Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi (13626 Views)

NIA Directors Ask Buhari To Stop Signing Documents He Doesn't Understand — SR / If Atiku Doesn't Get The Ticket, We Will Destroy Everything-Spokesman / Lawan Should Resign As Senate Majority Leader, If He Doesn't Understand His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by blamingthedevil: 11:19pm On Apr 09
While reacting to a statement credited to the former Vice President of Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar on the 700 km coastal poad projects, the Minister Dave Umahi described the analysis Atiku made on the coastal road project figures and the economic importance of the all-important coastal highway project as a gross misrepresentation of facts, and figures and a ploy to mislead Nigerians by darkening counsel without knowledge.

Umahi spoke Monday during his visit to the on-going rehabilitation of Enugu - Port Harcourt dual carriageway section 4 (Aba - Port Harcourt) handled by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation Ltd (CCECC).

"He doesn't understand figures. I am going to run figures for him to understand, and he will understand how prudent the administration of President Tinubu has been. He will understand how prudency is taking the centre stage in this administration. The President has once queried me on the cost of on-going projects nationwide. I had to analyse every basic rate of construction materials to arrive at our unit rates. I showed it to Mr. President. He still thinks I should bring down the cost of projects.

"At the same time, the contractors are crying that I am oppressing them so much by reviewing the costs of their projects downwards. They lamented that what they were getting before, they are no longer getting it now. They cried out. But when I run the figures, Nigerians will see what this present administration is doing. So, I'm not here to run the figures now. I will do that in a press conference on my visit to Lagos from 10th April 2024 to 12th April 2024.”

On the economic importance of the coastal highway, he stated, "I will tell you the economic benefits of the project and how the coastal road is tying the entire country together. It's not tying just South-South and South- West. It is tying the North and South together. We are starting a project from Badagry to Sokoto, and we have a spur on this coastal route to that route and the African Trans Sahara Road that is passing from Enugu to Abakaliki to Ogoja to Cameroon which has a spur to the North".

Former Vice President Akitu Abubakar, may not know that the third section of the project is starting in Calabar by July 2024.

The Minister commended the pace and quality of work on the projects he visited but harped on the need for the contractors to heed the project delivery timeline. On the progress of work at the East West Road section III, he said, "The reinforcement is very good, the concrete is very good, the speed is not very good, so they have to increase their speed. If RCC doesn't increase their pace, I will take out a portion of this road and give it to another contractor. We will not want contractors to stay on a job like this 15 km dualization for two years or more.

He said despite the skyrocketed cost of materials in the construction industry caused by the dynamics of commodity price inflation and supply chain disruptions, the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR has remained unmatched in prudence, cost effectiveness, speedy and quality delivery of road projects.

The Minister also visited the construction of a 23-span flyover bridge project at Eke-Obinagu Junction (NNPC Depot), along Enugu Abakaliki Road, Enugu State handled by Reinforced Global Resources Ltd, the rehabilitation work at the collapsed bridge site at the New Artisan Bridge near NNPC mega fillings station Enugu Capital City, Enugu State handled by CCECC, the rehabilitation of Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway Section 3, Enugu- Lokpanta handled by CGC.

Other projects visited were the Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway section 2 (Umuahia Tower-Aba Township Rail/ Road) in Abia State, handled by the Arab Contractors and the reconstruction of the dualized 15km section of the East-West road section III: (Eleme Junction- Onne Port in Rivers State being executed on reinforced concrete pavement like the coastal road) handled by RCC.

He said that the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is committed to a diversified and sustainable economic future of Nigeria, and this he is doing in the works sector through aggressive infrastructure development that would provide access to trade, tourism, industrialization and safety, especially along the local economic corridors.

Source: Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji,
Special Adviser (Media) to the Hon Minister of Works

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by helinues: 11:20pm On Apr 09
Abeg make una dey take it easy with AlDubai Atiku

grin cheesy

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by PressMyButton: 1:43am On Apr 10
Election loss is affecting Atiku's brain. Umahi na your mate?, look at the number of sites all over the country he is personally supervising.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Penguin2: 1:59am On Apr 10
All these rofo rofo no really concern me.

