Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review (29692 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by San2ski(m): 1:13am On Apr 09
ShenTeh:

This incidence actually led me to their page where I went and gave them a 1 star review on Google. Mumu business man operating as if he is still 40 years behind time.

Abeg where you see the review page make I go drop my half star. Imagine killing a fly with a bomb
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by San2ski(m): 1:19am On Apr 09
grin grin
hakeemhakeem:

IG is scratching erisco back and erisco will do the same
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Blitzerz: 4:48am On Apr 09
Slytiger:
Next time, influencers should review and pass truthfully. Don't go all out to war with fake review and pushing same to your 11,000 followers on Facebook.

Her followers even warned her that she was running foul of the law, instead she told them to tell erisco to stop killing people with his tomatoes paste. I hope also has the list of the dead people.

And to those that like to shout sane climes 👇
You obviously didnt read the story you posted

Did Chioma post a fake review with fake profile?

Alas, Anything to defend evil dictatorship
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by sirblend: 5:16am On Apr 09
C2Ok:
If this erisco foods stuff was listed as a public company, with valid share values, e for don bankrupt pata pata, the woman did them dirty, goes to show how the misuse of social media can be dangerous to the sender and receiver, I don’t support what Okoli did, but at the same time, I won’t purchase products from erisco, they mishandled everything, Foreign companies would have handled this more effectively without raising dust, I don’t mean harming the woman, I mean they would try to change her perspective, not shut her down, no one would want to review erisco’s products, wether to criticize or praise it, no one cares about them that much again, Gino or De Rica over whatever they are selling in “my opinion” 😗

In as saner clime she would go to jail..
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 7:16am On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

She boasted of destroying the man's business already.
hmmm that's terrible, she let her emotions got the better of her, but that cannot destroy even destroy that brand not to talk of the entire business, I many people viewed her post not to talk of the subsequent response?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by aremubabs: 7:30am On Apr 09
San2ski:

Your narration is very close only that she didn't say 'killing ' straightforward. She wrote ki***ing'. And I wonder if the asterisks with have an implementation in the scheme of things

It doesn't matter.

It can't be kissing. The law is not dumb.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by okoroemeka(m): 7:38am On Apr 09
Ijaya123:
Hmmm…This will only do more damage to the Erisco food brand.

Naturally, people will always side with the underdog and more so as this is perceived as bullying and unwarranted intimidation towards the lady, no body will go near that man’s product anytime soon.
No
Bytheway, what exactly does the man expect to get from the court? I think the man took the wrong advice.
the woman is not a watchdog but a paid fifth columnist to slander and destroy a name that was built and protected for many years,do she have the jurisdiction to pass judgement on a product?is her tounge and finger nafdac laboratory?Mr Eric is a perfect gentle man to protect his business and name using civil means,other business men I know will not be so forgiving
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Ijaya123: 9:20am On Apr 09
okoroemeka:
the woman is not a watchdog but a paid fifth columnist to slander and destroy a name that was built and protected for many years,do she have the jurisdiction to pass judgement on a product?is her tounge and finger nafdac laboratory?Mr Eric is a perfect gentle man to protect his business and name using civil means,other business men I know will not be so forgiving

Whatever happens to freedom of expression?

You need to see the review people have been giving the product online.
The ultimate loser will be the man and his brand.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by okoroemeka(m): 10:08am On Apr 09
Ijaya123:

this is not freedom of expression but malicious damage,this woman used her finger and tongue to reach a conclusion that the product is killing people,I don't think you know how difficult it is to setup, manage and operate a manufacturing business in Nigeria that a loafer with social media freedom will destroy in minutes,people should know when boundaries are crossed,I stand to be corrected because that Mr Eric is a good man,many in his shoes will not be so forgiving.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Reussite: 10:35am On Apr 09
I was on Chioma's side when the whole saga was blowing out of proportion but after reading the statement posted by the Erisco management on how they reached her several times to defend what she stated about the product killing people & she ignored all means to reach her & I also read the Erisco products have undergone further test by independent bodies to certify it is safe for consumption. It is only fair she explains her motive from the very beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by delpee(f): 12:01pm On Apr 09
CCIA:

I am sure, that is what all these tomato paste companies do.

they use tomatoes but they add lots of modified starch to it that the modified starch is the bulk if it.

Even all these cheap cheap spaghetti is now made from cassava flour instead of the traditional wheat.

grin

There was Vegfru many years ago in the North that produced quality tomato paste. Competition from the modified starch imports sent them packing. We need to do better since we have the raw material here.

Good one in respect of the spaghetti as long as tastes fine.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by CCIA: 12:09pm On Apr 09
delpee:

There was Vegfru many years ago in the North that produced quality tomato paste. Competition from the modified starch imports sent them packing. We need to do better since we have the raw material here.

Good one in respect of the spaghetti as long as tastes fine.

