Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet (23146 Views)

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut / Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Adolfnigeria: 7:40am On Apr 10
This is one business that dangote could probably regret if the political space is not managed well. The cabals are trying to ensure he sells at a loss. There is no reason diesel should sell below 1k. Given the price of a barrel of crude on the international market. The biggest political trap he will face is supplying PMS. PMS should be above 1000NGN.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by sleek214(m): 7:49am On Apr 10
Adolfnigeria:
This is one business that dangote could probably regret if the political space is not managed well. The cabals are trying to ensure he sells at a loss. There is no reason diesel should sell below 1k. Given the price of a barrel of crude on the international market. The biggest political trap he will face is supplying PMS. PMS should be above 1000NGN.
Some of you don't have any business on a public forum. You're too dumb in your analysis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by amaridigital(m): 7:55am On Apr 10
Saao:
same government can't build her own refinery. He is a business man, he will fix his prices as he deemed it fit. You guys can't hold your government accountable rather individual businessmen and women. Dey play

Federal Government owns 20% of the Dangote Refinery. Nigerians have a stake in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by omoredia: 7:59am On Apr 10
AAAA67:
They don't know that Aliko is a businessman.
And the refinery has a very huge debt profile.
He will want to capitalize on existing price to make huge profit.
Government needs to be involved in pricing of products from his refinery, else , the monopoly continues.

U mean this govt that has no clue? I dey laugh u and ur worthless certificate

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Meteng: 8:11am On Apr 10
As if he has reduced the price of cement that the materials are sourced locally

2 Likes

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by FireUpNow(m): 8:11am On Apr 10
I thought Aliko Dangote Refinery imported the crude oil it refined in Nigeria so he must make his profit. Hold your go t to fix all the modular refineries in Nigeria.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Hamachi(f): 8:11am On Apr 10
Yankee101:

Competition and availability of options crashes prices

Before airpeace started the London route it was 1500 dollars. It is now 500 dollars

If you dey follow current affairs no be everything require explanation
Telecommunications is a good example

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Chikel20000(m): 8:15am On Apr 10
Yankee101:

Competition and availability of options crashes prices

Before airpeace started the London route it was 1500 dollars. It is now 500 dollars

If you dey follow current affairs no be everything require explanation
if that's d case, let's do d same to power sector too

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Adolfnigeria: 8:19am On Apr 10
@sleek214
You are the daft one along with the like

Answer these questions-
How much is a barrel of crude?
How much are dangote's loan and what currency are the debts?
What is the exchange rate of usd/ngn?
What is the cost of PMs and diesel on the international market?
Whst is the cist of the gas dangote is using to fuel is turbine?
If dangote is connected to the grid, is a band a customer, how much does he pay for electricity?

You are unable to think critically. I ask you these questions to help you do so.
Dumbass

sleek214:

Some of you don't have any business on a public forum. You're too dumb in your analysis

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Frezhkid10(m): 8:26am On Apr 10
sleek214:
Dangote is not a patriotic Nigerian, he is a thief
how can you be patriotic when you have a $16billion debt to pay back.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Moneyboyz: 8:38am On Apr 10
Dangore has never worked towards the progress of the country and he's not about to start that today.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by fortunez1(m): 8:40am On Apr 10
Babangidapikin:
They can wait for Port Harcourt refinery or other Modular refinery...he is in an export processing zone ...he is not doing charity. They should go to OPEC and drop the price of crude oil first ....The timeline to build the refinery sef was exceeded and that is extra debt piled up which he has to offset .
so he should sell at same price as imported product in other to achieve all his gains in one week ?

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by VULCAN(m): 8:44am On Apr 10
This article is hilarious.

You are asking the managers of Dangote Refinery to reduce the price they are selling Diesel as it's almost the same as the imported one.

Hahahaha.

Is it the managers who built the refinery or Dangote himself?

I want to see the manager who will go into Dangote's office and tell him to reduce the price.

Dangote is a monopolist not a communist- he has no interest in lowering his prices. Has he lowered cement that he also produces in Nigeria?

A lot of foolish Nigerians are depending on Dangote Refinery to bail Nigeria out of the economic disaster that APC has plunged us into- how daft can they be.

Dangote is working for himself and his shareholders.

He has never and may never work to make life easier for Nigerians.

Accept that and move on
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by theamazonguru(m): 9:02am On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users over to you.

You are very funny and quite myopic.
Receive understanding in Jesus name.

You might not use diesel directly, but you do indirectly.
Most trucks doing haulage and cargo movement like food items etc use diesel engines hence diesel.
If the price of diesel is high, it impacts on the price of the commodity transported.

If you attend big churches that use big generators, then you are enjoying/suffering the use of diesel.
Most times, if the price of diesel is high, the church rations how they switch on the generator.

The point is the price of fuel has a spiral effect on the retail price of almost every good and services , and you can't tell me you don't buy one good and service from vendors who directly make use of diesel.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by just2endowed: 9:05am On Apr 10
newdawnlive:
t do they do sakara half bread is better than none

Dangote is a very greedy and ungrateful ingrate. Some say it's business but it's useless business. Why should he sell almost same as when diesel is imported?

Where is the consumer price protection agency? He is a greedy man. He can't survive in a competitive environment. Let government let our refinary work and leave this useless dangote.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by just2endowed: 9:11am On Apr 10
VULCAN:
This article is hilarious.

You are asking the managers of Dangote Refinery to reduce the price they are selling Diesel as it's almost the same as the imported one.

Hahahaha.

Is it the managers who built the refinery or Dangote himself?

I want to see the manager who will go into Dangote's office and tell him to reduce the price.