My own na make una sha deliver the project.

I want to be able to drive from VI to Sangotedo through the Coastal road without facing Lekki-Epe Expressway traffic hassle.

I want to be able to drive from Lagos to the East on the Coastal road without having to go through Benin and others.

That’s what I want.

Expecting Tinubu and his gang of criminals to do a project without chopping inside is like expecting a lion not to eat the goat placed under its care; and that would be the height of foolery.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Jokay07(m): 4:29am On Apr 10
Lolzz
But at the end Umahi ended up saying nothing

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Chikel20000(m): 4:33am On Apr 10
But dis Umahi de try abeg.....respect to Umahi sha....dude be pushing it n supervising it like Obi.....d more reason y d east should be trusted at national level

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by commoditiesnig: 5:16am On Apr 10
PressMyButton:
Election loss is affecting Atiku's brain. Umahi na your mate?, look at the number of sites all over the country he is personally supervising.
Honestly I'm super impressed with Engr Dave Umahi. He's been so up and doing

Kudos to him & the FG

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Ofunaofu: 5:49am On Apr 10
angry
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Morbeta11(m): 7:18am On Apr 10
With the quality of work Umahi did on third mainland bridge, I beg to know what Fashola did as works minister?

23 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by blamingthedevil: 8:16am On Apr 10
Morbeta11:
With the quality of work Umahi did on third mainland bridge, I beg to know what Fashola did as works minister?
He completed Second Niger Bridge
He complained 120km Lagos Ibadan Expressway
He completed 30 Km Ojota - Apapa Expressway with Concrete
He completed Oweto Bridge
Almost complete Bonny - Port Harcourt 60k Road
Half way Abuja- Kano Road
Many roads too numerous mention....no administration constructed roads like Buhari Govt in the history of Nigeria

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Basic123: 8:37am On Apr 10
Jokay07:
Lolzz
Or your empty brain ended up comprehending nothing.Including the fact that Calabar end of the road will start in July 2024!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Khyrvxjzy: 9:44am On Apr 10
Penguin2:
All these rofo rofo no really concern me.

My own na make una sha deliver the project.

I want to be able to drive from VI to Sangotedo through the Coastal road without facing Lekki-Epe Expressway traffic hassle.

I want to be able to drive from Lagos to the East on the Coastal road without having to go through Benin and others.

That’s what I want.

Expecting Tinubu and his gang of criminals to do a project without chopping inside is like expecting a lion not to eat the goat placed under its care; and that would be the height of foolery.

why hating umahi

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by seunmsg(m): 9:51am On Apr 10
Jokay07:
Lolzz

Former Vice President Akitu Abubakar, may not know that the third section of the project is starting in Calabar by July 2024.

He said the above and it’s very important to me and a lot of other people from the SS who are apprehensive that the project may not even get to Calabar before the end of the Tinubu administration.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Kenochi(m): 9:54am On Apr 10
God bless HE Engr Dave Umahi,God bless Asiwaju Jagaban and God bless the good people of Nigeria
Like the Honourable minister said,he will roll out the figures and so I will wait until we get them before commenting further
HE Engr Dave Umahi is a man on a mission,and the goal is simple;Deliver first class infrastructure to all Zones in Nigeria
The first of many has been delivered,the maintainance and reworking of the Third Mainland Bridge has showed that we are in for good times with HE Engr Dave Umahi
Like I told someone,with the stories we have heard of the great projects accomplished in Ebonyi State even with meager resources,coming to the Federal stage will allow Engr Dave Umahi an opportunity to really prove that his strides in Ebonyi was not a fluke
The Lagos Calabar Super Highway excites people like me,I remember the first day the Epe to Ajah project was started,it looked like it was going to be another white elephant project but today the project is gradually entering it's last phase

I encourage anyone reading this to look at the possibility of getting a property along that corridor,big things are happening and it will be a big shame if you had the ability to invest but you decided not to act
Visit my signature for more details on how to get properties in that corridor

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by 49cents(m): 10:16am On Apr 10
At the end Umahi did not give any figures...did not respond to the queries Atiku raised...APC na gbajue

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by seunjungle1(m): 10:41am On Apr 10
Wetin bring obi here now. Umahi na obi mate?
Point to one reasonable project obi do when he was governor

Chikel20000:
But dis Umahi de try abeg.....respect to Umahi sha....dude be pushing it n supervising it like Obi.....d more reason y d east should be trusted at national level

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by 9jatriot(m): 11:31am On Apr 10
This is one truth many people are not willing to admit. Notice that you did not even include the trains o.... The major person that spoilt Buhari's tenure was Emefiele, PMB believed him too much even till the last moment.