My concern about the spaghetti is that they lie about it.

so you might be thinking you are eating a product of wheat whereas you are consuming processed cassava starch.

at least the companies should be transparent.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by iamL(f): 2:37pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

She boasted of destroying the man's business already.

Good for her. If it were to be a saner cline she would have been in jail already.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by iamL(f): 2:41pm On Apr 09
Ijaya123:

The owner is nice I bet. If it were to be some persons she would have been voice mailed by now.

Then next time the rest will understand the difference between freedom or expression and been paid to destroyed a legitimate sweat
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Ijaya123: 2:44pm On Apr 09
iamL:

The owner is nice I bet. If it were to be some persons she would have been voice mailed by now.

Then next time the rest will understand the difference between freedom or expression and been paid to destroyed a legitimate sweat

It still doesn’t change the fact the man and his brand will be the ultimate loser.

Ask yourself, what does the Okoli lady stands to loose?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by zrocky: 2:50pm On Apr 09
pek:
Tell us what it means
it can mean any thing in any language. It can be debated in court
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 2:51pm On Apr 09
johnog4sure:
hmmm that's terrible, she let her emotions got the better of her, but that cannot destroy even destroy that brand not to talk of the entire business, I many people viewed her post not to talk of the subsequent response?
Go and read through the comments here, some claim they have boycott it already. Some are poisoning caterers minds from using it
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by pek(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09
zrocky:
it can mean any thing in any language. It can be debated in court
That you have not been able to tell us what you think it means simply means you know the truth. The court you mentioned will also ask you the simple question. You can't win this
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by pek(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

Go and read through the comments here, some claim they have boycott it already. Some are poisoning caterers minds from using it
Relax. Those claiming they have boycotted it were not using it in the first place. Previous users will tell you it is one of the best products in the market. A lot of people who were not using it starting buying it and most say it is good. Remove emotion from this. Most market wonen and hosue wives that use it don't know what is happening. Forget social media, the real world is out there
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 4:25pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

So? People go to banks make videos leaving negative reviews...Access, Fidelity UBA etc are all global brands with the resources they have they can arrest and detain anybody in a lawless country like Nigeria, but they have not do that.
how about cocacola? an american did a documentary condemning junk foods especially cocacola because high level of diabetes and obesity in teens, nobody arrest him to torture him, if you even attend seminars on health and nutrition you will hear speakers some even lieing against coke, how many have the company arrest and torture even with all their resources?

My anger is in detaining a pregnant woman and torturing her! this can only happen in a lawless country
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 4:31pm On Apr 09
Reussite:
I was on Chioma's side when the whole saga was blowing out of proportion but after reading the statement posted by the Erisco management on how they reached her several times to defend what she stated about the product killing people & she ignored all means to reach her & I also read the Erisco products have undergone further test by independent bodies to certify it is safe for consumption. It is only fair she explains her motive from the very beginning.
That does not warrant torturing a pregnant woman, they should have just charged her to court and if possible sent her to jail, I hate nonsense!!
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 4:35pm On Apr 09
sirblend:

In as saner clime she would go to jail..
Yes, but she wont be tortured by keeping a pregnant woman in police cell with licking roof, my anger is in the torturing, if the company have good pr, they would have put up a challenge that people should take their product to any lab for proper assessment, that would have boost their image, consumer confidence and make chioma a bad hater.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 4:38pm On Apr 09
johnog4sure:

So? People go to banks make videos leaving negative reviews...Access, Fidelity UBA etc are all global brands with the resources they have they can arrest and detain anybody in a lawless country like Nigeria, but they have not do that.
how about cocacola? an american did a documentary condemning junk foods especially cocacola because high level of diabetes and obesity in teens, nobody arrest him to torture him, if you even attend seminars on health and nutrition you will hear speakers some even lieing against coke, how many have the company arrest and torture even with all their resources?

My anger is in detaining a pregnant woman and torturing her! this can only happen in a lawless country
Go and work hard or take a loan to own a brand and open it for negative review.
Talk is cheap.
She knew she was pregnant and running diarrhea mouth online. The man demanded for an apology which she wrote and was released but her Lawyer asked her to withdraw the apology which she did because they want to cash out on the man and he was not ready for that.
She went online running her mouth again, that she had withdrawn the apology cos it was under duress while she and her Lawyer stirred the dust again.
Why didn't she consider her pregnancy before doing that. Now, from chest beating to making cry cry video online. Even her mother is making videos online.
Since she stirred the dust, let her brace up and fight.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 4:45pm On Apr 09
BadMaster:
Why would the I.G get himself involved in this stupidity?

