Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Bdcs Are In Trouble - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bdcs Are In Trouble (5177 Views)

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength / FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by ElSudani: 6:30pm On Apr 08
Forumites:
how much is a cup of garri in your area? Na that one the average Nigerians wan hear.

Isn't it now clear to you that the astronomical rise in the prices of foodstuffs was arbitrary and nothing to do with the exchange rates?
Dollars has dropped significantly against the Naira but the prices of foodstuffs are still the same. Can someone please explain this to me?

6 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by WizardOfNG: 6:34pm On Apr 08
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

The same Obi that has been praising the FG in his fight for Naira. The same Obi that has voiced his support in the hike in electric tariff. You just hate this man

Fake BS from Obi. Praise two and denounce over 50. Reason it bro. I don’t hate Obi. I am just exposed enough to know he is the product of how warped Nigeria is.

Average, cowardly and totally incompetent Governor now turned into a messiah in a nation where ethnic, religious and sectional toxicity has destroyed the ability of most Nigerians to reason rationally.

We have seen Obi begging and kissing OBJ’s feet while Tinubu decided to fight our vindictive and unforgiving wicked former President who used everything to destroy enemies and pawns (Alamasiegha, Dariye, Tafa Balogun etal) while he gave soft landing to friends and cherished affiliates like Dimeji Bankole, Patricia Etteh and co.

Tinubu confronted the OBJ monster and banished it. Obi begged and prostrated yet still got impeached and disgraced.

No real man who knows how life works, especially in a nation with the most wicked human being in the world, like Nigeria, will ever back a weakling like Obi in favour of Tinubu no one has ever pushed around.

Not even the brutal Abacha that Tinubu amassed an impressive force to fight while Obi was busy working directly to aid Abacha’s Evil and dictatorial enslavement of Nigeria.

Obi is an unfit joke and a clown. You are free to worship him but it simply reveals your lack of essences tha would be typical of any man who wants to say he understands what men must do and what they must be about talk less of a leader to 230 million people from one of the most troubled nation on Earth.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by adamusuleiman1: 6:35pm On Apr 08
Slytiger:
Cardi B doing wonders.

Nigeria and Naira saboteurs are yet to recover from the instructions given to banks to stop using foreign loans as collateral. The CBN knows that no debtor will be able to abruptly liquidate a loan within 90 days max period. The implication is that the debtor will be forced to sell the fx to the bank at prevailing rate. No bank wants its exposure risk-weighted 150% of CAR.

To people still hoarding the dollars, please continue. grin

Premium hot tears for those Obidients and IPOB that were not wishing Nigeria well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by donbrowser(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08
nedu666:

False alarm. Bdc are not and can not be in trouble because the central bank stopped selling dollars to them since 2021. So how have they been surviving. Also no one can convince me that bdc survive on 10k dollars a week with 2 naira spread. That's impossible

Hold your dollars firm!

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by laivwire(m): 6:38pm On Apr 08
wonlasewonimi:
Take my advice, just buy dollars and hodl. These idiots in power are super inefficient.
Fighting the FG is a lost battle.

2 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Enugurangers: 6:41pm On Apr 08
laivwire:

Fighting the FG is a lost battle.
They have a crab bucket mentality. They have invested in forex and don't want to fall alone now that they are losing..Misery loves company 😂

Fire burn all the enemies of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Idaytesj29(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08
WizardOfNG:

God bless you. What shows the likes of Atiku, Obi, Sowore, Aisha Yesufu, Deji Adeyanju etal are just egotistical and self-serving charlatans, with no genuine interest in what is best for Nigeria, other than their very loud silence over good development for our nation?

Don't forget to add the Obidients,I-POBs, ESN etc they are the Cheif Charlatans of the Federal Republic (CCFR)

3 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by opamoses1: 6:48pm On Apr 08
wonlasewonimi:
Take my advice, just buy dollars and hodl. These idiots in power are super inefficient.
And you are?
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by laivwire(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08
Enugurangers:

They have a crab bucket mentality. They have invested in forex and don't want to fall alone now that they are losing..Misery loves company 😂

Fire burn all the enemies of Nigeria.
😂

2 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Forumites: 7:03pm On Apr 08
ElSudani:

Isn't it now clear to you that the astronomical rise in the prices of foodstuffs was arbitrary and nothing to do with the exchange rates?
Dollars has dropped significantly against the Naira but the prices of foodstuffs are still the same. Can someone please explain this to me?
My dear oooooo. U Dey reason am too?
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by nedu666: 7:09pm On Apr 08
donbrowser:

Hold your dollars firm!

