Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee (31379 Views)

CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Kusu12: 6:47pm On Apr 09
SocialJustice:
Shameless country, this is enough reason for whoever has left not to return after acquiring citizenship elsewhere.
You losers are pathetic and frustrated. Losers always wailing. You and your type will wail to death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Proserpina: 6:48pm On Apr 09

2 Likes

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by grace5: 6:49pm On Apr 09
The processing fee for a Canada Visitor visa application is 100 Canadian Dollars. You will also have to pay biometrics fees of CAD$85 and a passport processing fee of CAD$45.
230 caddollar for visa.

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by ChristineC: 6:50pm On Apr 09
Pay up or get lost, brother.
it's the same way others charge for biometrics with every new application - non refundable if I may add.
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by grace5: 6:52pm On Apr 09
UNITED Kingdom

Standard Visitor Visa Fees
If you visit the UK regularly you can apply for a long-term Visitor Visa. A 2-year visa will cost £400, a 5-year visa costs £771 while a 10-year visa costs £963. With these visas, each individual visit must be no longer than 180 days.

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by YemyTemmy: 6:52pm On Apr 09
Cooletempa:

Nigeria is always behind. Imagine the daylight robbery on fellow Africans. Shame on the giant of africa

Try and be intelligent in your submission, find out how Nigerians are treated in Kenya to start with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by joseph1832(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09
We should ask him how much is the US or other western countries, charging Nigerians for visa to stay for a month. Nonsense. Pay up and stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by iamjavadem(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09
So in his mind this chickin money is enough to chase investors. Well what else will a none investor say, next.
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09
this yeye man should check how much Nigerians have to pay to get US visa... tit for tat!

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Blaze14k: 6:58pm On Apr 09
ValCon888:
There's something called Reciprocity. The reporter should first find out how much Nigerians pay for visas to the US.

It will do him good to know the amount is nonrefundable, the rejection rate is extremely high, yet Nigerians pay the same fees every time they apply for a visa to the USA

Valid point but debatable
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Cooletempa: 7:01pm On Apr 09
YemyTemmy:

Try and be intelligent in your submission, find out how Nigerians are treated in Kenya to start with

Maybe you should look in the mirror before talking. Number one, we are talking about visa for fellow Africans to help grow our economies like the rest of the world. Number 2, I worked and lived in Kenya (Westland) to be specific and Kenya’s are wonderful people to many Nigerians but that is not the issue. Number three, the topic is not only about Kenya but the whole of africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by faceland: 7:01pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:

Thank you Larry for sharing this feedback with love.
Unpatriotic elements, criminal cyberbullies and trolls, take note of how you can make your point without committing criminal defamation and cybercrime.

We need more investors and investments in Lagos and we want Nigeria to be the top destination for Africans and non Africans alike for travel, investment, work, pilgrimage, leisure and permanent relocation to mother Africa by our brothers and sisters who desire to reconnect with their African roots in Ile-Ife Odaaye ( The Source) where creation began.

There's always room for improvement in our processes and the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not claim to know it all. Please give your feedback and criticism in a constructive, intelligent and civil way like Madowo just did with facts and figures with no insult and/or criminal cyberbullying. It's always a delight to watch Larry on CNN, absolutely brilliant and courteous professional who makes me proud to be an African each time I watch his news casting, journalistic report presentations and when he conducts interviews on CNN with African artists, techpreneurs, trendsetters etc .

May God bless Nigeria and the African continent. Check my signature for free stuffs!

My brother, you sound like a North Korean. Soulless declaration... May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by CountinBlessins(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:
“The visa itself costs $25, but Nigeria charges a $20 ‘processing fee’ and $170 for biometrics every time. My fingerprints haven’t changed since I was here three weeks ago. Why am I paying $170 to have them taken and to pose for a picture each time I visit? Isn’t that a standard part of admitting someone into a country?

“I love Nigeria, but the visa situation is showing me shege. It’s too much oo! Why this Shege Pro Max?”

Larry Madowo made some valid points and it's refreshing that we can get this kind of civil and intellectual feedback.
Thank you Larry for sharing this feedback with love.
Unpatriotic elements, criminal cyberbullies and trolls, take note of how you can make your point without committing criminal defamation and cybercrime.

We need more investors and investments in Lagos and we want Nigeria to be the top destination for Africans and non Africans alike for travel, investment, work, pilgrimage, leisure and permanent relocation to mother Africa by our brothers and sisters who desire to reconnect with their African roots in Ile-Ife Odaaye ( The Source) where creation began.

