Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse (27161 Views)

Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies / Maryam Ahmad Gumi Dies! Sheikh Gumi Losses Daughter / Man Climbs Street Light In Abuja During Maulud Of Sheikh Ibrahim Inyass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Ridah(f): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
Who Knows Him Better? I Need Full Details About Him.

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
"shaykh"(?) Ibrahim niasse was a Sufi, that alone is enough for any lover of sunnah to flee from from him...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Niass

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 12, 2016
That's niyass, ur choice!

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:
That's niyass, ur choice!
no be talisman I dey see so? shocked shocked
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

no be talisman I dey see so? shocked shocked
Abio, wetin be sufi before if no be stuffs like this?!
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ridah:
Who Knows Him Better? I Need Full Details About Him.
First all, with due respect, you in wrong place if you want to know this Sheikh in "details" as you claimed. That's like asking George Bush who Saddam is.

If you want to know him, you have to ask starting from random Sufi students online like facebook. They have Sufi pages there. That aside.

Look for Shuyuk that studied under him that are his friends, relatives and professional students etc. Sit down with them and let them tell you stories. If you are in nigeria this is easy. The least info you can find on him online is wiki which pretty much said some things. But the best is to contact locals, students, scholars and Shuyuk who know him very well. Here on NL, you are wasting your time and that's unfair. I can not verify the picture on the left. Even if you google it, i doubt you will find it. Ask poster where he got it from?.

Second, as you can see, it is not necessarily him they have problems with but sufi altogether which means even if you ask about another respected sufi sheikh, you will get worst descriptions of him. They did the same thing to Caribbean Sheikh Imran. On their website, they reddened his face, said all types of crazy things that even go against Sunnah they claimed they follow.

In conclusion to brothers who have made their comments, fear Allah. fear Allah, fear Allah. Let's assume that's picture of him with talismans, it is really old picture compared to his famous pictures of him we know. Let's assume that was his days of jahiliyah. If you google his name, I doubt you will find any of his pictures with such things. It is okay if you hate him but you have to understand that what goes around comes around. We do not speak ill of our Shuyukh whether we favor them or not. And like have said, i really cant verify the picture and it is really old.

This reminds me of UK preacher Angem. When he ran his mouth too much and media wanted to bring him down by obtaining his old picture when he was a jahil doing his fling fling things with ladies. No beard, casual dress and sometimes suit. The picture was taken in a bar to put him down. Luckily for him, media plan did not work bcus no one gave fig leaf.

My point, we do not use people's past to judge them after receiving guidance. Let's take George Bush for instance, he is so much hated for his action on iraq. If he reverts to islam today, the least muslims can do is to implore him to confess and make public apology. After that, we have no right to bring his past to hunt him again. Anyone who does that is a fasiq.

I really can't give you info about him bcus i do not know. And I'm sure you cant get details here either bcus they do not know. They will tell you what they want you to know. So if you truly want to know him in detail, get offline and ask Shuyukh who know him well. Not here.

Besides, you might need to read his books on islam and spirituality and all that. The people giving you info here are like great great grandchildren to him.

8 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
^^ people are not fools...
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
like i said again people are not fools, sufis are known for shirk...

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:
like i said again people are not fools, sufis are known for shirk...
Fact here is, your approach is wrong. The brother's approach is wrong and disrespectful altogether. Even if we are to assume that's talisman on him, talisman itself is a controversial subject. There is no conclusive ijma on it. only individual or group of individual scholars maybe decisive on the matter. To write jargons or outlandish words that contain shirk is what is universally considered shirk. But if it is Qur'anic verses, they differ. So basing evidence on the picture is very wrong. And claiming sufis are known for shirk is irrational.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
Fact here is, your approach is wrong. The brother's approach is wrong and disrespectful altogether. Even if we are to assume that's talisman on him, talisman itself is a controversial subject. There is no conclusive ijma on it. only individual or group of individual scholars maybe decisive on the matter. To write jargons or outlandish words that contain shirk is what is universally considered shirk. But if it is Qur'anic verses, they differ. So basing evidence on the picture is very wrong. And claiming sufis are known for shirk is irrational.

sufis are known for grave worship, saint worship, if that's not shirk to you, what is it? niasse claimed he was given the keys to secret divine knowledge, so what's the use of Muhammad's message if after his death some people claim to have some secret divine knowledge? this is why I can say Sufism and shi'ism are very identical, hence your friendship with a Shi'a.

