Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,599 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues (27050 Views)

Sultan Declares Wednesday June 28th Eid l Kabir / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by AmazingGenius: 5:42pm On Apr 08
The Saudi Arabia, on Monday, said the crescent of Shawwal has not been sighted, indicating that the fasting will continue on Tuesday.

It also added that the Eid-El-Fitr would hold on Wednesday, April 10 to mark the beginning of the new Islamic month.

This disclosure was made on Haramin’s official Facebook page, an official platform for the Muslim community across the world.

“The crescent moon was not sighted in Saudi Arabia. Therefore, Eid Al Fitr will be celebrated on Wednesday, 10th April 2024.

“May Allāh allow us to utilise the remaining moments of this blessed month to engage in that which pleases Him, may He accept our siyām, qiyām & a’māl & may He allow us to witness many more Ramadāns in good health. Āmīn,” it wrote.

However, Nigerian Muslims are expected to wait for the announcement of the Sultan of Sokoto and President General of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Sa’ad Abubakar, later in the day.

The PUNCH reports that the Sultan on Sunday called on Muslims across the nation to look out for the new moon marking the beginning of Shawwal 1445 AH.

In a statement by the Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs of the Sultanate Council in Sokoto, Sambo Wali, he urged individuals who spot the new moon to promptly inform the relevant authorities.

“Muslims are therefore requested to start looking for the new moon of Shawwal 1445AH on Monday and report its sighting to the nearest district or village head for onward communication to His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, CFR, , the Sultan of Sokoto,” the statement reads.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-saudi-arabia-declares-wednesday-eid-el-fitr-says-fasting-continues/%3famp

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by slimmax: 6:21pm On Apr 08
The people wey get religion don talk. I rest my case. Na him one busybody minister rush go declare dorime.

145 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by gaby(m): 6:25pm On Apr 08
Hahaha....

Confusion..

Extra holiday for us here in Nigeria.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Xscape1993(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08
I reserve my comments for now please.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by RisenJoe(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08
I like Saudi

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by youngrichnigga: 7:02pm On Apr 08
Wahala dey o, and our own president don start the Eid since Sunday unserious government grin grin grin grin

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by sunshineV(f): 7:02pm On Apr 08
even u worship foreign God and abandon the God of ur land confusing go dey nahh😂😂😂 what can the Christian God and Allah do that amadioha and orunmila cannot do? they are obviously both useless even u need something serious and might deliver when it's a petty case😁

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Chimarto: 7:13pm On Apr 08
I don't know why FG declared inconsistent holidays

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Antlislaam: 7:41pm On Apr 08
This is serious why confusion in the religion of allah?

23 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by faceland: 7:45pm On Apr 08
slimmax:
The people wey get religion don talk. I rest my case. Na him one busybody minister rush go declare dorime.

May be na cloud dey block am

Even here, I can't see the stars (only shining satellites).

11 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by ManirBK: 7:46pm On Apr 08
nlfpmod
Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Starz825(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08
May Allah grant you all wisdom to understand that Jesus is Lord.Amin

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by ojun50(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08
Look for the moon, the moon lost

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by wunmi590(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08

I don't know why the federal government hurriedly declared Tuesday and Wednesday as public holiday, even when the calender has been declaring Wednesday and Thursday as public holiday..

FG just want to spoil the holiday for us, I was thinking if FG declared Wednesday and Thursday, I won't even bother going to work till the next Monday..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Solofresh2: 7:54pm On Apr 08
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday holidays

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Oshokhai69: 7:55pm On Apr 08
Chimarto:
I don't know why FG declared inconsistent holidays

Didn’t FGN declare Tuesday and Wednesday? How is that inconsistent? If Wednesday is the holiday, is it not a holiday in Nigeria? What’s wrong with you?

Dem don add Thursday. Hope you are happy now.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Day169: 7:57pm On Apr 08
The new moon may not be sighted today, since there's a solar eclipse going on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Latakia(f): 7:57pm On Apr 08
If that is the case, I hereby declare 9th, 10th and 11th of April 2024 public holiday to celebrate the festival. Please ingnore the Federal Government declaration of just two days and follow my own declaration.

142 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Dynamicboss: 7:57pm On Apr 08
Happy celebration to our Muslim brothers and sisters. Time to rest. Happy mood

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by umpire1st(m): 7:58pm On Apr 08
Them don fry chicken 4 my area ooh, make I no hear say them no share am tomorrow ooh

17 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Peterobi90: 7:58pm On Apr 08
Hmmm
Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by LOVEGINO(m): 7:59pm On Apr 08
I comment my reserve grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by tefishy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 08
Employer of labour. Well done

Latakia:
If that is the case, I hereby declare 9th, 10th and 11th of April 2024 public holiday to celebrate the festival. Please ingnore the Federal Government declaration of just two days and follow my own declaration.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by marlow1962(m): 7:59pm On Apr 08
Ok
Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Ebinpawo1: 8:00pm On Apr 08
Suppose the crescent moon refuses to appear because of the expected eclipse? I m just thinking

8 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by tiswell(m): 8:00pm On Apr 08
Una go wait taya

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Kaka77(m): 8:00pm On Apr 08
Moon wey I see for my bathroom naim dem dey find so oo.

15 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Pvin: 8:01pm On Apr 08
We have sighted ours Peace
Re: Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues by Latakia(f): 8:02pm On Apr 08
tefishy:
Employer of labour. Well done

yes daddy,u are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse / Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each / Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.