There's always room for improvement in our processes and the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not claim to know it all. Please give your feedback and criticism in a constructive, intelligent and civil way like Madowo just did with facts and figures with no insult and/or criminal cyberbullying. It's always a delight to watch Larry on CNN, absolutely brilliant and courteous professional who makes me proud to be an African each time I watch his news casting, journalistic report presentations and when he conducts interviews on CNN with African artists, techpreneurs, trendsetters etc .

May God bless Nigeria and the African continent. Check my signature for free stuffs!

YOU talk too much,no one is interested. Make your point and move off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by BigDawsNet: 7:04pm On Apr 09
I'm not concerned abt the high visa or biometrics fee.. cus we have lots of countries that charges African lots to apply visa that is not even sure sometimes...

But truly African Union and Ecowas needs to come together and have a real discussion... what's the benefits of been in one continent and they can activate free visa across the nation...

2 Likes

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by ppogba: 7:05pm On Apr 09
SocialJustice:
Shameless country, this is enough reason for whoever has left not to return after acquiring citizenship elsewhere.

America and UK that are milking Nigerians dry through their embassies are not shameless?

A shameless fellow calling his country shameless.

Typical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Vision101(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09
SocialJustice:
No true entry into a country that is free. The UK decided to increase all her entry fees to fund some part of their budget.

He knows what he will gain by entering Nigeria regularly and that's why he's paying.

The days of free lunch in Nigeria are over. Let immigrants value us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Krankhead: 7:06pm On Apr 09
SocialJustice:
Stop reacting unnecessarily. Defend your country for once. Are telling if apply for UK visa 20 times you will.nit pay visa fees for each of your application? Kissing white man Ass at your detriment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by faceland: 7:07pm On Apr 09
CountinBlessins:

YOU talk too much,no one is interested. Make your point and move off

I don't know how much they pay him but he almost announced the president and Lagos state governors as supreme god while sentencing their critics to concentration camps. This is end time loyalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09
Please read carefully before you crucify your country because of the reason best known to you on the above subject matter:

To those Nigerian citizens currently attacking the Nigerian government, and especially our immigration authorities, due to Mr. Larry Madowo's post complaining about his $215 alleged Nigerian visa payment, do note the following:

The Nigerian visa can be obtained at $25 on arrival for Kenyan citizens, of which Mr. Madowo is one. The $170 is for the biometric fee.

Also, Nigeria has reciprocal visa policies with Mr. Madowo's home country, Kenya. I have been to Kenya multiple times. For many years, Nigerian citizens enjoyed visa-free or visa-on-arrival privileges at Kenyan airports. This was recently revoked. And you do not expect Nigeria to be pleased about this, especially as more Nigerians visit Kenya than vice versa. If Mr. Madowo wants to take a dig at African nations frustrating a "borderless Africa", he should look closer to home.

Moreover, Larry Madowo, who is a CNN correspondent, and who should have known that he is very likely to visit Nigeria, which is Africa's biggest economy, more than once a year, should have applied for a multiple-entry Nigerian visa, which is available to him for five years at a more affordable cost of just $100, which is far cheaper than the Kenyan visa for Nigerians for the same period, and which would have eliminated the need for multiple biometric charges. He would have just needed to do ONE biometric payment.

Larry Madowo did not do his homework correctly. It is entirely the responsibility of a traveller to research the immigration requirements of the country he intends to visit. He was negligent in his responsibilities and is trying to blame Nigeria. For a journalist on a platform like CNN, he has demonstrated a surprising ignorance of non-proprietary information, which can be publicly sourced with a cursory Google search.

What he is complaining of is not even unique to Nigeria, as those Nigerians who are supporting him, due to their disappointment at the results of the last elections, seem not to be aware.

For example, whenever a Nigerian or Kenyan reapplies for a British visa, they MUST still pay for their biometrics and take them, even if they just had them recently. It is a standard practice. It is precisely the same process in Nigeria for which Mr. Madowo is complaining about.

Therefore, prudent individuals choose to apply for a long-term multiple visa, of which the British five-year multiple entry visa costs £771, which is almost ten times the five-year Nigerian visa. That £771 does not include the cost of Biometrics.

And I saw supposedly enlightened Nigerians, like Dr. Victor Oladokun, of the African Development Bank, commenting on Mr. Madowo's post as though Nigeria had erred and was not acting in line with international best practices.

Can Larry Madowo try the stunt he pulled with Nigeria against the United Kingdom or the United States?

I am proud of my country. I salute the reforms in our immigration system. And I, for one, will not sit idly while Mr. Madowo undermines Nigeria for an oversight he is entirely responsible for.

