Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review (29691 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 6:45pm On Apr 08
slivertongue:
de-marketing,
She boasted of destroying the man's business already alongside some online users and the man confirmed it. Some said they have stopped using his product already. You can even confirm from the posts here.
She said the product contains a lot of sugar and killing people, so a lot have avoided it to save their health.
What did she tell the man further that made Innoson to ask Erisco to make Chioma ambassador to the tomato paste to die the matter down but the man refused extortion.
She didn't know the matter will go this long. She was asked to apologize but went back online that the apology was written under duress that she has withdrawn it. So, she should carry her cross.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Emman08: 6:46pm On Apr 08
Nigerian police will destroy anything (even your brand). All you need to do is pay them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by achillesfoot(m): 6:47pm On Apr 08
In as much as I don't agree with the handling of this case.. The woman is at fault here. Those foreign tomato paste she's hyping are the silent killers. General advice after hitting a certain age, pls stay away from tomato paste, Maggi, any form of oil(asides olive oil/palm oil), salt and any other products.. Also quit using microwaves.

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by 7demons: 7:01pm On Apr 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Trouble sleep yanga go wake am up. Smh.

Many of them are still online, criminally cyberbullying and trolling.

She should actually be investing in an amicable settlement with the Erisco man, Eric Umeofia, founder of Erisco Foods Limited, since she claimed that she did not have any ulterior motive, after all , we are all humans and we can err. Even the Bible counsel you to beg your adversary when you realise that you erred.

All she needs to do to understand how her adversary feels hurt is to place herself in the shoes of her adversary. It really hurts and she needs a measure of humility to come to that reality. It's easy to destroy but to build takes a lot of hardwork. The manner and route she used to give her feedback could have destroyed that man's business and sent him into bankruptcy and penury! She will not want such fate to befall her own business too nah.

The first time I read her comment on the brand, I knew she has gotten herself into avoidable trouble but never knew she'll let it degenerate to this level.

So sad. She should be given the opportunity to defend herself in court. I pray she gets out of the problem.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
This is the first time you talk something wey get sense.
I forgive you half of your sins. The remaining half of your sins will be forgiven if you drop Agbado and support the moving train of Obidents. Otherwise, thunder wey I promise go fire you will still fire you.
Ok, back to the topic: That woman deserves what she's getting. She think say she Dey Europe where the rule of law favors women?
This is Nigeria and Africa, next time she should keep her mouth and itchy fingers I'm check before typing rubbish.
If she has people in Ala-igbo, she should go and meet them to help talk to Erisco but WOMEN would rather want the mountain to come to them instead of vice-versa.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Kukutenla: 7:08pm On Apr 08
Orinechi:
What if the property doesn't have valid documents and the neighbours refuse to show up or testify against of the police as well?
Yeah. Keep dreaming. It will shock you how well the police can do their job when they mean you.

Sha don't go and lie in a court thinking you're wise

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Lomprico2: 7:14pm On Apr 08
Meanwhile, Wdume a notorious kidnap kingpin have been released. One naijeria
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by lagosrd: 7:19pm On Apr 08
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by DMerciful(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08
Run along, you nor reach!
IamANigerianMan:

It is ur PAPA that is useless, everything can talk on internet because they have Access to 10 naira data, it is your smelling MaMA that is useless
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Haaland21: 7:24pm On Apr 08
broadman20:

Development is better than old brown roof grandfather's building.

Developers always foaming on social media.
They did it to Fashola
Did it to Eniola Badmus
Did it to Mercy Chinwe
Now to Erisco...

Actions have consequences.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 7:31pm On Apr 08
anibirelawal:

She made a review on Erisco Tomato Mix, she complained that the sugar content of the product is on high side, and she quoted that the product is killing people and said other unnecessary things she wasn't supposed to talk about. So the table turned against her.
oh She made a video? If you have a link I want to know the other unnecessary things she said
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by slivertongue: 7:42pm On Apr 08
Pepperdemisback:

She boasted of destroying the man's business already alongside some online users and the man confirmed it. Some said they have stopped using his product already. You can even confirm from the posts here.
She said the product contains a lot of sugar and killing people, so a lot have avoided it to save their health.
What did she tell the man further that made Innoson to ask Erisco to make Chioma ambassador to the tomato paste to die the matter down but the man refused extortion.
She didn't know the matter will go this long. She was asked to apologize but went back online that the apology was written under duress that she has withdrawn it. So, she should carry her cross.

