Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi (13624 Views)

NIA Directors Ask Buhari To Stop Signing Documents He Doesn't Understand — SR / If Atiku Doesn't Get The Ticket, We Will Destroy Everything-Spokesman / Lawan Should Resign As Senate Majority Leader, If He Doesn't Understand His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by melodyogonna(m): 1:11pm On Apr 10
AareGaa:

That's why your
South East region keeps producing the worst set of leaders since independence.

A minister who has not initiated and completed a single project is the best since 1999,?

Obi who was a calamity for 8 years is seen as a hero by your delusional blodas
Have we really produced the worst set of leaders or have we simply demanded more from the people we have. Where are you from?
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by PNomsule: 1:13pm On Apr 10
Bovis:

Umahi said he would provide the full figures and cost breakdown on his trip to Lagos in a couple of days.

Atiku and his handlers should be patient instead of just pulling their own figures out of the thin air
Then he should have waited to get to Lagos first before making any Rejoinder in the first instance, and thats why the fellow you are addressing said succinctly that Umahi ended up saying zilch.

Then again, isnt that in itself a slight on Mr. Minister, if worth his onions, should be able to reel out such stats (figures) by heart 😉
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Freebills12: 1:19pm On Apr 10
[color=#000099][/color]
PressMyButton:
Election loss is affecting Atiku's brain. Umahi na your mate?, look at the number of sites all over the country he is personally supervising.

Anyone that is educated knows that your argument is fallacious. How does the number of sites all over the country answers Atiku's questions? To simplify Atiku's questions to you
1. Tinibu should make it public how much this project will cost. This has been the standard, even Buhari did.
2. Lagos has many projects ongoing, start from area with less or no project going which Calabar
3. If this project is private sponsored why is government spending a lot
4. This project has been awarded by Yaradua's government...
Umahi/ Tinibu should answer 1& 2

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Hotice085: 1:25pm On Apr 10
helinues:
Abeg make una dey take it easy with AlDubai Atiku

grin cheesy

Ogbeni, Have you seen the map and the routes this SCAM projects will follow
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by caracas: 1:26pm On Apr 10
Penguin2:
All these rofo rofo no really concern me.

My own na make una sha deliver the project.

I want to be able to drive from VI to Sangotedo through the Coastal road without facing Lekki-Epe Expressway traffic hassle.

I want to be able to drive from Lagos to the East on the Coastal road without having to go through Benin and others.

That’s what I want.

Expecting Tinubu and his gang of criminals to do a project without chopping inside is like expecting a lion not to eat the goat placed under its care; and that would be the height of foolery.
Please explain how the coastal road would help you drive from Lagos to the east directly. I thought the road only connects sw n ss
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Apel147(m): 1:28pm On Apr 10
Fact!

blamingthedevil:

He completed Second Nigeria Bridge
He complained 120km Lagos Ibadan Expressway
He completed 30 Km Ojota - Apapa Expressway with Concrete
He completed Oweto Bridge
Almost complete Bonny - Port Harcourt 60k Road
Half way Abuja- Kano Road
Many roads too numerous mention....no administration constructed roads like Buhari Govt in the history of Nigeria
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Apel147(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10
Bring your own facts here and stop hating on Buhari and APC! Which road did they start or completed in their 16yrs rule?

Atarakpa:
Obasanjo administration did better. All the road you mention is either started and awarded by obj or gej administration
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by jojothaiv(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10
Jokay07:
Lolzz
But at the end Umahi ended up saying nothing
Honestly.

Same thing applies to Bayo too, I've seen the hallelujah boys and girls saying it doesn't matter, you see why accountability go hard for Naija abi..
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by 49cents(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10
PortHarcourtcit:
no, we know who the GBAJUE'S are and not APC...

You sef can not pin point the numbers...cos you are just an emotional supporter
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by udomonday: 1:50pm On Apr 10
Jokay07:
Lolzz
because your ear is blocked with prejudice.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:02pm On Apr 10
49cents:

You sef can not pin point the numbers...cos you are just an emotional supporter
we are above your reach
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by ubimagos: 2:04pm On Apr 10
seunjungle1:
Wetin bring obi here now. Umahi na obi mate?
Point to one reasonable project obi do when he was governor

Them go tell you say, he saved money for the state. That too na project to them or the number of private secondary students that passed SSCE exams when he was governor, shikenan!
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Penguin2: 2:12pm On Apr 10
caracas:

Please explain how the coastal road would help you drive from Lagos to the east directly. I thought the road only connects sw n ss
If it connects Port Harcourt, I would rather go through the coastal road if I’m going to Aba or Owerri than go through the current route.