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

sufis are known for grave worship, saint worship, if that's not shirk to you, what is it? niasse claimed he was given the keys to secret divine knowledge, so what's the use of Muhammad's message if after his death some people claim to have some secret divine knowledge? this is why I can say Sufism and shi'ism are very identical, hence your friendship with a Shi'a.

I concur. They prostrate to their Sufi shieks. Example is sheik Dahiru Usman in Bauchi State while he was comfortably sitting on a chair. For the avoidance of doubt I have the video before but not anymore. I will look for it on YouTube or ask friends.

They also do maulud with shi'a.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You'd better not talk like this even to reasonable salafi shuyuk. They will be reasonable enough to analyze your statements. You are really not saying anything new. I am used to salafis the way they listen, the way they talk and the way they spew their judgement. Obviously, you really made general statement which brings ALL sufis in this camp. VERY WRONG..

Poor approach. Try harder next time. Underlined really got me laughing. Anyone who makes ziyara to grave now worships the grave and saint. That's funny.

I asked the other brother too to tell us what xyz sheik was doing against islam, he still never answered since 2014.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

I concur. They prostrate to their Sufi shieks. Example is sheik Dahiru Usman in Bauchi State while he was comfortably sitting on a chair. For the avoidance of doubt I have the video before but not anymore. I will look for it on YouTube or ask friends.

They also do maulud with shi'a.
You brothers kinda naive though. I thought you are tough at distinguishing stuff. Maybe you need to ask Sheikh Uthaymeen (ra) on this. Go to their usual website and read what he said with respect to this. So you brothers are not proving anything so far. It is all guesswork.

I understand you no longer have picture to proof it but i am sure there are similar pictures on google. Kindly google one that is close to yours and let's see. There is a difference btw prostrating (as in shirk) and prostrating to your sheik. Prostrating to your shaykh, you most likely felt uncomfortable which is understood. What i mean by this is prostrating to kiss your sheik's feet or hand. It is in the Sunnah to do so and no one has the right to condemn it. What Shaykh Uthaymeen said is that the sheik may feel proud and it is better to avoid it. He did not say it shirk. But you're here saying it shirk. Maybe you are yet to study hadith to this effect.

Anyways, whether it is prostrating to kiss feet, kiss hand kiss this or kiss that, I dont do none of it not even my mom's hands and feet needless to say someone else. So far, you people are not proving anything. You are only skeptical and paranoid. That's all.

Besides, it is not ALL sufis. Only minority far as i know

Go and study more ahadith
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
You brothers kinda naive though. I thought you are tough at distinguishing stuff. Maybe you need to ask Sheikh Uthaymeen (ra) on this. Go to their usual website and read what he said with respect to this. So you brothers are not proving anything so far. It is all guesswork.

I understand you no longer have picture to proof it but i am sure there are similar pictures on google. Kindly google one that is close to yours and let's see. There is a difference btw prostrating (as in shirk) and prostrating to your sheik. Prostrating to your shaykh, you most likely felt uncomfortable which is understood. What i mean by this is prostrating to kiss your sheik's feet or hand. It is in the Sunnah to do so and no one has the right to condemn it. What Shaykh Uthaymeen said is that the sheik may feel proud and it is better to avoid it. He did not say it shirk. But you're here saying it shirk. Maybe you are yet to study hadith to this effect.

Anyways, whether it is prostrating to kiss feet, kiss hand kiss this or kiss that, I dont do none of it not even my mom's hands and feet needless to say someone else. So far, you people are not proving anything. You are only skeptical and paranoid. That's all.

