Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet (23145 Views)

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut / Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Khyrvxjzy: 6:46am On Apr 10
Okoroawusa:
Dangote bring down that price. Sometimes you have to do what is fair and not necessarily what is right.

fair,
let let government to carry soldiers and overtake the refinery
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Mandesz(m): 6:50am On Apr 10
Flier:
Dangote companies are being operated by mostly Indians so i don’t think it’s really a Nigerian friendly company,diesel importation should continue and there should be a competition otherwise it will turn out like cement where just 2 companies are ripping the country.ONE thing is certain,inflation will not stop till there is a decrease in the fuel price or stable electricity even if dollar keep dropping
it's to be for now because it's a donkey year Nigeria owned a refinary. I mean we don't have the human skill for now until Nigerians learn on-the-job
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Flier: 6:52am On Apr 10
Mandesz:
it's to be for now because it's a donkey year Nigeria owned a refinary. I mean we don't have the human skill for now until Nigerians learn on-the-job
I am not talking about only this Refinery,all Dangote companies are operated by Indians and that is why it will never be Nigerian friendly because they are using world market factor not Nigeria unlike glo and air peace that normally crash prices.

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by wizelink(m): 6:54am On Apr 10
I hope not after cut price the marketers start selling at a very high price because they want to make huge profit

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Nicepoker(m): 6:55am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users over to you.
Indirectly you are consuming diesel.

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:56am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users over to you.

You need to rethink do you understand what's multiple effects

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ufotunang: 7:00am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
...the high price of disel affects you and everybody.. because all this foodstuffs and goods transported to the market is with disel.. these trailers, trucks that transport foodstuffs and goods to the market use disel..so if the price of disel is high and expensive..the costs of transportating this foodstuffs and goods to the market will be high ..and the costs of the foodstuffs and goods will be expensive in the market as we nigerians have been complaining of high costs of food stuffs and goods in the market and inflation now

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by UHLmoving: 7:00am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
Everybody uses diesel, directly or indirectly. The items you use from table water to soap, to toothpaste, biscuits, bread, etc were all produced using diesel. So if the diesel price is high, you get to pay for it through the increased prices of these commodities.

2 Likes

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by elmodee7(m): 7:03am On Apr 10
Reminds me of felas song, VIP ( Vagabonds In Power)
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ufotunang: 7:06am On Apr 10
That is why monopoly is bad...if they is competition in the refinery sector, oil and petroleum sector..and we have other refineries producing fuel , disel and other petroleum products ..the competition will bring down the prices of these petroleum products and they will be no need to beg Dangote to bring down his own price of his petroleum products

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by oluwaseyi0: 7:09am On Apr 10
iampeterben:

Only if you are not living in Nigeria, nothing concerns you more than diesel ⛽ if you leave in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by DemonSlayer: 7:10am On Apr 10
iampeterben:

Bro. Diesel is what the big trucks that distribute goods across the country run on. It is what fuels the generators that power factories. All these are factored in the pricing of the goods and commodities you buy in the market. A reduction in the input cost, is likely going to reflect in the price of goods and services. That's how you're affected.

2 Likes

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by smileyoo: 7:10am On Apr 10
sleek214:
Dangote is not a patriotic Nigerian, he is a thief
lol. at least he is very useful and provides needed employments and essential services to Nigerians .
What about the political parasites constantly stealing from the system, without adding any value to the system ?

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by emperor4love(m): 7:11am On Apr 10
U de tell business man to bring down price at who detriment, government no get there own refinery, abi na free loan without interest de giv dangote,u guys should fix una refinery or build enough modular refinery

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by sleek214(m): 7:13am On Apr 10
ivolt:

You guys should stop with the dumb line of "discounted rate" for forex.
There is nothing like that.
At least, you should first understand the FX sector before discussing it.

Or maybe I am wrong. Maybe he bought dollar at #200 when the official rate was #400.

BTW, he is in business for money not sentiment or charity.
I don't have energy for unintelligent people like you this morning.
You call people DUMB but unfortunately you're ignorant of some of the happenings in that refinery, between 2017 - 2023 , heavy fraud was committed in the name of the refinery, I repeat, Dangote was getting Forex very cheap, he had waivers on most of the equipments he imported.

4 Likes

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by NotoriousBiggyS: 7:17am On Apr 10
iampeterben:

So you don't know most of the products you buy are expensive because manufacturers has to run on high cost of diesels?

