Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,881 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims (27192 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
Lady Gaga’s ‘offensive’ Fashion Lady Gaga got on the Muslims nerves with her burqa
and raccoon tail outfit at London Fashion Week. A Chicago based representative of a number of Muslim
groups to the Chicago Sun Times, Said “That comes across as a clear insult to Muslims and Islam,” threaten to throw paint or feces at the star. The star’s security
tightens. Source: Short URL: http://www.faithfreedom.org/?p=43005

3 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Ptolomeus(m): 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
Excuse me.
I do not understand.
I think we should thank the star. She is spreading Islamic culture ...
Or maybe I'm wrong?
Throwing feces at a woman? But ... that is? The world has gone mad?
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ptolomeus: Excuse me.
I do not understand.
I think we should thank the star. She is spreading Islamic culture ...
Or maybe I'm wrong?
Throwing feces at a woman? But ... that is? The world has gone mad?
spreading islamic culture? Wait is Lady gaga u want to spread islamic culture.. Did u seriously say that?
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Akshow: 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Whats wit these Muslims and takin everything as offensive? For Christ sake can't the Gagarous lady dress any How she so pleases? Na wa o. Time go soon come if people eat for the comfort of their room, the muslim world will be offended. Raaawbish

27 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by wiegraf: 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
Is this for real? They now tell people what they can and cannot wear? They suggest throwing feces?
Hahaahahahahahah
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by italo: 5:55am On Oct 06, 2012
Why throw faeces? What happened to BOMBING her? That would be more typical and effective.

18 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by wiegraf: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2012
"HIJAB IS NOT A DRESS CODE FOR CALL GIRLS& PROSTITUTES& MEAT SELLERS,IT THE DRESS CODE PIOUS,MORAL,TRUSTFUL MUSLIMA ,WHO LOVE THEIR CREATOR MORE & PROTECT ALL FROM OTHERS & GIVES ALL ONLY THEIR HUSBANDS,DON'T COMPARE A WILD VULTURES WITH INNOCENT LAMB

1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad)."

This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here

Edit: em, yeah, so this made front page. So many seem to misunderstand, acceptable considering the length and probability y'all don't show up in /religion. This is a quote (hence the whole thing is in "" ) from the comments section in the source page. Followed by my comment,
"This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here"
If you don't get what I'm trying to say, well... Seriously, I even make fun of the situation just two posts above *smh*. Btw, do you believe in a god? Because odds are I think your beliefs are just as silly (just more evolved than muslims).
And supposing these likes are from muslims (there were 33, this may reduce drastically soon considering theist indignation smiley ), it's good to know how easy it is to feed sheep what they want to hear. Manipulate from there...

Sheesh, I have to bold this so it's clear... I'm even getting muslim followers... If I had @abdulsleeks skills I'd spend the whole day trolling
Dohoohohohohoho

46 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Kay17: 8:16am On Oct 06, 2012
More intolerance.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by oladayo042: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2012
I'm not disappointed.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by EvilBrain1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wearing a veil is insulting and throwing feaces isn't? You religious people are amazing!!! Bunch of sh1t slinging monkeys.

And BTW, when did they award muslims the copyright on veils? Did they do like Apple Computer and patent it after someone else invented it? Because contrary to what many ignorant muslims posters have implied above, the veil did not originate with muslims and does not belong to them. The ancient Assyrians for one, had laws enforcing the veil 2000 years before the koran was written. Ancient greek women wore veils, so did jewish women. Christian nuns have been wearing the veil since at least the 4th century AD, long before islam.

Hell, the book of genesis talks about Judah's daughter in law veiling herself and pretending to be a pr0stitute in order to have sex with him. Even though that story is almost certainly not historical, it is clear evidence that pr0stitutes wore the veil in ancient Judea.

Lady Gaga should carry on jo.

69 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by SlyIg(f): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
This woman don enter for this vampires o o ... May our good Jésus rescue her.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Orikinla(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
[size=28pt]The BURQA EXISTED BEFORE PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS BORN.
MUSLIMS ARE JUST FRUSTRATED TROUBLEMAKERS WHO ARE IMMATURE AND INSECURE AND STILL IN BONDAGE.[/size]

54 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by SlyIg(f): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
Evil Brain: Wearing a veil is insulting and throwing feaces isn't? You religious people are amazing!!! Bunch of sh1t slinging monkeys.

