Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. (30638 Views)

Fire Destroys Properties In Umuahia (Photos, Video) / Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos / Fire Destroys Vivid Imagination Fashion House In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by RenaissanceGuy: 7:55pm On Apr 09
The only beautiful places in Lagos are the business districts housing banks and big multinationals. Aside that, Lagos is an eyesore. The residential areas do not deserve to be in a place called Lagos.
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 8:14pm On Apr 09
GreaterFuture:

Appreciate Solid work over the years.
The consistency, thoroughness, continuity etc.. thanks a lot. A+ 👍🏽

Thank you.
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by airsaylongcome: 8:48pm On Apr 09
Racket. That fire was most likely started on purpose.
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by airsaylongcome: 8:52pm On Apr 09
obiekunie01:
13 buildings burn to ashes by fireworks!

this fireworks no be the same knockout wey we know?

abi there is another type of fireworks they are referring to.

oh! i forgot! arson, all join for fireworks.

let em keep burning down igbo people property.

fireworks indeed! cheesy

I don't think this was targeted at Igbo o. But I'm almost certain it was Arson. Developers looking to build there

1 Like

Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by placeofallure(f): 12:27am On Apr 10
NOC1:
Why store fireworks in this overpopulated market, yesterday fire outbreak, today same thing.

Is this recent? Fireworks in April? Ah!
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by Konquest: 10:59am On Apr 10
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 1:43pm On Apr 10
placeofallure:

Is this recent? Fireworks in April? Ah!

Lagos State Fire Service Contains Market Fire On Lagos Island.
https://www.nairaland.com/8057132/lagos-state-fire-service-contains
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by ghettochild(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10
gets your facts right.
it's not fireworks
it was petrol.
one idiot was pouring petrol inside a working generator in that hot sun n it caught fire n he flung the petrol keg downstairs...
imagine the rest
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by ghettochild(m): 2:07pm On Apr 10
gets your facts right.
it's not fireworks
it was petrol.
one idiot was pouring petrol inside a working generator in that hot sun n it caught fire n he flung the petrol keg downstairs...
imagine the restaurant.
my aunts and cousin's shop were razed too.
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 2:09pm On Apr 10
ghettochild:
gets your facts right.
it's not fireworks
it was petrol.
imagine the rest

naptu2:

Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by Sleekfingers: 4:20pm On Apr 10
I don't pity fools . They should enjoy their fireworks. Despite the warnings from Lagos state government.
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by placeofallure(f): 9:17pm On Apr 10
naptu2:

Thank you sir. I now have information concerning the incident. I just came in from visiting one of our sisters in the church. She sells trimmings at Docemo and her shop, really big shop, was totally razed. She didn't bring anything out except for her life. A total of 15 buildings was affected according to her. She's a widow, I don't know where she's gonna start from. It wasn't fireworks that started the fire. It was due to the carelessness of one of the painters working in a building not too far away, who was trying to refuel a working generator, especially one that they have used overnight that's hot all over. May God have mercy on us.
Re: Massive Fireworks Fire Destroys Buildings On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 2:17am On Apr 11
placeofallure:

Thank you sir. I now have information concerning the incident. I just came in from visiting one of our sisters in the church. She sells trimmings at Docemo and her shop, really big shop, was totally razed. She didn't bring anything out except for her life. A total of 15 buildings was affected according to her. She's a widow, I don't know where she's gonna start from. It wasn't fireworks that started the fire. It was due to the carelessness of one of the painters working in a building not too far away, who was trying to refuel a working generator, especially one that they have used overnight that's hot all over. May God have mercy on us.

Yeah, you can read the Fire Service report on that thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Needed. I Was Given A Quit Notice To Vacate Within Seven Days / Two Dead As Gas Explosion Rocks Ibadan / Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.