Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays (42121 Views)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / Countries With The Biggest Debts In The World (Photos) / 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by 99thEnemy(m): 9:02am On Apr 10
Across the world, various countries enjoy a multitude of public holidays, each reflecting their cultural, religious, and historical diversity.

Public holidays, also known as national holidays, are specific days in a year set aside by law for non-working purposes.

These days commemorate significant historical events, religious observances, or adhere to a particular calendar system.

However, despite insinuations that some African countries are inundated with public holidays, no country on the continent makes the top 10 in holidays, with Morocco coming in as 11th on the ranking.

Among nations worldwide, Cambodia holds the record for the highest number of public holidays, boasting a total of 28 observed annually.

Following closely, Sri Lanka has 25 public holidays, while both India and Kazakhstan observe 21.

Colombia, the Philippines, and Trinidad and Tobago each celebrate 18 public holidays, while China and Hong Kong have 17.

In Nigeria, there are around 11 public holidays observed annually. These holidays include both religious and non-religious celebrations, marking significant events such as New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Christmas, and Eid al-Fitr, among others.

Here is a list of countries with the highest number of public holidays according to World Atlas

1: Cambodia – 28 public holidays

2: Sri Lanka – 25 public holidays

3: India, Kazakhstan – 21 public holidays

4: Colombia, Philippines, Trinidad and Tobago – 18 public holidays

5: China, Hong Kong – 17 public holidays

6: Thailand, Turkey, Pakistan – 16 public holidays

7: Japan, Malaysia, Argentina, Lithuania, Sweden – 15 public holidays

8: Indonesia, Chile, Slovakia – 14 public holidays

9: South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Taiwan, Nepal – 13 public holidays

10: Finland, Russia – 12 public holidays

11: Singapore, Italy, Denmark, France, UAE, Morocco, Czech Republic, Luxembourg 11 public holidays

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/list-countries-with-highest-number-of-public-holidays/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by LagosFirstSon: 9:03am On Apr 10
Good to know

8 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by 99thEnemy(m): 9:03am On Apr 10
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Magnetic010: 9:16am On Apr 10
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration Abi how you see am

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by 89green: 9:17am On Apr 10
Asia no dey use public holiday play at all. I know places like UK will not be on that list, bank holiday no too much, dem too like hustle. grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by MrProlific95: 9:19am On Apr 10
That means we should increase our own to 13,

National day for CORNIFIED sycophants

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Blossomcresty(m): 9:20am On Apr 10
It's every story that's makes frontpage this days
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Boogyman557: 9:21am On Apr 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by ATEAMS: 9:22am On Apr 10
Enjoyment
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Dada4me: 9:22am On Apr 10
Most of the countries mentioned above are very religious. Most declared holidays are religiously inclined.

18 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by SETHARTHUR(m): 9:22am On Apr 10
Wow... Informations like this are interesting 🤔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Treasure17(m): 9:23am On Apr 10
Nigeria make top four...will surely carry the league very soon since Tinubu is the coach.

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by estyvino(m): 9:23am On Apr 10
you don't mean it!
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by ggenius77(m): 9:23am On Apr 10
Nigeria with many public holidays affect National input

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 9:23am On Apr 10
Do you mean to tell me that Nigerian public holidays are not up to 11days
Mehn at least I'm enlightened by this thread. Ordinarily one would think Nigerian public holidays are up to 20days with the way holidays are declared.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Provesto: 9:24am On Apr 10
In Nigeria there's nothing to enjoy during Holidays... Those listed countries look forward to treats, pleasures, and all perks that are attached to the Hols. Here in Nigeria, Look at Christmas, prices of essentials are always on all time High. Not everyone can afford simple things like chicken not same when you check statistics of households with monster looking Turkeys in their pots during Thanksgiving in the United States... Nigerian holidays doesn't come with full enjoyment packages.

It's Ramadan Hols, only Muslims friends has the muscle to afford chicken. Rice sef was a war fought overtime before they could afford it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by spartachico(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
How many public holiday does agbado nation got
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by NSK4U(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Hmmmmm..........

If I have my way, only 5days will be used as public holidays. No shifting d holiday when any falls into weekend as well. Nigeria is still a holiday'ing country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Charmingrascal(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Lol
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by YoungLionken(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Our own suppose reach 50, the pressure from on work ehn...

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by TouchNfollow(f): 9:24am On Apr 10
With all their public holidays, they are still far better than the hypocrites that are about to condem them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by nanauju(f): 9:24am On Apr 10
grin
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by adamawaboy(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Izzokay,

4 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by ggenius77(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Don't apc
Magnetic010:
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration Abi how you see am

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by jojothaiv(m): 9:24am On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration abi how you see am
A plus to them.

4 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by marvellous2222: 9:24am On Apr 10
These countries with much holidays are more productive than Nigeria with less holiday

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Ferriandson23: 9:27am On Apr 10
With all their plenty public holidays, they are still better than Nigeria... Wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Nazgul: 9:27am On Apr 10
We have just 2 official religions in Nigeria, so I wasn't expecting us to have a 30 calendar day public holiday.

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Robisky001(m): 9:27am On Apr 10
Most of the countries there are unproductive countries with exception to China. I was actually expecting Nigeria to be on the top 5 but we are no where close to top 10.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter: Elon Musk Given 24 Hours To Address Graphic Images Of Hamas Attacks / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom / Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.