And BTW, when did they award muslims the copyright on veils? Did they do like Apple Computer and patent it after someone else invented it? Because contrary to what many ignorant muslims posters have implied above, the veil did not originate with muslims and does not belong to them. The ancient Assyrians for one, had laws enforcing the veil 2000 years before the koran was written. Ancient greek women wore veils, so did jewish women. Christian nuns have been wearing the veil since at least the 4th century AD, long before islam.

Hell, the book of genesis talks about Judah's daughter in law veiling herself and pretending to be a pr0stitute in order to have sex with him. Even though that story is almost certainly not historical, it is clear evidence that pr0stitutes wore the veil in ancient Judea.

Lady Gaga should carry on jo.
Thank you for this clarity pls. I wish those illiterate can read this. I pity that poor woman. Im sure they ll start their protest in d North by tomorrow. Bunch of foolss like them!

9 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
Good lawd! Who pressed F5 again? Lady Gaga!

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by samkoro: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
Nonsense!
Nonsense!
Always getting offended

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by echibuzor: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
I really dont know what these Jihadists Islamists problem is with a pop star putting on what she obviously bought qith her money....
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by samkoro: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]The BURQA EXISTED BEFORE PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS BORN.
MUSLIMS ARE JUST FRUSTRATED TROUBLEMAKERS WHO ARE IMMATURE AND INSECURE AND STILL IN BONDAGE.[/size]

Word

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by IYANGBALI: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
What is wrong with her dressing?these people and their so called religion of piss,every little thing na fight.ONE DAY ALL OF UNA GO TIRE tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
That's why she's Lady Gaga. She does things her own freaking way.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by bankyblue(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Good lawd! Who pressed F5 again? Lady Gaga!
Lmao
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by IYANGBALI: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]The BURQA EXISTED BEFORE PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS BORN.
I gbadun you no be small,pls tell the fooooooools

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by fittty(m): 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Smh
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by YuckMouf: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lady Gaga is Sooo Lame, Muslims have a right to be Outraged.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by kunletade(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Now what happen to the phrase "Live and let Live" I can't just fathom the reason why she had to put that on considering the kind of reputation she had.

NO ONE SEE THE STRUGGLE THEY ONLY SEE THE TROUBLE
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by vanstanzy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Everything offends this co-cksuckers called muslims. Abeg make them fu-ck off!

6 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by samkoro: 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
wiegraf: "HIJAB IS NOT A DRESS CODE FOR CALL GIRLS& PROSTITUTES& MEAT SELLERS,IT THE DRESS CODE PIOUS,MORAL,TRUSTFUL MUSLIMA ,WHO LOVE THEIR CREATOR MORE & PROTECT ALL FROM OTHERS & GIVES ALL ONLY THEIR HUSBANDS,DON'T COMPARE A WILD VULTURES WITH INNOCENT LAMB

1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad)."

This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here

When all ur heart are full of hatred,wickedness,murder,mutah-islamic approved prostitution,approved wifebeating ,approved theft and lies.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by bankyblue(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
The world is going to an end. I hope nigerian musilm won't go on rampage
because of this. because the only task am expecting is for them to stand against
The Saudi for deporting our girls.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by tai2(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
That is no burqa...and the veil covering is a cultural tradition that earlier applied to Jews, Christians and Muslims from long ago. No religion holds a monopoly on the usage.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by YuckMouf: 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
Who are any of you to say what is offensive to Muslims?

She would not dare walk around with a Kippah on her head while having dead rodents around her neck.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by LarryTreash(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
They are only going mad.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by vanstanzy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
SlyIg:
Thank you for this clarity pls. I wish those illiterate can read this. I pity that poor woman. Im sure they ll start their protest in d North by tomorrow. Bunch of foolss like them!

Bro u funny o. Ur post must be a brain teaser. Illiterates dont read, they are only led, and they follow blindly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Ruling On A Woman Sleeping Alone, Apart From Her Husband, In A Separate Room / Woman Not Created From Her Husband's Rib / Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.