I have no pity for her. I followed her matter, sadly some on social media were cheering her instead of advising her to reach the company with concerns instead of continuously demarketing the product
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by NOwazobia: 7:51pm On Apr 08
FreeStuffsNG:

She should actually be investing in an amicable settlement with the Erisco man, Eric Umeofia, founder of Erisco Foods Limited, since she claimed that she did not have any ulterior motive, after all , we are all humans and we can err. Even the Bible counsel you to beg your adversary when you realise that you erred.

All she needs to do to understand how her adversary feels hurt is to place herself in the shoes of her adversary. It really hurts and she needs a measure of humility to come to that reality. It's easy to destroy but to build takes a lot of hardwork. The manner and route she used to give her feedback could have destroyed that man's business and sent him into bankruptcy and penury! She will not want such fate to befall her own business too nah.

The first time I read her comment on the brand, I knew she has gotten herself into avoidable trouble but never knew she'll let it degenerate to this level.

So sad. She should be given the opportunity to defend herself in court. I pray she gets out of the problem.
You are an Idiot and very slow for this rubbish you posted.

So, purchasing a product with her money and dropping her review on it borne out of personal experience is tantamount to bullying, and defamations.

Proper Idiot is what you are, and this is how your principal will lear the country...
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:
What’s the IG’s personal issue in this matter?

The woman didn’t criticise constructively though.

Why place her on watch list as if she committed a crime against the state.

They can’t place kidnappers and thief thief politicians on watch list oo, when it comes to ordinary citizens they will spread like butter on top bread

IG is scratching erisco back and erisco will do the same

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by pek(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08
melodyogonna:

The last two are correct. On the second point I read somewhere that she said the tomato contained too much sugar, I never really saw the original video. On the last point, the answer is what I'm trying to ascertain, no?
Good. What Chioma did is not a review in any part of the world. It is demarketing and no brand will tolerate that. Also, she said the product is killing people. She has to prove that. Finally, she said she will destroy the company (not her exact words).
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by broadman20: 8:06pm On Apr 08
Haaland21:

Developers always foaming on social media.
They did it to Fashola
Did it to Eniola Badmus
Did it to Mercy Chinwe
Now to Erisco...

Actions have consequences.

Why won't you be angry with developers when some useless adults are still living in their brown roof grandfather's building when they travel home for burials.

Coming back to Lagos to form big boys for Mouth.

You have every reason to be angry with developers.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 8:07pm On Apr 08
slivertongue:

I have no pity for her. I followed her matter, sadly some on social media were cheering her instead of advising her to reach the company with concerns instead of continuously demarketing the product
She claimed she doesn't use sugar at home but honey. If you don't use sugar or salt, foods with taste sweeter for you.
Why did they want the man to make her an ambassador? Now, they are hiding everything about her and blaming the man.
How can you be boasting of destroying somebody's 40 year old business?
That's how they hailed the JAMB girl, till she got into trouble.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by torqque7(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08
Watch list kwa..isn't she supposed to be in detention?why did they even let the loud mouthed trouble maker out of jail?all these useless international media houses that don't know what really happened their own is just to jump at any opportunity to paint Nigeria bad and corrupt making it look like the rich are using the police to intimidate the poor..Yes that is something that happens in Nigeria but this is not one of those instances because chioma is a troublesome woman.

Do unto others what you would want to be done to you,how can you publicly say you are out to destroy Erisco company?Some one commented on her post that so when can we destroy the company and she replied DONE ALREADY..isn't that wickedness?

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by slivertongue: 8:20pm On Apr 08
Pepperdemisback:

She claimed she doesn't use sugar at home but honey. If you don't use sugar or salt, foods with taste sweeter for you.
Why did they want the man to make her an ambassador? Now, they are hiding everything about her and blaming the man.
How can you be boasting of destroying somebody's 40 year old business?
That's how they hailed the JAMB girl, till she got into trouble.

she no try at all
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by vikstandon(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08
Ijaya123:
Hmmm…This will only do more damage to the Erisco food brand.

Naturally, people will always side with the underdog and more so as this is perceived as bullying and unwarranted intimidation towards the lady, no body will go near that man’s product anytime soon.

Bytheway, what exactly does the man expect to get from the court? I think the man took the wrong advice.

Forget, she should be prosecuted to serve as a lesson to others who come online to defame.

Don't bother with the brand, we would buy over and rebrand.