I visited Kenya with twenty of my friends and family, and I was asked to pay a bribe at Jomo Kenyatta Airport in the early hours of January 17, 2024. I have documentary and eyewitness evidence and can prove it in court. I am not known as a meticulous record keeper for nothing! However, for the sake of African brotherhood, I kept a lid on this, because "love covers over a multitude of sins."

Mr. Madowo, like a typical African dictator, is only abusing his privileged position in the media industry to bully the Nigerian Immigration Service unnecessarily, and again, I, for one, will not have it!

Summarily, your comments determine how outsiders will judge your government and not how CNN reporter called Madowo (a Kenyan) lamented. Don't be too quick to condemn rather study and research before response because one day you will be out of the country which your present condemnation or commendation will have impact on how you will be treated. Thank you

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09
the reason could be Nigerians are been treated the same way in Kenya airports

2 Likes

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Babinski: 7:13pm On Apr 09
DonXavi:
This is very bad. Imagine that visa is just $25 and processing $20 respectively, but they charge a whopping "processing fee" of $170 just for biometrics. I can tell you for free that that biometric fee is not entering into any government coffer. With one single Shenghen visa, one can tour more that 27 European countries. But these myopic Africans will keep themselves isolated from each other while blaming western world for being the cause of their misfortune. Remember these Europeans were the ones that demarcated Africa and introduced borders, but they later understood that there was need for them to eliminate those borders among themselves in Europe to be able to experience true growth. But up until now, these myopic African leaders are holding tightly unto what their slave master had already discarded because it was ineffective and unproductive. Africa is providentially endowed with natural and human recourses and until they come to the realization that there is need for free movement of goods and persons among African nations, they will never experience significant growth to compete with other continents.

This is one of the clear evidence showing people ripping off the country blatantly. The Nigerian Government is making just $25 from $215 while a private contractor in collusion with civil servants and politicians is making $170 purportedly from biometric processing which is one of the reasons why it is being enforced repeatedly to make money even when capturing once is all that is needed.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Sapasenator: 7:15pm On Apr 09
Na by force to go to USA. Which kain protest be this.

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by BNLR(m): 7:19pm On Apr 09
Kudos to a first hand report from the Tourist. If there is any law or bill for this unnecessary charges . I, as a Nigerian and well learned expert in Tourism who love to sue the AU or Nigeria to Court.

In Hospitality and Tourism Law, there are regulations guiding against unlawful act in the industry. But most patrons did not know.

If there is any law that says that there should be a particular percentage of charges on Visa processing to any African Inbound tours and it been violated. Please feel free to go to court and teach any violating territory a lesson.

We really need to be strict with our life's in Africa.
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by TemmyT002(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09
This is embarrassing
The biometric fee is probably going to private pockets.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by treatise: 7:33pm On Apr 09

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:34pm On Apr 09
The Zoo and fraud and biometric fraud..

2 Likes

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by naijamerican: 7:34pm On Apr 09
The man doesn't realize Nigeria is a scam, filled with criminals masquerading as government officials. Hopefully they didn’t victimize him too much

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by soil4soil(m): 7:34pm On Apr 09
That's how we roll in Nigeria when other countries like USA, Canada, UK and others were increasing their Visa fee and other fees to reduce Nigerians coming to their country what do you say nothing.

If you don't like it didn't come

1 Like

Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Clobisman(m): 7:42pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/cnn-reporter-protests-nigerias-215-single-entry-visa-fee/
When people say africa isn't working they actually mean nigeria and those that are making it not to work aren't necessarily privileged politicians but from the lowest level civil servants to the permanent secretary who live in the same society with all of us.
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by VULCAN(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09
A person that can read but refuses to do so when it is needful is useless to himself and society.

FYI The reporter is not complaining about the visa fee.

He is complaining about the Biometric fee that is collected each time a person visits the country.

He has not changed his fingerprints so why continuously charging for biometrics when you took his fingerprints once already.

Do you understand?

ValCon888:
There's something called Reciprocity. The reporter should first find out how much Nigerians pay for visas to the US.

It will do him good to know the amount is nonrefundable, the rejection rate is extremely high, yet Nigerians pay the same fees every time they apply for a visa to the USA
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by Integrafamoo: 8:02pm On Apr 09
ValCon888:

You are comparing Nigeria with US, what do immigrants stand to gain from Naija. Can Nigerian government assure their security?
Re: CNN Reporter, Larry Madowo, Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee by DonroxyII: 8:06pm On Apr 09
ValCon888:

She hold Kenyan Passport not US !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Begin Dry Run Ahead Of Domestic Flights Resumption / Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway / Is This Benin City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.