Dangote is a monopolist not a communist- he has no interest in lowering his prices. Has he lowered cement that he also produces in Nigeria?

A lot of foolish Nigerians are depending on Dangote Refinery to bail Nigeria out of the economic disaster that APC has plunged us into- how daft can they be.

Dangote is working for himself and his shareholders.

He has never and may never work to make life easier for Nigerians.

Accept that and move on

Wow, a thinking govt knows the economic implications of moving on as you said. Let's assume that the price of dollar keep failing and it fail to 900\$ and your greedy dangote still selling at 1300 as he please. Won't this force marketers to go and import and this having effect on demand for dollar again?

This will indirectly put pressure on the naira again making dollar expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by crossbreedwears(m): 9:21am On Apr 10
Thanks for educating people like him who doesn't understand economy. He should ask himself why family loaf bread is expensive. I use diesel for my daily business and I'll be much happier if it drops to 850 or less
LKO:

The price of diesel should concern you and everyone one of us. Cheaper diesel would drastically reduced the overall manufacturing cost, transportation and the cost of distributing goods to different parts of the country. This will have a positive effect on the prices of goods and services which you would benefit from. Today high cost of diesel is partly responsible for the high cost of doing business in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ADMAF(m): 9:23am On Apr 10
Babangidapikin:
They can wait for Port Harcourt refinery or other Modular refinery...he is in an export processing zone ...he is not doing charity. They should go to OPEC and drop the price of crude oil first ....The timeline to build the refinery sef was exceeded and that is extra debt piled up which he has to offset .
For your information, the refinery is within a Free Zone and he's enjoyed numerous waivers and a variety of incentives from the government up until this point.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Growing(m): 9:26am On Apr 10
The only way out I see is allowing competition to happen.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by Originalsly: 9:41am On Apr 10
Hmmm .... they are setting his selling price .... that the price must not be pegged to forex.... it is a local product therefore it must be affordable to locals. They made some reasonable points ... but do they know his expenses? ... do they know the cost of doing business in Nigeria? Did they confront the ones they are importing from on their price?.... how much they are buying for and if transportation costs that much to be delivering at N1200/1250 per litter?

Let's keep it real. Dangote has to sell at or near the imported price .... regardless of his production price. Not because of monopoly or greed but because the dealers are greedy and corrupt. If Dangote sells at N850 ... there will be a shortage ... the price at the pump will be reduced just a little ... and we will be hearing excuses and explanations when the fact of the matter is they will be exporting the fuel to maximize profits. Weren't they doing so before when the fuel was subsidised? Why would they not do so again? I strongly believe that's their aim.

" You can't change the spots of a leopard. "

1 Like

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by GodHimself: 10:05am On Apr 10
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by stevups(m): 10:24am On Apr 10
sleek214:

I'm telling you. He's taking the advantage of the country seriously
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by tollyboy5(m): 11:23am On Apr 10
wizelink:
I hope not after cut price the marketers start selling at a very high price because they want to make huge profit
That is their target bro
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by wizelink(m): 11:25am On Apr 10
tollyboy5:

That is their target bro

My dear Naija people don suffer too much and need urgent help to cushion the effect.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by adenigga(m): 11:28am On Apr 10
maxiuc:
see sense so because you don't use diesel directly it doesn't concern you, manufacturers depends on diesel the produce what you eat Truck drivers depends on diesel they transport whatever the manufacturers and farmers produce price of diesel affects everything if you don't know

Oya give yourself a heavy knock on your head
Respect.......

Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by obrian888: 11:52am On Apr 10
sleek214:

Dangote is worse than a thief, he is murderer, he hates competition and he will never succeed in this refinery business, unless he give Nigerians a fair price, nobody sent him to borrow and build refinery, he did it with the intent of ripping Nigerians, here we are.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by ivolt: 2:45pm On Apr 10
sleek214:

I don't have energy for unintelligent people like you this morning.
You call people DUMB but unfortunately you're ignorant of some of the happenings in that refinery, between 2017 - 2023 , heavy fraud was committed in the name of the refinery, I repeat, Dangote was getting Forex very cheap, he had waivers on most of the equipments he imported.
It is a disaster when you are proudly ignorant.
Oh, it is now waivers he got and therefore 'cheap forex'.
I doubt you even know the meaning of waivers and how it is obtained.

Many of you are not different from garage touts when discussing issues.
You believe repeatedly shouting "cheap forex" will automatically make it true.

In case, you still struggle to understand this simple issue as you are obviously on
the left side of the bell curve. I will break it down for you.

When you claim that an entity got a commodity cheaply, there is no need crying or
shouting to prove your point.
All you need do is to point out the real price of the said commodity vs the
"cheap price" the entity paid at the reference time.

That shouldn't be too complicated for you, should it?
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by yazzman(m): 4:32pm On Apr 10
iampeterben:
I nor dey use diesel so this news isn't relevant to me. Thank you. Diesel users over to you.
my bro this said diesel you're talking about is the major reason why prices of commodities are skyrocketing...e supposed dey relevant to you.
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by HRMK: 4:46pm On Apr 10
are these dealers in any position to ask for a specific price?na dem build refinery for dangote?let them get their diesel abroad now!
Re: Dealers Demand ₦850/Litre Diesel As Dangote, Marketers Meet by PHAYOL81: 11:00pm On Apr 10
Hope they've factored in all likely cost of refining and crude oil acquisition before arriving at the price limit? Anyway, we await the result of their meeting but we pray it yieds good result for the sake of the masses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger's Governor Celebrates Birthday On A Private-Jet / Masari Stops His Convoy To Help Accident Victims In Katsina. PICS / Osinbajo: FG To Create 5million Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.