I will hold it tighter than tight. I won't sell so that govt officials who steal billions will buy it. My dollars My business
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by donbrowser(m): 7:29pm On Apr 08
nedu666:

I will hold it tighter than tight. I won't sell so that govt officials who steal billions will buy it. My dollars My business

👌
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by GodHimself: 7:36pm On Apr 08
It’s obvious, but well done soldier.

donbrowser:
I think at this rate CBN has got them by the jugular. Just yesterday we saw them begging for rates and today another rate has hit them. Cardoso and the FG seem to be winning this.

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by SWATMan: 7:56pm On Apr 08
DMerciful:
Ignorance in full display above

Yes o! Blind loyalists and arm chair analysts on the prowl as you rightly mentioned grin grin grin
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Ofunaofu: 8:40pm On Apr 08
WizardOfNG:

Fake BS from Obi. Praise two and denounce over 50. Reason it bro. I don’t hate Obi. I am just exposed enough to know he is the product of how warped Nigeria is.

Average, cowardly and totally incompetent Governor now turned into a messiah in a nation where ethnic, religious and sectional toxicity has destroyed the ability of most Nigerians to reason rationally.

We have seen Obi begging and kissing OBJ’s feet while Tinubu decided to fight our vindictive and unforgiving wicked former President who used everything to destroy enemies and pawns (Alamasiegha, Dariye, Tafa Balogun etal) while he gave soft landing to friends and cherished affiliates like Dimeji Bankole, Patricia Etteh and co.

Tinubu confronted the OBJ monster and banished it. Obi begged and prostrated yet still got impeached and disgraced.

No real man who knows how life works, especially in a nation with the most wicked human being in the world, like Nigeria, will ever back a weakling like Obi in favour of Tinubu no one has ever pushed around.

Not even the brutal Abacha that Tinubu amassed an impressive force to fight while Obi was busy working directly to aid Abacha’s Evil and dictatorial enslavement of Nigeria.

Obi is an unfit joke and a clown. You are free to worship him but it simply reveals your lack of essences tha would be typical of any man who wants to say he understands what men must do and what they must be about talk less of a leader to 230 million people from one of the most troubled nation on Earth.

You don't have to tell barefaced lies, falsehood and propaganda just to drive home your point. It's not necessary
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by jmoore(m): 8:50pm On Apr 08
ElSudani:

Petrol price from 165 to 650 naira is the no. 1 driver of inflation.

NNPC has not reduced petrol prices despite drop in exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by ozo13(m): 9:38pm On Apr 08
mytime24:
Yet price of commodity
Refuse d law of gravity 🤔
na just matter of time.if they continue there is a way to check mate some of them

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by drlateef: 9:55pm On Apr 08
leroi01:
You can only defend the naira so far...

Another Obingo spotted!!!😂
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by drlateef: 9:58pm On Apr 08
wonlasewonimi:

In few weeks we will know who is the idiot!!!

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by plumcomm: 10:02pm On Apr 08
hedonido:

Only idiots would do otherwise! Even the useless BAT and his igbadun repete Lagos boys cabal would be busy using the trillions of Naira they are stealing to mop up dollars. That's for sure.

In the mean time, let their hungry 'Omoluabi' jesters do what they do best - make a fool of themselves.
that shame or shamelessness will ruin you

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by WizardOfNG: 10:08pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

You don't have to tell barefaced lies, falsehood and propaganda just to drive home your point. It's not necessary

What lies? Obi the coward did not beg OBJ only to still get impeached while Tinubu fought same OBJ to a standstill and bravely formed ACN , from nothing, that bounced the PDP out of the SW?

What did Obi make of APGA that was gifted to him literally aside attempt to destroy the Party with divisive antics and numerous backstabbing of others?

I don’t say thing I cannot prove or that historical record does not validate. I am not Igbo to then be married to shameless revisionism.

Obi was even too scared to contest his impeachment but for guys like Victor Umeh who had the backing of Ojukwu. Victor Umeh has confessed how Obi paid him back with treachery and betrayal and we all know what Bianca thinks of Obi’s conduct against Ojukwu and APGA.

A thoroughly unprincipled cad. You should
Grow up and stop worshipping those who history has firmly disgraced and confirmed as poor leaders and inadequate cowards merely because you share ethnicity with them.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/peter-obi-was-afraid-of-obasanjo-victor-umeh/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Ofunaofu: 10:11pm On Apr 08
WizardOfNG:

What lie? Obi the coward did not beg Obi only to still get impeached while Tinubu fought same OBJ to a standstill and formed ACN that bounced the PDP out of the SW?

I don’t say thing I cannot prove or that historical record does not validate. I am not Igbo to then be married to shameless revisionism.

Grow up and stop worshipping those who history has firmly disgraced and confirmed as poor leaders and inadequate cowards merely because you share ethnicity with them.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/peter-obi-was-afraid-of-obasanjo-victor-umeh/amp/

I repeat, you don't have to tell barefaced lies, falsehood and propaganda just to make your points.
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by WizardOfNG: 10:15pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

I repeat, you don't have to tell barefaced lies, falsehood and propaganda just to make your points.

