Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

I Don't Care Neighbours - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Care Neighbours (30778 Views)

Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Neighbours Husband (Photos) / Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by LordIsaac(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09
Nemesis0147:
We are used to it here oh…
That’s why I’m always having my keys on me 247 because my neighbors won’t even answer your greetings talk more of greeting you back and I love it that way!
I thought I loved it that way until I see it in its extreme form😊

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by sparko1(m): 10:54pm On Apr 09
Mumben:
@Deltabachelor, your experience is not a good one at all. Chai, people can be so mean

If you know what happens in Lagos you will understand, it's mind your business thing.
If you know you will be late, inform one of your neighbours, don't wait until you get to the gate and start knocking, ones it's 9pm, the only way I respond is if you call me.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 10:55pm On Apr 09
cool You are living
harsysky:

To bore you not, my neighbors and I are like families. I pray for everyone of them like they are truly the family I have where I live. God bless my neighbors!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by KayB: 10:55pm On Apr 09
Nobody should complain at all, you dey copy oyinbo lifestyle now. Just cope with your fake lives, online animal rights activists and the rest.
Una eyes go soon clear,

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09
So you dont want to be a hermit anymore (joking). At least moderation is the key, at least greeting a neighbour is adequate.

Me i greet everyone around me, and mind my business, and sometimes i try to show kindness to strangers.

I think minding one's business is the best thing, there is peace of mind. And respecting those around is also good.

LordIsaac:

I thought I loved it that way until I see it in its extreme form😊

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by LordIsaac(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09
SeriouslySense:
So you dont want to be a hermit anymore (joking). At least moderation is the key, at least greeting a neighbour is adequate.

Me i greet everyone around me, and mind my business, and sometimes i try to show kindness to strangers.

You feel bad (no matter how you shrug it off) when they just stare at you and look away without answering. But I’m getting used to ignoring them too.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by spartachico(m): 11:03pm On Apr 09
Zonefree:

What specie of human wears singlet and boxers to the bus stop? undecided

It's good he packed out. He should relocate to the village, city life ain't for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by akyus(m): 11:08pm On Apr 09
I think it's all your fault so stop blaming your co-tenants. In any environment you find yourself try and study the attitude of the people living there. I learnt some lessons about my compound during the time I was coming for inspection. The agent who happens to be the landlord's brother had to knock on the gate with no response and we did that for about 2 weeks. He told me that's the attitude of people in the compound. The person who just packed out left with the gate keys so the remaining tenants decided to change it. Now that I have packed in even if it's something I want to throw outside I always make sure I carry my keys. In your own case, it was even a female friend who visited and you still get the mind carry boxer and singlet comot.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Goodman247: 11:12pm On Apr 09
There is lapses in d story, it might not be a real life story but all d same, love the God your God and love your neighbor as your self to make this world a better place
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 11:14pm On Apr 09
Well thats sad, for both people, both buyer and seller.

We should do better as people. Maybe we can say, it is transferred trauma or depression.

But you have adjusted, good for you smiley. We all need to be resilient, although it even has it limits.
LordIsaac:

You feel bad (no matter how you shrug it off) when they just stare at you and look away without answering. But I’m getting used to ignoring them too.
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by okerekingsley90: 11:15pm On Apr 09
JaySmart4422:
Here are some of the reasons why some neighbours show this I don't care attitude

Some had bad experience with neighbours in the past

Some are avoiding unnecessary envy mostly if you are doing well and the neighbour is not doing so well.

Some are running away from gossip
cos most times going close or building a relationship with a neighbor can expose u to a lot of gossip.

Lastly we are in the last days where many seek spiritual help from different religious places

So don't be surprise if you neighbor sees you as a witch that is blocking his progress.

We all can testify that a lot of religious or prayer houses have done a serious damage by making their followers n believers feel that almost everyone around them is evil and should be avoided.

Let me share one of my many experience.
I had this mentality that it is not good to stay in a compound without having at least one person you can call when emergency arise.

So I connect with my neighbor unknown to me that that neighbor is a bitter soul who sees nothing good in anyone n very envious.

I didn't know that she n her husband have fought every tenant in the compound for this reason no tenant wants to get close to anyone in the compound.

To cut story short
I renovated my flat and this people could not hide their envy immediately they stopped greeting and started avoiding me .

Too many reasons dey for one to mind his business

My brother you have highlighted exactly how I live in my place and this is the best way to live trust me

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by akyus(m): 11:17pm On Apr 09
Cti28:

What if you are involved in an accident, and people just stood by watching you languishing in pain. Suffice to say, there is nothing wrong with that, since you didn't pay them to aid you.
In this case it wasn't an accident.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 11:18pm On Apr 09
I think its also a case of sustained trauma. Although i am not an expert. Okay wow

What does anyone do, when they encountered, such stressful or negative situation, they build a shell and a defensive approach in subsequent situations.