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Wande22(m): 7:18am On Apr 10
iampeterben:

At 1,500/1,550 where I work spent over 20m last month on Diesel. So oga the news is way relevant
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Wande22(m): 7:18am On Apr 10
NotoriousBiggyS:

So you don't know most of the products you buy are expensive because manufacturers has to run on high cost of diesels?
No mind am
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Toosure70: 7:19am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
see fish brain o, but you something factory produce .
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by NotoriousBiggyS: 7:19am On Apr 10
Wande22:

No mind am

The guy na correct 0zwor
I thought anybody on naira land are informed and educated. He just prove me wrong
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Passionnn: 7:20am On Apr 10
Shollay20:
GOOD MOVES.
Sadly, a monopolistic market will not generate the desired competive atmosphere which could crash down the prices of petroleum products.
Since it is clear that the sharks in the oil and gas industry have frustrated every move by government to revamp the four refineries, government should look towards privatizing them or sell them off outrightly to private investors.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ubox: 7:20am On Apr 10
Basic123:

Honestly!

He is too greedy walahi
The real question is, are Nigerians patriotic??
In the other thread someone is saying Air peace should have consulted the foreign airlines before reducing price
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Ken4Christ: 7:21am On Apr 10
iampeterben:

Why are you talking like someone who didn't go to school? It affects you indirectly. Prices of most goods you buy depends on production costs. And diesel price is part of the production cost.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by CodeTemplar: 7:22am On Apr 10
What they are demanding is illogical given their penchant for smuggling cheap fuel outside Nigeria to sell at killer profit.
It only makes half sense to the poor man at the consuming end of the distribution chain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by kaymart: 7:23am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
Smh
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Krigbe: 7:24am On Apr 10
I know Nigerians will not benefits on this,you know why,every business Dangote is involved in is not beneficial to Nigerians e.g Sugar,salt most especially cement.
Am afraid Nigerians are in deep shit.

2 Likes

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Osanoghodua1: 7:26am On Apr 10
Expect a price slash from European market if the 1200 holds. This is why monopoly is bad, why are Niger Delta indigenes not building refineries here? The cabal is about to get richer, all I need do is to buy the shares nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Winning123: 7:28am On Apr 10
DJInfluence:
Even if sold at #700-#800, these same marketers will smuggle it to neighbouring countries to sell at a higher price instead of selling to Nigerians at the lower price.

Your point is very valid.

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Babangidapikin: 7:29am On Apr 10
nedekid:

Nobody is asking for charity.
Nigeria ie Nnpc invested directly over $3.5b in hard cash to own a share of that place. This is aside Nigerians, you, I and others financing that place through cbn providing fx at below cbn rate during the construction. That refinary is one of the reasons the economy is in this state with Nigerians facing difficulties. Investments was made there in the hope Nigerians will have sucour.
The agreement is that part (%) of dangotes production process will dedicated to refine Nigerian crude for local consumption on behalf of the nnpc and at local price. Lookup the interview with kyari, the Nnpc boss on YouTube.
You are making look like it's only the CBN that funded the project, well that is not true ..as for NNPC they supplied crude oil for their stake and they were not charitable about it.. You should allow the Refinery determine their price that would ginger others to come into the market..so this play back song of monopoly that don't exist would crack.

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by NinjaMetahuman: 7:32am On Apr 10
AAAA67:
They don't know that Aliko is a businessman.
And the refinery has a very huge debt profile.
He will want to capitalize on existing price to make huge profit.
Government needs to be involved in pricing of products from his refinery, else , the monopoly continues.
government doesn't need to be involved in pricing.

They just need not to ban importation of the peoduct.

They should never allow dangote to control the price. If dangotes price is too high, people should have the option to import the product.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Meti99(m): 7:32am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
But most of the products you use e.g soap, salts for your foods, toothpastes, shoes etc are produced by companies who run diesels and thereby transfer the cost to you in market
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by maxiuc(m): 7:37am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
see sense so because you don't use diesel directly it doesn't concern you, manufacturers depends on diesel the produce what you eat Truck drivers depends on diesel they transport whatever the manufacturers and farmers produce price of diesel affects everything if you don't know

Oya give yourself a heavy knock on your head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3000 Members Dump APC For PDP In Benue (Photos) / Uzodinma: President Buhari To Visit Imo Thursday / Buhari Returns Buni As APC Caretaker Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.