Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man (888 Views)

Physically Challenged Woman Who Claimed Her Baby Got Missing In Church Confesses / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Tells The Story Of How He Once Drank Tea With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
Are u such a baby that u cant understand english?
What is especially clear here is that I am not the one with the English problem.
Stargirl2011:
I am tired of seeing this, it is not ur encounter read Genesis 18:1-10. If God can eat cakes, then what is tea? When people say their encounter, do not counter them because u have not had one before.
Chapter 18 never writes of YHWH eating cakes or drinking tea with anyone. undecided
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 3:23pm On Apr 10
Kobojunkie:
So, you are attempting to say now that what is written by the author in Chapter 18 is become irrelevant because of chapter 19? Are you certain I am the one desperate to rewrite the contents of the very chapter you referenced? undecided

By the way, neither chapter 18 of chapter 19 says what you originally claimed which is that YHWH at with a man. So, I am not even certain what you hope to gain by this ridiculous digression of yours here which only serves to prove the falsehood of your GO daddy there. undecided
I am not a member of RCCG, I am just a smart teen.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 3:24pm On Apr 10
John 4:24 - God is Spirit
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
I am not a member of RCCG, I am just a smart teen.
Smart is far from you if you are already twisting 1000s of years old words that were written down by men of OLd to assert ideas that were instead fed to you by ignorant men. Are you saying these men you listen to today are wiser than those men of Old, who thousands of years ago, wrote what it is they believed to be of God and their personal experience of Him? undecided

The writer you quoted never said YHWH ate or drank anything; men are written to have eaten with Abraham. Why are you desperate to cast the writer of the piece as a liar all to raise a GO Daddy and his life up high? undecided

No be mouth dem dey take claim smartness... lipsrsealed
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 3:28pm On Apr 10
Kobojunkie:
What is especially clear here is that I am not the one with the English problem. Chapter 18 never writes of YHWH eating cakes or drinking tea with anyone. undecided
Yes it did not say he ate the cakes neither did it say that he did not eat d cakes and besides, what God cannot do does not exist. Counter me!
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
Yes it did not say he ate the cakes neither did it say that he did not eat d cakes and besides, what God cannot do does not exist. Counter me!
Counter you? The passage already makes clear the lie of your claim. Wetin we dey counter again? undecided

There are several things God cannot do by the way.
▶ He cannot lie
▶ He can't change His mind
▶ He can't bend His law and standard for any man's sake
▶ He cannot go out of His way of appease men and their desires
▶ He cannot undo that which He has declared eternally so
▶ He cannot turn the lies of men into His Truth nor can the lies of men become His Truth...

So, the statement "what God cannot do does not exist" is an outright lie in itself! grin
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 3:35pm On Apr 10
Kobojunkie:
Smart is far from you if you are already twisting 1000s of years old words that were written down by men of OLd to assert ideas that were instead fed to you by ignorant men. Are you saying these men you listen to today are wiser than those men of Old, who thousands of years ago, wrote what it is they believed to be of God and their personal experience of Him? undecided

The writer you quoted never said YHWH ate or drank anything; men are written to have eaten with Abraham. Why are you desperate to cast the writer of the piece as a liar all to raise a GO Daddy and his life up high? undecided

No be mouth dem dey take claim smartness... lipsrsealed
Wait oh who is the Bible twister everyone has been talking about? Oh yes it is kobojunkie i am sure u are only angry that a 13 year old is pointing out ur lies.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
■ Wait oh who is the Bible twister everyone has been talking about? Oh yes it is kobojunkie i am sure u are only angry that a 13 year old is pointing out ur lies.
Ah! What are churchians without undercover gaslighting? Calling me a bible-twister does not prove anything. This thread here instead serves as evidence against your belief. grin
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 3:46pm On Apr 10
Kobojunkie:
Ah! What are churchians without undercover gaslighting? Calling me a bible-twister does not prove anything. This thread here instead serves as evidence against your belief. grin
i am not a church goer
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
i am not a church goer
Let me guess! You also never listen to GOs, Popes, religious gods of men etcetera even though your other thread indicates you clearly do. Abegi! Make person hear word o'jare! grin
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 3:50pm On Apr 10
Kobojunkie:
Let me guess! You also never listen to GOs, Popes, religious gods of men etcetera even though your other thread indicates you clearly do. Abegi! Make person hear word o'jare! grin
U talking this rubbish cause u dont know me!
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 3:53pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
I am tired of seeing this, it is not ur encounter read Genesis 18:1-10. If God can eat cakes, then what is tea? When people say their encounter, do not counter them because u have not had one before.