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by xpressionx(m): 8:38pm On Apr 08
Jovi10:

She used their product and noted that it was high in sugar. Where in our constitution does it say making reviews on product is an offense. That's why all these producers give us rubbish products because many mumu like you full Nigeria.

Your stupidity has not closed down coca-cola factories in Nigeria because coke is sugar

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 8:46pm On Apr 08
pek:
Good. What Chioma did is not a review in any part of the world. It is demarketing and no brand will tolerate that. Also, she said the product is killing people. She has to proof that. Finally, she said she will destroy the company (not her exact words).
She boasted she had destroyed him already when someone asked if they should start destroying the company.

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Benwallt(m): 8:58pm On Apr 08
They should hang her for trying desperately to destroy another man's labour.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Ohuhunsulurep: 8:59pm On Apr 08
C2Ok:
If this erisco foods stuff was listed as a public company, with valid share values, e for don bankrupt pata pata, the woman did them dirty, goes to show how the misuse of social media can be dangerous to the sender and receiver, I don’t support what Okoli did, but at the same time, I won’t purchase products from erisco, they mishandled everything, Foreign companies would have handled this more effectively without raising dust, I don’t mean harming the woman, I mean they would try to change her perspective, not shut her down, no one would want to review erisco’s products, wether to criticize or praise it, no one cares about them that much again, Gino or De Rica over whatever they are selling in “my opinion” 😗
Thank God you said "in your own opinion"
Cus you're just one person, for me i like the product, and so many other people too 😊

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Killermamba: 9:14pm On Apr 08
FreeStuffsNG:

na today I confirm say you be better fool
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by anibirelawal(m): 9:21pm On Apr 08
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Bekind123: 9:49pm On Apr 08
Ijaya123:

Naturally, people will always side with the underdog and more so as this is perceived as bullying and unwarranted intimidation towards the lady, no body will go near that man’s product anytime soon.

Bytheway, what exactly does the man expect to get from the court? I think the man took the wrong advice.
what do you know, people are still buying and will still be buying Erisco products.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 9:55pm On Apr 08
johnog4sure:
oh She made a video? If you have a link I want to know the other unnecessary things she said
She boasted of destroying the man's business already.

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Jovi10: 12:05am On Apr 09
xpressionx:

Your stupidity has not closed down coca-cola factories in Nigeria because coke is sugar

Where in our constitution does review on a product become a crime idiot?

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by emmyN(m): 12:53am On Apr 09
Ijaya123:

Yeah he took the wrong advise, but Nathaniel Bassey doing the exact same thing is right. wink
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by San2ski(m): 12:53am On Apr 09
pek:
Tell us what it means

It can mean anything actually. And the number of supposed letters do not tally with the number of letters in 'killing '
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by San2ski(m): 1:04am On Apr 09
Angelfrost:

There is no smoke without fire... She clearly said that the product is sugary and has killed or led to the death of people.

That is not review... That is defamation.

If all she did was objectively and respectfully review the product, there would have been neither fuss nor legal issues.

She is not the first to review a product online, and she won't be the last.

Even since her arrest and legal troubles, people have been reviewing products, services, etc online... Like Movies for example.

See how you're saying what you don't know with so much confidence. From your explanation here, you do not have the original review therefore you're as lost as the person you're trying to 'educate'.
Her original review was that the Tomato Paste was too sugary, which to me is not a lie since the Erisco big man acceded to that.
The other part you mentioned about killing people is a banter with another person who was trying to defend the product. And she didn't use killing in any of her statements. What I saw was 'ki***ing'. And this could mean anything but killing when it gets down to such fine details
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by San2ski(m): 1:10am On Apr 09
aremubabs:

Yes, she did.

Her original post was in order. She wrote about buying a new tomato paste brand and found it too sugary. Then, she threw a question to her followers, wondering whether any of them had used the brand and whether they found it sugary too. In fact, she even wrote that perhaps she had brought a fake of the product or an expired one. It was great at this point.

But then, as the comments came in, she began to lose herself, and to take it personal. She began to lose her neutral position.

Then, someone claiming to be a sister of the owner of the tomato brand asked Chioma to stop spoiling her brother's business.

Chioma's foolish reply to this person was: "Tell your brother to stop killing Nigerians."

Perhaps, she didn't mean it that way. But that wasn't made with wisdom. A weighty accusation that many people will not take with arms folded.

Your narration is very close only that she didn't say 'killing ' straightforward. She wrote ki***ing'. And I wonder if the asterisks with have an implementation in the scheme of things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.