . Very easy and more economically viable. The massive opposition to this wastage on marshy coastal terrain that can easily be washed away by ocean waters is building and must eventually kill the project.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by jaxxy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07
CoronaVirusPro:

osibanjo thats was told to go and sell ice cream by apc power grabbers. undecided
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by AareGaa: 10:03pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

How did Jonathan betray Alamieyeseigha? Was he not arrested in UK with cash and he ran away and was impeached. How did GEJ betray him? Una go just dey write rubbish.

Atiku did not owe GEJ any loyalty
GEJ let Alamieyeseigha down because of his desperation to become Governor.

Where did Alamieyeseigha run to? He escaped from his London detention and sneaked into the country. By then the state assembly members and Jonathan had sneaked into Abuja to plan his impeachment with the support of Obasanjo.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Ofunaofu: 10:04pm On Apr 07
Boldideas:

If Good luck administration awarded it at $11.9b USD in 2014, and Tinubu's administration is doing it at $12.56 billion,.. Are prices of materials the same from 2014 till date. Lets even start with price of cement. Atiku Mekano should be objective in his criticism! This is not objective and intelligent of him at all..

And you didn't see the below

The statement affirmed the minister’s remark that it would come at zero cost to Nigeria, adding:

“The concept of the project was build, operate and transfer, meaning that Hitech would construct the road, operate it for some years and then recoup its money through tollgates before handing it back to the Nigerian government.

“Because the project did not require public funds, it did not go through approval from the National Assembly, which holds the power of appropriation. Also, the project only went through the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) with no record of a competitive bidding since Chagoury’s firm was to fund the project 100%.

“However, to the shock of many Nigerians, Umahi returned to FEC with a memo in March 2024 seeking the approval of N1.06 trillion that would be paid to Chagoury’s firm for the first phase of the project which is wholly in Lagos.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by blacknp(m): 10:07pm On Apr 07
paramakina202:
Nigerians knows Tifnubu as a greedy thief adicted to primitive wealth acquisition yet they allowed him to become president.
You go wail tire.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Emir01: 10:08pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

If truly there was FOI why is it that Ministry of works is yet to publish the full contract sum?

Have u requested for it and they deny u or Atiku? Everything Atiku put their is mama cecilia gist. The contract was legally awarded and their was bidding process. Atiku is a wounded and coward loser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by blacknp(m): 10:08pm On Apr 07
Ofunaofu:

And you didn't see the below

The statement affirmed the minister’s remark that it would come at zero cost to Nigeria, adding:

“The concept of the project was build, operate and transfer, meaning that Hitech would construct the road, operate it for some years and then recoup its money through tollgates before handing it back to the Nigerian government.

“Because the project did not require public funds, it did not go through approval from the National Assembly, which holds the power of appropriation. Also, the project only went through the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) with no record of a competitive bidding since Chagoury’s firm was to fund the project 100%.

“However, to the shock of many Nigerians, Umahi returned to FEC with a memo in March 2024 seeking the approval of N1.06 trillion that would be paid to Chagoury’s firm for the first phase of the project which is wholly in Lagos.
Keep wailing, or get with the program.

Hope you can sustain your gnashing till 2031?
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by onecansee: 10:08pm On Apr 07

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Ofunaofu: 10:09pm On Apr 07
Mvnster:

Baba de para cos them sideline him chinese bosses

Is that the answer to these serious points raised here

Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 10:10pm On Apr 07
Emir01:

Have u requested for it and they deny u or Atiku? Everything Atiku put their is mama cecilia gist. The contract was legally awarded and their was bidding process. Atiku is a wounded and coward loser.

Is it that you are dense in thinking. Even the minister for works dodged talking about the full amount. Ever since FOI came into being, has Lagos state ever published their budget for all to see? Oga stop capping nonsense here.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 10:11pm On Apr 07
AareGaa:

Atiku did not owe GEJ any loyalty
GEJ let Alamieyeseigha down because of his desperation to become Governor.

Where did Alamieyeseigha run to? He escaped from his London detention and sneaked into the country. By then the state assembly members and Jonathan had sneaked into Abuja to plan his impeachment with the support of Obasanjo.

Iga leave Jonathan out of this Obasanjo did not need Jonathan to impeach Alams, stop these lies abeg.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Believeintruth: 10:12pm On Apr 07
professorPABX:

Obasanjo on Atiku in his book "My Watch"

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach.
What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down .
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background.

Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake.
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."

But this is also a classic description of Tinubu as well.
Re: Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project by Ofunaofu: 10:13pm On Apr 07
blacknp:
Keep wailing, or get with the program.

Hope you can sustain your gnashing till 2031?

I knew you would attack me, even though I didn't mention you.

Whenever your notorious narcotics drug trafficker, Bullion Van Lord, is exposed, you begin to run around like a headless chicken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Amaechi Live On Channelstv / Chicago University: Remove Tinubu Or Apologize To Mmesoma – Aisha Yesufu / Imo Jailbreak: 85 Fleeing Inmates Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.