If you read the passage, friend, you’ll see the men ate what Abraham and his servant prepared for them, and not what Sarah prepared. Technically, he didn’t eat her cakes, as your said. But they “ate” the items used for sacrifice - a choice calf without blemish, and the curds and the milk. If you are an ardent reader of the scriptures, you would see that this is an allegory of a sacrifice rather than a “meal eating”.

Why do I say this? It is written in Exodus 23:19:

The choicest first-fruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother’s milk.

Also Deut 14:21-22

You shall not eat anything that has died naturally. .. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. “You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk.“…

God is in a way teaching Abraham how to offer an acceptable sacrifice as opposed to the manner of the Canaanites idolaters. (Please study in-depth the verses I presented really mean)

Another place in the scripture you should peruse is Judges 13- Here, the pre-incarnate God appears to Samson’s parent and the following ensues:

16 The angel of the Lord said to Manoah, "Though you detain me, I will not eat your food, but if you prepare a burnt offering, then offer it to the Lord." For Manoah did not know that he was the angel of the Lord.
19 So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering and offered it on the rock to the Lord, and He performed wonders while Manoah and his wife looked on

You can ask me anything if I have digressed
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:
John 4:24 - God is Spirit
All born-agains, those who are born of spirit— not the religious fakes who don't know their left or right from Jesus Christ—, are equally spirit beings, right? So, I don't believe it is just a matter of being spirit. undecided
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 3:57pm On Apr 10
Kobojunkie:
All born-agains, those who are born of spirit, are equally spirit beings, right? So, I don't believe it is just a matter of being spirit. undecided

Okay sir
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 5:17pm On Apr 10
@kasalagoburst, thanks for d correction now, dis is how to correct someone with love unlike some people who correct with hatered u deserve a follower...

1 Like

Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 5:22pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
@kasalagoburst, thanks for d correction now, dis is how to correct someone with love unlike some people who correct with hatered u deserve a follower...

Thanks ma’am
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 5:28pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:

Thanks ma’am
U are welcome and i am a girl not a ma'am

1 Like

Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 5:38pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
U are welcome and i am a girl not a ma'am

My sister-in-law, 23, is married and she loves Korra and Aang like they were here life. I call her ma’am and she could be you, as she prefers being called a girl.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 6:33pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:

My sister-in-law, 23, is married and she loves Korra and Aang like they were here life. I call her ma’am and she could be you, as she prefers being called a girl.
Abeg wetin u dey talk and i am not joking i am not a madam... So u also love avater? Why not participate in my newest thread? It is based on Avatar Aang the last airbender. How old are u ?

2 Likes

Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 6:36pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:

I am not ur sis-in-law!

2 Likes

Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01pm On Apr 10
Simple the baba lied! undecided
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 7:02pm On Apr 10
Stargirl2011:
Abeg wetin u dey talk and i am not joking i am not a madam... So u also love avater? Why not participate in my newest thread? It is based on Avatar Aang the last airbender. How old are u ?