These are two different things, but as an innovator you seek to hide in things that are unclear, clearly prostration for veneration is haraam(considering the hadith in tirmidhi), but kissing hands and feets is not, so you intend to hide under the fact that to be able to kiss the hand you will resemble someone that prostrates outwardly but in reality, you are not venerating the person through prostration, rather your aim is the kiss the hand or feet, this is where you intend to hide which is quite pathetic but unsurprising.
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
^ and you claim to his so called secret knowledge, which has been passed around for far too long, I am sure you dont know what they talking about. "Secret knowledge" is nothing but Quran itself. It is nothing but some explanation and or interpretation of Quran, hadith etc. I will not take you serious bcus i know you dont have listening ears when sufi speaks. They speak not in your level. Just like english and english literature, english literature can be hard sometimes to understand. That's how sufis speak.

You want to compare your theoretical approach with spiritual approach?. That's a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

These are two different things, but as an innovator you seek to hide in things that are unclear, clearly prostration for veneration is haraam(considering the hadith in tirmidhi), but kissing hands and feets is not, so you intend to hide under the fact that to be able to kiss the hand you will resemble someone that prostrates outwardly but in reality, you are not venerating the person through prostration, rather your aim is the kiss the hand or feet, this is where you intend to hide which is quite pathetic but unsurprising.
Are you clear early in this discussion when you condemned someone you knew not?. ANd then went further to condemn ALL sufis together?. FUnny. So far, all i see once in a while is kissing feet. I guess you did not know this before. You just went to check what your sheik said bcus i made reference to him. You realized i was right and then you came back to agree with me. Isorait

As for prostrating outright to graves, very ignorant minority would do that. And our shuyuk warned that we should not call them kafir but lecture them. Still your approach is wrong. To prostrate outright to grave is shirk bcus you not supposed to do that. PERIOD. BUt you make it sound like MAJORITY do that. Wrong...........very wrong
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:

I am not talking of kissing this that bla bla bla.
I said prostration. Wa'annal Masajida lillahi..

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rUjE2vtVyQ[/flash]
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
Are you clear early in this discussion when you condemned someone you knew not?. ANd then went further to condemn ALL sufis together?. FUnny. So far, all i see once in a while is kissing feet. I guess you did not know this before. You just went to check what your sheik said bcus i made reference to him. You realized i was right and then you came back to agree with me. Isorait

"beware of suspicion, for verily suspicion is the highest degree of falsehood" ~ Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah.

As for prostrating outright to graves, very ignorant minority would do that. And our shuyuk warned that we should not call them kafir but lecture them. Still your approach is wrong. To prostrate outright to grave is shirk bcus you not supposed to do that. PERIOD. BUt you make it sound like MAJORITY do that. Wrong...........very wrong

atleast you agree prostrating to grave is shirk, Alhamdulillaah, issokay.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
^ and you claim to his so called secret knowledge, which has been passed around for far too long, I am sure you dont know what they talking about. "Secret knowledge" is nothing but Quran itself. It is nothing but some explanation and or interpretation of Quran, hadith etc. I will not take you serious bcus i know you dont have listening ears when sufi speaks. They speak not in your level. Just like english and english literature, english literature can be hard sometimes to understand. That's how sufis speak.

You want to compare your theoretical approach with spiritual approach?. That's a long way to go.

explanation of the Qur'an and hadith by whose authority?

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 285 Narrated by Abu Hurayrah The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Had it been permissible that a person may prostrate himself before another, I would have ordered that a wife should prostrate herself before her husband.
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

"beware of suspicion, for verily suspicion is the highest degree of falsehood" ~ Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah.

atleast you agree prostrating to grave is shirk, Alhamdulillaah, issokay.
You still have no valid claim against him. YOu can do yourself a favor by reading his books.
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
You still have no valid claim against him. YOu can do yourself a favor by reading his books.

I asked secret divine explanation to the Qur'an on whose authority?
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:
[b]Al/b]
really dont speak the language the man speaks...so i dont understand. baqir was right when he said you must be from north. Anyways, for the subsequent hadith you quoted, it is rather an isolated hadith. How about other hadith, did you care to out the data together to understand what it is really saying?.

Anyways, i am not surprised. You brothers are just paranoid. That's all. You have no valid claims against sufis so far. ONLY fling fling excuses. If some amongst them are doing despicable things, you go after those. You dont condemn all of them. Even as crazy as Sheik faisal was, he never condemned the sufis. He simply call those who bow at the graves "grave worshipers". He did not call them sufis.