Have it your way. Documented history is there to peruse whenever you are ready to become principled and shun blind/dogmatic hero-worship of others.

5 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Deogratiasfx: 10:42pm On Apr 08
PARADIZEPRIEST:
GOD PROTECT OUR CBN AND THEIR OFFICIAL S AND REPLICATE THEIR SYSTEM ACROSS NIGERIA MDA.
NOBODY IS SHOUTING THAT NAIRA IS GROWNG STRONGER AGAINST DOLLAR,NO NOISE IS MADE ABOUT THIS,NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE EVIL THAT MUST BE PURGED FROM OUR SYSTEMS.
WHERE IS SOWORE NOW?
WHERE IS OBI?
WHERE ATFTKU? All these anarchist now quiet?

You guys don't understand the beauty of democracy and the role of oppositions. Oppositions don't usually see the good side of governments and it is a global issue, it is the weakness they focus on. And that makes the government in power to be active in trying to overcome those weaknesses.
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by cucumbar: 11:58pm On Apr 08
WizardOfNG:

Both refineries coming on stream fully would boost our foreign currency receipt and aid appreciation of the Naira considerably simply because we have not, since 1999, had the opportunity or capacity to generate the sort of income and foreign currency the sale of refined derivatives of crude oil can deliver.

This is massively down to Tinubu for supporting the establishment of the Dangote refinery, removing subsidy and then fighting the evil cartel that never want refineries to work so they can continue making billions with crude ‘round-tripping’ and over-invoicing fraud.

Despite what the sadists and enemies of progress love to shout 24/7, Tinubu and his crew know precisely what to do to get Nigeria working again.

It is not Rocket Science. What is difficult to tackle is sabotage from so many only concerned about their own selfish and anti-Nation interest even when such mean misery and suffering for millions.
Are you ok? Didn’t you read that they are still paying subsidy that is even more than what was being paid before balablu declared that shubshidi is gone, on that fateful sad day?
What kind of Igbo are you smoking?
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Yankee101: 1:43am On Apr 09
The CBN is not winning
They burnt 1bn dollars in 18 days out of 33bn dollars
Nigeria is losing in the balance of payments

They can’t keep up. It’s still going back up
Only productivity like increasing crude sales drastically can maintain this level

1 Like

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by onatisi(m): 1:58am On Apr 09
Yankee101:
The CBN is not winning
They burnt 1bn dollars in 18 days out of 33bn dollars
Nigeria is losing in the balance of payments

They can’t keep up. It’s still going back up
Only productivity like increasing crude sales drastically can maintain this level
It seems what the fg is doing is to control the rates till when Dangote fully starts fully and starts supplying petrol to the local market. So That at least the fx been used to import petrol will reduce. We shouldn't also forget that it seem our annual hajj has not left for Saudi, so the demand for dollars has drastically reduced and with the UK and Canada visa restrictions ,many people Japa process have paused . But let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks

2 Likes

Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Yankee101: 2:20am On Apr 09
We used to import cement in nigeria in bulk and rebag

People thought after kogi state cement concessions, Dangote will channel the USD saved for the benefit of nigeria

Instead he was implicated in getting billions for cheap through Emefiele and shipping it to Dubai instead of making any input purchase

Your assumption is that these guys have the interest of nigeria at heart above their own selfish gains. Most of them dont
onatisi:

It seems what the fg is doing is to control the rates till when Dangote fully starts fully and starts supplying petrol to the local market. So That at least the fx been used to import petrol will reduce. We shouldn't also forget that it seem our annual hajj has not left for Saudi, so the demand for dollars has drastically reduced and with the UK and Canada visa restrictions ,many people Japa process have paused . But let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Yankee101: 2:21am On Apr 09
Yankee101:
We used to import cement in nigeria in bulk and rebag

People thought after kogi state cement concessions, Dangote will channel the USD saved for the benefit of nigeria

Instead he was implicated in getting billions for cheap through Emefiele and shipping it to Dubai instead of making any input purchase

Your assumption is that these guys have the interest of nigeria at heart above their own selfish gains. Most of them don’t
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by Nwaokunkpara: 2:54am On Apr 09
[quote author=michaellovaldo post=129330675]Hopefully the Dangote and PH refinery starts the production of fuel soon, as that should further stabilize the naira[/quote

Hopefully right?

We were told that PH refinery will precisely start working last December ... This is April and I guess we're being fooled again
Re: Bdcs Are In Trouble by mobisonkk2: 3:39am On Apr 09
Pesin way never chop dey hold dollar? Plenty clowns full this forum.
All of a sudden, all brole ass clowns on this forum possess large sum of mythical storage of dollars.

nedu666:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CIBN Removes Erastus Akingbola / Government Blames Boko Haram Sect For Blood Shortage In Hospitals / AMCON, Capital Oil’s Talks Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.