Then insecurity made nonsense of whatever gains he may have had, Then there was Malami.
blamingthedevil:

He completed Second Nigeria Bridge
He complained 120km Lagos Ibadan Expressway
He completed 30 Km Ojota - Apapa Expressway with Concrete
He completed Oweto Bridge
Almost complete Bonny - Port Harcourt 60k Road
Half way Abuja- Kano Road
Many roads too numerous mention....no administration constructed roads like Buhari Govt in the history of Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by shortgun(m): 11:32am On Apr 10
Atiku doesn't understand figures yet you can't prove he was wrong or provide any figures to counter his claims.
There's no economic benefit of that project, there are existing roads linking every part of the country; instead of spending 30% of the funds for the new road on the maintenance of the existing ones they will rather award a new road to create an avenue to loot the country to oblivion
angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Kelklein(m): 11:32am On Apr 10
Umahi didn't answer Atiku's queries in all of his submissions.. instead he went on a merry-go-round about how they were prudent.. you are telling yourself that you are prudent in spending..

I would paraphrase..

The question was 'you all said this project is going to be a BOT (Build, Operate and transfer) project and that the government won't spend anything.. so the over N1trillion you took to FEC for approval over the same project, what was that for?!'

I mean let's be serious here,,, if as a government, you have N1 trillion to kick start a project, why do you need a private entity to BOT same project... these private guys don't even have a dime but they had to rely on you to use your own bureaucracies to raise the funds for a project that they want to BUILD and OPERATE..?!?!

Something is definitely not adding up and I'm not even surprised why 🤔

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by wizelink(m): 11:35am On Apr 10
Prudent kee and still spent billions of naira buying SUV for national assembly members. Prudent still have the largest number of ministries. Abeg tell us anoda story

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by bewla(m): 11:36am On Apr 10
Una de smell
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by 96ACE: 11:36am On Apr 10
Umahi is doing well. Leaders from other regions have had the advantage of holding this same office he is operating in, but what did they do with it? They exhausted their opportunities to develop their regions playing politics, buying hotels and looting public resources. Atiku should in the spirit of the love he have for Nigeria as he claims, allow the honorable minister to focus on these ongoing developmental projects.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:36am On Apr 10
49cents:
At the end Umahi did not give any figures...did not respond to the queries Atiku raised...APC na gbajue
no, we know who the GBAJUE'S are and not APC...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by nstore: 11:37am On Apr 10

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by id4sho(m): 11:37am On Apr 10
Warning shots fired tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Thinktwicemybro: 11:37am On Apr 10
Thieves
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Pootle: 11:37am On Apr 10
na only moni aboki Cameroonian understand o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by melodyogonna(m): 11:38am On Apr 10
Best minister of works since 1999?

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by meum: 11:39am On Apr 10
David wey run am for Ebonyi fit run am 4 Nigeria. Make una Dey observe

6 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by melodyogonna(m): 11:40am On Apr 10
Kelklein:
Umahi didn't answer Atiku's queries in all of his submissions.. instead he went on a merry go round about how they were prudent.. you are telling yourself that you are prudent in spending..

I would paraphrase..

The question was 'you all said this project is going to be a BOT (Build, Operate and transfer) project and that the government won't spend anything.. so the over N1trillion you took to FEC for approval over the same project, what was that for?! 🤔
He said he'll answer at a press conference nau

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Judolisco(m): 11:40am On Apr 10
No leave am oh.... Hold am for blokos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ribadu Testifies On Ibori's $15m Bribe & Attempts On His Life / Oshiomhole, Kachikwu, Oyegun At A Thanksgiving Service In Edo. Photos / Dickson, Ben Bruce And Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.