You people better go back to madrasa or something rather than taking stuff from internet.

As for "secret knowledge" lexicon, really dont know how else to explain that to you. You would do yourself favor by asking that from them directly. I understand what they meant but don't.
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I asked secret divine explanation to the Qur'an on whose authority?
Those who wrote tafsir, they got authority from the prophet?. Dont you see some of their opinions there as well?.

If you want to know what they talking about, get ready to do dhikr.....A LOT....thats where the veil will be removed from you. There is nothing to talk about here

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
Those who wrote tafsir, they got authority from the prophet?. Dont you see some of their opinions there as well?.

you seriously think you talking to an ignoramus here? and you are bringing this as a defence? what a joke, you claim "secret" knowledge=divine explanation, from who?

If you want to know what they talking about, get ready to do dhikr.....A LOT....thats where the veil will be removed from you. There is nothing to talk about here

so do you also have this secret knowledge ? smiley or you are still doing LOTS of dhikr in the hope of getting this secret knowledge? wink

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
really dont speak the language the man speaks...so i dont understand. baqir was right when he said you must be from north. Anyways, for the subsequent hadith you quoted, it is rather an isolated hadith. How about other hadith, did you care to out the data together to understand what it is really saying?.

Anyways, i am not surprised. You brothers are just paranoid. That's all. You have no valid claims against sufis so far. ONLY fling fling excuses. If some amongst them are doing despicable things, you go after those. You dont condemn all of them. Even as crazy as Sheik faisal was, he never condemned the sufis. He simply call those who bow at the graves "grave worshipers". He did not call them sufis.

You people better go back to madrasa or something rather than taking stuff from internet.

As for "secret knowledge" lexicon, really dont know how else to explain that to you. You would do yourself favor by asking that from them directly. I understand what they meant but don't.

Sir you don't need to understand the language. The video has shown you people prostrating 2 sheik Dahiru bauchi. The audio don't count. But if you want the translation I can give you. The video was shoot in Ibadan when the sheik visit the state.

You talk of baqir? Actually you prove to us Shi'a and Sufi have link. You celebrate maulud together with bands.

We hold no one as our waliy. Allah is our waliy through the sunnah and teachings of Muhammad (pbum). We hold no one to the rope of Allah. Continue to hold your sufis sheik as mediators.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:

Islam is not hidden to some people, its very clear. You cannot claim to know another different explanation of the Book as your sheiks claim the translation of Quran is zahirun wa badi'nun. The one you can see and the one only sheik can see.

[size=16] You Clearly See The Prostration in That Video but you're ignorant that you don't understand the language [/size]. Who is after the language.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
First of all you need to defined Sufism to us. Why are you Called Sufis? We know why people are called shia, why are you Called sufis?

Innovation in Islam is what makes you Sufi.
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Empiree: 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

[size=16] You Clearly See The Prostration in That Video but you're ignorant that you don't understand the language [/size]. Who is after the language.
Feel sorry for you though. Dont know why you still dwell on this. You dont even know if i watched it or not. The moment he's speak outlandishly, i stopped the video. I cant judge what i dont understand. Besides, I have told the brother about prostration. And if you think sufi shuyuk dont condemned them, you must be living in Disney land
Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by MrOlai: 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
Even if we are to assume that's talisman on him, talisman itself is a controversial subject. There is no conclusive ijma on it.

Subhanallah!
There is nothing controversial about talisman in Islam. It is purely shirk!

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
Empiree:
Feel sorry for you though. Dont know why you still dwell on this. You dont even know if i watched it or not. The moment he's speak outlandishly, i stopped the video. I cant judge what i dont understand. Besides, I have told the brother about prostration. And if you think sufi shuyuk dont condemned them, you must be living in Disney land

You see how ignorant you're. Why don't you wait 4 the exact minute the prostrations occur. The video is not long, its only four minutes. The Sufi sheik is comfortably sitting while they prostrate. Let me just not waste my time on you. Bye. Enjoy your innovations to Islamic religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each / Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims / The Ruling On A Woman Sleeping Alone, Apart From Her Husband, In A Separate Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.