Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet (23121 Views)

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut / Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by xpressionx(m): 5:32am On Apr 10
The kind of FX dangote got from Buhari almost at no cost, diesel shouldn't sell more than 500,but some goats above has started bleating as usual

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by zelnababa(m): 5:33am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users over to you.
indirectly everyone is using diesel.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by CountinBlessins(m): 5:33am On Apr 10
Babastrong:
Let
see
What
the
enemies(Obi-n-goats)
of
nigeria
has
to
say

Derailing thread

Seun mynd44 obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique fergie001
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by MadamExcellency: 5:34am On Apr 10
Bunkery was selling to them at cheaper rate and now that Dangote refinery has replaced bunkery, he should comply.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by nellybadas: 5:35am On Apr 10
DJInfluence:
Even if sold at #700-#800, these same marketers will smuggle it to neighbouring countries to sell at a higher price instead of selling to Nigerians at the lower price.

That's what will eventually happen.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by nedekid: 5:38am On Apr 10
sleek214:
Dangote is not a patriotic Nigerian, he is a thief
Walahi

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by 10kgod(m): 5:41am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users over to you.

You know you are wrong here.... AGO is important to everyone. It's what they are using to move goods and services from one point to another.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by nedekid: 5:41am On Apr 10
Saao:
same government can't build her own refinery. He is a business man, he will fix his prices as he deemed it fit. You guys can't hold your government accountable rather individual businessmen and women. Dey play
It seems you do not know your money and those of other Nigerians was sunk into that place. Part of the economic, exchange rate problems Nigerians are suffering now is also as a result of that refinary.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ivolt: 5:43am On Apr 10
sleek214:

The federal government, provided almost everything he needed, FG gave him Forex at a very discounted rate. So, he should splash the price
You guys should stop with the dumb line of "discounted rate" for forex.
There is nothing like that.
At least, you should first understand the FX sector before discussing it.

Or maybe I am wrong. Maybe he bought dollar at #200 when the official rate was #400.

BTW, he is in business for money not sentiment or charity.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ivolt: 5:43am On Apr 10
AAAA67:
They don't know that Aliko is a businessman.
And the refinery has a very huge debt profile.
He will want to capitalize on existing price to make huge profit.
Government needs to be involved in pricing of products from his refinery, else , the monopoly continues.
To the bold as what?
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Babastrong(m): 5:46am On Apr 10
[quote author=CountinBlessins post=129358248]
Derailing thread
Seun mynd44 obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique fergie001[are you An obi-goat? why pressing "CONTROL P"]
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by nedekid: 5:51am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
Ago is more important to you than gasoline regardless of if you purchase it or not.
Infact it is unheard of for diesel to be more expensive than petrol. Diesel runs the economy more especially in one without constant power supply. All the logistics to move cargo, foodstuff, brt, manufactured products, hotel room rates, factories, mtn base stations, hospitals, airports, trains etc are all powered by ago.
If diesel price drops by 50% automatically cost of living will drop.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by phemmie06(m): 5:54am On Apr 10
May all those who wrecked the Nigeria refineries also be wrecked.
If those refineries were working we won't have problem of fuel.

Just one refineries and there's discussion on price reduction, if we have more than five then there would be choices to make

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Teymanhenry(f): 5:55am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users are over to you.
The tractors used in farming are diesel engine machines, the trucks used in transporting goods from farms, or factory to towns are mostly diesel-engined trucks. When the cost of transporting these goods is factored in, prices of foodstuff will go up. Until price of diesel come down, we won't see a drastic reduction in prices of local commodities

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by nedekid: 5:59am On Apr 10
Babangidapikin:
They can wait for Port Harcourt refinery or other Modular refinery...he is in an export processing zone ...he is not doing charity. They should go to OPEC and drop the price of crude oil first ....The timeline to build the refinery sef was exceeded and that is extra debt piled up which he has to offset .
Nobody is asking for charity.
Nigeria ie Nnpc invested directly over $3.5b in hard cash to own a share of that place. This is aside Nigerians, you, I and others financing that place through cbn providing fx at below cbn rate during the construction. That refinary is one of the reasons the economy is in this state with Nigerians facing difficulties. Investments was made there in the hope Nigerians will have sucour.
The agreement is that part (%) of dangotes production process will dedicated to refine Nigerian crude for local consumption on behalf of the nnpc and at local price. Lookup the interview with kyari, the Nnpc boss on YouTube.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by gabbytabby: 6:05am On Apr 10
The problem is too many talk, talk whatabout men. We need more lions and tigers who will go there and get things done.

How many licences issued but we continue to thank God for men who dare to dream big dreams.