PH to Owerri or Aba is just a little above 1hr if not less.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by tete7000(m): 2:24pm On Apr 10
Morbeta11:
With the quality of work Umahi did on third mainland bridge, I beg to know what Fashola did as works minister?
Fasola is a lawyer, Umahi an engineer, if you give both of them construction work, an engineer should naturally perform better than a lawyer. Know this, know peace.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by damoobaba: 2:44pm On Apr 10
Penguin2:
All these rofo rofo no really concern me.

My own na make una sha deliver the project.

I want to be able to drive from VI to Sangotedo through the Coastal road without facing Lekki-Epe Expressway traffic hassle.

I want to be able to drive from Lagos to the East on the Coastal road without having to go through Benin and others.

That’s what I want.

Expecting Tinubu and his gang of criminals to do a project without chopping inside is like expecting a lion not to eat the goat placed under its care; and that would be the height of foolery.

Hope to get a property on that coastal highway route soon. Will forever respect Tinubu, so visionary.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Ykc2(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10
Badagry to CMS rail net work 16 years still counting not 50% complete , Ibadan lagos express way just 45 kilometers for 11 years not completed, this project in 70 years to come nothing will come out of it,let's not talk about ajeokuta steel complex, they just want to loot ,
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by frankson1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10
helinues:
Abeg make una dey take it easy with AlDubai Atiku

grin cheesy

What do they expect from almajiri cheesy
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by frankson1(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10
49cents:
At the end Umahi did not give any figures...did not respond to the queries Atiku raised...APC na gbajue

Should we continue begging you guys to read undecided
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by seunowa(f): 3:07pm On Apr 10
HugoBoss10:
Thieves everywhere, all a sudden Atiku doesn't understand figures.
What have we not heard from these corrupt leaders of ours
You are pained and depressed. Please tell us what your minister of works did during your Pdp( poverty development party) administration.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Dittodat: 3:12pm On Apr 10
Chikel20000:
But dis Umahi de try abeg.....respect to Umahi sha....dude be pushing it n supervising it like Obi.....d more reason y d east should be trusted at national level
Pls don't compare Umahi to Obi. Umaho is do and talk. Obi is all talk.
Huge difference.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Dittodat: 3:14pm On Apr 10
Jokay07:
Lolzz
You must reading comprehension problem.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by bitbillionaire: 3:52pm On Apr 10
9jatriot:
The major person that spoilt Buhari's tenure was Emefiele, PMB believed him too much even till the last moment.

Which Emefiele spoilt Buhari's tenure?
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by 9jatriot(m): 4:03pm On Apr 10
What have you said here now that negates the fact that Buhari believed him and the fake economic theories that he was propagating? Meffy was supposed to be the expert on monetary policies. When the other finance woman was there, he could not perform many of his vandon policies until she was out of the way.

Ways and means beyond the approved limit was Meffy's way of accessing the cookie jar. Look at the amended charge sheet of Meffy to know he was in a different level of coorrupt.

bitbillionaire:

Which Emefiele spoilt Buhari's tenure?

I know you guys have this deadly, blind, unreasonable hatred for Emefiele because of the money swap policy that brought almost unbearable hardship to many Nigerians but does it occur to you that he was only doing Buhari's bidding?

Is it the Emefiele that was so submissive to Buhari too much for his own good even to the extend of printing too much money beyond what the law stipulates just so that Buhari's government doesn't go broke. You clearly do not realise that Buhari's government would have been the most financially broke administration in the history of Nigeria if not because of the money Emefiele was printing for the government with the approval of the National Assembly.

Emefiele and Col. Dasuki who was NSA under Jonathan are suffering the same fate.

Dasuki was using tax payers money and even money Nigeria received as loans to do Father Christmas; dashing politicians and traditional rulers money left right and center with the instruction of Jonathan of course; He was hoping the people receiving the money will use their influence to help Jonathan win re-election. At the end of the day, Dasuki went to jail while Jonathan is walking free.