I am old o. I have watched all the episodes of the last airbender and the Korra Series. But I am too old to talk cartoons.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kasalagoburst: 7:11pm On Apr 10
MaxInDHouse:
Simple the baba lied! undecided

Yes, he did. In a theocracy, he would have been charged for witchcraft and blasphemy.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:

Yes, he did. In a theocracy, he would have been charged for witchcraft and blasphemy.
Of course during the dark ages he would have been charged for witchcraft but today people going to church aren't interested in knowing all of that what really matters to them is his fame among his cohorts.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 8:04pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:

I am old o. I have watched all the episodes of the last airbender and the Korra Series. But I am too old to talk cartoons.
no one is too old
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Apr 10
Kasalagoburst:
■ If you read the passage, friend, you’ll see the men ate what Abraham and his servant prepared for them, and not what Sarah prepared. Technically, he didn’t eat her cakes, as your said. But they “ate” the items used for sacrifice - a choice calf without blemish, and the curds and the milk. If you are an ardent reader of the scriptures, you would see that this is an allegory of a sacrifice rather than a “meal eating”....
Are you still on the same chapter of Genesis 18 or some other chapter that is not mentioned? undecided
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by FxMasterz: 9:39pm On Apr 10
ignis:
Recently, there has been a stir within the Christian community regarding statements made by Pastor Abel Damina criticizing Pastor E. A Adeboye's claim of having tea with God. While some voices support Damina's skepticism, others argue for the possibility of such divine interactions.

Is it feasible for God to engage in physical activities, such as drinking tea, with humanity. I would like perspectives, biblical references, to contemplate the nature of such divine encounter.

Stargirl2011, please take note that Kobojunkie is a renown demoniac on this forum. I have told him severally to go for deliverance because he is undoubtedly demon possessed.

The scripture you quoted for him in Genesis about God visiting Abraham and eating with him was true but the demon possessed kobojunkie sought to mislead you. Do not give in to his deception. He's a satanic agent who hates the church of God and all ministers of the gospel.

Is it possible for God to drink tea with man? Very possible. This does not mean that God would literally drink the tea but He is capable of making the tea disappear in order to give the impression that He drank the tea. God does such things atimes when He wants to assure you that He is still with you. I can confidently say that Adeboye was passing through tough times that wanted to shake his faith at the time of that event. God used the tea to tell him that "Son, I am still with you in all these."

Note that God didn't tell Adeboye that He drank the tea. He only told him that "When you wanted to drink the tea, didn't you invite me?" He invited God, God can do anything with the tea. He doesn't have to drink it.

However, this is what the Lord Jesus Himself has said in the Bible:

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Note that Jesus said He'll come in and dine (eat) with anyone who opens the doors of his heart to Him.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Apr 10
▶So, it was not YHWH who had tea with Adeboye but now Jesus Christ? Let's see what Jesus Christ said is His food.
32 But Jesus answered, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”
33 So the followers asked themselves, “Did someone already bring him some food?”
34 Jesus said,My food is to do what the one who sent me wants me to do. My food is to finish the work that he gave me to do - John 4 vs 32 - 34
▶How does drinking of tea place into what Jesus Christ said? undecided
▶Did God ever ask men for tea as an offering or even part of a meal? undecided

God can do anything with tea meaning God is an anyhow God who bends His way and will for the sake of men or what? Which God by the way? Cause Adeboye's god keeps sounding more and more like a personal idol he has with him or something. undecided
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Sapasenator: 10:08pm On Apr 10
ignis:

What would Papa Adeboye gain by lying ?

To make his sheep worship him and think he is second in command to God.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Stargirl2011(f): 10:09pm On Apr 10
u have sense kobojunkie is a useless idiotic fool.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Emusan(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10
Genesis 18 shows YHWH is ONE of the MEN who visited Abraham and YHWH did eat, so anyone one doubting God can drink tea with men is never a believer in the True God reason why He was called THE ALMIGHTY.
Re: Exploring The Possibility Of God Physically Drinking Tea With Man by Emusan(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10
Sapasenator:
To make his sheep worship him and think he is second in command to God.

And who are you worshipping?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is This World Turnin Into / Shocking , Shocking - Read Url And Comment On America's Destiny / What Happens To Those That Take Vengence To Themself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.