JaySmart4422:
Here are some of the reasons why some neighbours show this I don't care attitude

Some had bad experience with neighbours in the past

Some are avoiding unnecessary envy mostly if you are doing well and the neighbour is not doing so well.

Some are running away from gossip
cos most times going close or building a relationship with a neighbor can expose u to a lot of gossip.

Lastly we are in the last days where many seek spiritual help from different religious places

So don't be surprise if you neighbor sees you as a witch that is blocking his progress.

We all can testify that a lot of religious or prayer houses have done a serious damage by making their followers n believers feel that almost everyone around them is evil and should be avoided.

Let me share one of my many experience.
I had this mentality that it is not good to stay in a compound without having at least one person you can call when emergency arise.

So I connect with my neighbor unknown to me that that neighbor is a bitter soul who sees nothing good in anyone n very envious.

I didn't know that she n her husband have fought every tenant in the compound for this reason no tenant wants to get close to anyone in the compound.

To cut story short
I renovated my flat and this people could not hide their envy immediately they stopped greeting and started avoiding me .

Too many reasons dey for one to mind his business

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Offpoint1: 11:19pm On Apr 09
Nemesis0147:
We are used to it here oh…
That’s why I’m always having my keys on me 247 because my neighbors won’t even answer your greetings talk more of greeting you back and I love it that way!
Neighbors are your closest family, that's what some of y'all don't know. If there's an emergency, neighbors are the first responders. Nigeria is not US where you get ambulance in 5 minutes.

2 years ago, I blackout in my bathroom because I wasn't feeling fine... Next thing I opened my eyes I found myself in the hospital. Thanks to a neighbor who said he heard unusual sound of someone falling, he ran to my door to check and no response, he had to break the door... Imagine if I was the type of I don't care neighbor.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by winner37(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09
One guy I was living in the same compound do claim too wise and I don't care and this person happens to share the same dialect with me but one day he regretted is dubious attitude...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Cti28(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09
akyus:
In this case it wasn't an accident.
Yes it is not an accident, but you see this I don't care attitude, it is very bad.
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by okerekingsley90: 11:21pm On Apr 09
Offpoint1:

Neighbors are your closest family, that's what some of y'all don't know. If there's an emergency, neighbors are the first responders. Nigeria is not US where you get ambulance in 5 minutes.

2 years ago, I blackout in my bathroom because I wasn't feeling fine... Next thing I opened my eyes I found myself in the hospital. Thanks to a neighbor who said heard usual sound of someone falling, he ran to my door to check and no response, he had to break the door... Imagine if I was the type of I don't care neighbor.

Oga your case is different while others are different too. There are good and bad neighbors in your own case you have a good neighbor and like someone pointed out you should try to study the kind of people.living with you. My point is not everyone is good so one has to be very careful

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 11:21pm On Apr 09
smiley That neighbour is a hero, you are blessed.
Offpoint1:

2 years ago, I blackout in my bathroom because I wasn't feeling fine... Next thing I opened my eyes I found myself in the hospital. Thanks to a neighbor who said heard usual sound of someone falling, he ran to my door to check and no response, he had to break the door... Imagine if I was the type of I don't care neighbor.
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by okerekingsley90: 11:24pm On Apr 09
SeriouslySense:
smiley That neighbour is a hero, you are blessed.

Yes now exactly how i put it he is fortunate to have a good neighbor so you don't blame people who mind their business or have i don't care attitude ooo. People experience in life are different
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09
That is true, some people have very negative experience, so they become very protective and avoid situations, that can produce those negative experiences. While others still persisted and preferred to create more positive experiences, despites the risks.

okerekingsley90:

Yes now exactly how i put it he is fortunate to have a good neighbor so you don't blame people who mind their business or have i don't care attitude ooo. People experience in life are different
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Nikes(m): 11:30pm On Apr 09
Can't relate personally. I grew up in a military barrack. You become everybody's responsibility and everyone becomes your responsibility.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by mediclife1987(m): 11:30pm On Apr 09
Olumighty123:

This sort of thing had happened to me severally, mainly at alaba and arena market, they'd look you like shit, I wonder why? I almost fought one in the process but i had to let it slide

Why you wan fight am na? For looking you like shit? Na so the thing pain you reach? cheesy

Igbo boys wey dey hustle for sun dey find customer, na hin you dey ask stupid question. You lucky sey him no give you headboot sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by TechCapon(m): 11:31pm On Apr 09
DeltaBachelor:
Trust me, you have a very good landlord. May God continue to bless him. I can't forget in a hurry one of the most horrific experiences I had.