The same thing is happening to Emefiele, there was Emefiele did that was not authorised and/or approved by Buhari. It is Emefiele that is suffering for it now while Buhari is walking free.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by villagereporter(m): 4:07pm On Apr 10
Basic123:

Or your empty brain ended up comprehending nothing.Including the fact that Calabar end of the road will start in July 2024!

But he didn't give us the total package as Atiku explained, by giving us d figure per kilometer and the expected total cost of the project.

So whose brain is empty?
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by bitbillionaire: 4:17pm On Apr 10
9jatriot:
What have you said here now that negates the fact that Buhari believed him and the fake economic theories that he was propagating? Meffy was supposed to be the expert on monetary policies. When the other finance woman was there, he could not perform many of his vandon policies until she was out of the way.

Ways and means beyond the approved limit was Meffy's way of accessing the cookie jar. Look at the amended charge sheet of Meffy to know he was in a different level of coorrupt.

Baba, Emefiele is only being persecuted because Tinubu believe he was working against his election success. This is a vendetta thing.

Forget the so called amended charges which EFCC will end up not being able to prove in court and the court will strick them out. Na today? That is the usual EFCC's tactics

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by 9jatriot(m): 4:23pm On Apr 10
You can believe what you want about his involvement in the election. Adamu the former APC chairman and many others also worked against him, why are they also not being prosecuted or persecuted?

As for his case in court... I want to believe that the Nigerian factor will not also be at play here. However, those amended charges came from a forensic report and were very specific. I would have been able to beat my chest to say he is not going to escape with it, but the Nigerian factor is the only reason why I won't.

Recently an EFCC prosecution lawyer was dismissed on suspicion of deliberately buggling cases.
bitbillionaire:

Baba, Emefiele is only being persecuted because Tinubu believe he was working against his election success. This is a vendetta thing.

Forget the so called amended charges which EFCC will end up not being able to prove in court and the court will strick them out. Na today? That is the usual EFCC's tactics
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Dobodobo04: 4:42pm On Apr 10
shortgun:
Atiku doesn't understand figures yet you can't prove he was wrong or provide any figures to counter his claims.
There's no economic benefit of that project, there are existing roads linking every part of the country; instead of spending 30% of the funds for the new road on the maintenance of the existing ones they will rather award a new road to create an avenue to loot the country to oblivion
angry

That route will cut journey times by a lot, so Lagos to Delta might be 2-3 hours.

Also, don’t forget there will be rail btw it.

If they do high speed rail, travelling 150-200km/ hour, you can do Lagos to Calabar in 3.5/4 hours.

You can even do Lagos to Port Harcourt in 3 hours. You would have people working in Lagos Mon-Friday and living in Port Harcourt as their homes on weekends.

We have to think big as a country if we want to compete.

We need to bring people and goods together at quick speed.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by smileyoo: 4:44pm On Apr 10
Morbeta11:
With the quality of work Umahi did on third mainland bridge, I beg to know what Fashola did as works minister?
Engineer is different from a lawyer, there is nothing more better than to be given a portfolio which you are a professional at it.
Fashola is a highly intelligent man, had it been he got the portfolio of an attorney general of the federation, you would have seen more of his brilliance.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by MomohMrMoore: 5:01pm On Apr 10
He us just a sectiona tribal bigot. The railway project to another country Niger, he didnt see anything wrong in that. What economic interest is Niger to Nigeria other than to steal our oil to Niger. It is the coastal road from Lagos to the southern Nigeria he is kicking against. And the Igbos, the East and southsouth still voting for him. He will never become the president in sha Allah.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Mtmike(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10
My own question is why HITEECT, …… company that is known for high rate of uncompleted road project. Even the vi to Ajah ppp project failed, they have been on VGC to lekki alternative road for more than 4years now, the project no get head. Why HITEC This project looks dead on arrival with HITECh
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by PointZerom: 6:35pm On Apr 10
Jokay07:
Lolzz

He actually confused his audience with grammar grin grin
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway: Atiku Doesn't Understand Figures- David Umahi by Charly68: 7:23pm On Apr 10
God bless my amiable Engineer. You talk the talk and do the work. We are praying for your success sir. It is always good to put right people on the right job .. we shall soon begin to laugh in this country in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari's Historic USA Visit Watch - Live Thread / Fayemi's Mentee Visits Ward Leaders, Get Royal Blessings / Buhari Will Fight To Have A Better Senate In 2019 – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.