If I were Chioma, I would use this opportunity to seek for asylum in a reasonable country.
And didn't you read they have put her under watchlist? Any Country she runs to will send her back.
You run diarrhea mouth, now want asylum?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 4:47pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

Go and work hard or take a loan to own a brand and open it for negative review.
Talk is cheap.
She knew she was pregnant and running diarrhea mouth online. The man demanded for an apology which she wrote and was released but her Lawyer asked her to withdraw the apology which she did because they want to cash out on the man and he was not ready for that.
She went online running her mouth again, that she had withdrawn the apology cos it was under duress while she and her Lawyer stirred the dust again.
Why didn't she consider her pregnancy before doing that. Now, from chest beating to making cry cry video online. Even her mother is making videos online.
Since she stirred the dust, let her brace up and fight.
Oga, make you pray make one big man no catch you for Nigeria, torture you mercilessly or even kill you, charging her to court and subsequently sending her to jail is enough(I learnt its 7years) but using police to torture her is what any sensible person will be against, now she is winning playing emotional card. The man self is not wise with this action.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by sirblend: 4:56pm On Apr 09
johnog4sure:

Yes, but she wont be tortured by keeping a pregnant woman in police cell with licking roof, my anger is in the torturing, if the company have good pr, they would have put up a challenge that people should take their product to any lab for proper assessment, that would have boost their image, consumer confidence and make chioma a bad hater.

Any prove that she was tortured?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 5:05pm On Apr 09
sirblend:

Any prove that she was tortured?
Go watch her interview, standing all night your feet inside pool of water in a police cell with leaky roof, especially for a pregnant woman, is not enough torture? Except if you can prove she lied in that interview.

Plus when you have a case, it is court that we serve the notice, and choose a date for hearing. But because a big man is involved the police can arrest and detain.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 5:54pm On Apr 09
johnog4sure:

Oga, make you pray make one big man no catch you for Nigeria, torture you mercilessly or even kill you, charging her to court and subsequently sending her to jail is enough(I learnt its 7years) but using police to torture her is what any sensible person will be against, now she is winning playing emotional card. The man self is not wise with this action.
The man asked her to apologize, she wrote the apology and was released.
Her Lawyer wanted them to make money off the man. Lawyer asked her to go back online and say she has withdrawn the apology and they should start the trouble again and she did. She went back online to boast she has successfully destroyed the man's business. Why crying when the man is set to destroy her now? Why looking for sympathy now after chest beating and boasting online?
After she apologised and was released, why not consider her pregnancy and let sleeping dogs lie? She looked for trouble and she's seeing it
Why looking for sympathy now when her aim was not achieved?

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 7:01pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

The man asked her to apologize, she wrote the apology and was released.
Her Lawyer wanted them to make money off the man. Lawyer asked her to go back online and say she has withdrawn the apology and they should start the trouble again and she did. She went back online to boast she has successfully destroyed the man's business. Why crying when the man is set to destroy her now? Why looking for sympathy now after chest beating and boasting online?
After she apologised and was released, why not consider her pregnancy and let sleeping dogs lie? She looked for trouble and she's seeing it
Why looking for sympathy now when her aim was not achieved?
Well, I wont argue because I dont know the entire story, but If I was the man honestly I will charge her to court then put her in jail, no apology nor sympathy, what I was against is using the police to torment her and be dragging her up and down, that was a foolish move, now people are sympathising with her, I swear if the product is good and healthy for consumption, no sympathy no pleas.

But wait.
Nobody is asking if the product actually contains high level of sugar, has any organization conducted any audit by taking that batch of production to the lab? what if there is somebody manufacturing the fakes somewhere? finally she said she wrote apology under duress.

Have you been arrested by Nigeria police before?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 7:47pm On Apr 09
johnog4sure:
Well, I wont argue because I dont know the entire story, but If I was the man honestly I will charge her to court then put her in jail, no apology nor sympathy, what I was against is using the police to torment her and be dragging her up and down, that was a foolish move, now people are sympathising with her, I swear if the product is good and healthy for consumption, no sympathy no pleas.

But wait.
Nobody is asking if the product actually contains high level of sugar, has any organization conducted any audit by taking that batch of production to the lab? what if there is somebody manufacturing the fakes somewhere? finally she said she wrote apology under duress.

He who goes about with an ant infested wood should not complain of Lizards crawling on him. She asked for this. She should have allowed sleeping dogs to lie and Peace reign.
She claimed she bought the product for the first time, she had never used it but claimed it is killing people. She can't even produce the product nor it's container not to talk of batch number but fighting blindly.
They want the man to make her the product ambassador and be extorting him but he declined.

See what another idiot posted on Nairaland about last month. The same mistake this loud mouthed fool is making. When someone tags the man now and he is caught, he will say his wife is pregnant and playing pity card.

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Pepperdemisback: 8:08pm On Apr 09
johnog4sure:

But wait.

My reply to the fool

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by iamL(f): 8:29am On Apr 12
Ijaya123:

It still doesn’t change the fact the man and his brand will be the ultimate loser.

Ask yourself, what does the Okoli lady stands to loose?

Nothing will affect the man's business. People have been buying since then especially when they realized her motive.

She could loose her life.
She has been spending time in jail.
She is a marked Nigerian.
No reputable company worldwide will employ her.
She already has a criminal record.

So don't be dump if you want to toe her part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.