A friend of mine ( of blessed memory)who travelled abroad came back and needed a place to stay. As bachelor wey I be, I accommodated him because I felt it would be a waste of money for him to lodge in a hotel for like 2 months. On that fateful day, I went to see my parents and called this my friend that I may come back late, so he should please be on the lookout in case the gate is locked.

Unfortunately for me, my phone ba3 died and unknowing to me, this my friend had gone out but put my key somewhere for me because according to him, he had been trying to reach out to me, but my phone was off. To cut the long story short, I came back around 10pm and was knocking and knocking at the gate for like 3 hours and no one came to open. Around 1am or so, I had to scale the fence because I didn't have any friend close by and I didn't want to go back home to my parents because it was very dangerous at that time of the day with robbery incidents and all and also because I was a bit drunk due to "several issues "I was facing at the time.

So back to my story, na so I scale fence o and slept in front of my door because I didn't know that my friend kept the key for me. I thought he mistakenly took it with him. Around 3am or so, that was how I felt a sharp pain on my back . I didn't know my neighbours or landlord had gone to call OPC vigilante and also the police that a thief broke into the compound. Na so them start to molest me o. Honestly, I cried that day, not because of the pain, but because of the denial and embarrassment I got.

I vowed never to give birth in that compound even if I marry because it made me to realise the kind of people I was living with. Imagine coming at 10pm and nobody responds at all despite using force and even stones to hit the gate to get attention. See ehn, I DONT CARE neighbours are in abundance. They just only care about themselves and I learnt a very big lesson that day.

Suffice to say the police that came were reasonable and very understanding and never molested me, but the OPC vigilante people that used the side of cutlass to be flogging me. I had my revenge on the perpetrators exactly a year after and they also pleaded with me and we settled, but that's a story for another day !
this story is sweet. How did you get the revenge
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by okerekingsley90: 11:31pm On Apr 09
SeriouslySense:
That is true, some people have very negative experience, so they become very protective and avoid situations, that can produce those negative experiences. While others still persisted and preferred to create more positive experiences, despites the risks.

Exactly how I am. I mind my business 200% to avoid rubbish. I deal with people outside not within my place

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Offpoint1: 11:31pm On Apr 09
okerekingsley90:

Oga your case is different while others are different too. There are good and bad neighbors in your own case you have a good neighbor and like someone pointed out you should try to study the kind of people.living with you. My point is not everyone is good so one has to be very careful
You can't know who is good or bad if you don't get close to them. In reality it's more dangerous not to get close to people than to get close to them.

I get close to people, know who they truly are and know how to deal with them.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by akyus(m): 11:33pm On Apr 09
Cti28:

Yes, it is not an accident, but you see this I don't care attitude, it is very bad.
You will be very frustrated in life if you expect grown-ups to behave the way you expect.
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 11:33pm On Apr 09
cheesy Inspector
Offpoint1:

You can't know who is good or bad if you don't get close to them. In reality it's more dangerous not to get close to people than to get close to them.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by okerekingsley90: 11:33pm On Apr 09
Offpoint1:

See eh you would know if they are bad neighbours. From their kids do they greet you do they respect you you can access a bad family from their kids you don't have to necessarily get close to them. You grab?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by SeriouslySense(m): 11:34pm On Apr 09
I also try to avoid situations that can produce past negative experience, sometimes i do take risk.
okerekingsley90:

Exactly how I am. I mind my business 200% to avoid rubbish. I deal with people outside not within my place
Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by kalvoken(m): 11:39pm On Apr 09
diamond68:
I hate to bring tribe into this but I have found Igbo people to be very cold and hostile. Perfect example, I went to this shop to buy phone cover but the guy was not in his shop so I saw two Igbo guys in next shop and I asked them if they had seen the guy, they just kept looking at me and didn’t answer and had like a snarl on their faces. This has happened to me over 30 times so I know it’s no coincidence. They just look at you in anger with pure hatred as if you are disturbing them by being in their presence. I don’t understand Igbo people.

One thing you need to understand's that Igbod don't hide their feelings. Probably you got there, looked and went straight without uttering a word, upon discovering that the person you seek wasn't around, you decided to turn back to them, who does that?

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Buffalo2(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09
Ahmed0336:
These types of neighbours full Abuja.

You'd live in a compound where you wouldn't know your next door neighbour's name or what he does for a living.

Sometimes it can be as bad as not greeting/ talking to each other and no be say Una dey quarrel oo.

I no know who introduced this Yankee bs here. angry
Imported culture killing us gradually. This kind of behaviour is alien to Africa and we just have to reorientate ourselves and revert back to the communal life bequeathed to us by our forefathers.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Care Neighbours by Seniormanfeyi06(m): 11:44pm On Apr 09
If your neighbor refuse to open gate for you, throw big stones on the roof. Everyone will come out

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.