Dangote, Wigwe and others na men you be.

jericco1:
This is what monopolistic market causes.

Sometimes I just dislike this country because we don't have a functioning government
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ceejay80s(m): 6:09am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
U forget say the foodstuffs wey dey come from north na diesel truck e dey follow. Sidon dey talk like meat wey never don for pot

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by gabbytabby: 6:12am On Apr 10
Be patient and allow those benefits to flow through.

It will happen, think of the employment benefits and there are many saboteurs and hyenas that are so against Nigeria producing and helping other African countries at the same time.

You think the European refineries that we were buying from are happy to see this happening.

nedekid:

Nobody is asking for charity.
Nigeria ie Nnpc invested directly over $3.5b in hard cash to own a share of that place. This is aside Nigerians, you, I and others financing that place through cbn providing fx at below cbn rate during the construction. That refinary is one of the reasons the economy is in this state with Nigerians facing difficulties. Investments was made there in the hope Nigerians will have sucour.
The agreement is that part (%) of dangotes production process will dedicated to refine Nigerian crude for local consumption on behalf of the nnpc and at local price. Lookup the interview with kyari, the Nnpc boss on YouTube.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by opera1(m): 6:21am On Apr 10
iampeterben:

Dey play sir. We are all using Diesel indirectly.

Diesel, petrol and light are the major determinant of our economy.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by pocom16: 6:26am On Apr 10
jericco1:
This is what monopolistic market causes.

Sometimes I just dislike this country because we don't have a functioning government

Y'all shouting monopoly..but no body stop your papa from building refineries undecided undecided
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by SenecaTheYonger: 6:27am On Apr 10
What was the point of dollar going down? Omo this thing Dey irritate my soul
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by faceland: 6:27am On Apr 10
All these are drama. I would believe dangote petroleum the day I have their goddamn product in my tank.

Since December 2023, they said they are good to go. I remember where I was when one naive youth was jubilating that dangote have released his fuel (while holding his phone, he was praise God).
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Cantonese: 6:28am On Apr 10
Now that we have working refineries. Why do dealers ask refineries to sell at such high prices. Before now, we were given all kinds of stories on how the cost of importation, transportation, customs duty, shipping, VAT, etc, made the price of petroleum products high. We expect that diesel and petrol should be sold for less than 200 naira please.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by pocom16: 6:30am On Apr 10
nedekid:

It seems you do not know your money and those of other Nigerians was sunk into that place. Part of the economic, exchange rate problems Nigerians are suffering now is also as a result of that refinary.

Nigerians are suffering is as a result of past administration negligence to building refineries.. Obasanjo GEJ and yar adua are the reason we are in a big mess... let's leave the military..these tenures had the opportunity of building these facilities when the revenue from oil was reasonable and exchanged rates were down..

Dangote is like every other big industry in Nigeria..
They are establish to make profit.. judging how harsh the nigerian environment is.. government try to favour these industries to prevent them from shutting down..

Selling cheap forex, tax credit etc are such examples..otherwise you should see more frequent close downs

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Aemann33: 6:38am On Apr 10
Wether you use diesel or not,it would affect you. Most of the vehicles transporting goods are diesel powered, also most companies, factories and so on use diesel powered machines. The lower the price of diesel the lower the price of commodities in the market.

iampeterben:
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Aemann33: 6:39am On Apr 10
Wether you use diesel or not,it would affect you. Most of the vehicles transporting goods are diesel powered, also most companies, factories and so on use diesel powered machineries. The lower the price of diesel the lower the price of commodities in the market.

iampeterben:

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Willed042(m): 6:41am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
Every item u buy in Nigeria is diesel cost factored. So directly or indirectly we all ate affected by diesel price oga. Industrial machine use diesel for production, trucks that carries goods, services and farm products use diesel for haulage.

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Flier: 6:42am On Apr 10
Dangote companies are being operated by mostly Indians so i don’t think it’s really a Nigerian friendly company,diesel importation should continue and there should be a competition otherwise it will turn out like cement where just 2 companies are ripping the country.ONE thing is certain,inflation will not stop till there is a decrease in the fuel price or stable electricity even if dollar keep dropping
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Ogbodavies(m): 6:44am On Apr 10
Greedy men everywhere... Bua or ibeto would hv reduced price... no b same fg reduce fx for him during construction..
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Mandesz(m): 6:45am On Apr 10
The marketers may not love us but a usual way to kill the refinary
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:45am On Apr 10
Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

Only a very strict man can rule this country successfully

South-West Tops List Of Domestic Debtors, South-East Least Indebted / House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System / Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG